Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Driver [RAC]

152 posts in this topic

[offtopic]My sound doesnt stutter at all. Try replacing your kernel. It does stutter a bit. But only when it starts playing. Havent got around to installing the JaS release on my system. Anyway I shouldnt bend my own rules. BTW I use SSE2. Please post on another thread or start a new one. I will try to help you out[/offtopic]

Thanks for the 150. Now we have a total of 550$

whatever happened to that agpgart idea? i reckon someone should hack the startup of os x to load the video memory.... then our current video drivers would work.

i'm sure it would be far easier than reverse engineering the current driver and rewriting it :S

plus i don't really see how that would fix the problem... the video ram still isn't being loaded.

Frankly now we got 600$ so idont care. Its his(coders) problem. Plus if he has to give is weekly updates on progress and we will be getting betas soon. Karthik told me that OSX infact did allocate memory. It allocated 128 MB opn our cards. But there was some problem. Ok so now I need all of you to transfer the money by Paypal to me. Hmmm............Now to convince my dad to gimme as much money as possible.

I would like to thank all of you for donating and I hope within a month I can see LOST S2 DVd on my Lappy. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Another status update continuing after previous update

Unstable Connection, just one question of security. It is not painful to lose $10-20, but I already foresee similar questions from people who pledged $100 and more. What are our guarantees?

Could the developer release a dummy driver (with some partial functionality) and provide it for us, so that we are sure that all these intentions are serious?

Unless we tell www.rentacoder.com, that the work is complete to our satisfaction, rentacoder will not pay the coder.

Which is why I need the money ASAP, so I can escrow it to rentacoder.com. They will hold our money until they get confirmation.

Please read for more info

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/Softw...feProjectEscrow

Hi all... I was wondering if it's possible to port 855 "video hacks" in X86... I've tried to "port" (better say patch for MacOs) the "855-resolution-0.3-bsd".

(Simply with some #define of __APPLE__ it has compiled but I dunno how to replace a call to "i386_iopl" that is not referenced in Xcode 2.3 libs for what I have understood.)

Obviously this is not a replacement for QE & c. but would trick the system to 1280x800 at least)

Bye all

Nick

Now as we have reached our required amount. (If everyone donated truthfully), I need all of you to transfer your amount via PayPal to my Paypal account. If u donot trust me, contact me via PM's.

I will give u my rentacoder accounts temporary password, so you can deposit the cash urself.

Nothing yet, I need the money first. Only then will work start. Actually I just realized, donot send money to my Paypal. Instead deposit it direrctly in the RAC thing. TO do this, PM me. I ll give you my user and pass. Deposit the money using Credit Card. I pay the coder, frelih1977. Finally work on the driver begins. We will get weekly driver updates. So we can always request changes.

If it doesnot work out, I refund your money.

I need to get this done ASAP. Dont worry I wont run away with your money.

Nothing yet, I need the money first. Only then will work start. Actually I just realized, donot send money to my Paypal. Instead deposit it direrctly in the RAC thing. TO do this, PM me. I ll give you my user and pass. Deposit the money using Credit Card. I pay the coder, frelih1977. Finally work on the driver begins. We will get weekly driver updates. So we can always request changes.

If it doesnot work out, I refund your money.

I need to get this done ASAP. Dont worry I wont run away with your money.

How much money did you gather so far? (out of $600)

Its a round figure really. I have collected 600$ theoretically, but practically 0$. Except my own 10$ of course

i would put in my $15 but i don't know if this driver would work for my card... i mean how can 1 single driver work for all of our video cards? i have the 845GL chipset and not the 855 like most people (with laptops) seem to have. i want to know that it will definately work before i give my money. i know it doesn't sound like much money but i'm currently building a new pc and every dollar counts when you're as poor as me ;)

Look man, Dragon, I aint making the driver. But if the 10.4.1 driver works for you, this surely will. If not, I have asked him for a driver for 845/855/865

Also Mike Burlingame has put in 50$.

localhost also has given a grand total of 15$

The bidding on this going to finish within a couple of hours. Sadly, I donot think anybody except Mike Burlingame, localhost and me are interested. I am accepting the $600 Bid on this.

If I donot get the amount within a week, I will be forced to cancel the request.

Anyway, as of know the amount stands at 100$, I put in 35$.

I think we just need more time. People just don't visit this forum that often. If you take a look at my initial 855 post, you'll see that most of users who pledged have <10 posts.

As I said, try PMing everybody who agreed to put their money in (if you haven't done so yet).

localhost, I took your advice and PM'ed the two people remaining. We got another 20$. WEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Our Cotribution stands at

$50 from Mike

$15 from locahost

$20 from guiyoforward

$35 from ME :sorcerer: :glare:

Total as of now is at 120$

Resoulution is easy. If the driver reads the Video Bios, it will find the resolution req and support it. QE should be easy, but CI is another story