VoodooHDA Volume Control Fix [UPDATED][REUPLOADED]

christina

67 posts in this topic

@ HBellens & acetone802000

Can you please post the diff or the source on the modification you did.

Im having some trouble locating the strings to insert in the source, since pcrew didnt elaborate it.

Thanks

@ HBellens & acetone802000

Can you please post the diff or the source on the modification you did.

Im having some trouble locating the strings to insert in the source, since pcrew didnt elaborate it.

Thanks

I have mod somes values and recompile the VoodooHDA:

99, // SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME

50, // SOUND_MIXER_BASS

50, // SOUND_MIXER_TREBLE

90, // (was 75) SOUND_MIXER_SYNTH

90, // (was 75) SOUND_MIXER_PCM

90, // (was 75) SOUND_MIXER_SPEAKER

90, // (was 75) SOUND_MIXER_LINE

50, // SOUND_MIXER_MIC

90, // SOUND_MIXER_CD

90, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_IMIX

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_ALTPCM

75, // SOUND_MIXER_RECLEV

0, // SOUND_MIXER_IGAIN

50, // SOUND_MIXER_OGAIN

75, // (was 75) SOUND_MIXER_LINE1

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_LINE2

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_LINE3

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_DIGITAL1

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_DIGITAL2

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_DIGITAL3

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_PHONEIN

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_PHONEOUT

75, // SOUND_MIXER_VIDEO

0, // [?] SOUND_MIXER_RADIO

75 // (was 75) SOUND_MIXER_MONITOR

and my info.plist is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>VoodooHDA</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>VoodooHDA</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>KEXT</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>0.2.1</string>

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>VoodooHDA</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>VoodooHDADevice</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>VoodooHDADevice</string>

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x04030000&0xffff0000</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>IOUserClientClass</key>

<string>VoodooHDAUserClient</string>

<key>VoodooHDAVerboseLevel</key>

<integer>1</integer>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key>

<string>1.1fc9</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>1.1</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

sorry, my mistake. The upload must have gone wrong.

A new try.

now it is compiled for 32bit and 64bit, tested on 64bit (well that is when the file is more than 0kb :-))

When it is again 0KB, let me know and point me to a place where I can share files.

HB.

PS:

the files to change are VoodooHDADevice.cpp (and .h) and VoodooHDAEngine.cpp

- the gmixerSetDefaults method is a new method for class VoodooHDADevice. So add a method to the header file (VoodooHDA.h) and copy-paste the method from pcrew in VoodooHDADevice.cpp

- find in VoodooHDAEngine.cpp the method volumeChanged(.......) and copy-paste the volumeChanged method from pcrew in the file.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

German

Status der VoodooHDA.kext ? Ist die VoodooHDA.kext schon im Alpa oder Beta oder sogar schon Final? Ich Teste VoodooHDA.kext auf Board Asus P5N-E SLI und bis jetzt läuft der Sound.

Englisch

Status VoodooHDA.kext? Is VoodooHDA.kext early as Alpa or beta, or even Final? I Test VoodooHDA.kext on board ASUS P5N-E SLI and currently runs the sound. I have translated it using Google translator.

A new try.

now it is compiled for 32bit and 64bit, tested on 64bit (well that is when the file is more than 0kb :-))

When it is again 0KB, let me know and point me to a place where I can share files.

HB.

PS:

- the gmixerSetDefaults method is a new method for class VoodooHDADevice. So add a method to the header file (VoodooHDA.h) and copy-paste the method from pcrew in VoodooHDADevice.cpp

- find in VoodooHDAEngine.cpp the method volumeChanged(.......) and copy-paste the volumeChanged method from pcrew in the file.

Can you please upload your source so i can do the diff.

Thanks but still I cannot change volume.

A new try.

HB.

PS:

for those who want the sources: voodoohdaengine.cpp & voodoohdadevice.cpp are attached. btw, I only changed the engine. To compile, download voodoohda sources and change these two files. The whole source is more than 2Mb.

the patch worked for me on a Dell Latitude E6500.

Thank You ;)

No need to add a method to the header file VoodooHDADevice.h ?

Thank You :)

No need to add a method to the header file VoodooHDADevice.h ?

Nope, moved the implemantation of that method directly to the volumeChanged method in VoodooHDAEngine. VoodooHDAEngine.cpp is the only file that I have changed, the device file (.cpp) is just added because I fiddled a bit with it. 

Good Work!

I hear sound on my AD1984A In HP Elitebook 8530W Line Out, DockingStation Out, Mic, (HDMI??? Not tested but see in Sound Preferences...!!!!)

Thank You!

But, i change the volume i hear some distorsion.... :)

But Musics, Movies all good....

Only crappy sounds in volume changes...

Any Solution???

Thanks Again!!!

roberTO

A new try.

HB.

PS:

Thanks for the kext! it seems to fix my internal mic on my Dell M6400 and seems like Volume control works now. i am on 10.6.1 running in 64bit mode.

i do have one issue tho... i get a Kernel Panic booting normally, i have to boot with a -f flag to get my machine to boot. any idea as to what might be going on here?

thanks!

I dont know it was working for me 2 weeks ago. I have played with the sleep in my Latitude E6400 and now it doesn't work. I've downloaded the version1 and version2 as well, but none of them is working.

I have a feeling that something else is wrong, can you please check my kexts to see where is the mistake? I think I have a dependency missing or something like this.

kexts.rtf

Thanks!

I dont know it was working for me 2 weeks ago. I have played with the sleep in my Latitude E6400 and now it doesn't work. I've downloaded the version1 and version2 as well, but none of them is working.

I have a feeling that something else is wrong, can you please check my kexts to see where is the mistake? I think I have a dependency missing or something like this.

kexts.rtf

Thanks!

Sleep is known for messing up sound drivers severely

Thanks to HBellens for compiling it for 64 bit.

Works on HP DV7-1025nr with IDT audio & SL 10.6.2, Only issue is that the volume goes from 0 to full only in the last half of bars of volume control. This would be the best driver EVER if it used the full range. But Thank you for your work on this & Amazing progress in a short time.. :)

Just noticed something interesting, after pressing the mute button on my keyboard or checking the box under System Preferences / Sound, it works and sound goes off as you would expect, however when I uncheck the Mute box / press the button again, there is no sound, I have to toggle the volume up/down to get it back. Is this expected and if not, does anyone know how to fix it?

Running on an Asus P5Q Pro Turbo.

Thanks!

A new try.

HB.

PS:

mute not working on dv5