***** File System Was Modified *****

and now?

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
done the whole thing again. most of the time my coreRaidServer crashes. network card: realtek 8111c
updated the realtek kext from the official realtek-side and used the IONetworkingFamily.kext from the X58_Mobo_Patch-pakage

and the hardware-adress for the nic that is displayed on startup doesn't match with the hardware-adress that is displayed inside kaly 10.5.2. a hint for problems mit nic-kext? inside kaly 10.5.2 my nic is working.

btw. i have disabled my firewire port because there was an error, too.

Attached File  vanilla_verbose2.jpg   1.39MB   23 downloads

____

UPDATE 2
my efi-strings in boot.plist messed it up. not the raidserver stop the startup but:
/usr/sbin/ocspd[xx]: starting
means nothing else, that the graphics-driver should be initialised. but when your system crashs at this time your efi-string and your /S/L/E/NVDAResman.kext have some trouble with each other.

Workaround:
1. delete your efi-string out of /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist and reboot
2. install the gt200 drivers (see gt200 thread) and reboot (you will get a dark or blue screen at first startup), use your second installation or vesa-startup -x, -s
3. add your efi-string again to /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist and reboot
4. cross your fingers that you wont get the ocspd message again (see verbose mode)
but right now: now sound!

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i've made it :)

asus p6t-se (sound, lan, currently no firewire), core i7 920 (all cores + ht), gtx 260 (efi-string), 6gb ddr3 osz, velociraptor 150, 1tb samsung f1...
considerably more favourable as a mac pro

has taken me three days.

my hint for everyone with this mobo and gt200-series graphic: don't add your efi-string to your boot.plist until you managed to boot into your vanilla installation with vesa-drives. then you can install the gt200-drivers and add your efi-string. everything else will destroy your audio, lan and your S/L/E...

greetings

Attached File  Bild_2.png   708KB   51 downloads

fismit

fismit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

done the whole thing again. most of the time my coreRaidServer crashes. network card: realtek 8111c
updated the realtek kext from the official realtek-side and used the IONetworkingFamily.kext from the X58_Mobo_Patch-pakage

and the hardware-adress for the nic that is displayed on startup doesn't match with the hardware-adress that is displayed inside kaly 10.5.2. a hint for problems mit nic-kext? inside kaly 10.5.2 my nic is working.

I have been struggling with the mDNSResponder issue myself. Did getting the official realtek kext fix this issue?

I've also wondered about the hardware address for the NIC. Did you need to edit that at all?

absolutenot

absolutenot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Wow -- go out of town for the weekend and see a ton of activity in this thread..

What I've seen with the sound dosen't make much sense -- I'll try to detail what we've seen here. This will likely be a long post, but Gecko & I've both gotten sound working again... it doesn't make any sense at all, but at least it works. If anyone reading this can shed some light on the why's, we'll be eternally grateful.

First -- a note. My methodology for working on a hackintoshes includes setting up two separate installs of OSX -- A main install, and a Utility install -- in case I managed to eff up my main install. All operations on the /Extra folder should take place from the opposite install of mac os -- IE you have two hard drives -- Drive A and Drive B -- if you're working on Drive A, then you boot up on Drive B to make modifications to Drive A's /Extra/Extensions folder. We have noticed that what is listed below as a fix only worked when executed from another installed copy of OSX. Why? We don't know, but that's how it worked out.

Here's the story:

When I first got my system running off of a boot-132 install (MJ's guide that I linked in the first post), under the voodoo kernel, everything seemed to be running fine, but I wanted more.

When I set up my second install on this board, everything went well.... Gecko used the original post with some help from me and built out his own system to the same results I had. He went a little further, to try to add psystar's openhaltrestart_1.0.3.kext to address a power down issue. When he added that kext, and rebuilt his /extra/extensions.mkext (by the way, the command we've been using for that is this (got this from Digital Dreamer's guide I think):
[codebox]sudo -s
cd /Extra
kextcache -a i386 -m ./Extensions.mkext ./Extensions
[/codebox]
his sound quit working.

Perplexed, he removed the psystar kext and rebuilt his /extra/Extensions.mkext again. Still no sound.

I tried the same setup, and managed to duplicate the issue on one of my hard drives, leaving the other drive intact. All of our permissions and file ownerships checked out, since removing the psystar kext, both extensions folders were identical, we couldn't for the life of us figure out why the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler kexts weren't loading.

We went through several troubleshooting steps. By chance, Gecko noticed something about when he reinstalled Chameleon 2 RC2... after he reinstalled it, he noticed some new kexts in the folder...
[codebox]drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 AppleHDAController.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 AppleMikeyDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 DspFuncLib.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 IOHDAFamily.kext
(there were a couple more, but it's not that important here)
[/codebox]

Interesting, we thought... those just happen to be the kexts that are contained within AppleHDA.kext. What appeared to be happening, was the Chameleon installer was reading the extensions.mkext file, and extracting out the kexts that had already been cached back into the /extra/extensions folder. If we installed chameleon on top of itself after deleting the /extra/extensions.mkext, there were no changes to the contents of the extra/extensions folder. It seems that it would only rewrite nested extensions into the extensions folder when reinstalled over itself more than once -- IE only the above listed kexts would show up in there again with a -n in the name (where n is 1, 2, 3, etc) if you reinstalled chameleon back on top of itself yet again n+1 times.

While testing this and trying to see what would happen, gecko got up to -2's in the kext name. The list of files in the /extra/extensions folder at this point looked like this:
[codebox]drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 AHCIPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 ATAPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 6 18:42 AppleHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 AppleHDAController-1.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:46 AppleHDAController-2.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 AppleHDAController.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 AppleHDAPlatformDriver-1.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:46 AppleHDAPlatformDriver-2.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 AppleMikeyDriver-1.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:46 AppleMikeyDriver-2.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 AppleMikeyDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 Disabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 DspFuncLib-1.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:46 DspFuncLib-2.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 DspFuncLib.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 6 18:42 HDAEnabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 IOHDAFamily-1.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:46 IOHDAFamily-2.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:45 IOHDAFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 JMicronATAInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:43 dsmos.kext
[/codebox]

(This took three consecutive reinstalls of chameleon 2 rc2)

On a lark, gecko tried to rebuild his kextcache now with the command we'd been using (kextcache -a i386 -m ./Extensions.mkext ./Extensions)... and rebooted the machine....

/angelic singing

He had sound again.

I'm not promising this will work for you, but for us, getting the sound back working consisted of the following steps...

Start with an extensions folder that looks like this: (if you have any other kexts you're adding, go ahead and add them here) Keep in mind you need to be doing this from another hard drive than the one you're working on.

[codebox]drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 AHCIPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 ATAPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 6 18:42 AppleHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 Disabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 6 18:42 HDAEnabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 25 14:16 JMicronATAInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 6 18:43 dsmos.kext
[/codebox]

Build your kextcache with this setup, as described earlier in this post
Reinstall Chameleon 2RC2 three times

Your extensions folder should now look like the one I listed previously.

rebuild your kextcache again, and reboot onto the drive you've been working on.

If all has gone well, you should have sound again.

This process started out pretty simply. When I first wrote the guide, I thought it was pretty cut and dried. When we started trying to do more with the base install, we ran into some really weird problems. I'm curious to see how subsequent versions of chameleon will affect the process, as in whether not the sound issues may be caused by something they're doing over there, or is there something else going on.

Another note -- gecko tried an update to 10.5.8 and lost sound again -- we're working on getting that back up and working, so you may want to hold of installing that from ASU until we can figure out what's going on.

I know this guide had its issues -- and I thank everyone who's been working with it for their patience.

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i will write a short summary as soon as i'm home again about how i managed to get my sound back. but as you can see in my privous post, i only have stereo output, mic input and digital out. no analog 7.1

I have been struggling with the mDNSResponder issue myself. Did getting the official realtek kext fix this issue?

I've also wondered about the hardware address for the NIC. Did you need to edit that at all?

i dunno exactly how i fixed this :-/ it was to many try and error.
no didn't need to add the nic-address on my own. first time i thought that the network-driver where the problem but this was wrong. it was my efi-string and the NVDAResman.kext (see my privous post)

gecko

gecko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Yea, vanilla is the only way to go. I'm still not certain why sound is a little finicky. I'm leaning toward possible issues with Chameleon at the moment.

I've discovered that if you install Chameleon a few times until you start seeing -1's or -2's in the /Extra/Extensions folder then sound will work after you rebuild Extensions.mkext via:

[codebox]kextcache -a i386 -m /Volumes/drive/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/drive/Extra/Extensions/[/codebox]

However, I've also discovered that you need to be booted up off a different drive than the one you are rebuilding the extensions.mkext on.

I just don't get it....

1. why does reinstalling chameleon 2-3 times (creating dups in /Extra/Extensions) make sound work?
2. why do i have to be booted off a different drive to rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext ?

Thoughts?

rule83

rule83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi everyone, I'd like to join in on this thread.

At first, I'd like to thank the guys who made this new guide; I've been looking for something like this for a long time, since I've been struggling with the installation for quite a while now.

I tried to follow the guide's steps precisely and I worked from a different retail install on an external USB HDD. I installed on this usb drive using a boo132 disk with the modbin kernel. I couldn't patch my DSDT this way, but the installation seemed fine enough to work from.

I followed every step in the guide and everything seemed to install correctly. When I rebooted though, I couldn't boot into Leopard. Verbose mode showed me I got stuck at the same point as where some other users got stuck:

mDNSResponder[23]: Couldn't read ... etc. etc.

As I said, I followed the guide precisely; I didn't skip any part, but I also didn't do anything else. Later in this thread, I read something about rebuilding the Extensions.mkext. I tried to do this using the commands posted in this thread's posts, but it seems to fail. Could this be the problem? What should I do now?

Some extra info:
- Asus P6T-SE BIOS Version 0403
- Intel i7 920
- ATI Radeon HD3650
- 6 GB DDR3
- SATA DVD drive

I installed with a copy of a retail Leopard 10.5. I got my 'work' installation with this copy as well, so it seems to be fine. I don't think I need the onboard sound working, because I have a external USB audio interface for which MAC drivers are available.

Hope someone can help me; thanks in advance and thanks again for this great thread.

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
did you get this message when you boot up in verbose mode?
what extensions did you use in your /Extra/Extensions - folder? what boot-loader did you installed? chameleon rc2?

rule83

rule83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

did you get this message when you boot up in verbose mode?
what extensions did you use in your /Extra/Extensions - folder? what boot-loader did you installed? chameleon rc2?

Yes I got that message, but it's not the last message before it hangs. The last line I see is the "mDNSResponder[23]: Couldn't read..." line.

At first I added dsmos.kext and disabler.kext from the GA-EX58-UD5 package mentioned in the guide. Later I replaced these with the ones in the zip file that absolutenot attached to post #10 in this thread. I added all kexts from this zip file except for the ones for audio (since I think I don't need them).

I did install Chameleon 2 RC 2. When I boot I get to the Chameleon Bootloader and I can choose between my different drives. When I boot in Verbose I can also see that the driver for my graphics card is loaded (I installed a natit package), so that part seems to work.

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
dunno - can you use efi-strings with your ati-graphics?
when your system stops after the ocspd message, than you XXHTResman.kext and your driver stay in conflict with each other.

rule83

rule83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well on my 'work install' I just installed the .pkg for my graphics card and when I rebooted it just worked. I didn't manually add efi strings.

While installing on my target (internal) HDD I just ran the .pkg installer again and selected my internal hdd as target drive. I've never added efi strings.

When booting my work install, I get the "mDNSResponder[23]: Couldn't read..." line several times as well, but it passes them and just boots eventually. Guess I should look further. Thanks anyway!

absolutenot

absolutenot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Looks like we've found what looks like a solution to the kext rebuilding issues we've been having with Audio.

It seems that by adding a couple of kexts to the contents/plugins folder of AppleHDA.kext in the /e/e folder, audio will work without all of the extra copies of the kexts from applehda.kext as described in my last post.

We've gotten it working on two machines so far, and I'll test it tonight on my machine at home. If all goes well, then I'll post an updated AppleHDA.kext with the fix, along with a copy of my current extensions folder after the fix. After this fix, 10.5.8 installs just fine off of ASU with no loss of sound.

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

well on my 'work install' I just installed the .pkg for my graphics card and when I rebooted it just worked. I didn't manually add efi strings.

While installing on my target (internal) HDD I just ran the .pkg installer again and selected my internal hdd as target drive. I've never added efi strings.

When booting my work install, I get the "mDNSResponder[23]: Couldn't read..." line several times as well, but it passes them and just boots eventually. Guess I should look further. Thanks anyway!

yes because the mdnsresponder dont hold your system. it is the ocspd message. remove your graphics-driver and boot into vesa mode. this should work. delete every injector etc. and try to use efi-strings when you figured out how to boot into your original os x installation through the vesa-mode.

absolutenot

absolutenot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
OK... I've tested our revised applehda kext and it worked just fine at home. We've also made some changes to our com.apple.boot.plist that seems to have resolved an issue with Time Machine.

Our com.apple.boot.plist now reads as follows:
(note -- we're using the chameleon built in graphics injection -- on nVidia 9600GT cards... if you're using something that Chameleon doesn't support, dont' use the GraphicsEnabler key. This may cause some problems if you're using a separate EFI string -- using your own string and the chameleon options don't seem to play well together.

[codebox]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
[/codebox]

The EthernetBuiltIn key fixes the time machine issues.

Audio --

gecko put a lot of time into figuring this out -- it appears there needs to be a couple of extra kexts copied into the AppleHDA.kext that we've been using for it to work properly when used with Chameleon 2 in the /e/e folder.

So after cleaning out all of the extra kexts, we're left with the following in the /extra/extensions

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 AHCIPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 ATAPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 11 20:07 AppleHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 Disabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 11 20:07 HDAEnabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 JMicronATAInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 OpenHaltRestart.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 dsmos.kext

I'm attaching a zip file of my /extra/extensions folder. Within it is the revised AppleHDA.kext that I've been talking about. Apply the changes, rebuild your /e/extensions.mkext file, and let er rip. It no longer matters which drive you rebuild the kextcache on.

I'll be revising my previous posts to reference this setup. It's not nearly as temperamental about the audio as what we've been dealing with so far.

Attached Files

cbeausoleil

cbeausoleil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry for being a noob. This is my 1st attempt at doing this and this is the 1st thread I've seen that almost matches my setup identically. I've built this system 2 months ago and have been dying to get this set up but wasn't 100% sure of what to do. This the the closest I've been to my dream Mac. Also, if you can, please let me know if there may be anything I should be concerned about based on my current setup.

This is all I have left to do before I boot up (I hope):

My questions are:
1. What does this mean in #7? (755, and root:wheel)
2. How do I rebuild the Extensions.mkext file in #8?

Case: Ultra m923 ATX Mid-Tower
Motherboard: Asus P6T, Chipset x58
Processor: Intel Core i7 920
RAM: 6x (12GB) Patriot Memory PC3-10666 1333MHz 3GB DDR3
GPU: nVidia Galaxy GeForce 9500 Series 512MB 128Bit DDR2
Power Supply: Coolmax 750W
HDD1: 500GB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM (will be running Mac OSX)
HDD2: 1.5TB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM (Holding archive data)
HDD3: 750GB SATA ??? 7200RPM (Running Ubuntu Studio)
HDD4: 120GB SATA (2.5") ??? 4500RPM - (Currently Running Windows XP SP3)
Optical Drive1: Pioneer DVR-106D DL DVD Burner
Optical Drive2: Hitachi GD-7000 SL DVD Reader

absolutenot

absolutenot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Sorry for being a noob. This is my 1st attempt at doing this and this is the 1st thread I've seen that almost matches my setup identically. I've built this system 2 months ago and have been dying to get this set up but wasn't 100% sure of what to do. This the the closest I've been to my dream Mac. Also, if you can, please let me know if there may be anything I should be concerned about based on my current setup.

This is all I have left to do before I boot up (I hope):

My questions are:
1. What does this mean in #7? (755, and root:wheel)
2. How do I rebuild the Extensions.mkext file in #8?

Here's a little bit of the why --

For the system to load kexts at bootup -- they have to be cached. The cache file is Extensions.mkext. In order for the kernel to be able to load these files, the ownership and permissions on these files has to be set appropriately.
root:wheel is the user/group that the system uses to load these kexts.

permissions on the extensions folder in extra need to be set to 755. Without going too deeply into what that means in unix filesystems, here are the commands you'll need to run...

In Terminal:

sudo -s
<enter password when prompted>
cd <path to your extra folder>
chmod -R 755 Extensions <-- this sets correct permissions on everything in the extra/extensions folder on your target drive
chown -R root:wheel Extensions <-- this sets correct file ownership on everything in the extra/extensions folder on your target drive

to rebuild the extensions.mkext in the /extra folder --
run as root, from the Extra folder
kextcache -a i386 -m ./Extensions.mkext ./Extensions

For the standard P6T motherboard, You'll need a different AppleHDA and HDAEnabler kexts. Actually, I stand corrected -- The standard P6T does seem to have the same sound, so just follow the guide and you should be ok.

dacheat

dacheat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Guys. I'm running the same board (P6T non-deluxe) and do not have sound after upgrading to 10.5.8. I have installed the updated kext's, done the permissions and ownership changes and still no sound.

----
Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x10438357
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices
----

My machine has been blazing fast and running perfectly until the change to 10.5.8.

----
A bit more information.. I've found that DigitalDreamer's install script to be amazing; that's how I got the thing running in the first place. After some thorough testing I have found that I only need the following kext's for a nice stable, fully working install. I'd really like to get sound back.. any help would be appreciated.

drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 12 16:39 AppleHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 8 08:59 Disabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Jun 10 18:00 HDAEnabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 7 22:49 LegacyJMicronATASATAIDE.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 7 22:49 LegacyJMicronJMB36xSATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 May 18 07:55 OpenHaltRestart.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 7 22:49 dsmos.kext

cbeausoleil

cbeausoleil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Here's what we did:

Followed instructions to chown and chmod. Had to enable ownership by using /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a.

Then ran kextcache as shown below. Seems to work but lots of warnings. Not sure how big a deal it is.

Comments?

Note attempt to boot gets stuck at startup screen with apple logo. Ideas?

bash-3.2# pwd
/Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra
bash-3.2# ls -lart Extensions
total 16
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 dsmos.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 OpenHaltRestart.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 JMicronATAInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 Disabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 ATAPortInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 AHCIPortInjector.kext
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 6148 11 Aug 22:07 .DS_Store
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 11 Aug 22:10 HDAEnabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 11 Aug 22:10 AppleHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x 12 root wheel 408 11 Aug 22:12 .
drwxr-xr-x+ 7 root admin 238 12 Aug 20:47 ..

bash-3.2# kextcache -a i386 -m ./Extensions.mkext ./Extensions
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAudioFamily.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OSvKernDSPLib.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/Disabler.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/dsmos.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Case: Ultra m923 ATX Mid-Tower
Motherboard: Asus P6T, Chipset x58
Processor: Intel Core i7 920
RAM: 6x2GB (12GB ttl) Patriot Memory PC3-10666 1333MHz 3GB DDR3
GPU: nVidia Galaxy GeForce 9500 Series 512MB 128Bit DDR2
Power Supply: Coolmax 750W
HDD1: 500GB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM (will be running Mac OSX)
HDD2: 1.5TB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM (Holding archive data)
HDD3: 750GB SATA ??? 7200RPM (Running Ubuntu Studio)
HDD4: 120GB SATA (2.5") ??? 4500RPM - (Currently Running Windows XP SP3)
Optical Drive1: Pioneer DVR-106D DL DVD Burner
Optical Drive2: Hitachi GD-7000 SL DVD Reader

dacheat

dacheat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Ok.. WOW.. this is really interesting. First off.. sound is working now on 10.5.8. How did I fix it? Well... I followed the instructions.. specifically the part where you have to have the kext's in /Extra/Extensions. I have been using what I thought was the correct directory /Extra/Stored_Kexts for storing all of my extensions. I believe this comes from the Digital_Dreamer installer.

Can someone point me to an explanation as to why placing the kext's in /Extra/Extensions vs /Extra/Stored_Kexts makes a difference? To get this working I had to manually create the /Extra/Extensions directory.. copy all of my /Extra/Stored_Kexts files over and run the commands from there. I had been running them from Stored_Kexts.. got the EXACT same errors, changed perms and ownership etc and it failed to work??

I've been using UNIX for 10 years now.. there has to be a proper explanation for this? Please let me know.

Thanks to the guys who figured this out and continue to support the P6T!!!
:thumbsup_anim:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy