DVD Studio Pro 4

korki696

19 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I can't install 4.1 version neither 4.0 in my imac intel. What is the "tge check installation"?

In the version 4.0 says that I have to try again the instalation

In the 4.1 can't put a check on the software when I choice what i want install.

Anyone can help me??? I don't want format my system because this but I need DVD studio Pro 4

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem but installing version 4 unibin on a g4 1.33 powerbook with 768mb ram

i get to the part where it asked for a serial number i enter this and then i get an software install error. i try to install again but i just get aprompt for the admin password. and the same error comes up again.

any one know how to fix this issue?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
yes happesn to me too, it just cant import mpg files and the mpg file making engine or locked settings of dsp4 isnt too good really.

Yes, I too had that problem. I even reformatted my hd and had it happen again. I discovered that when I installed JAS 10.4.6 disk, it worked great. then I installed the Jas 10.4.7 update, and then DVDSP 4.1 would crash when importing .m2v files again. I even tried the Jas 10.4.8 update, and it was the same as 10.4.7. These both use the 10.4.4 kernel, and I haven't tried the new kernels yet.

Since it is my dads computer in another state, i do everything via VNC. It was a pain in the ass figuring everything out.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I too had that problem. I even reformatted my hd and had it happen again. I discovered that when I installed JAS 10.4.6 disk, it worked great. then I installed the Jas 10.4.7 update, and then DVDSP 4.1 would crash when importing .m2v files again. I even tried the Jas 10.4.8 update, and it was the same as 10.4.7. These both use the 10.4.4 kernel, and I haven't tried the new kernels yet.

Since it is my dads computer in another state, i do everything via VNC. It was a pain in the ass figuring everything out.

Trying to get my feet Wet on the DVDSP (authoring DVD'S a couple of years on PC), i tried to test the Dvd Studio Pro, in any of my 3 PC'S.

So here are my tries.

1) I had Total Failure on installing Osx 10.4.8 in my new 865 Intell Board. (ATA HDD, ATA DVD-RW), so i gave up on this machine.

2) I then tried 10.4.6 on my Athlon64 K8NE-Deluxe, Geforce2 MX400, (Ata HDD) and installed DVDSP 4.1 (not for resale).

It installed fine, but whatever i did, i crashed imediatelly.

Also m2v import and even mov import, ended on crash.

I didn't installed anything else from the Suite, not even Compressor.

In a few words, not working correct.

3) Then i thought i could try the exactly same procedure in my 3rd PC, using the same 10.4.6 Jas.

P4 3.0 Northwood, D875PBZ, Martox G550.

To my surprise allthought i installed the same from DVDSP 4.1, the import of any file worked perfect.

M2v files are imported fine.

My major problem though is with my G550 card, that doesn't have any support on this, resulting on GREEN PREVIEW.

Whatever files are imported in menus or timelines are displayed Green.

Do you guys see preview correct inside DVDSP ?

What card is prefferable? cause i read in FinalCut Studio specifications, that there is no support for G900, G950 (onboard cards).

I am reading for 3 days now, so i can decide to make another Hacintosh PC, just for DVD Authoring, Motion and LiveType.

i don't need to do any fancy VideoEditing (i do in Edius on PC), so i would like to build a MidClass PC on using the above.

Any comments on the above are welcome.

Kind regards

I have no problems at all with dvdsp 4.1 using an ol' ASUS P4P800 SE board and Jas 10.4.6 install.

In fact the system seems quicker and more stable than the PPC-G5 I use at the office.

4.1 is the FIrst universal version of DVDSP. I had also previously used dvdsp 3 but rosettta slowed down the video preview a bit.

Strange, but when I updated to 10.4.7 I had some issues, so I went back to 10.4.6 and things are fine since then.

Make sure you have the proper version of Quicktime installed.

good luck, n.m.

I have no problems at all with dvdsp 4.1 using an ol' ASUS P4P800 SE board and Jas 10.4.6 install.

In fact the system seems quicker and more stable than the PPC-G5 I use at the office.

Can you please tell us your system?

The fact that i didn't know that the new 965 chipsets are not working (unfortunatelly), makes me think to build a new one just for DVDSP and LiveType.

So, shall i go for:

Asus PSLD2-VM

or

Asrock CONROE945G-DVI

with the onboard VGA?

combined with some new Celeron, or any used Pentium D i find ???

I found a used Pentium D 840, at 55 euros.

Regards

Kle500

Tip-top no problemo with DVDSP 4.1 system:

Jas 10.4.6 install

Asus P4800 SE Board

ATI x1600 Saphire

Intel P4 3Ghz Prescott

1 GB dual channel RAM

OSX on IDE-controller

Never a crash or stutter and I mean I have been dealing with complicated projects, 2 hr documentaries with 7 subtitle tracks, menus etc.

After much skeptisim, I have come to love DVDSP, especially its versitaility in dealing with subtitles. Adobe's ENCORE is OK, but DVDSP wins hands down because of the subtitles interface.

THERE ARE still SOME bugs in DVDSP however, read the appropriate forums: mainly this is with using layered menus and initially there was a mistake in authoring the new HD-format. This has been corrected in the lastest update. (4.1.1)

cheerio, n.m.

P.s. to KLE500:

Careful with that asus PSLD2-VM board! I believe that one has a special IDE-driver, called "ITE" or something... If I were you I would save my money for a better processor and get a cheaper (older) board!

good luck, n.m.

After much skeptisim, I have come to love DVDSP, especially its versitaility in dealing with subtitles. Adobe's ENCORE is OK, but DVDSP wins hands down because of the subtitles interface.

P.s. to KLE500:

Careful with that asus PSLD2-VM board! I believe that one has a special IDE-driver, called "ITE" or something... If I were you I would save my money for a better processor and get a cheaper (older) board!

good luck, n.m.

It was my mistake SORRY.

I wanted to copy from link, another board and not the above.

This is what i am looking at:

P5LD2-VM

As for proccesor, what do you think on D 840 ?

Also, i have an XFX 6600LE 256mb, ready for selling.

Having read only for ATI X1600 and the onboard on 945G, will this be a mistake to sell?

Will it work good on this situation?

I am a DVD Maestro user (ex Dvd Studio Pro team), and i know what you mean, but i very much like the menu transitions of DVDSP.

Regards

Like most Hackintosh machines, the critical issue is always the graphic card, there have been leaps-and-bounds of progress with these recently, check out the Natit forum.

So depending on whether you need dual-monitors you might prefer to go with an nvidia card.

Go for what you budget allows, just make sure you don't get an exotic board with unusual drivers. It is my impression that Hackintosh can run on almost anything these days.

The processor is never the problem, will just effect your speed, but in my experience, DVDSP is NOT a processor intensive application.... unlike Adobe Encore, which although it offers many different transcoding options WILL hog your reasources immensely.

YEAH, good ol DVD Maestro... I used to love that program too, originally only for PC/Windows - you know SPRUCE was brought by Apple a number of years ago, and this program formed the basis of DVDSP as we know it. So it is poetic justice to be running DVDSP back on a PC ! !

regards, n.m.

Like most Hackintosh machines, the critical issue is always the graphic card, there have been leaps-and-bounds of progress with these recently, check out the Natit forum.

I was under the impression, that the most critical issue in Hackintosh builds is the motherboard.

So i made a bad choise on my new 965 Intel board, that's why i am thinking on a new machine dedicated for DVDSP.

So depending on whether you need dual-monitors you might prefer to go with an nvidia card.

Go for what you budget allows, just make sure you don't get an exotic board with unusual drivers. It is my impression that Hackintosh can run on almost anything these days.

I will stick at first on the onboard graphics and if i see that is worth the extra to spend for a Geforce, i will do it.

BTW, i allready returned the Geforce 6600LE, that i got for my other machine.

.... unlike Adobe Encore, which although it offers many different transcoding options WILL hog your reasources immensely.

I know that, but Encore is also a little buggy for me.

Also (VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME), Encore doesn't allow "Chapter Marker import" option, something that DVDMaestro and DVDSP does excellent (i know Maestro very well).

YEAH, good ol DVD Maestro... I used to love that program too, originally only for PC/Windows - you know SPRUCE was brought by Apple a number of years ago, and this program formed the basis of DVDSP as we know it. So it is poetic justice to be running DVDSP back on a PC ! !

Hehehe, i also know that, and also i think that Adobe will copy many features of the DVDSP in their upcoming Authoring program.

Menu Transitions, are very very cool when they are build into the Authoring application, that's why i think they will want to do something about that.

Regards

Kle500