• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts
@gunterTheMonkey

The EFI string in com.apple.Boot.plist will only normally include your Video and Ethernet so if you have built a DSDT to include Video & Ethernet then you can remove...
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>......</string>
from com.apple.Boot.plist

As for your audio, I have only tested here with ALC888 so as your moob uses ALC889A all I can suggest is you have a read of tmongkol's thread to double check specifics.

Has anybody confirmed that the CPU temp is actually higher and it's not that the temp is just being reported as higher?

As I got through my speedsteps the voltage and frequency increments are still the same with 10.5.8 but I have actually noticed a 2-3 Deg increase in temp at idle (Worth noting though London is quite hot this weekend - It's actually NOT raining :( ~) the Fan could be running at lower RPM or CPU could be pulling more current - ameter GUI anyone?

D

Lol, it's warm in the south west too ;)
I'll be interested too if anybody has higher temps, as then I have to question is VoodooPower worth using?
For me so far, it is doing a good thing though

gunterTheMonkey

gunterTheMonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
blackosx,
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look into it more and see what I can do with my particular mobo. Thanks.

gunterTheMonkey

gunterTheMonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
After many trials and errors, I finally got that Internal Microphone to show up in the Sound Input. The bad news is that I don't think it's working. I still can't get sound for my Xbox 360 that's hooked up to my LCD. Having to boot to Window every time just to play some games with sounds is such a pain...and I do play a lot of games. Oh well...

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts

After many trials and errors, I finally got that Internal Microphone to show up in the Sound Input. The bad news is that I don't think it's working. I still can't get sound for my Xbox 360 that's hooked up to my LCD. Having to boot to Window every time just to play some games with sounds is such a pain...and I do play a lot of games. Oh well...

Well done for getting so far.. I agree that it does take a bit of trial and error.
I haven't tested any of the audio inputs on my machine to see if they actually work as I never need to use them and I don't have and hardware near my hack to plug in. I will eventually find time to trial this.. Has anybody else who has working audio through DSDT tried using the inputs?

As for getting sound out of your Xbox 360, why are you putting it through a computer and not an amp? (Or shouldn't I ask)

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Lol, it's warm in the south west too :D
I'll be interested too if anybody has higher temps, as then I have to question is VoodooPower worth using?
For me so far, it is doing a good thing though

Voodoo power is definatly worth using. Appart from the temp issue everyone seems to be having it's a bloody simple way to achive stepping.

D.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts
Lol. I agree SpeedStep is fantastic, I was just questioning the report of higher temps.

gunterTheMonkey

gunterTheMonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Well done for getting so far.. I agree that it does take a bit of trial and error.
I haven't tested any of the audio inputs on my machine to see if they actually work as I never need to use them and I don't have and hardware near my hack to plug in. I will eventually find time to trial this.. Has anybody else who has working audio through DSDT tried using the inputs?

As for getting sound out of your Xbox 360, why are you putting it through a computer and not an amp? (Or shouldn't I ask)

I know...I almost gave up trying. I've read many posts of a successful DSDT installed, but I haven't come across any post where someone actually had all the audio ports tested with it.

My Xbox 360 is connected to my LCD monitor using a VGA cable and I get audio through the pink audio port on my GA-EP45-DS3R. This set up has been working flawlessly for me in Vista for the past year or so. Apparently, not quite in OS X, yet. Well, at least the distorted sound waking back from sleep mode is gone.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Lol. I agree SpeedStep is fantastic, I was just questioning the report of higher temps.

It's been suggested that CoolBook and AppleIntelCPUPM is a good option.

http://www.insanelym...p...3898&st=300

D.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts

It's been suggested that CoolBook and AppleIntelCPUPM is a good option.
http://www.insanelym...p...3898&st=300

I'll follow this with interest. Thanks for the tip off.

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Why not using Line-In port? (Blue)
Take a look on tkmongol´s thread. specific on this file: http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=53274

Try to make a new DSDT using this guide(file http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=53274) , AND using LegacyHDA kexts for ALC889a..
But remember, this thread is for ALC888 (GA-EP45-DS3L)...

Also if you want, there is some patched AppleHDA for ALC889A on tkmongol´s thread.

Regards.

gunterTheMonkey

gunterTheMonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
thiagomorales,

My DSDT.aml is made with ALC889a with HDEF checked in the Koalala's patcher. Does that make any difference? I did try all 4 LegacyHDA.kexts, but I get no audio device in System Preferences with every single one of them. I'm actually using a patched AppleHDA.kext right now. I do notice that when I have the jack plugged into the line-in port (blue), the Input Level in Sound actually responds to the buttons that I press on the Xbox 360 controller. But, there's still no sound coming out. I guess my only option right now is to compile a new DSDT.aml using tmongkol's method.

ricola

ricola

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
@blackosx : great guide!! :( thanks.

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

thiagomorales,

My DSDT.aml is made with ALC889a with HDEF checked in the Koalala's patcher. Does that make any difference? I did try all 4 LegacyHDA.kexts, but I get no audio device in System Preferences with every single one of them. I'm actually using a patched AppleHDA.kext right now. I do notice that when I have the jack plugged into the line-in port (blue), the Input Level in Sound actually responds to the buttons that I press on the Xbox 360 controller. But, there's still no sound coming out. I guess my only option right now is to compile a new DSDT.aml using tmongkol's method.

I´m glad for it worked for you. :D (With 'LineIn' app help)
Regards
Thiago

gunterTheMonkey

gunterTheMonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I´m glad for it worked for you. :( (With 'LineIn' app help)
Regards
Thiago

It turned out that all I needed was the LineIn app. Anyway, I decided to use the DSDT.aml that I made with tmongkul's guide so I didn't have to use the patched AppleHDA. I removed the patched AppleHDA in S/L/E and replaced it with the original copy and did a Repair Disk Permissions. After that, I got 6 black restart screens in a single day. For whatever reason, I decided to do another Repair Disk Permissions and I got another black restart screen while the process was running. So, I ended up not being able to boot into OS X even with Verbose boot. After a day or two trying with no luck, I decided to start everything from scratch again. This time, I'm using blackosx's dual boot on same HHD method. I'll report back to the appropriate thread if I'm successful.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts

@blackosx : great guide!! :D thanks.

No Problem, Thanks ricola. :)

This time, I'm using blackosx's dual boot on same HHD method. I'll report back to the appropriate thread if I'm successful.

Good news for the LineIn app. I'll have to remember that one.
I look forward to hearing how you get on with the install. :)

zoltankr

zoltankr

zoliky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
Is LegacyHDA 64 bit compatible for snow leopard?

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts

Is LegacyHDA 64 bit compatible for snow leopard?

This I don't know. I am just starting to look in to SL and have just got hold of 10A432 for testing. ;)

zoltankr

zoltankr

zoliky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
OK.. @tmongkol confirmed me, the kext is 64bit compatible.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,139 posts

OK.. @tmongkol confirmed me, the kext is 64bit compatible.

Great. Thanks for letting me know.
So Have you got SL installed and running on your hack? if so, what method did you use to boot it etc.?

zoltankr

zoltankr

zoliky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Great. Thanks for letting me know.
So Have you got SL installed and running on your hack? if so, what method did you use to boot it etc.?

Try this guide: http://www.projectsn...rd-32-or-64-bit
My hardware: EP35-DS3L / Q6600

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy