[Guide] Asus P6T SE Retail Vanilla w/ Chameleon -- 100% working

absolutenot

78 posts in this topic

i will write a short summary as soon as i'm home again about how i managed to get my sound back. but as you can see in my privous post, i only have stereo output, mic input and digital out. no analog 7.1

I have been struggling with the mDNSResponder issue myself. Did getting the official realtek kext fix this issue?

I've also wondered about the hardware address for the NIC. Did you need to edit that at all?

i dunno exactly how i fixed this :-/ it was to many try and error.

no didn't need to add the nic-address on my own. first time i thought that the network-driver where the problem but this was wrong. it was my efi-string and the NVDAResman.kext (see my privous post)

Yea, vanilla is the only way to go. I'm still not certain why sound is a little finicky. I'm leaning toward possible issues with Chameleon at the moment.

I've discovered that if you install Chameleon a few times until you start seeing -1's or -2's in the /Extra/Extensions folder then sound will work after you rebuild Extensions.mkext via:

kextcache -a i386 -m /Volumes/drive/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/drive/Extra/Extensions/

However, I've also discovered that you need to be booted up off a different drive than the one you are rebuilding the extensions.mkext on.

I just don't get it....

1. why does reinstalling chameleon 2-3 times (creating dups in /Extra/Extensions) make sound work?

2. why do i have to be booted off a different drive to rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext ?

Thoughts?

Hi everyone, I'd like to join in on this thread.

At first, I'd like to thank the guys who made this new guide; I've been looking for something like this for a long time, since I've been struggling with the installation for quite a while now.

I tried to follow the guide's steps precisely and I worked from a different retail install on an external USB HDD. I installed on this usb drive using a boo132 disk with the modbin kernel. I couldn't patch my DSDT this way, but the installation seemed fine enough to work from.

I followed every step in the guide and everything seemed to install correctly. When I rebooted though, I couldn't boot into Leopard. Verbose mode showed me I got stuck at the same point as where some other users got stuck:

mDNSResponder[23]: Couldn't read ... etc. etc.

As I said, I followed the guide precisely; I didn't skip any part, but I also didn't do anything else. Later in this thread, I read something about rebuilding the Extensions.mkext. I tried to do this using the commands posted in this thread's posts, but it seems to fail. Could this be the problem? What should I do now?

Some extra info:

- Asus P6T-SE BIOS Version 0403

- Intel i7 920

- ATI Radeon HD3650

- 6 GB DDR3

- SATA DVD drive

I installed with a copy of a retail Leopard 10.5. I got my 'work' installation with this copy as well, so it seems to be fine. I don't think I need the onboard sound working, because I have a external USB audio interface for which MAC drivers are available.

Hope someone can help me; thanks in advance and thanks again for this great thread.

/usr/sbin/ocspd[xx]: starting

did you get this message when you boot up in verbose mode?

what extensions did you use in your /Extra/Extensions - folder? what boot-loader did you installed? chameleon rc2?

Yes I got that message, but it's not the last message before it hangs. The last line I see is the "mDNSResponder[23]: Couldn't read..." line.

At first I added dsmos.kext and disabler.kext from the GA-EX58-UD5 package mentioned in the guide. Later I replaced these with the ones in the zip file that absolutenot attached to post #10 in this thread. I added all kexts from this zip file except for the ones for audio (since I think I don't need them).

I did install Chameleon 2 RC 2. When I boot I get to the Chameleon Bootloader and I can choose between my different drives. When I boot in Verbose I can also see that the driver for my graphics card is loaded (I installed a natit package), so that part seems to work.

well on my 'work install' I just installed the .pkg for my graphics card and when I rebooted it just worked. I didn't manually add efi strings.

While installing on my target (internal) HDD I just ran the .pkg installer again and selected my internal hdd as target drive. I've never added efi strings.

When booting my work install, I get the "mDNSResponder[23]: Couldn't read..." line several times as well, but it passes them and just boots eventually. Guess I should look further. Thanks anyway!

Looks like we've found what looks like a solution to the kext rebuilding issues we've been having with Audio.

It seems that by adding a couple of kexts to the contents/plugins folder of AppleHDA.kext in the /e/e folder, audio will work without all of the extra copies of the kexts from applehda.kext as described in my last post.

We've gotten it working on two machines so far, and I'll test it tonight on my machine at home. If all goes well, then I'll post an updated AppleHDA.kext with the fix, along with a copy of my current extensions folder after the fix. After this fix, 10.5.8 installs just fine off of ASU with no loss of sound.

well on my 'work install' I just installed the .pkg for my graphics card and when I rebooted it just worked. I didn't manually add efi strings.

While installing on my target (internal) HDD I just ran the .pkg installer again and selected my internal hdd as target drive. I've never added efi strings.

When booting my work install, I get the "mDNSResponder[23]: Couldn't read..." line several times as well, but it passes them and just boots eventually. Guess I should look further. Thanks anyway!

yes because the mdnsresponder dont hold your system. it is the ocspd message. remove your graphics-driver and boot into vesa mode. this should work. delete every injector etc. and try to use efi-strings when you figured out how to boot into your original os x installation through the vesa-mode.

OK... I've tested our revised applehda kext and it worked just fine at home. We've also made some changes to our com.apple.boot.plist that seems to have resolved an issue with Time Machine.

Our com.apple.boot.plist now reads as follows:

(note -- we're using the chameleon built in graphics injection -- on nVidia 9600GT cards... if you're using something that Chameleon doesn't support, dont' use the GraphicsEnabler key. This may cause some problems if you're using a separate EFI string -- using your own string and the chameleon options don't seem to play well together.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The EthernetBuiltIn key fixes the time machine issues.

Audio --

gecko put a lot of time into figuring this out -- it appears there needs to be a couple of extra kexts copied into the AppleHDA.kext that we've been using for it to work properly when used with Chameleon 2 in the /e/e folder.

So after cleaning out all of the extra kexts, we're left with the following in the /extra/extensions

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 AHCIPortInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 ATAPortInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 11 20:07 AppleHDA.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 Disabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 11 20:07 HDAEnabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 JMicronATAInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 OpenHaltRestart.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 dsmos.kext

I'm attaching a zip file of my /extra/extensions folder. Within it is the revised AppleHDA.kext that I've been talking about. Apply the changes, rebuild your /e/extensions.mkext file, and let er rip. It no longer matters which drive you rebuild the kextcache on.

I'll be revising my previous posts to reference this setup. It's not nearly as temperamental about the audio as what we've been dealing with so far.

Extensions.zip

Sorry for being a noob. This is my 1st attempt at doing this and this is the 1st thread I've seen that almost matches my setup identically. I've built this system 2 months ago and have been dying to get this set up but wasn't 100% sure of what to do. This the the closest I've been to my dream Mac. Also, if you can, please let me know if there may be anything I should be concerned about based on my current setup.

This is all I have left to do before I boot up (I hope):

My questions are:

1. What does this mean in #7? (755, and root:wheel)

2. How do I rebuild the Extensions.mkext file in #8?

Case: Ultra m923 ATX Mid-Tower

Motherboard: Asus P6T, Chipset x58

Processor: Intel Core i7 920

RAM: 6x (12GB) Patriot Memory PC3-10666 1333MHz 3GB DDR3

GPU: nVidia Galaxy GeForce 9500 Series 512MB 128Bit DDR2

Power Supply: Coolmax 750W

HDD1: 500GB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM (will be running Mac OSX)

HDD2: 1.5TB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM (Holding archive data)

HDD3: 750GB SATA ??? 7200RPM (Running Ubuntu Studio)

HDD4: 120GB SATA (2.5") ??? 4500RPM - (Currently Running Windows XP SP3)

Optical Drive1: Pioneer DVR-106D DL DVD Burner

Optical Drive2: Hitachi GD-7000 SL DVD Reader

Sorry for being a noob. This is my 1st attempt at doing this and this is the 1st thread I've seen that almost matches my setup identically. I've built this system 2 months ago and have been dying to get this set up but wasn't 100% sure of what to do. This the the closest I've been to my dream Mac. Also, if you can, please let me know if there may be anything I should be concerned about based on my current setup.

This is all I have left to do before I boot up (I hope):

My questions are:

1. What does this mean in #7? (755, and root:wheel)

2. How do I rebuild the Extensions.mkext file in #8?

Here's a little bit of the why --

For the system to load kexts at bootup -- they have to be cached. The cache file is Extensions.mkext. In order for the kernel to be able to load these files, the ownership and permissions on these files has to be set appropriately.

root:wheel is the user/group that the system uses to load these kexts.

permissions on the extensions folder in extra need to be set to 755. Without going too deeply into what that means in unix filesystems, here are the commands you'll need to run...

In Terminal:

sudo -s

<enter password when prompted>

cd <path to your extra folder>

chmod -R 755 Extensions <-- this sets correct permissions on everything in the extra/extensions folder on your target drive

chown -R root:wheel Extensions <-- this sets correct file ownership on everything in the extra/extensions folder on your target drive

to rebuild the extensions.mkext in the /extra folder --

run as root, from the Extra folder

kextcache -a i386 -m ./Extensions.mkext ./Extensions

For the standard P6T motherboard, You'll need a different AppleHDA and HDAEnabler kexts. Actually, I stand corrected -- The standard P6T does seem to have the same sound, so just follow the guide and you should be ok.

Guys. I'm running the same board (P6T non-deluxe) and do not have sound after upgrading to 10.5.8. I have installed the updated kext's, done the permissions and ownership changes and still no sound.

----

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x10438357

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices

----

My machine has been blazing fast and running perfectly until the change to 10.5.8.

----

A bit more information.. I've found that DigitalDreamer's install script to be amazing; that's how I got the thing running in the first place. After some thorough testing I have found that I only need the following kext's for a nice stable, fully working install. I'd really like to get sound back.. any help would be appreciated.

drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 12 16:39 AppleHDA.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Aug 8 08:59 Disabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Jun 10 18:00 HDAEnabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 7 22:49 LegacyJMicronATASATAIDE.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 7 22:49 LegacyJMicronJMB36xSATA.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 May 18 07:55 OpenHaltRestart.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 7 22:49 dsmos.kext

Here's what we did:

Followed instructions to chown and chmod. Had to enable ownership by using /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a.

Then ran kextcache as shown below. Seems to work but lots of warnings. Not sure how big a deal it is.

Comments?

Note attempt to boot gets stuck at startup screen with apple logo. Ideas?

bash-3.2# pwd

/Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra

bash-3.2# ls -lart Extensions

total 16

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 dsmos.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 OpenHaltRestart.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 JMicronATAInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 Disabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 ATAPortInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 6 Jan 2002 AHCIPortInjector.kext

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 6148 11 Aug 22:07 .DS_Store

drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 11 Aug 22:10 HDAEnabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 11 Aug 22:10 AppleHDA.kext

drwxr-xr-x 12 root wheel 408 11 Aug 22:12 .

drwxr-xr-x+ 7 root admin 238 12 Aug 20:47 ..

bash-3.2# kextcache -a i386 -m ./Extensions.mkext ./Extensions

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAudioFamily.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OSvKernDSPLib.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/Disabler.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/dsmos.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

warning: kernel extension /Volumes/Mac OS86/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Case: Ultra m923 ATX Mid-Tower

Motherboard: Asus P6T, Chipset x58

Processor: Intel Core i7 920

RAM: 6x2GB (12GB ttl) Patriot Memory PC3-10666 1333MHz 3GB DDR3

GPU: nVidia Galaxy GeForce 9500 Series 512MB 128Bit DDR2

Power Supply: Coolmax 750W

HDD1: 500GB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM (will be running Mac OSX)

HDD2: 1.5TB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM (Holding archive data)

HDD3: 750GB SATA ??? 7200RPM (Running Ubuntu Studio)

HDD4: 120GB SATA (2.5") ??? 4500RPM - (Currently Running Windows XP SP3)

Optical Drive1: Pioneer DVR-106D DL DVD Burner

Optical Drive2: Hitachi GD-7000 SL DVD Reader

Ok.. WOW.. this is really interesting. First off.. sound is working now on 10.5.8. How did I fix it? Well... I followed the instructions.. specifically the part where you have to have the kext's in /Extra/Extensions. I have been using what I thought was the correct directory /Extra/Stored_Kexts for storing all of my extensions. I believe this comes from the Digital_Dreamer installer.

Can someone point me to an explanation as to why placing the kext's in /Extra/Extensions vs /Extra/Stored_Kexts makes a difference? To get this working I had to manually create the /Extra/Extensions directory.. copy all of my /Extra/Stored_Kexts files over and run the commands from there. I had been running them from Stored_Kexts.. got the EXACT same errors, changed perms and ownership etc and it failed to work??

I've been using UNIX for 10 years now.. there has to be a proper explanation for this? Please let me know.

Thanks to the guys who figured this out and continue to support the P6T!!!

:thumbsup_anim:

OK, I just had the whole thing working, now I may have {censored}ed it up again. Whatevs.

Anyway, my DSDT.aml is all set, as is everything except my video kext. I have a HD4870 512MB.

I just installed the kexts from the 4830/4850/4870 thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477

I extract the kexts using pacifist and then put them in the /E/E folder and repaired permissions/ownership.

Now, the computer will not boot in safe mode, or anything.

I assume this is the Cham 2 bootloader interfering because of the built in video that I was suppose to change in my plist. When I change that I will be all set, right?

So, here are my questions:

Anyone else have a 4870 they have fully configured?

Also, when I attempt to rebuild the extension on the p6T HDD from my working hackintosh it is no go. Currently I am :

cd to /Extra on the P6T HDD

issue the rebuild command (no new file is created)

Is there another line I need in order to set the P6T HDD as root ?

I ask because I was hoping to just take those 2 ATI kexts out, rebuild, then use my GeForce 7200GS to edit the plist, get the proper kexts installed again, then shut down and plug in the HD4870.

previously I just disabled HT and 3 cores and did the DSDT/extensions.mkext during the first boot.

Thanks for the guide btw, its great!

I noticed that Digital Dreamer's installer was using /extra/stored_kexts as well when I first started. I noticed in some of the documentation that /extra/extensions seemed to be the place that other people were using, so I changed digital dreamer's script to work with /extra/extensions. I only used that guide as loose idea since I knew there'd be incompatible kexts involved.

As soon as I got off of Boot-132, I've been using /e/e ever since.

As far as the ATI issue --

Are you using an EFI string? If so, you'll need to disable the GraphicsEnabler in the info.plist example I gave back in post #35. We've found that if you use GraphicsEnabler, it messes with any other EFI strings that you use. The same may hold true for EthernetBuiltIn. I'd try removing those two items in the /extra/com.apple.boot.plist and see if that gets your graphics back. If that does work, you may need to find another way to inject you graphics if you want to use Time Machine.

~absolutenot

Hi guys

i need your help

ive managed to install it (retail) and chameleon v2 but it wont boot

it only boot with the boot132cd (i got from p6t {not the SE} topic) but my cpu is always at 100% and after 5 minutes it freezes and i need to do hard restart

ive already deleted AppleIntelCPU kext

need your help guys

thanks

and 80% of the time this error appears

USBF: 1.321 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Has anyone tried using iDeneb 1.5.1 and managed to successfully boot it? It installs the retail system with a few very common patches for OS X. So far I haven't had any luck with it...mostly random kernel panics that are different each time I reinstall. Currently I'm stuck on a wall of text from booting with the -v flag...some garbage about mDNSResponder. I'm not sure if I should just sit and wait it out or what to do.

Anyway if someone has successfully installed would you mind posting BIOS settings and what fixes you used. I'm only trying the bare minimum right now--ICHx patch, JMicron, Chameleon. The less the better as far as I'm concerned. Or at least until I hear otherwise. I guess I'll just keep trying and see if I can't find a combo that works. It sure would be great to get this running on my new i7 rig. It worked great with my P5K-E.

Hi guys

i need your help

ive managed to install it (retail) and chameleon v2 but it wont boot

it only boot with the boot132cd (i got from p6t {not the SE} topic) but my cpu is always at 100% and after 5 minutes it freezes and i need to do hard restart

ive already deleted AppleIntelCPU kext

need your help guys

thanks

and 80% of the time this error appears

USBF: 1.321 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

The only time I've had issue with a hang on boot is when there was a permissions issue on my /extra folder.

The CPU usage is a side-effect of Boot-132 with no DSDT. The first install when I was using boot-132 was murder until I got my dsdt.aml file created and in place.

My advice would be to double-check everything in your extra folder -- make sure you have your DSDT, make sure all of the kexts you need match what has been posted in this thread, and double-check your ownership/permissions on the extensions folder... everything in there needs to be root:wheel and 755. delete and rebuild your /extras/Extensions.mkext again for good measure. My theory is that your issue lies in one of these items.

You may consider stripping it down to only the kexts that are needed to boot the OS, with no concerns towards audio or QE until you can figure out what's going on... the kexts that I found were the bare minimum you need are:

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 AHCIPortInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 ATAPortInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 Disabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 JMicronATAInjector.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Aug 11 20:07 dsmos.kext

Try clearning out all but those, rebuilding your /extra/Extensions.mkext, and see if you can boot. If so -- then start building back up from there -- all that was extra in the guide was OpenHaltRestart, HDAEnabler, and AppleHDA

its working!!! =D

thanks!!!

Dont know if you can help me...

Im trying to find seatbelt.kext from 10.5.7 (im using kernel 9.7 made for i7 i think)

my sound is not working, i think chameleon is not loading extensions on the efi partition i found yesterday the Extra folder on / i deleted it but dont know if its loading the extensions...

And im on 10.5.6 and i want to update any tips?

I am having problems =/

I am using the kext package from after the audio situation was worked out. I do a retail install using the script installer, followed by 10.5.7, then RC2, then copy the kexts in, and a dsdt.aml from when I previously had this motherboard working.

I then set 755 and root:wheel to the Extra folder and the Extensions folder and verified that all files in both folders had root:wheel set by using ls -l.

I then get the seemingly common mDNSresponder [22] error. That repeats 4-5 times and hangs the boot process. I am pretty sure the DSDT file is correct since I checked it again using iAML and verifying that the alias lines are all removed.

I have not modified my plist at all because I am using a HD4870 and there is no 100% successful string for it yet.

I assume that it is my video that is causing the lack of boot, but I am quite quite open to suggestions. I have tried to use a EFI string with a 9600GSO 384MB that I have lying around, but that did not seem to work either. Same hangup on boot.

I have also tried to install the .pkg installers for the HD4870 through my working Mac (different hack completely) onto the target i7 drive, but that did not change the verbose mode hangs either.

Is there a way to boot in -x mode with Chameleon RC2? I only see verbose, force, and single user.

I have also tried to boot with HT disabled, one core enabled. No cigar--same error.

What else can I do?

EDIT

Another fresh install and disabling HT and 3 of the cores and I can get past that point, I freeze right before the video card is initialized, so I guess I will add in the 9600GSO plist and see if I can limp into the desktop with 1 core running.

I guess my previous DSDT was bad, even though it was working for the motherboard earlier. All I have done is changed video cards (I had a GeForce 7300GS 256 in there previously). Would changing the video card render my DSDT no good?

EDIT x2

switched SATA ports the main HDD was plugged into on the motherboard and it booted up? err..I wont complain?

Hardware:

i7 920

asus p6t (vanilla)

BIOS 403

6GB DDR3-1600

HD4870 512MB reference design