Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Driver [RAC]

152 posts in this topic

Yes we are alive. Vastin Powers (aka Vas) just came and resuced us from the Dr Evil's Jaws of death.

I guess Scottys all pissed at Dr Evil for not letting him shoot us.

I love Austin Powers. Goldmember was the best.

BTW we are now at 220$ due to Vas generous 100$. Thanx Vas.

GoofyHouse is also lookin to donate soon. Come on md_netcentral, your 150$ is required now.

Awsome! This is great.

But I've been PM with Unstable, and I think it would be better to have a public coding bounty somewhere. This would give us more visibility than this post, and it also allows people to commit an amount but not pay it until the coding has been completed. Something like:

http://bountycounty.org

or like the pre bootcamp xp on mac obunty. What do you people think?

I think it doesn't matter HOW we organize, it does matter that we DO organize and FIND a coder.

As you have seen, there's been only one coder so far who accepted our bid.

Plus I agree with guiyoforward, that some work can be done already (of course, if the coder agrees).

$220 is approx. one third of the total sum. Pretty enough to make just resolutions. And another reason - not to lose the coder out of sight.

ok but computers with 8x5 chipsets are easy to come by, that shouldn't be a problem hopefully.

By PM, I discussed with Unstable the idea of just installing 10.4.1, then upgrading to 10.4.3, but he said that he had tried and that 10.4.3 was... unstable!

I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier, rather than getting someone to fix the codecs, just getting some whiz to hack into the 10.4.4 (or later) combo update, so that it upgrades everything we want except for the video drivers. build from what we know works... does this sound good? this is the link on apple's page:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...e1044combo.html

Yup he has already dled 10.4.1 and 10.4.3. He is running on AMD boxes. The wireless driver RAC thread can also be started, but considering that a new wireless costs 40$, its not worth it.

Here Is a mail I have recived.

Dear Mr xxxxx,

I just wanted to let you know that the bidding deadline you set for your bid request 'Intel 845/855/865 Driver for OSX86' expired over a week ago and you haven't chosen a winning bidder. According to site rules, the project is being closed.

However, if you are still deciding and simply need more time (or if you later just change your mind and want it reopened) you can reopen it at any time. To do this just go to your bid request control panel at: xxxxxx

and click on 'Reactivate Bid Request'. (Don't forget to log in first).

Sincerely,

Judi Edgington

Rent a Coder Facilitator

Contact a facilitator / Ask questions: http://www.RentACoder.com/RentACoder/misc/Feedback.asp

Phone: (813) 908-9029

Fax: (813) 960-1495

I am cancelling this request and will return the money ASAP. If you have a good reason why this should be kept alive tell me.

I think, I am getting paid 50$ soon and another 40$ will be due soon. I suggest all of you ppl who are interested save up and tell me. I ll save up some money and start another thread a bit later when I have around 200$. Till then localhost, you save up too. Maybe soon we will get a driver for ourselves.

hey there, I'm in no hurry to get the 20 bucks back, I'd much rather have a driver or a resolution at least! why don't we try the obunty thing were people can commit money but not pay it in until it's done? may be people just don't trust us -sad, but may be true! :poster_oops:

I say we wait...

I think, I am getting paid 50$ soon and another 40$ will be due soon. I suggest all of you ppl who are interested save up and tell me. I ll save up some money and start another thread a bit later when I have around 200$. Till then localhost, you save up too. Maybe soon we will get a driver for ourselves.

Oh no, that's too much money :-) I am not ready to pay so much for a driver. This is a big issue for my laptop, but surely not the only one. If I wanted OSX that much, I'd sell my laptop and buy a MacBook :-)

Ok, this is great news, but Karthik is back. He was in Delhi all this time. He says he is still working on the driver. Lets hope for the best.