• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
At last i reinstalled snow on my dell then software update to 10.6.3 and bang is working My older install was a copy from dell 640m so I think some kext didnt make it work .

thanks everyone for help
@elvis can I have your 10.6.4 kexts????

eboz

eboz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I cant get the ati1000 kext working. I have tried a few and it still does not work. My laptop specs are Dell Insiron 6400 running chamelon rc4. I have everything working but my ati x1400. Installed it 7145 in place and still nothing.

What should I try to troubleshoot?

Thanks

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I cant get the ati1000 kext working. I have tried a few and it still does not work. My laptop specs are Dell Insiron 6400 running chamelon rc4. I have everything working but my ati x1400. Installed it 7145 in place and still nothing.

What should I try to troubleshoot?

Thanks

Hi what version of snow are u using ????

eboz

eboz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi what version of snow are u using ????

10.6.3 retail updated to 10.6.4

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

10.6.3 retail updated to 10.6.4

ok try these kext which work for me on 10.6.4

Attached File  atikexts.zip   840.57KB   379 downloads

eboz

eboz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

ok try these kext which work for me on 10.6.4

Attached File  atikexts.zip   840.57KB   379 downloads

put my edid in and installed all three

its reading the x1400 but no qe

do i have to enable somehow?

This is what my graphics/display says

Mobility Radeon X1400:

Chipset Model: Mobility Radeon X1400
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x7145
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

brandonb21

brandonb21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Mobility Radeon X1400:

Displays:
Display:

same problem here

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Try without changing edid leave has it is and let me know what is it like,

He took me ages to get it working so try with radeon hd untouched with my edid in dont modify the kext......

open terminal and type kextstat and press enter in the list you should have all 3 kexts I attached if not 3 are there you wont get it to work tell me which one is not loading at startup......

eboz

eboz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Try without changing edid leave has it is and let me know what is it like,

He took me ages to get it working so try with radeon hd untouched with my edid in dont modify the kext......

open terminal and type kextstat and press enter in the list you should have all 3 kexts I attached if not 3 are there you wont get it to work tell me which one is not loading at startup......

Attached is my kextstat. The radeonhd loaded is the one you gave me. I just cant figure this one out. No kp at all just no qe/ci.

Thanks for all the help

Attached Files

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
hi what I have seen differnet in your kext is IONDRVSupport.kext and IOGraphicsFamily.kext you have version 2.1 and on mine i have version 2 maybe those could be responsable for not having qe ce????

try to install previous one
Attached File  kexts.zip   252.55KB   76 downloads

let me know

here is my kextstat b4 I did graphics update for which i had to reinstall ati support kext which I gave you
Attached File  kextb4graphics.rtf   11.14KB   45 downloads

Whogie

Whogie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Finally got it running at 1680x1050! Took me a while to realize, but my driver pack, #####, added a Graphic Enabler = Yes flag to my com.apple.Boot.plist which was nullifying any changes I had been making.

I ended up using elvisv's method, so thanks to everyone who helped lead up to that. I cannot tell, however, if QE/CI works, since it's simply not listed, neither yes or no.

Edit: Either the security or graphics update added graphics corruption.

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Finally got it running at 1680x1050! Took me a while to realize, but my driver pack, #####, added a Graphic Enabler = Yes flag to my com.apple.Boot.plist which was nullifying any changes I had been making.

I ended up using elvisv's method, so thanks to everyone who helped lead up to that. I cannot tell, however, if QE/CI works, since it's simply not listed, neither yes or no.

Edit: Either the security or graphics update added graphics corruption.

to see if you have it try chess application and also widget application

eboz

eboz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

hi what I have seen differnet in your kext is IONDRVSupport.kext and IOGraphicsFamily.kext you have version 2.1 and on mine i have version 2 maybe those could be responsable for not having qe ce????

try to install previous one
Attached File  kexts.zip   252.55KB   76 downloads

let me know

here is my kextstat b4 I did graphics update for which i had to reinstall ati support kext which I gave you
Attached File  kextb4graphics.rtf   11.14KB   45 downloads

No luck. do i have to have graphics enbled? is there anything i need in boot to work?
still black front row and no waves in dashboard

Whogie

Whogie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ah, thanks. Then I have QE/CI working.

I ****ed something up and reinstalled, and now it's fully updated without a corrupted cursor. Graphics are perfect.

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

No luck. do i have to have graphics enbled? is there anything i need in boot to work?
still black front row and no waves in dashboard

maybe chamelon rc4 does not work well as it has graphics enabler I am using rc 1 and working fine maybe that is the problem.....

pavle

pavle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Mobility Radeon X1400:

Displays:
Display:

whether there is an update for this? tried everything and have no luck :-(

sens331

sens331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone,

I stumbled across the following forum post yesterday (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=192792) and, while it was for the x1350, I attempted the same steps applied to the x1400...and it worked!

So this is what I did. I've tested this with 10.5.7 iAtkos and iDeneb versions. My laptop is an Acer 5672.

1. Download the ATI_Kexts.zip file from here or the aforementioned forum post and extract it.
2. Using any text editor, edit the info.plist file from ATIRadeonX1000.kext and change the following string: from 0x71961002 to 0x71451002 (because the dev id for the Mobility x1400 is 7145. It's 7196 for the x1350.
3. Download a freeware program called softMCCS. This is used to extract your EDID information for placement inside the RadeonHD.kext info.plist.
4. Once downloaded, launch softMCCS and go to file->save EDID as->choose file type "viewsonic EDID file"->save your edid.dat.
5. Open this edid.dat file with any text editor, and remove all the white space from the beginning of the file, and remove the headers and columns (so essentially, you're left with rows and columns of xx data). Now format all of these xx data bits into groups of 8 followed by a space, so you basically have 32 chunks of xxxxxxxx data (xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx etc...). See the attached files for my modified versions. Heck, these files might even work for you.
6. Now that we've got our modified .dat file, copy and paste all of the 32 chunks, and paste them into the RadeonHD.kext info.plist file, under the section <key>EDID</key><data>
7. Install either flavour of OSX (might work with other versions but I haven't tested this yet). Using the free program KextHelper, first install your modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext, repair disk permissions using Disk Utility, and reboot.
8. Again using KextHelper, then install your modified RadeonHD.kext, repair disk permissions, and reboot. If you get a kernel panic, reboot using -v -f commands.
9. If all boots well, you should now be able to change your screen resolution to 1280 x 800 with QE/CI.

The only problem I have now is mouse tearing. But I'm sure that's an easy fix. I just haven't looked into it.

Let me know how it goes for you!

UPDATE: I've created a PDF guide with images for the above steps. Let me know what you think!

LENOVEO T60 10.6.4

it doesn't work on my lenovo T60 x1400 . QE/CI does't work.I have tried all the kexit above but still does't work

Attached Files

sens331

sens331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

SL-Server Kextfiles!!! Now i have a fully working X1400mobility on an Snowleopard Retail 10.6.2

I have the same Problem with snowleopard - no QE / CI.
I have full resolution, can change resolution, but cannot make screenshots.

Now i have a fully working X1400mobility on an Snowleopard Retail 10.6.2
QE / CI working and OpenGL working. FrontRow works. Screensaver works. Screenshots works.

Here my KextPackage.
Spo´s Lenovo R60 kext Package

Important kextfiles:RadeonHD.kext, ATIX1400Radeon.kext, ATISupport.kext

hi, Michael I used you kext for my T60 X1400 but QE/CI still does't work would you please hlep me ?
Attached File  Screen_shot_2010_10_24_at_1.52.25_PM.jpg   121.7KB   31 downloadsAttached File  Screen_shot_2010_10_24_at_3.31.11_PM.jpg   57.1KB   46 downloads

BryanP

BryanP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
has anyone had success getting the x1400 to work with a second display using an extended desktop? i haven't tried installing os x on my dell e1505 yet, but i probably won't bother if the extended display won't work

BryanP

BryanP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Here my Kextpackage for 10.6.3.

Posted Image

Thanks very much for this. I was able to use your ATIRadeonX1000.kext as it was and the RadeonHD.kext modified with my EDID and it worked like a charm. I may or may not also have a ATISupport kext installed - not sure whether it was necessary or not. Either way, I have 1680x1050 with QE/CI.

However, I am trying to get the system running with an external display for an extended desktop. Currently, if I startup the OS with an external monitor plugged into the VGA out, I get a blurred image on my laptop screen and a normal looking screen on the external monitor (see attached picture - you can see that the laptop display replicates the external, but stretched and wildly distorted). If I startup without the monitor attached and plug it in after the system boots, I am unable to detect the attached display.

Anyone have ideas?

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy