Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

• Please log in to reply
1278 replies to this topic

glbaudio

glbaudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:pro audio
i have 2 systems with this mobo, one with a 920 and one with a 960. In the bigger i have a Pro Tools HD3 system installed (3 PCIe cards), i have some problems because the 3 cards need to be connected with a short flat cable, very short, and the order of the PCIe connectors on the mobo is not consequently (due Asus give priority to the fastest ports)...
Is there any possibility to let the system see the PCIe in the consequently order?
tnx in advance

eur0kidu

eur0kidu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
The links to the kexts: P6T-SE.kext, FakeSMC.kext and the latest DSDT 3.4 for 9XX are dead. Can someone please update the main guide and add all of the necessary KEXTs and PLISTs all into one zip and upload it.

Appreciate it & Thank you!

cnote

cnote

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,

I'm currently in the early stages of building my second OSX pc. The first one was built a little over two years ago. I'm planning on moving the existing two sata2 HDs to my new build. One of the drives has 10.6.4 installed from my original MB with chameleon installed in a separate partition, as can be seen in my signature below.

Now I have the parts on hand for a P6T SE build with a 960 cpu. I noticed on the dsdt site 960 wasn't listed. Is there a work around?

The rebuild is taking place in a G5 case.

zrb0529

zrb0529

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
what do you do if you only have the Snow Leopard USB Drive that came with a MacBook Air?

midmimanmacuser

midmimanmacuser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The links are dead.

Can someone re-post them.

Thanks

eur0kidu

eur0kidu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I will donate $10-20 if someone could PLEASE update the main thread with really detailed step by step how to do it, and even a noob should be able to do it.

I got to this point (YAY!) successfully and from here I don't know what to do:

After OS X is finished installing it will prompt you to reboot your computer. In order to get into your newly installed OS X, you will need to make sure that you boot from your flash drive again. The retail installation does not have the necessary kexts or proper boot loader to allow you to boot straight into OS X. Using the F8 trick, boot to your flash drive but this time select your Snow Leopard installation. I recommend using the -v flag again in case there is an error or kernel panic. Knowing this information will help us troubleshoot if something goes wrong. The initial boot may take a bit longer than you'll normally see. Within a few minutes (it shouldn't take more than 5) you'll be welcomed with the introductory video. YAY!

YAY but now what?

Please help!

cnote

cnote

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I will donate $10-20 if someone could PLEASE update the main thread with really detailed step by step how to do it, and even a noob should be able to do it.

I got to this point (YAY!) successfully and from here I don't know what to do:

After OS X is finished installing it will prompt you to reboot your computer. In order to get into your newly installed OS X, you will need to make sure that you boot from your flash drive again. The retail installation does not have the necessary kexts or proper boot loader to allow you to boot straight into OS X. Using the F8 trick, boot to your flash drive but this time select your Snow Leopard installation. I recommend using the -v flag again in case there is an error or kernel panic. Knowing this information will help us troubleshoot if something goes wrong. The initial boot may take a bit longer than you'll normally see. Within a few minutes (it shouldn't take more than 5) you'll be welcomed with the introductory video. YAY!

YAY but now what?

Please help!

Check out #########. This should get you where you want to go....

APCTK

APCTK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 18 posts
Hello,
some months ago we follow this post to build a P6T SE + i7 950 with Snow 10.6.8 (using Chameleon RC2 853).

We use it for post-degree master and it was great :star_sunglasses: ! Thanks again !!!

But last week we lost some file and now we got a lot of Kernel Panic :-(

Unfortunately original links in your thread are broken and we don't know where to find:

- DSDT

for E/E:

- FakeSMC.kext
- P6T-SE.kext

and S/L/E:
AppleHDA.kext

Could anyone please help us in some way? :help:
We cannot also recover our degree works...

Thanks a lot in advance,
APCTK

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i will repost the missing files from my p6t-se, i7 920 as soon as i'm back in germany

von booten

von booten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Don't suppose someone could put that link?

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Mountain lion works too just use one of the USB thumb drive methods and your good to go.

If you have the Sapphire HD 5750 1Gb GDDR5 it will work if you edit the plists for the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and the ATIController.kext.

Enter the ID for this card 0x68be1002 in both plists. The GPU on this videocard is Juniper. Edit under where it say Juniper in the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

To get the displayport to work in order to get three displays you need an active dipslayport to dvi adapter.

In Extra you need DSDT.aml and org.chameleon.Boot.plist SMBios.plist for Mac Pro mid 2010.

In Extra/Extensions only fakesmc.kext.

For network use the RealtekKRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg

To speed up the boot time use AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext from Lion

I attached the files

Attached Files

von booten

von booten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Still trying to do the update from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 but missing some files mentioned by Fabio as the link is down. Does anyone have another link?

9) Use >>

THIS

<< set of .plist

rename it into Info.plist and replace:

- Yukon2

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- AppleAHCIPort

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- IOAHCIBlockStorage

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- JMicronATA

/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Im not sure but at least for ML you can skip the USB thumbdrive if you want and make two partitions on your hard drive instead. Just make one of them the same size your thumbdrive would be and use it the same way you would with your thumb drive. Make sure you create a folder on the "USB thumb drive partition" for your kexts and apps you need/want for your specific hardware so you reduce the times you have to reboot.

The kexts thats not in the Extra folder in my attachment goes in to the s/l/e folder

Cham version I use is 2030 and Im on 10.8.2

Attached Files

von booten

von booten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Not sure if this was meant for me but if so, thanks. Don't know, though, if it will work for SL?

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
No sorry Theese kexts are for ML, I´ll check if I still have the SL kexts but I doubt it.

ML runs really good on this mobo though.

taylorsyn

taylorsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I have the i7 930 DSDT if anyone needs it PM me.

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Does somebody still have Fabios last updated files for 10.6.8?

Thanks

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

It showed I had them myself lol anybody need them give me a call.

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Just wanted to share this. The Intel Xeon X5650 6 Cores 2.66GHz / 12M Socket 1366 works on this motherboard. I bought it cheap on ebay from china and just got it today. I guess I need a new DSDT.aml and a new smbios.plist for it though so if somebody have tested this before and have a DSDT.aml or can help me make one that would be great. 

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy