Autosleep-Script

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts

Does it disable autosleep when watching video in QuickTime ar listening to music in iTunes? Or does it sleep in the middle of a movie? ;)

Updated in first post ... :thumbsdown_anim:

dungeon

dungeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Updated in first post ... :(

great work, Thanks.
Hope the future release can monitor disk activities like file coping, downloading etc.

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts

great work, Thanks.
Hope the future release can monitor disk activities like file coping, downloading etc.

I think this is not possible in Applescript, at least for me :(, so you must change the energy saver settings to 3 hrs or never during large downloads or file copying ...

helob

helob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

This is a new version of PenntNeu-script, which now recognizes the setting "Never" for sleep-delay in energy-saver preferences. It works in 10.6 too. You must add It to Start Up Objects on your User Account ... :)

Added try ... end try to the script to prevent an error while running time machine backups ...

To explain it in detail: this is no solution for any sleep-issue with the except of not working AUTOMATIC-Sleep. If your machine goes to sleep by menu-command and wake without problems, you can use it ...

Added three little changes to stop script while itunes, dvd-player or QuickTime is playing...

KWS,
RIP2.app was working great for Chameleon RC3 :) .
However with the latest Chameleon RC4 ( eliminate PlatformUUID.kext in E/E), auto sleep is no more working :( .
Would appreciate any inputs on getting RIP working again with Chameleon RC4 :P .
TQ & Have a nice day

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts

KWS,
RIP2.app was working great for Chameleon RC3 ;) .
However with the latest Chameleon RC4 ( eliminate PlatformUUID.kext in E/E), auto sleep is no more working -_- .
Would appreciate any inputs on getting RIP working again with Chameleon RC4 :P .
TQ & Have a nice day

Is sleep working by menu command ... I use pc efi 10.5, i replaced boot file with rc4 and sleep isn't working by menu command and so also not by RIP-script.
Funny is that i changed my dvd-drive some weeks ago and since that autosleep is perfectly working without my script. So i feel not too much motivated to change my working configuration for testing ... :rolleyes:

helob

helob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Is sleep working by menu command ... I use pc efi 10.5, i replaced boot file with rc4 and sleep isn't working by menu command and so also not by RIP-script.
Funny is that i changed my dvd-drive some weeks ago and since that autosleep is perfectly working without my script. So i feel not too much motivated to change my working configuration for testing ... :)

I was using the patched RC4 boot file by blackosx which combined both Duvelv & Rekursor solution to OpenHaltRestart & PlatformUUID issues.
I replaced that with just Rekursor's boot file and everything is back to normal.
Both force and auto sleep are working again with RIP2 :P .
Pls note that efi 10.5 use PciRoot=1 as default whereas rc4 default to PciRoot=0
Try putting PciRoot=1 in com.apple.boot.plist for using rc4.

TQ & have a nice day.

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts

I was using the patched RC4 boot file by blackosx which combined both Duvelv & Rekursor solution to OpenHaltRestart & PlatformUUID issues.
I replaced that with just Rekursor's boot file and everything is back to normal.
Both force and auto sleep are working again with RIP2 :P .
Pls note that efi 10.5 use PciRoot=1 as default whereas rc4 default to PciRoot=0
Try putting PciRoot=1 in com.apple.boot.plist for using rc4.

TQ & have a nice day.

Thank you for the tip, will try it later :)

Daniel Gustavsson

Daniel Gustavsson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

This is a new version of PenntNeu-script, which now recognizes the setting "Never" for sleep-delay in energy-saver preferences. It works in 10.6 too. You must add It to Start Up Objects on your User Account ... ;)

Added try ... end try to the script to prevent an error while running time machine backups ...

To explain it in detail: this is no solution for any sleep-issue with the except of not working AUTOMATIC-Sleep. If your machine goes to sleep by menu-command and wake without problems, you can use it ...

Added three little changes to stop script while itunes, dvd-player or QuickTime is playing...

I love it, but it would be perfect if you could add transmission support. So it wont sleep while downloading and when copying files. :unsure:

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
So if someone's here who could improve RIP-script with network and file monitoring ability, feel free to use this few applescript-lines for further enhancements ... :(

zim2dive

zim2dive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I've just started having this problem after adding a DVD drive.. so do some drives cause this problem and others do not? (ie. should I swap the one I got with others in the house as a test ?)

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts

I've just started having this problem after adding a DVD drive.. so do some drives cause this problem and others do not? (ie. should I swap the one I got with others in the house as a test ?)

I changed my LG-drive to a Optiarc AD-72435 and autosleep started working. Leo trys to power-down the DVD-drive (i think so, but i dont know really - somewhere in Insanelymac there's a thread about it, but i lost the url :(), with one drive it works and with another it fails, depending on the model. On my other machine a different LG-drive and autosleep are working together ...

zim2dive

zim2dive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

I changed my LG-drive to a Optiarc AD-72435 and autosleep started working. Leo trys to power-down the DVD-drive (i think so, but i dont know really - somewhere in Insanelymac there's a thread about it, but i lost the url :wacko: ), with one drive it works and with another it fails, depending on the model. On my other machine a different LG-drive and autosleep are working together ...

I just got a Samsung TS-H663B/UOAH... its nice and compact and quiet... wah....

Have folks seen any difference between SATA, PATA, etc on this?

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
A test in advance: Leave a disc in the drive, if autosleep works, you will benefit from changing ... if not, maybe :wacko: theres a script solution nearby ...

zim2dive

zim2dive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I put in a CD, and with my SAMSUNG TS-H663B/UOAH SATA, and changed my sleep times to 1 minute. After 1 minute, the display sleeps... maybe 5 minutes later I hear the HDD spin down. 3-4 minutes later, the whole machine finally sleeps.

So I need to keep a disc inserted?!? LOL, that seems counter-intuitive.

Out of curiosity I swapped in a lite-on DH-20A4H PATA drive... I inserted a disc and it also went to sleep, but when it woke up the LiteOn went nuts as if I''d just loaded a disc it could not read... and it would not give up trying, even after I removed the disc.

I have an external case, so I may just pull the DVD and put it in that, only powering on when needed (which is not all that often).

thanks for the info!

zoob

zoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
For KWS:
DVD Burner May Be Cause of Insomnia
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=171929

--

Actually I just tested my own setup and it fails to auto-sleep even without a DVD drive. I'm using an Intel X25-M 160GB Gen2 SSD. Have yet to test the script method.

INTEL SSDSA2M160G2GC:

Capacity: 160.04 GB (160,041,885,696 bytes)
Model: INTEL SSDSA2M160G2GC
Revision: 2CV102HD
Serial Number: CVPO93060165160AGN
Native Command Queuing: Yes
Queue Depth: 32
Removable Media: No
Detachable Drive: No
BSD Name: disk0
Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified
Volumes:
Mac Pro:
Capacity: 159.7 GB (159,697,911,808 bytes)
Available: 153.39 GB (153,394,716,672 bytes)
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+
BSD Name: disk0s2
Mount Point: /

westwaerts

westwaerts

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
THX KWS

for changing the script to get more apps into sleep-prevention.
and definitely for the special support

all the best ww

sw170

sw170

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Added a possibility to select "sleep-resistant" programs (should support torrent downloads or dvd-rips with non-scriptable applications).

thats very kind of you, especially that you don't have to worry about TSST Drive bug anymore
thanks KWS !
Regards

Wikus

Wikus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

thank you for the great script, but I have a small problem with the RIP3. Is there a way to analyze it? The Problem: I edit the script (line 5) and "set Programme to {"TeamViewer", "jdownloader", "blabla"}". I start the RIP3 and normaly the system should not go to sleep if one of the programs is started. But since one week, it doesn't work anymore. After the idle time the system falls to sleep, no mater if e.g. TeamViewer ist started or not.

Any idea?

Best

Wikus

KWS

KWS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
If you write in terminal
ps -axww
you get a list of running processes, like in Activity Monitor.
I tested the script with TeamViewer Application (10.6.2) and it worked.
So to make it safe repeat the whole procedure, download and edit the script - maybe this will bypass the mistake.

DieBuche

DieBuche

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hey KWS, do u know whether VLC/other video apps support AS (smt. like IfVideoIsPlaying= )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy