GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/02/2018 at 11:37 AM, Atomic_Sheep said:

Yep makes no sense to me either. Clover is definitely not installed anywhere other than my USB.

Another question. When you compile DSDT, various errors/warnings pop up. Should I be aware of something in this regard? Should they all be rectified or just ignore these?

In my experience that are problems related to NVRAM settings.

Try deleting NVRAM.plist on ESP from your boot disk

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm expériencing big problems with the latest Clover versions r4428 or r4439.

Boottime is very slow (5 mn) and arrives to black screen finally.

For me the latest version r4418 is ok. (Didn't change anything else

What changes since r4418 could be involved for our MOBO ?

Thanks for your lights !

Edited by @ROBASEFR

On 4/15/2018 at 8:37 AM, @ROBASEFR said:

Hello,

I'm expériencing big problems with the latest Clover versions r4428 or r4439.

Boottime is very slow (5 mn) and arrives to black screen finally.

For me the latest version r4418 is ok. Didn't change anything else

Everything works fine here.
Make sure your config.plist is updated with latest Clover Configurator 4.61.0.0

Edited by Emilo

37 minutes ago, Emilo said:

Everything works fine here.
Make sure your config.plist is updated with latest Clover Configurator 4.61.0.0

Yes, my config.plist  is up to date..

I got Clover v2.4 r4440 (compiled with Xcode 9.3 from chriss1111 , wich works without problems ! 

Many thanks to him

Edited by @ROBASEFR

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say that after 8+ years of faithful service, I'm retiring my trusty EX58-UD5. Over the past few months, my machine has been crashing repeatedly during rendering and exports which, for a professional video editor, is really not cool. I've done everything I can to diagnose the issue to no avail. I suspect my board is dying a slow and painful death.

As it happens, I built a Kaby Lake rig for a friend last year and then they changed their mind and decided to max out their MBP instead. So, rather than return everything, I decided to hang on to it. Last night I got everything up and running. It all works beautifully and I'm really happy with it, so I'm making the switch.

Just wanted to give huge thanks to everyone in this thread for the all the insight and advice you've offered up over the years. You (collectively) have saved my bacon on more than one occasion and for that I am extraordinarily grateful. This has to be one of the best, most comprehensive and long running guides and threads ever on insanelymac. Extra special thanks to d00d for all the time and hard work that went into writing post #1 and all the subsequent help. You're a bloody legend, mate!

I've salvaged the SSD and GPU from the old rig but I'll probably end up selling the rest. If anyone on here's interested, hit me up.

One love. Over and out.

• Like 1

Wow. What A run. I love my GA-EX58 mobo. Rock solid for the last nine years and counting. A real champion through many upgrades and OSes.

Good luck foraging_ferret!

Give us the specs of your new system, maybe in a new forum? I hope I don’t need it but it would be nice to know.

On 7/5/2018 at 7:54 PM, pkdesign said:

Nope, running like a charm after I figured out my Message issue (it was Clover)

Can you explain your Message issue and how did you solve it with Clover?

Thank you.

Edited by Emilo

Clover changed the default installation from including Ethernet built in / LAN fix to not including it. All you need to do is tick the LAN fix box in clover configurator or apply the fix via DSDT, then delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. I had to do this too.

I think my graphics issue is down to Apple dropping support for my old 480GTX.

EDIT: Graphics issue fixed in 10.13.6 with Web Drivers

Edited by Foxic

10 hours ago, Foxic said:

Clover changed the default installation from including Ethernet built in / LAN fix to not including it. All you need to do is tick the LAN fix box in clover configurator or apply the fix via DSDT, then delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. I had to do this too.

Thank you for explanation. Wasn't aware of this Clover issue because I had it previously fixed via DSDT.

Edited by Emilo

Add the following within `Device (PEX4)'.

Device (LAN0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00)
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x0B,
0x04
})
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"built-in",
Buffer (0x01)
{
0x01
},
"device_type",
Buffer (0x09)
{
"ethernet"
}

}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

On 7/12/2018 at 6:22 PM, pkdesign said:

Hmm, how did you fix with DSDT edit?

d00d's ready to download DSDT files do not include this fix, but it is described in point 19 option C of his guide.

You can find this fix in attached DSDT for GA-EX58-UD5/F13.

If you decide to use attached DSDT, make sure to uncheck FixLAN option in Clover.

DSDT.aml

Edited by Emilo

Try this.

You'll have to generate your own serial number etc for the config.plist.

DSDT is my full DSDT with HDMI audio enabled for my 480GTX.

DSDT_noVid is my full DSDT without HDMI audio/any trace of video edits. 

Use as you wish.

EX58-UD5.zip

Edited by Foxic

On 6/22/2015 at 9:34 AM, mcbeth303 said:

Im not very experienced in editing DSDT and SSDT, so if an experienced user from here could have a look over my files to check if there is room for improvement id be very happy!

My files for Chameleon Clover, X58A-UD3R rev. 2.0 FH, Xeon W3680, not verified to be edited properly. Use at own risk. 

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10721196/config.plist.html

Can anyone who grabbed this DSDT and config.plist repost them somewhere?  Every download button at those links now leads to archives that give my anti-virus fits.  Virustotal too...

Thanks!

(or alternatively anyone with a functional GA-X58-UD3R rev 2 DSDT/config.plist.  I have a Xeon X5660 @ 4.2GHz and an nVidia 1070, for what that's worth...)

Edited by allthis4x58

• 2 months later...

Here is the basic DSDT for your board. 

I don't have a Clover config.plist for this board but you can start with the default one and configure it at minimum :

- set RTC =True

- Generate P and C states

Look also in this topic:  Good luck !

DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FH.aml

Edited by @ROBASEFR

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, aikidoka25 said:

Hi,

Anyone with this board has updated to OSX Mojave 10.14?

I upgrade mine and could not have the audio activated.

I tried with Toleda scripts but hasn't succeeded.

Mojave Audio with Native AppleHDA.kext for GA-EX58-UD5:

1. Remove previously installed Audio kexts and Audio patches from config.plist

2. Set layout id to 1 in config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout

3. Download AppleALC  and Lilu  kexts from embedded links
4. Place downloaded AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14
5. Reboot

Edited by Emilo
  • Thanks 1

I am also just about to try updating to Mojava for the first time (GA-X58A-UD3R, Xeon X5670)

My only concern is that I saw some posts in the Clover thread about the MacPro 5.1 definition no longer being valid, or requiring a special firmware version or something?

Has anyone with our motherboard had to do anything special for the Mojave update, besides installing latest Clover and updating kexts to latest version?  Any changes needed to Clover configuration?

Thanks

On 10/25/2018 at 3:16 PM, TheBloke said:

I am also just about to try updating to Mojava for the first time (GA-X58A-UD3R, Xeon X5670)

My only concern is that I saw some posts in the Clover thread about the MacPro 5.1 definition no longer being valid, or requiring a special firmware version or something?

Has anyone with our motherboard had to do anything special for the Mojave update, besides installing latest Clover and updating kexts to latest version?  Any changes needed to Clover configuration?

Thanks

First problem you may encounter is Clover version to be used with Mojave.
The one that works properly is 4644 and 4700.

Second problem may be an installation error with MacPro5,1 definition.
In such a case you will need temporarily change System definition to iMac14.2 and change it back to MacPro5.1 after installation is finished.

(If your card relies on nVidia Web Drivers to work, you should wait with upgrade to Mojave until nVidia releases new drivers)

You can find complete info in updated Overclocking Guide.

Edited by Emilo
  • Like 1