[ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] for easily installing vanilla snow leo.

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Posted Image

Sorry forgot that, it´s two noname 7300gs 512 mb pcie videocards I found on ebay. Store´s in Hongkong. Check out the link over here. The resoloution is not so great cause I had to use my cellphone camera.

The strangest thing is they do work ok with this Slimbuild-preboot disc I downloaded and SL if I install an NVinject.kext I found here a while back (and edited myself). This kext works with a few other videocards too, got it uploaded here somewhere in hardware graphics in a thread of mine. I even get PS2 mouse and keyboard working ok booting with this disc using the old "PS2" kexts. But without booting with the disc I get only one card working and also only one display and only USB mouse and keyboard.

The case is I actually can boot without this disc and even without the DSDT.aml that comes with it, at least it seems so. You see I did a test install and installed a fresh SL to an USB harddrive and for what I know no DSTDT.aml or anything else besides what´s on the SL disc would´nt get installed if you do like this even if you use one of these 132 boot disc form around here.

Maby you can understand my frustration now I mean there´s just so many guides around here and I´m beginning to suspect you don´t need a DSDT.aml at all.

But I´m truly sorry if what I say here comes out wrong man it´s not easy writing in another language.

It go to late at night so I´ll have to wait till tomorrow before I can give your guide another try.

Thanks bud
Have it good as we say over here

I´m going to edit this reply if it shows my film/link overe here does´nt load ok

dj nitehawk

dj nitehawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

ok try doing this...

1. extract my zip file to ur desktop

2. get the nvinject.kext (the one u have modified - which works on ur system) and also any other kexts ur system might need to boot, and place them here:

desktop/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions

4. edit the following file:

desktop/snow-installer/filez/extra/com.apple.boot.plist

and change where it says "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "GraphicsEnabler=No"

5. restore the snow installer dvd to ur usb drive...

6. run "desktop/snow-installer/installnow" and select ur usb as the target

7. copy the "desktop/snow-intaller" to ur usb drive root folder

7. boot from the usb drive

8. launch terminal via "utilities" > "terminal" and type:

/snow-installer/installnow

then select where u wanna install snow as the target

9. exit terminal and continue with the snow installer

10. reboot and boot into ur new snow leo volume...

if that doesnt work dude i dont think i can be of any more service...

ps: just to be safe and to make sure that things dont confict... please try to install snow with this method to a clean HDD (where there are no other snow or leo installations)

do a clean install... wipe hdd first...

iSorrow

iSorrow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Dear all!
I've done everything right by the guide, and so my SL is up and running. The only problem I have is that when I need to start-up from my HDD where SL lives, it doesn't boot, only the blinking cursor I see on top of the screen. No boot options available too. So the only way I can start-up is launching with F8 from my USB drive where I installed my SL from and choosing the drive with SL. I guess there's something with bootloader probably, nothing helps.

I'm not very good in MAC OS but aint a deep noob also. Could someone please help.

Thanks in advance!

dj nitehawk

dj nitehawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Dear all!
I've done everything right by the guide, and so my SL is up and running. The only problem I have is that when I need to start-up from my HDD where SL lives, it doesn't boot, only the blinking cursor I see on top of the screen. No boot options available too. So the only way I can start-up is launching with F8 from my USB drive where I installed my SL from and choosing the drive with SL. I guess there's something with bootloader probably, nothing helps.

I'm not very good in MAC OS but aint a deep noob also. Could someone please help.

Thanks in advance!

to make things easy, make sure ur SL partition is GUID, and not mbr...
and also if there are no other OS partitions (for ex: windows, linux, etc) on the same disk, that would help troubleshoot things too...

boot up into the SL installer on ur usb... run the script again in terminal "/snow-installer/installnow"

once the script finishes, scroll back up to the part where it says "installing chameleon boot0..." and take a snap of that screen and attach here... so we can have a look to see whats going wrong with installing the bootloader... (if u see no apparent erros on that screen, it might pay to take snaps of the rest of the screens too and attach here... so we can figure out whats going wrong...)

then try booting without the usb and into ur SL partition...

if still the same, boot back into SL on ur hdd using the help of ur usb and launch terminal...

type the following one after the other...

sudo fdisk -e /dev/diskX
f XX
w
q
y

replace the X with the disk number of the actual disk ur SL is installed on...

replace XX with the parition number of ur SL install...

u can get a list of disks by using the following command in terminal...

diskutil list

we'll take it from there...

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
OK thanks I´ll give it a try, if it works drinks on me hehe. There´s a few things you say here in this last tip that looks interesting specially the line to make graphics not to load.

Well I´m 50+ maby the motor´s running a bit slow these days hehe.

