BootCDMaker

Trauma!

126 posts in this topic

Software updated to version 1.6.1

New Bootloader, Chameleon RC3 patched with PCEFI 10.5. No new features in this release, that's mostly a bug fix update :

1. Fixed a bug who was preventing GraphicsEnabler to work properly, thx to stellarolla who has noticed that bug.

2. BootCDMaker will also check if you've made a bad configuration to prevent GraphicsEnabler and or EthernetBuiltin injection to fail.

3. I've also improved the legacy ISO part, no more EBIOS errors in this mode too.

4. And now every features of the software should work fine with spaces in paths names.

5. New bootloader.

• 2 weeks later...
Software updated to version 1.6.1

New Bootloader, Chameleon RC3 patched with PCEFI 10.5. No new features in this release, that's mostly a bug fix update :

1. Fixed a bug who was preventing GraphicsEnabler to work properly, thx to stellarolla who has noticed that bug.

2. BootCDMaker will also check if you've made a bad configuration to prevent GraphicsEnabler and or EthernetBuiltin injection to fail.

3. I've also improved the legacy ISO part, no more EBIOS errors in this mode too.

4. And now every features of the software should work fine with spaces in paths names.

5. New bootloader.

Trauma,

I have been trying for weeks to boot up from CD with no success until i ran into yours, i 1st try the regular CD maker, it

didn't work, then i try Legacy and Voila it boot up SL beautifully, i haven't install it yet, because i have to move some of

my files but it seems to work great with Legacy CD, i will post the result once i have it installed. I have tried so many

different method and wasted so many cd, nothing work on my system but this, I currently have snow running but i use

the usb method. Once again thank you for your hard work.

For other folks, who want to try this, if you have the same hardware spec as the one in my sig if the regular Boot CD

doesn't work for then I suggest you should give the Legacy CD a try.

Hi trauma,

first of all thanks a lot for your fantastic application: I've tryed BootCD Maker with both Leopard and Snow Leopard and it works fine for me (Asus P5Q and Gigabyte EP35).

I would ask you if it's possible to customize in some way the theme directory, putting i.e. translated instruction or other background...

Thanks a lot,

APCTK.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your great work and contribution. I’ve been reading for the past two months in this forum and all I managed was a 10.5.7 install from the usual distros! I bought an SL retail DVD now and although Trauma’s app looks great, I had no success with your method.

I used a dsdt.aml (created only to fix RTC0), an smbios, a kernel flag cpu=1 -f and only three kexts from di524up (first post page) as standard and I tried all possible combinations between:</SPAN>

1st. mach_kernels of .432, .voodoo (Voodoo Based XNU 980 v2) and .voodoo (Voodoo.alpha3),

2nd. “arch” i386 and x86_x64 options (the only ones available in my Leopard installation) and

3rd. The “Make CD” and “Make Legacy CD” options.

The hardware is a P5WD2 Premium (socket 775) with a P4 (@3.2), 4GB Ram, 2 x nvidia 8400 GS, 2 x HDDs, DVD RW, that all worked with 10.5.7 except the onboard firewire.

So I end up with two situations and that is with mixed combination of the above.

1st. The Chameleon with a grey backround for ever (more than 45 minutes) or

2nd. The message:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0043E213): “Unable to find driver for this platform: \”ACPI\”.\n”@/Users/doobz/Desktop/XNU/xnu-1228.15.4/i…(the rest of it is not within the screen)…kit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1411 and another seven lines of numbers.

Anyone understands this and is willing to give me some help please?

Many Thanks,

Deanoh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice app, but i have couple of questions.

1) If i want to update the bootloader, do i have to replace both of those files?

screenshot20101014at025.png

2) After creating the iso, i'd like to add a folder with Chameleon installer and couple of kexts.

Is it possible to resize the iso somehow, in order to free up some space on it for additional files?

Thanks in advance.

1) If i want to update the bootloader, do i have to replace both of those files?

for chameleon "cdboot"

for isolinux(legacy) "boot"

2) After creating the iso, i'd like to add a folder with Chameleon installer and couple of kexts.

Is it possible to resize the iso somehow, in order to free up some space on it for additional files?

Use "isodir"

mald0n20101013s221026.png

add whatever you want

and then create the cd

mald0n20101013s221040.png

:)

mald0n20101013s222724.png

I use this

Chameleon RC5, kernel 10.4.0, Extensions.mkext...

http://www.mediafire.com/?bv0h7443sbex83i

Now i have another two questions:

Is it necessary to put mach_kernel in it, shouldn't it automatically load the kernel from retail DVD?

And if i want to activate Graphics Enabler - do i have to write it in the Extra boot.plist only, or the one inside Preboot.dmg, or both?

I've seen people doing it differently, some prefer to do it this way:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And some prefer to put it in Kernel Flags like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>

What's the right way of doing it?

Now i have another two questions:

Is it necessary to put mach_kernel in it, shouldn't it automatically load the kernel from retail DVD?

I never tested to work without the kernel

if it does work

you will not have a full support

an example is the processor "Core i"

these processors is fully supported on 10.6.4(10.4.0)

Snow Retail 10.6 or 10.6.3, has no such support

:unsure:

And if i want to activate Graphics Enabler - do i have to write it in the Extra boot.plist only, or the one inside Preboot.dmg, or both?

Use Automatic graphics injection and and Save settings

mald0n20101014s124032.png

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

--> bootcd/Extra/Preboot.dmg/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Thnx for this, i just replaced the cdboot from BootCDMaker.app/Contents/Resources/loaders/chameleon/usr/standalone/i386 , with the one from chimera r877 and add my extra folder from SL installation in BootCDMaker.app/Contents/Resources/Preboot, builded the cd and was able to install Lion DP4 with no issues at all. works great. Thnx a lot. Regards