[Guide] Using DSDT with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

576 posts in this topic

thiagomorales,

My DSDT.aml is made with ALC889a with HDEF checked in the Koalala's patcher. Does that make any difference? I did try all 4 LegacyHDA.kexts, but I get no audio device in System Preferences with every single one of them. I'm actually using a patched AppleHDA.kext right now. I do notice that when I have the jack plugged into the line-in port (blue), the Input Level in Sound actually responds to the buttons that I press on the Xbox 360 controller. But, there's still no sound coming out. I guess my only option right now is to compile a new DSDT.aml using tmongkol's method.

I´m glad for it worked for you. :D(With 'LineIn' app help)

Regards

Thiago

I´m glad for it worked for you. :((With 'LineIn' app help)

Regards

Thiago

It turned out that all I needed was the LineIn app. Anyway, I decided to use the DSDT.aml that I made with tmongkul's guide so I didn't have to use the patched AppleHDA. I removed the patched AppleHDA in S/L/E and replaced it with the original copy and did a Repair Disk Permissions. After that, I got 6 black restart screens in a single day. For whatever reason, I decided to do another Repair Disk Permissions and I got another black restart screen while the process was running. So, I ended up not being able to boot into OS X even with Verbose boot. After a day or two trying with no luck, I decided to start everything from scratch again. This time, I'm using blackosx's dual boot on same HHD method. I'll report back to the appropriate thread if I'm successful.

@blackosx : great guide!! :D thanks.

No Problem, Thanks ricola. :)

This time, I'm using blackosx's dual boot on same HHD method. I'll report back to the appropriate thread if I'm successful.

Good news for the LineIn app. I'll have to remember that one.

I look forward to hearing how you get on with the install. :)

Thank you ;)

np, mate!

Is there a way to boost (increase) the output volume through DSDT or LegacyHDA?

I have a headphone, at maximum volume level (System Preferences => Sound => Output volume) but the sound is not really high. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

np, mate!

Is there a way to boost (increase) the output volume through DSDT or LegacyHDA?

I have a headphone, at maximum volume level (System Preferences => Sound => Output volume) but the sound is not really high. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Not as far as I know, but I have never needed to look in to that.

If I plug headphones in, the volume level is great. And that's with the headphone (System Preferences => Sound => Output volume) set half way. Turning it full up deafens me..

hahah im literally going {censored} insane lol. now when i instsall ideneb, it doesnt recognize the ethernet... it used to... now it doesnt. and now the vanilla installation is taking more than 40 minutes of estiamte time... the harddrive randomly stops working, then works again... then stops working again, like it does it when it feels like it or something..

lol maybe ill scrap this and just go vista and raid 0 lol. idk wth is going on.

hahah im literally going {censored} insane lol. now when i instsall ideneb, it doesnt recognize the ethernet... it used to... now it doesnt. and now the vanilla installation is taking more than 40 minutes of estiamte time... the harddrive randomly stops working, then works again... then stops working again, like it does it when it feels like it or something..

lol maybe ill scrap this and just go vista and raid 0 lol. idk wth is going on.

I wouldn't try using DSDT with a modified OSX like iDeneb, just add it to /Extra for a retail build.

As for your install issue with the hard drive stopping and starting? please explain what you are trying to do?

Thanks! I was using lensboard's guide (ds3l/ud3l), but this is a cleaner product. My sleep seems to be giving me issues still (9600GSO 384 using 8800GS 384 string), but the kexts/dsdt install was straightforward and easy with the guide.

I have one odd issue, that is maybe just a Chameleon issue? Somewhere in the process, but after I had all my kexts in the /E/E folder the folder now has a small red circle with a dash in it and I can no longer access the /E/E folder as I have "because you do not have sufficient privileges".

Everything is working fine currently, but I might want to modify one of my kexts in the /E/E folder in the future some day. Any ideas?

Oh, also, the sleep issue is that when I power on from sleep I get the same device removal error that you get when you unplug a USB thumb drive without ejecting it first. I assume this is because of the data HDD I have in the computer. Is there a way to disable this error?

Thanks.

What sleep issues are you having? Sleep is related to the video card so maybe it has something to with you using the device string for 8800GS? I guess you have QE/CI working for your card but maybe a different string might help (zangieff has a 9400 which also didn't have a device string and he managed to get it working here, so I don't know if this is any help?)

The small red circle with a dash in it has to do with permissions. I guess you are using the Chameleon partition? If so , go to Terminal and cd to the Chameleon volume and do a ls -l to list the details and owner of the volume etc.. (see attached screengrab). If the owner reads root for example then you will need root privileges to access it, but you can change it in Terminal.

The USB device error when waking from sleep? Do you have any PATA drives? as all mine are SATA and I never have this issue....

post-331032-1250664211_thumb.png

Thanks. I have seen that your DSDT does not contain the CMOS-reset-fix:

I didn't have the need for the CMOS reset fix until now. This is needed for 10.6 and I will update the guide to include it.

EDIT: The guide is now updated to include this.

Success with DSDT install on second try.

Problem reading my graphics card correctly first time. On the second attempt using ACPI Patcher I selected PEGP (even though it is not present when using IORegisterExplorer and changed settings to "DUAL DVI-TV/HC1".

Also updated to change in CMOS for 10.6

Another great guide from Blackosx.

I will update my sig soon, but want you to see where I was coming from.

Thought you might be interested to know that your guides work for the EP45-UD3L boards as well. Which only makes sense since they are all the same chipsets as the DS3L series boards.

Thanks for letting me know :(

I have added that to the short list on the front page of the main guide.

Just installed the latest 10.5.8 update, went smoothly (I'm inching my way closer to being comfortable with a 10.6 install). But I did notice a few interesting messages in the system.log:

Aug 24 08:55:50 localhost kernel[0]: GFX0: family specific matching fails

Aug 24 08:55:50 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

Aug 24 08:55:50 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Should these be overlooked or should I make adjustments to correct my install, if so what??