Thanks for the help.

ok try doing this...

1. extract my zip file to ur desktop

2. get the nvinject.kext (the one u have modified - which works on ur system) and also any other kexts ur system might need to boot, and place them here:

desktop/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions

4. edit the following file:

desktop/snow-installer/filez/extra/com.apple.boot.plist

and change where it says "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "GraphicsEnabler=No"

5. restore the snow installer dvd to ur usb drive...

6. run "desktop/snow-installer/installnow" and select ur usb as the target

7. copy the "desktop/snow-intaller" to ur usb drive root folder

7. boot from the usb drive

8. launch terminal via "utilities" > "terminal" and type:

/snow-installer/installnow

then select where u wanna install snow as the target

9. exit terminal and continue with the snow installer

10. reboot and boot into ur new snow leo volume...

if that doesnt work dude i dont think i can be of any more service...

ps: just to be safe and to make sure that things dont confict... please try to install snow with this method to a clean HDD (where there are no other snow or leo installations)

do a clean install... wipe hdd first...

Logicpro9_user

Logicpro9_user

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
So here is where i am at now!

I followed the guide step by step, everything went well!!! wicked little guide!

There is a problem though.......

1.Booted from my sata drive where the SL install image/DVD was restored to.

2. Install of SL went 100% ok.

3. It asks me to restart after 100% install.....

3. rebooted then I get this panic when the new SL install drive boots.

Can anyone shine any light on this?

Would be great to sort it out! OH I forgot to say, I now no longer have a 10.5.8 install to work from!!
Only the Boot drive! and a broken SL install..... My system details are in my Sig.

Attached Files

dj nitehawk

dj nitehawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

So here is where i am at now!

I followed the guide step by step, everything went well!!! wicked little guide!

There is a problem though.......

1.Booted from my sata drive where the SL install image/DVD was restored to.

2. Install of SL went 100% ok.

3. It asks me to restart after 100% install.....

3. rebooted then I get this panic when the new SL install drive boots.

Can anyone shine any light on this?

Would be great to sort it out! OH I forgot to say, I now no longer have a 10.5.8 install to work from!!
Only the Boot drive! and a broken SL install..... My system details are in my Sig.

{censored} on a cracker mate!!!

okkay... by the looks of the error msg it looks like u've installed SL onto an IDE harddisk (or maybe even a laptop)... is this assumption correct?

if ur SL does not reside on an IDE hdd (or a laptop), please tell me what ur hardware config is and what additional kexts u have added in step 3 of the guide...

also helps to make sure that all ur hdds are running in AHCI native mode by going through ur bios settings...

so if u r using an ide hdd (or a laptop) - or even if not, just try doing the following:

1. download the attched file, extract it and place the kext at "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions" on ur SL INSTALLER drive (the one that u restored the image to)...

2. boot into the installer again, launch the terminal and run the following commands
  • rm -R /volumes/NAME-OF-UR-SL-VOLUME/system/library/extensions/ioatafamily.kext
  • kextcache -u /volumes/NAME-OF-UR-SL-VOLUME
3. when the above is done, run my installer script again, without quitting terminal with the following:
  • /snow-installer/installnow
4. boot into ur SL drive...

if that didnt work, reboot and while chameleon is starting, interrupt it by pressing the down arrow key and select "ignore boot caches" and select ur SL drive with the left/right keys and hit enter...

if that didnt work, tell me all about ur hardware config...

My system details are in my Sig.

ooooops..... sorry i missed that part.. yeh so ur using the badaxe mobo...

yeh just take the above steps to remove the ioatafamily thing on ur SL drive and u should be good...

let us know...

just found this:

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1256148

by the looks of it, u might not need to add the attached kext... just need to delete the stock kext from ur SL installation...

I use Terminal to input following

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/XXX/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

XXX is the Label of you drive.

so first try only deleting the file as instruction in the quoted text above.... if that didnt work, try my initial instructions (add kext + delete file)...

report back what happens......

Attached Files

Logicpro9_user

Logicpro9_user

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Hey man, thanks for getting back to me.

I mounted the DVD of SL onto a sata external drive, The target drive is a ITB westeren digital sata 2 drive.
I deleted the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext from the mounted DVD SL drive

1. Mounted the image to the drive with MBR, followed your steps, added Nait.kext for my video Card ...all went well!
2. Rebooted.
3.Formated the Target 1TB drive with GUID
4. Ran your scrpt again. all went well.
4.installed SL no problems at all.
5. rebooted and get Kernel Panic.....

Now its stuck on this KP and no matter what I chage in the Bios, It wont work....

I will report back!

thanks for your help

Do I need to remove IOATAFamily.kext or just AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext which is inside that kext?

I removed AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext but still getting the same KP

Tried booting with "Ignore Boot caches" but same KP again.

Defo need to write a Bad Axe 2 Guide for SL. Bios info etc etc.

Thing is its boots fine and installe 100% then I reboot and BOOM! KP!

Must be something I missed!

dj nitehawk

dj nitehawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Hey man, thanks for getting back to me.

I mounted the DVD of SL onto a sata external drive, The target drive is a ITB westeren digital sata 2 drive.
I deleted the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext from the mounted DVD SL drive

1. Mounted the image to the drive with MBR, followed your steps, added Nait.kext for my video Card ...all went well!
2. Rebooted.
3.Formated the Target 1TB drive with GUID
4. Ran your scrpt again. all went well.
4.installed SL no problems at all.
5. rebooted and get Kernel Panic.....

Now its stuck on this KP and no matter what I chage in the Bios, It wont work....

I will report back!

thanks for your help

Do I need to remove IOATAFamily.kext or just AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext which is inside that kext?

I removed AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext but still getting the same KP

Tried booting with "Ignore Boot caches" but same KP again.

Defo need to write a Bad Axe 2 Guide for SL. Bios info etc etc.

Thing is its boots fine and installe 100% then I reboot and BOOM! KP!

Must be something I missed!

others only say u need to delete AppleIntelPIIXATA. but if ur KP still says AppleIntelPIIXATA that means it hasnt been deleted... not properly anyways...

did u delete it from the DVD installer partition or ur ultimate/target snow partition? u should delete it from everywhere...

if that doesnt work together with "ignore boot caches", go ahead and delete ioatafamily.kext from both locations... that kext is for IDE drives... if u dont have any IDE u can safely remove it... which looks like the cause of KP on bx2...

can u take a snap of the KP after removing the culprit kexts?

look here:
http://wiki.osx86pro....php/HCL_10.6.0

search for the text "badaxe2" and read the notes there...

gotta delete that kext...

osx psychodude

osx psychodude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
hey bro i got this on my lappy with your automator
pls help

Attached Files

dj nitehawk

dj nitehawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

hey bro i got this on my lappy with your automator
pls help

woah!!! that one i havent seen before...

what laptop is it? does it have multi core cpu? is HPET enabled in bios?

try this boot flag:

CPUS=1

lemme know what ur laptop make/model is....

Logicpro9_user

Logicpro9_user

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Ok there is to many peiople saying different things about this KP! I dont know what to do......

here is how I work on it and installed it. I followed this Guide>>> (CLICK) to get it installed.

Let me tell you how I done it, and maybe you can pick up on any mistakes I have made...

Ok so working from my Leopard 10.5.8 Install with this system....

OS X 10.5.8 Vanilla + EFI!

Intel D975XBX2 (BAD AXE 2)
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 PCI-E Card
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6660 Kentsfield 2.4GHz CPU
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black (Used for installing Snow Leopard onto) /Volumes/DVD
320GB SATA II Hard Drive (Used for booting Snow Leopard) /Volumes/OSX
3GB Ram

I done......

1. Restore the retail "Snow Leopard Install DVD" to my Sata 2 Hard Drive with a MBR partition called "DVD".

2. Download and Run the script (From the above guide) from "desktop/snow-installer/installnow" by double-clicking on it.

3. Go through the on-screen prompts. Select the above restored install dvd partition as the target
For ex: "/Volumes/DVD" so that the installer dvd partition becomes bootable.

4. Copy the folder "desktop/snow-installer" to the above restored location. For ex: "/Volumes/DVD/"

5. Restart the computer and boot into the above install "DVD" that I made from the "Snow Leopard Install DVD"

6. It didnt work!!! I got my 1st KP from SL (See Kernel Panic 1 attached) :thumbsup_anim:

SO THIS IS THE POINT I STARTED TO LOOK FOR IDEAS TO WHAT WAS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM! AND OF COURSE IT WAS THE AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext INSIDE THE IOATAFamily.kext

SO I FIXED THIS PROBLEM BY FINDING THE IOATAFamily.kext IN MY /Volumes/DVD PARTITON AND DELTEING THE AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext INSIDE IT.....

NOW IT BOOTS FINE! 100% RIGHT INTO THE SNOW LEOPARD INSTALLER!

SO........

7. After the retail installer loads, Open up Disk Utility and Partition the drive where you want SL to be installed onto! mine was "/Volumes/OSX"

(Remember I have a boot drive called /Volumes/DVD and now an SL partition called /Volumes/OSX where SL will be installed onto)

8. then click "Utilities" > "Terminal" in the menu and type the following to run the script again: "/snow-installer/installnow"

9. Go through the prompts again and select your final destination disk/partition that SL will be installed onto! For ex: "/Volumes/OSX"

9. Close the terminal, restart as the installer says and reboot without the /Volumes/DVD sata 2 hard drive plugged in.

10. system restarts and BOOOOM! the same kernel panic as before!

See attached image!

Solutions.....

Now I can think of one solution to this..

1.Delete the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext or would i delete the IOATAFamily.kext Altogether?

2.Type in terminal: diskutil unmount -f /Volumes/OSX Open up Disk Utility.
Click on your install location on the left hand side Press Repair disk -

3. Im now stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone help? Does anyone know the Bad Axe 2 Bios options for Snow Leopard?

Attached Files

• Attached File  dfd.JPG   361.15KB   39 downloads

semmes

semmes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I obviously need to run this installer script from a 10.5 installation in ACHI mode. My 10.5 drive is not ACHI but a MBR. Will it run in ACHI mode to do the install or will it break my 10.5 installation? It broke my Win7 installation on a non-ACHI drive. Thanks :blink:

dj nitehawk

dj nitehawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

SO I FIXED THIS PROBLEM BY FINDING THE IOATAFamily.kext IN MY /Volumes/DVD PARTITON AND DELTEING THE AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext INSIDE IT.....

NOW IT BOOTS FINE! 100% RIGHT INTO THE SNOW LEOPARD INSTALLER!

dude!!! u had the answer sitting infront of u the whole time...

do u see how after deleting "/volumes/dvd/system/library/extensions/ioatafamily.kext/contents/plugins/applepiixata.kext" enabled u to boot the osx installer???

the reason u r still getting the KP is because there's still a copy of that kext on ur installed SL partition at: "/volumes/OSX/system/library/extensions/ioatafamily.kext/contents/plugins/applepiixata.kext"

so also delete that copy as well... that will let u boot into ur OSX volume without a KP....

do exactly this:

plug in "/volumes/dvd" and boot into the installer again... dont install snow leo again... just launch the terminal from the utilities menu... then issue the following command to delete that goddamn kext from ur OSX partition as well:

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

that is it... there's nothing else u need to do.... just delete the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext from both ur OSX and DVD volumes...

I obviously need to run this installer script from a 10.5 installation in ACHI mode. My 10.5 drive is not ACHI but a MBR. Will it run in ACHI mode to do the install or will it break my 10.5 installation? It broke my Win7 installation on a non-ACHI drive. Thanks :blink:

ahci has nothing to do with mbr...

its like this:

AHCI vs. IDE
MBR vs. GUID

obviously my script+guide is for ppl who have done vanilla osx installations before...
if you dont understand the basics of osx86 please read a guide written specifically for your motherboard/pc model to avoid any mishaps... but i guess thats too late for ur win7...

try these guids for starters:
http://wiki.osx86pro...s#10.6.0_Guides

Logicpro9_user

Logicpro9_user

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

dude!!! u had the answer sitting infront of u the whole time...

I am sure I had deleted this from the installer drive /volumes/dvd/ in my case....

BUT I DIDNT DELETE IT FROM THE /volumes/OSX after Install!!

Now it makes sence! :blink: I will try and report back to you buddy!

thanks for helping out and I will let know how it goes. ;)

Bad Axe 2 Guide comming soon!

Thanks again, will let you know how I get on 2morrow!

dj nitehawk

dj nitehawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

I am sure I had deleted this from the installer drive /volumes/dvd/ in my case....

BUT I DIDNT DELETE IT FROM THE /volumes/OSX after Install!!

Now it makes sence! :) I will try and report back to you buddy!

thanks for helping out and I will let know how it goes. :dance_24:

Bad Axe 2 Guide comming soon!

Thanks again, will let you know how I get on 2morrow!

oh hey and i also read the last 2 sata ports on the badaxe2 dont work with snow... so u might wanna plug in ur OSX disk to the very first sata port...

lemme know how u go... good luck!!!

Logicpro9_user

Logicpro9_user

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Nice tip! OSX Disk is in sata 0 port! I take it thats the 1st port! it goes 0, 1 2, 3 etc

dj nitehawk

dj nitehawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Nice tip! OSX Disk is in sata 0 port! I take it thats the 1st port! it goes 0, 1 2, 3 etc

swt just delete that kext from ur OSX volume...

im off 2 bed... let us know what happens...

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I have Logic 8 on this computer it performs about the same it does with Leo. With the Logic benchmark test from over in the creativity/audio I score same amount of tracks.

Logicpro9_user

Logicpro9_user

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I got Logic 9 on my Mac Book Pro with Snow Leo! its sooooooooooo fast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy