GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

Have a look at the chief's DSDT mod here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=188920&hl=

Your channels are probably called CHN0 CHN1. I deleted all under Device (SATA) and replaced it by master chief's code. His version 3.0 contains the "old way" of injecting io-device-location to the ports. Later on he used his new method.

I don't know whether it's important or not but I also changed my first boot device to CD-ROM in BIOS.

I hope it helps.

Have a look at the chief's DSDT mod here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=188920&hl=

Your channels are probably called CHN0 CHN1. I deleted all under Device (SATA) and replaced it by master chief's code. His version 3.0 contains the "old way" of injecting io-device-location to the ports. Later on he used his new method.

I don't know whether it's important or not but I also changed my first boot device to CD-ROM in BIOS.

I hope it helps.

There is no Device (SATA) or Device (PRTx) sections in the DSDT of GA-EX58-UD5. However, comparing the DSDT of GA-EX58-UD5 with the DSDT of P5K Pro, as well as looking at ioreg of GA-EX58-UD5, I think there is something missing in the Device (PCI0) -> Device (IDE1) of our DSDT.

There are only 2 devices under this section, namely Device (PRIM) and Device (SECD) (I believe PRIM corresponds to SATA0 but I don't know what SECD is). However, in ioreg, I can see the devices under similar section (PCI0 -> AppleACPIPCI -> IDE1 -> AppleAHCI) consist of PRIM, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4, SECD, where PRIM is my DVD drive and PRT2~PRT4 correspond to 3 harddisks. Therefore, is there something missing in our DSDT?

My SATA device connection is as follows:

SATA0 - DVD (PRIM)

SATA1 - Empty

SATA2 - MAC OSX (PRT2)

SATA3 - Time Machine Backup (PRT3)

SATA4 - Windows 7 (PRT4)

SATA5 - Empty

Thanks for you reply, eberts. However, I couldn't find PRTx (x = 0~5) in DSDT from GA-EX58-UD5. I simply swapped my devices based on your suggestion, but the disk identifier still appears random. Is there something missing in the DSDT that we should add to correct this problem?

Same issue here...

But the USB identification is randomly too!

Someone recognized that?

http://www.google.com/search?q=disk+identifier+changes+os+x;

diskutil

OS X does not guarantee assigning the same device id to the same disk at each boot. Diskutil replaces the disktool utility found in earlier versions of OS ...

ss64.com/osx/diskutil.html - Cached - Similar

Thanks. I guess I'll have to live with that. Reseting the Parallels partition is not that much work anyway.

Here is another problem. Can anyone spoof their mac address (of the built-in ethernet) by using "sudo ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" or "sudo ifconfig en0 lladdr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"? This feature is working on real macs as well as my Apple USB ethernet adapter. I wonder if this is caused by RealtekR1000SL.kext

Sorry I‘ve entered your i7 920 C-States and P-states into the SCOPE_PR section of my DSDT.

GA X58A UD7 F6 BIOS,1.33V 200X20,speedstep and TM enabled

Now it still often KPs when I Use the SL 10.6.3 and OK in 10.6.2 ,it seems the CPU Overclocked not very well,but it woks very well in windows 7,how can I fix it?

There is no Device (SATA) or Device (PRTx) sections in the DSDT of GA-EX58-UD5. However, comparing the DSDT of GA-EX58-UD5 with the DSDT of P5K Pro, as well as looking at ioreg of GA-EX58-UD5, I think there is something missing in the Device (PCI0) -> Device (IDE1) of our DSDT.

There are only 2 devices under this section, namely Device (PRIM) and Device (SECD) (I believe PRIM corresponds to SATA0 but I don't know what SECD is). However, in ioreg, I can see the devices under similar section (PCI0 -> AppleACPIPCI -> IDE1 -> AppleAHCI) consist of PRIM, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4, SECD, where PRIM is my DVD drive and PRT2~PRT4 correspond to 3 harddisks. Therefore, is there something missing in our DSDT?

My SATA device connection is as follows:

SATA0 - DVD (PRIM)

SATA1 - Empty

SATA2 - MAC OSX (PRT2)

SATA3 - Time Machine Backup (PRT3)

SATA4 - Windows 7 (PRT4)

SATA5 - Empty

An update for my problem with Parallels. After making changes to the SATA connection and 5+ reboot, I can confirm that my disk identifier for Windows 7 HDD no longer changes (it now stays at disk2), while Mac OSX HDD and TM HDD still have random disk identifier number (disk0 or disk1, seems to change every time I reboot). But anyway just by physically changing the SATA device order solved my problem with Parallels.

For you information, this was my SATA device connection before the change:

SATA0 - MAC OSX

SATA1 - TM Backup

SATA2 - Windows 7

SATA3 - Empty

SATA4 - DVD

SATA5 - Empty

Took the plunge and installed the new Mac Pro Audio Update 1.1 released just now by Software Update.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4159

All working ok, sound is fine. It updated AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to version 104.3.1

EDIT:

On closer inspection it has also updated my IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext and has changed my modified MacPro4_1.plist.

I am still getting speedstepping with this new plist but the screeching and whining processor sound at default settings has been eliminated. Hooray for apple!!

Here's the IO registry screenshot showing CPUPlimit as 0x0

post-204913-1272930386_thumb.png

No need for modding Macpro4.1.plist anymore. Apple released today a Macpro Audio Update 1.1 that replaces IoplatformPluginFamily.kext. The Macpro4.1 Plist has now PlimitDict 0 and StepDataDict. It doesnt have new AppleHDA.kext. Its safe for guys with binpatched AppleHDA (ALC888,889)

No need for modding Macpro4.1.plist anymore. Apple released today a Macpro Audio Update 1.1 that replaces IoplatformPluginFamily.kext. The Macpro4.1 Plist has now PlimitDict 0 and StepDataDict. It doesnt have new AppleHDA.kext. Its safe for guys with binpatched AppleHDA (ALC888,889)

nice one!

@everyone: i dont know if this has been said before, if you are not using AsereBLN for kextless restart, the best kext to use is OSXRestart.kext. it also works by patching facp table, and does nothing in regards to shutdown (a good thing if you have already fixed shutdown in dsdt). Its also really fast.

This is "Full port" LEGACY kext for 889a (885)

You will have all ports working and also some assertions. - not fatal one :wacko: -

One time boot error for Digital-Out :

May 4 18:15:15 uncia-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "-1 == streamIOType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 4952 goto Exit

May 4 18:15:15 uncia-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 4658 goto Exit

May 4 18:15:15 uncia-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fHDAStream->activateStream ( fStreamDataMode )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7566 goto Exit

and

error for Digital-In when you select it:

May 4 18:16:00 uncia-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "mFirstConvert && ( numSampleFrames > currentSampleFrame)" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 1785 goto Exit

(means that you will have only 44Khz sampling.)

I can't test if Digital works . It must work i think.

If someone can test Digital ports then do it and write report :)

P.S. Kext uses layout-id = 66

wich is default for MacPro4.1

So make changes in your dsdt.

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x06
                   })
               }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x04)
                       {
                           "layout-id", 
                           Unicode ("B"), 
                           "PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (Zero) {}
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

This is "Full port" LEGACY kext for 889a (885)

You will have all ports working and also some assertions. - not fatal one :thumbsup_anim: -

One time boot error for Digital-Out :

May 4 18:15:15 uncia-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "-1 == streamIOType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 4952 goto Exit

May 4 18:15:15 uncia-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 4658 goto Exit

May 4 18:15:15 uncia-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fHDAStream->activateStream ( fStreamDataMode )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7566 goto Exit

and

error for Digital-In when you select it:

May 4 18:16:00 uncia-i7 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "mFirstConvert && ( numSampleFrames > currentSampleFrame)" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 1785 goto Exit

(means that you will have only 44Khz sampling.)

I can't test if Digital works . It must work i think.

If someone can test Digital ports then do it and write report :thumbsup_anim:

P.S. Kext uses layout-id = 66

wich is default for MacPro4.1

So make changes in your dsdt.

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x06
                   })
               }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x04)
                       {
                           "layout-id", 
                           Unicode ("B"), 
                           "PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (Zero) {}
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

Already tried it :rolleyes:, I can't test digital out, but I do get an extra output compared to your previous legacyHDA.kext (post 511) so I think it should work ;).

aschar1,

what does it mean to us?

Do we have to change our DSDT.aml? I am using dOOds DSDT with modified CPU section.

Do we still need the "DropSSDT: Yes" option in com.apple.boot.plist?

I am asking this because after updating to the Macpro Audio Update 1.1 MSR-Tools doesn't show clocking down to 60%

anymore!

This is working great for me. My idle temps dropped about 6 degrees Celsius. As a possibly related sidenote, after installing Mac Pro Audio Update 1.1, I was no longer able to select my PreSonus FireStudio in WaveBurner Pro as an audio output. The fix was to change my DSDT's audio section from the 14D method to the 14A method and remove the LegacyHDA.kext. Now the FireStudio works again. I just thought I mention it in case anyone else was having problems with multi-channel firewire audio.

Has anyone managed to get network link aggregation to work with R1000SL kext on one of these boards?

I wanted to use both of the ethernet ports on my board to double the bandwidth to my server. However, once I create the aggregated link ( System Preferences -> Network -> Manage Virtual Interfaces -> then add two ethernet ports to a new bonded port) there is no network connection any more. The new virtual port (bond0) shows that neither of the physical ports attached to it are active.

I need to remove the aggregated port and reboot in order for the network to work again.

(On a sidenote, aggregated links work fine on my old Intel D975xbx2 board running 10.6.3, but this one has a natively supported SysKonnect Marvel Yukon 88e8061 dualport pci-e network card).

aschar1,

what does it mean to us?

Do we have to change our DSDT.aml? I am using dOOds DSDT with modified CPU section.

Do we still need the "DropSSDT: Yes" option in com.apple.boot.plist?

I am asking this because after updating to the Macpro Audio Update 1.1 MSR-Tools doesn't show clocking down to 60%

anymore!

I too would like to know if there are any extra steps required, I can not for the life of me get speed stepping to work for me now.

I have the Dropssdt and now the ioplatform doesn't need to be edited, and I have my dvid setup, if I'm not mistaken that should be it right?

I too would like to know if there are any extra steps required, I can not for the life of me get speed stepping to work for me now.

I have the Dropssdt and now the ioplatform doesn't need to be edited, and I have my dvid setup, if I'm not mistaken that should be it right?

You can check if speedstepping is working with mark-i app (works in32bit and 64bit mode). Do not install the ringaccess.kext permanently in /S/L/E. Just kextload it in terminal.

download the attached zip file and unzip in a folder on your desktop.

in Terminal

a. type cd then drag the folder with mark-i and ringacces.kext into the terminal

b. in Terminal: sudo chown -R root:wheel ringaccess.kext

c. sudo chmod -R 755 ringaccess.kext

d. sudo kextload ringaccess.kext

e. start the mark-i app

You will see that your cpu will clock from 12x in idle to 21x under load

This works with the new macpro4.1 plist from the macro audio update 1.1 if you have applelpc.kext loaded (device id injection in dsdt in device PX40) and you are running native apple Powermanagement and set your model to macpro4,1 in smbios.plist.

You don't need DropSSDT=y in apple.com.boot.plist, but it doesn't hurt. It means simply that chameleon is not loading ssdt table from Bios. We have patched our SSDT (c-States and p-States in the CPU section of Scope_PR in our dsdt.aml if following d00ds guide.

Without patching the SSDT into your dsdt.aml you will get around 6 C higher CPU temperatures at idle state. Its highly recommended that you apply this dsdt patch.

mark_i.zip

You can check if speedstepping is working with mark-i app (works in32bit and 64bit mode). Do not install the ringaccess.kext permanently in /S/L/E. Just kextload it in terminal.

in Terminal

a. type cd then drag the folder with mark-i and ringacces.kext into the terminal

e. start the mark-i app

This works with the new macpro4.1 plist from the macro audio update 1.1 if you have applelpc.kext loaded (device id injection in dsdt in device PX40) and you are running native apple Powermanagement and set your model to macpro4,1 in smbios.plist.

You don't need DropSSDT=y in apple.com.boot.plist, but it doesn't hurt. It means simply that chameleon is not loading ssdt table from Bios. We have patched our SSDT (c-States and p-States in the CPU section of Scope_PR in our dsdt.aml if following d00ds guide.

Without patching the SSDT into your dsdt.aml you will get around 6 C higher CPU temperatures at idle state. Its highly recommended that you apply this dsdt patch.

Thank you for the reply and all the detailed info aschar1. It would appear that I am getting the multiplier reduced so thats good news. When I was checking with MSR Tools I didn't see it drop, stayed almost consistently 100%. I'm using a DSDT from CruiSAr who took the shears to the original DSDT and got it into shape. DSDT.aml.zip

The SSDT is modified or at least from what I can tell by comparing d00ds and CruiSAr's. I'm only running my multiplier at 17 (going for 3.4 Ghz) so I guess it shouldn't be too big of a temp drop. During the day my idle temps are under 50 all day usually low 40's (I live in AZ and my room temp probably hits around the 30's during the middle of the day) I was just hopin to get my temps to sub 40's during the day, but it looks like the limit to my cooling is about met.

Thank you again aschar1 you've been a great help.

First off, thanks d00d for compiling this DSDT! I'm new to the hackintosh world and was disappointed at first with my 70 degree idle CPU temps but it's all good now with the DSDT.aml from DSDT_GA_EX58_UD5_F9m_S3_920_W3520_v2.zip

Using GA-EX58-UD5 on OSX 10.6.0

I only have two issues now. One is that my Windows drive unmounts when returning from sleep. Not a big deal, but I get an error message saying data could have been lost. The more pressing issue for me is that my sound no longer works. It was working fine out of the box with Kakewalk 2.2. After using the new DSDT.aml it still recognizes my on-board audio but I have no sound. I thought maybe there was a conflict with the kexts from Kakewalk (AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext) so I removed them from /E/E and rebooted with LegacyHDA.kext, but then it doesn't even recognize the audio hardware.

I tried each of the three ALC888 kexts from the following link:

For the Realtek ALC888 GA-EX58 models (post 12);

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...40941&st=11

None of these had any effect but I still had the Kakewalk kexts in /E/E so I'm not sure if there was a conflict there. Any ideas?

First off, thanks d00d for compiling this DSDT! I'm new to the hackintosh world and was disappointed at first with my 70 degree idle CPU temps but it's all good now with the DSDT.aml from DSDT_GA_EX58_UD5_F9m_S3_920_W3520_v2.zip

Using GA-EX58-UD5 on OSX 10.6.0

I only have two issues now. One is that my Windows drive unmounts when returning from sleep. Not a big deal, but I get an error message saying data could have been lost. The more pressing issue for me is that my sound no longer works. It was working fine out of the box with Kakewalk 2.2. After using the new DSDT.aml it still recognizes my on-board audio but I have no sound. I thought maybe there was a conflict with the kexts from Kakewalk (AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext) so I removed them from /E/E and rebooted with LegacyHDA.kext, but then it doesn't even recognize the audio hardware.

I tried each of the three ALC888 kexts from the following link:

None of these had any effect but I still had the Kakewalk kexts in /E/E so I'm not sure if there was a conflict there. Any ideas?

Why are you using ALC888 kexts if you have a GA-EX58-UD5 that has the ALC889A?

There are four options for the ALC889A, see post 1, 14A through D.

in Terminal

e. start the mark-i app

Thanks aschar1, I'll update post 1.

in Terminal

e. start the mark-i app

Do you also have an app that can test Turbo Boost?

Thanks...

Hi All,

Thanks for this invaluable resource that is this forum (and, quite honestly, this thread).

I'm posting because i'm stumped - i've tried playing around with DSDT and followed the instructions to the letter. Two things i don't have working - audio and sleep (well, it sleeps - it just doesn't wake up :) ).

But audio is killing me - I followed your istructions to use this:

For the Realtek ALC889 GA-X58A models (post 677);

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0941&st=67

My System profiler shows the right thing - it shows this:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:	0x1458A102
 Audio ID:	889
 Available Devices:
 Internal Microphone:
 Connection:	Internal
 External Microphone:
 Connection:	1/8-Inch Jack
 Line In:
 Headphone:
 Speaker:
 Line Out:
 Line Out:
 Line Out:
 S/P-DIF Out:
 Connection:	Combo
 S/P-DIF In:
 Connection:	Combo

And this is what /var/log/kernel shows me when i boot:

May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: npvhash=4095
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: PAE enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: 64 bit mode enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Fri Feb 26 11:58:09 PST 2010; root:xnu-1504.3.12~1/RELEASE_I386
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: vm_page_bootstrap: 1485018 free pages and 87846 wired pages
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: mig_table_max_displ = 73
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Warning - kext com.psystar.driver.OpenHaltRestart has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel* and com.apple.kpi.* components; use only one style.
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: NullCPUPowerManagement::init: properties=0xa303e80
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: NullCPUPowerManagement::start
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=2 Enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=2 LocalApicId=4 Enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=3 LocalApicId=6 Enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=4 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=5 LocalApicId=3 Enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=6 LocalApicId=5 Enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=7 LocalApicId=7 Enabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=8 LocalApicId=8 Disabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=9 LocalApicId=9 Disabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=10 LocalApicId=10 Disabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=11 LocalApicId=11 Disabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=12 LocalApicId=12 Disabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=13 LocalApicId=13 Disabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=14 LocalApicId=14 Disabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=15 LocalApicId=15 Disabled
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Quarantine
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Quarantine policy (Quarantine)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Sandbox
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Seatbelt sandbox policy (Sandbox)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: MAC Framework successfully initialized
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: OpenHaltRestart: 2009 © COPYRIGHT PSYSTAR CORPORATION (www.psystar.com)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: netkas presents fakesmc, a kext which emulates smc device
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: mbinit: done (64 MB memory set for mbuf pool)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0JxMicerfo0n0AT, AC:T RJ M0Bx3e6e30 0(,C MIDR Q0 x1e9d,0 0B,M  C0TxR e0bx00e)c
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: 00, IRQ 19, BM 0xeb08)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: From path: "uuid", 
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID 69CEE7C7-F09C-3E96-BFF2-E9D3BEC4F22Ccom.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>identified as RTL8168D/8111D
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: identified as RTL8168D/8111D
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE1@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRIM@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR5 Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 2
May 11 00:41:57 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8024 PCI now active, GUID 005b35bc006cf049; max speed s400.
May 11 00:42:01 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for DSMOS...
May 11 00:42:01 localhost kernel[0]: com_chucko_RealtekR1000: Ethernet address 6c:f0:49:57:c9:6c
May 11 00:42:01 localhost kernel[0]: com_chucko_RealtekR1000: Ethernet address 6c:f0:49:57:c9:5c
May 11 00:42:01 localhost kernel[0]: systemShutdown false
May 11 00:42:02 aas-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 0
May 11 00:42:03 aas-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
May 11 00:42:03 aas-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: ATY_Init: NVIDIA card device-id - 193
May 11 00:42:03 aas-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: ATY_Init: nvidia card vram size = 671088640 b
May 11 00:42:03 aas-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
May 11 00:42:07 aas-mac-pro kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key info not found MSDS, length - 6
May 11 00:42:08 aas-mac-pro kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
May 11 00:42:08 aas-mac-pro kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1
May 11 00:42:08 aas-mac-pro kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::gatherCStateOverrides - failed to set c-state demotion data: -1
May 11 00:42:08 aas-mac-pro kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c418086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA

Still - Midi and the Preferences/Sound panel say "No Audio Device Found".

I'm about to rip out my hair - please tell me you've heard of this?

Here's my current DSDT. And here's a Vanilla DSDT from the GA-X58a-UD5 board.

Vanilla_DSDT.zip

x58a_ud5_firmware_f5_DSDT.zip

Hi All,

Thanks for this invaluable resource that is this forum (and, quite honestly, this thread).

I'm posting because i'm stumped - i've tried playing around with DSDT and followed the instructions to the letter. Two things i don't have working - audio and sleep (well, it sleeps - it just doesn't wake up :) ).

But audio is killing me - I followed your istructions to use this:

My System profiler shows the right thing - it shows this:

And this is what /var/log/kernel shows me when i boot:

Still - Midi and the Preferences/Sound panel say "No Audio Device Found".

I'm about to rip out my hair - please tell me you've heard of this?

Here's my current DSDT. And here's a Vanilla DSDT from the GA-X58a-UD5 board.

Native power management edits to your DSDT are being overridden by NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, so perhaps that's why sleep isn't working.

Regarding audio, aschar1 showed how to bin patch the native kext for 10.6.3 on page 31.