241 replies to this topic

Twa

Twa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Game, Art

I have installed 10.9.3, all work perfectly, nice tut :)

bengalih

bengalih

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hoping for some help...I was having some weird issues with my 10.9 install on ESX 5.5...it was going to the dreaded gray screen on logout and nothing could be done but reboot.

Anyway....

I updated my ESXi 5.5 with all latest patches and updated the unlocker to 1.3.

Then, I did a fresh install of 10.9 from the .dmg and everything looked fine.

Installed VMWare Tools, rebooted...fine

Installed guestd_patches.pkg, rebooted....fine

Installed VMsvga2_v1.2.5_OS_10.9.pkg, rebooted...and now instead of a login screen I just have a black screen with a pointer.

I restored a snapshot and I'm ok...but I'd like to have the VMsvga2_v1.2.5_OS_10.9.pkg installed if possible.

Any ideas?

UPDATE:  I reapplied both patches to my reverted snapshot and the same thing occurs.  Then, I tried to install just VMsvga2_v1.2.5_OS_10.9.pkg without guestd_patches.pkg.  That resulted upon the grey apple screen on reboot with a stuck spinner...even after another cold boot.

UPDATE2:  Cold rebooted again from a stuck black screen and now it's stuck on the grey screen... so not sure if the guestd_patches.pkg had any real impact to the change in issues I'm seeing.

UPDATE3: Safe mode boot (shift) works.. so likely a kext?   Ok..no more updates until someone can offer me some advice.  TIA!

Ok...so I went ahead and applied the following to my .VMX file (from front page):

svga.autodetect = "FALSE"
svga.vramSize = "16384000"

Now it doesn't really seem to say anywhere that applying these settings are mandatory, but rather an option.  However I am sure that this is the difference between me having the issue and not.

So...can someone confirm if these are supposed to be *required* for this to work and what exactly they are doing that would make the difference?

While I'm still awaiting the answer on the above, I have another (possibly related) issue?

As I mention I'm running this on ESXi 5.5 and I continuously am getting the following errors in my system log:

2013-11-23 18:37:06 -0600 WindowServer[88]: _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice: No matching context for device (0x7fcf60518790) - disabling OpenGL

I've looked around and it seems like this is a common enough problem with no real solutions.  I did however find this page:

http://forums.macrum...593194-p-4.html

The poster there states this:

"Ok, I have eliminated the _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice error by removing the 10.7.2 GMA950 kexts, and entering 0x27A28086 into AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist, thus linking the 10.8.4 WindowServer & CGX library into a modern Mavericks native driver/kext."

Now he is installing on actual older Mac hardware, not a VM...but I'm wondering if he is onto anything re: a solution.  I'm still a bit of a neophyte when it comes to hardware on Macs, so just asking someone for input in translating this and if it might be applicable to VM as well to eliminate the error.

TIA

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy