• Please log in to reply
1483 replies to this topic

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

I was able to upgrade my unit to 10.7.2 without KP. Could be because of the graphic card I use?

It could be that, or because I'm using GraphicsEnabler=yes.
I might try enabling video by DSDT or EFI string, to see if those options don't cause a KP with ApplePolicyControl.kext.

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

It could be that, or because I'm using GraphicsEnabler=yes.
I might try enabling video by DSDT or EFI string, to see if those options don't cause a KP with ApplePolicyControl.kext.

I just checked and I have the same GraphicsEnabler=yes setting.

Also, not related to the above subject, I would like to add that using the patched DP3 AppleHDA.kext , only 1 jack (the black colour jack) is working in 10.7.2
So, I took Platforms.xml and layout885.xml from Digital_Dreamer script and put them manually into 10.7.2 AppleHDA.kext, now the green jack is working too.
This is important for me, as I dual boot with Windows 7, and in Windows, only the green jack is working.
I am not sure this method is fall into which option from post #1.

Cheers!

dungeon

dungeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Good to see that it solved your sleep issue.
I was initially wary of using a beta BIOS, but if nobody else has a problem on that forum after a few days it's probably stable, and you can easily back out.

The drives have eject buttons because of the SATA hot plug functionality of the MB, and the one that has the active OS wouldn't have an eject button.
This is convenient when you want to be able to mount and unmount external eSATA drives connected through the PCI slot eSATA interface that's included with UD4 through UD7, if that's connected to one or two of the six SATA ICH10 MB ports.
UD7 also has two combination USB and powered eSATA ports at the back panel.
The non OS drives can be ejected in the Finder, and mounted again with Disk Utility or by unplug and plug.
It's correct functionality, but if you didn't want the eject capability, device-id `0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00' can instead be set in the IDE1 section of the DSDT and you wouldn't need to use OrangeIconFix.kext either.
That would incorrectly show ESB2 instead of ICH10 in System Profiler:Hardware:Serial-ATA however.

I don't have an answer for the BT sleep issue, perhaps someone else has a solution.

d00d, are there any downsides to showing ESB2 instead of ICH10 in system Profiler?

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
Hi, ever since updating to 10.7.2 I'm having problems with usb after resuming from sleep.

I've already posted a thread about it but thought I'd ask seeing as I've had no responses.

The thread is here: http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1765701

Basically I get a KP when ever I plug in a usb device after I've resumed from sleep, more info in the other thread.

Thanks

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
After trying a few thing's with no success I just want to check the problem's not with my dsdt.

Would someone be able to take a look for me?

Thanks

Attached Files

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
Notes for iCloud compatibility;

For iCloud to work, IOBuiltin must be set (1), you must have a model correct and unique or as yet unregistered SMserial value (2), also have a model correct SMboardproduct value (3), and Chameleon 2.1 r1650 or higher must be used for both RAID and non RAID to work (4).

1. See post 1, item 19.

2. Use Champlist from `http://tools.inmac.org/' to generate a valid SMserial value, then set it in smbios.plist (fake value shown);
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>A01234BC5DE</string>

Reference;
http://prasys.info/2...-serial-number/

3. Chameleon gives a default SMboardproduct value of F4208DC8 (smbios.c).
This is for MacPro1,1 and therefore it's incorrect for MacPro4,1, so the following must be set in smbios.plist;
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>

Reference;
http://www.tonymacx8...=...386&start=0

4. http://forge.voodoop...rg/p/chameleon/

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

I just checked and I have the same GraphicsEnabler=yes setting.

Also, not related to the above subject, I would like to add that using the patched DP3 AppleHDA.kext , only 1 jack (the black colour jack) is working in 10.7.2
So, I took Platforms.xml and layout885.xml from Digital_Dreamer script and put them manually into 10.7.2 AppleHDA.kext, now the green jack is working too.
This is important for me, as I dual boot with Windows 7, and in Windows, only the green jack is working.
I am not sure this method is fall into which option from post #1.

Cheers!

Thanks aikidoka25, I updated post 1, item 14, Realtek ALC889A's section E.

d00d, are there any downsides to showing ESB2 instead of ICH10 in system Profiler?

There was some discussion of possible data corruption, but that's probably not accurate, so it's most likely just cosmetic.

Hi, ever since updating to 10.7.2 I'm having problems with usb after resuming from sleep.

I've already posted a thread about it but thought I'd ask seeing as I've had no responses.

The thread is here: http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1765701

Basically I get a KP when ever I plug in a usb device after I've resumed from sleep, more info in the other thread.

Thanks

Don't put any kexts in EE or use an mkext in E with Lion, instead put the kexts in SLE and set UseKernelCache=Yes.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
the ESB2 shows gray not orange = non ejectable sata. (i believe them data corruption issues were due to win/mbr/gpt. not esb2)

dungeon

dungeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I have two HDs connected to the GSATA ports (white) on my GA EX58-UD5. The HDs disappear upon wake up from sleep and I got this disk ejected improperly warning. Does anybody have similar experience and is there a fix for that? Thanks.

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Don't put any kexts in EE or use an mkext in E with Lion, instead put the kexts in SLE and set UseKernelCache=Yes.

Thanks dood, I'll give it a try this evening and report back.

EDIT:
Now fixed

Thanks again :)

tuff bob

tuff bob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Have a hackintosh based around a GA-X58A-UD3R rev 1.0 @ bios F8a ... how do I get wake from sleep to work? OSX 10.7.2 - At best I've only gotten DSDT edits to allow keyboard power on where the fans start turning but the display never wakes.

gfx: GTX460

Andrew+

Andrew+

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I have a GA-X58A-UD3R pc can some1 post a complete DSDT.aml file thanks

dougaa

dougaa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 179 posts

I have a GA-X58A-UD3R pc can some1 post a complete DSDT.aml file thanks

Which revision of that board do you have? The revision matters for the BIOS and DSDT. For revision 2, you can check my posts in this thread: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=220199

coucou

coucou

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
merry christmas d00d, since 2009 my hackPro work like a charm.

thank you

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

merry christmas d00d, since 2009 my hackPro work like a charm.

thank you

You're welcome, and thanks to all who've contributed!

Dajjal

Dajjal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I'm trying to get Sound working on my Bro's Ex58-UD5 (13t) on 10.6.8 so i grabbed the patched kext from http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1702560 But My Front Headphones does not work.My DSDT has the necessary edits so can anyone offer some advice plz........

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
My front headphone socket doesn't work either using 13j, dsdt attached with ALC8xxHDA & patched AppleHDA.

Attached Files

Dajjal

Dajjal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
@JamesLittler
Thanks for the Files,i'll give them a try,but according to aschar1 ''remove legacy kext from extra/extensions'' but since you say your headphones does not work either it would have been nice for the supplier to state if he has his F HP working or not.I'm really trying to not use the Roll back solution or mixing stuff and to stick with using vanilla but it's proving to be not that easy........

EDIT: Ok took a quick look at your DSDT and saw that you havent changed the layout ID as suggested for it to work without Legacy stuff, yours still has
0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00

Suggested HDEF change for 10.6.8-10.7+

0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

But even with this edit, HP is a no go for me so i just thought i'd mention it..........

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
Any chance you could upload the 10.7.2 AppleHDA kext so I can try to remove the legacy patch?

Dajjal

Dajjal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Here you go,this is Vanilla 10.7.2 AppleHDA (2.1.3)
http://www.mediafire...7n1tjtqzz4tv1e0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy