• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

shockre

shockre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
safari, youtube, itunes, photobooth, ichat, skype, imovie - all good on msi wind, no problems. multitasking too.

jimw1956

jimw1956

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Image

I make patch, test it please.
Download Link here.
Original russian article here.
Google translated page here.

Nice work. I don't know why Apple waste the effort of trying to break hackintosh...whatever they can do, somebody can and will undo.

sosleepy

sosleepy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I have the same sleepenabler KP as msimac...
Unfourtinately I have no way to access a osx install to work around with the files, so im limited to using transmac via windows (i have yet to figure out how to mount my SL disk as RW via ubuntu). I tried using the updated sleepenabler kext, and i get the same KP... i also tried removing it all together and booting with -f (which still yielded a sleepenabler KP). I'm obviously forgetting to do something (updating something or clearing the caches? iono) or I am not removing the right kext. Any Ideas?

AppleIIGuy

AppleIIGuy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I have the same sleepenabler KP as msimac...
Unfourtinately I have no way to access a osx install to work around with the files, so im limited to using transmac via windows (i have yet to figure out how to mount my SL disk as RW via ubuntu). I tried using the updated sleepenabler kext, and i get the same KP... i also tried removing it all together and booting with -f (which still yielded a sleepenabler KP). I'm obviously forgetting to do something (updating something or clearing the caches? iono) or I am not removing the right kext. Any Ideas?

You need to boot a install cd or usb stick

Frogburn959

Frogburn959

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted Image

I make patch, test it please.
Download Link here.
Original russian article here.
Google translated page here.

Have you tried to run VMware Fusion 3.0 I have the same system and with the mach_kernel 10.6.1 and 10.6.0 VMware install Crashes my system, My alternate fix was to install the voodoo 9.5.0 kernel but I can't get it to install properly.

teateam

teateam

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I'll try.
PS. Atom not support virtualization.

teateam

teateam

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hi. I test with VMWare 3.0.1 - all work fine.
Posted Image

PinkFreud

PinkFreud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Here we go, Apple just released the sources of 10.6.2:

sources

Please pardon an ignorant :thumbsup_anim: question from an OSX86 n00b (with decent Linux experience, though). Which source package contains the mach_kernel files?

Here we go, Apple just released the sources of 10.6.2:

sources

Please pardon an ignorant :dev: question from an OSX86 n00b (with decent Linux experience, though). Which source package contains the mach_kernel files?

Edit: I'm admitting what an incredibly dense question that was. xnu

edgecrush3r

edgecrush3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
DL links are dead :D

teateam

teateam

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
i test links - all work.

clemsyn

clemsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi, any chance you can make one for 10.5.8 kernel of you can send me instructions on how to do hex edit the mach_kernel and I'll try to do it. Thanks.

RLP06

RLP06

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is it better to use patched kernel or 10.6.1 kernel?

melaverde

melaverde

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
works fine! ty!

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.

works fine! ty!

Yeah, it works...

edgecrush3r

edgecrush3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
it works!!! realy awesome work!!! thanks a million !

teateam

teateam

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Hi, any chance you can make one for 10.5.8 kernel of you can send me instructions on how to do hex edit the mach_kernel and I'll try to do it. Thanks.

10.5.8 work with vanilla kernel. Only in 10.6.2 Apple remove Atom support.

clemsyn

clemsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

10.5.8 work with vanilla kernel. Only in 10.6.2 Apple remove Atom support.

Thanks for the reply. I have a d945gclf2 with Atom 330. With 10.5.8 (and 10.5.7) kernel, it only works with hyperthreading disabled or using cpus=3. A complete hyperthreading on 10.5.8 kernel would be great. Thanks.

teateam

teateam

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
A-ha. I have it too (use as home media-server and torrent box). I use 10.6.2 in 32-bit mode - work all, include sleep.

clemsyn

clemsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

A-ha. I have it too (use as home media-server and torrent box). I use 10.6.2 in 32-bit mode - work all, include sleep.

Wish I could upgrade to snow but not sure on what to use. I downloaded hazard's but I get errors so I'm sticking with 10.5.8. I would appreciate it if you can make hyperthreading for that kernel. Also a list of your kext on snow would be appreciated along with the settings. Thanks.

Faslane

Faslane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All, I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with a "Velocity Netboox M10" getting Leopard or even Snow Leopard to work. It has the same specs basically as the mini 10v

Intel 945 (great for hackintosh)

Realtek and Via ethernet and wireless (i think probs with wireless and OS X if not mistaken)

Processor is an Aton N270

I have a bootable Flash disc made for a Dell mini 10 and it installed fine on it, but when I try to boot I just see the Apple logo and it never goes any further but the specs are the same as the Dell mini as far as chipset and graphics.

Thoughts??

Thank you! much Appreciated!! Want to hackintosh this and the dell was sosooooooooo easy itwas silly. I have a retail Leopard disc as well but same result.

Lane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy