WUSB54G WORKING! No joke, come in to find the solution...

kramer2k

66 posts in this topic

alvaro martins, what do I do with the info.plist file? do I place it somewhere or?

I am sorry for asking this newbie question as I am new to all this stuff, tried to read through the search, but could not understand the complex terms..

I would greatly appreciate your inputs!

Regards.

• 1 month later...
So now in the System Preferences Network application I was able to configure the WUSB45G adapter as en1 and bingo - I was connected. But after a bit of snooping I found out that my adapter was connectiing to an open Linksys router in my area - not my router; the dhcp assigned ip addresses were not from my router.

So I launched the Ralink USBWirelessUtility to configure my adapter. The touble :( is that the application always displays "No Device !!!" and no matter what I try to do I can not get this application to work :censored2:

I also found that there should be 4 .Plist files in my ~/Library/Preferences folder but they are not there. They are:

• ~/Library/Preferences/AdvancedProfileSetting.plist

• ~/Library/Preferences/ActiveProfileSetting.plist

• ~/Library/Preferences/Profile.plist

• ~/Library/Preferences/com.Ralink.RaConfig.plist

Hi Pablo

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the EXACT same issue. The device is conncting to the neighbors apple airport (!) rather than my local router. When I open the Ralink USBWirelessUtility it still shows no device.

I'm also missing the profile .plist files that you are mentioned in your post.

Any ideas??

Thanks

-Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

My solution to this is to boot up with -f. This fixes the "No Device"

I am looking for a fix so I don't need to boot up with -f

Hi Pablo

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the EXACT same issue. The device is conncting to the neighbors apple airport (!) rather than my local router. When I open the Ralink USBWirelessUtility it still shows no device.

I'm also missing the profile .plist files that you are mentioned in your post.

Any ideas??

Thanks

-Rich

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heya im really baffled by this one, mainly because i have little experience with macs as probably alot of people on here do.

My WUSB54G shows up in the system profiler which im guessing is a good thing, i installed the railink utility but it says no device found.

I've been desperetly trying for days now to get this working and trawling through this thread to try and understand the solution but i just dont seem to understand it, could someone please explain to me how to get the WUSB54G working in newbie baby steps please lol bit by bit and applicatin by application :(

This really is starting to drive me up the wall now lol :):D:wacko:

• 2 months later...

Solution to the USB Wireless Utility

Like most of you guys I got my driver working but I coudln't tell it which access point to connect to, it kept picking up unsecured ones around me. But this post: CLICK HERE by J.Sylar works COMPLETELY.

What you do is use the driver from this post but use the Belkin wireless utility - he details how you can delete the RT2500 utility and the Belkin driver to have a cleaner install. I was able to choose the correct network and enter my password details, etc.

Now, does anyone know how to make the driver work on startup and after sleep? I have to manually reconnect my wusb54g everytime!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Solution to the USB Wireless Utility

Like most of you guys I got my driver working but I coudln't tell it which access point to connect to, it kept picking up unsecured ones around me. But this post: CLICK HERE by J.Sylar works COMPLETELY.

What you do is use the driver from this post but use the Belkin wireless utility - he details how you can delete the RT2500 utility and the Belkin driver to have a cleaner install. I was able to choose the correct network and enter my password details, etc.

Now, does anyone know how to make the driver work on startup and after sleep? I have to manually reconnect my wusb54g everytime!

I am having the same problem... there is a work around but now if you want to get it you need to pay for it, its no longer donationware..

Is it possible to get this working for a WMP54G v4 (pci version)?

The card has the RT2500 chip.

Thnx

I think so long it is Ralink chip based and version 4 then you are good to go!!

• 4 weeks later...
Well, here's the fix people...Currently posting this using my Linksys WUSB54G V4 with Ralink RT2500 Drivers...

The Product ID and Vendor ID are the same as they've always been..

BUT...

The one other value you have to change is the bcdDevice it needs to be 4 NOT 1

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.Ralink.driver.RT2500</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>RT2500USBWirelessDriver</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOUSBDevice</string>

<key>bcdDevice</key>

<integer>4</integer>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>13</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>5041</integer>

</dict>

Verified and it works...

Have at it boys, enjoy those Linksys V4s!

K

does this work with v2 also? by changing the 4 to a 2?

Well, here's the fix people...Currently posting this using my Linksys WUSB54G V4 with Ralink RT2500 Drivers...

BUT...

<key>IOClass</key>

<key>bcdDevice</key>

<integer>4</integer>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>13</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>5041</integer>

</dict>

Verified and it works...

K

HAHA wow thank you very very much. Managed to get a $19 ZIONCOM b/g usb wifi adapter working with this fix.. on a Dell D620 that has an Intel 3945 wifi card that so far has no drivers.. cheap fix so THANK YOU again.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I'm Peewee

I have a Wusb54gs and i used this procedure to can use it. It Works Perfectly, but I have a problem:

- When I turn on The computer The software "Ralink" tell me: "NO DEVICE" and so to can Use i must to unplug and replug the WUSB54GS. Anyone can Help me to fix this Problem?

Thanx a lot

Peewee

BUT...

<key>IOClass</key>

<key>bcdDevice</key>

<integer>4</integer>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>13</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>5041</integer>

</dict>

Verified and it works...

K

• 2 months later...

Hi, some one can help me? i have the WUSB54GC Device V3 but doesnt wOrk on my OS

Info:

MacbookPro

Device: WUSB54GC V3

wusb54gca.jpg

Please someone Help me! i dont know what driver is, and the laptop doesnt recognize the device.

Thanks!