iDeneb v1.5.1 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

114 posts in this topic

Nice release , tested it on my laptop and I'm having a couple of problems

I've installed the seatbelt.kext but I still get KP on some .dmg files

Also when on battery laptop goes automaticaly to sleep every 5 seconds ?!

Using Qoopz 9.7.0 with only 2 fixes - seatbelt and voodoobattery

Pentium M 1.8Ghz MMX SSE SSE2

chipset Mobile Intel Alviso-G i915GM

video Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family ( 128 MB )

hd 100Gb Toshiba mk1031gas - ultra-ATA/100

Tried AnV 9.6.0 - same .dmg mounting KP

... No mapping exists for frame pointer

Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0xb000809c8

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.security.seatbelt(107.10)@0x1b0d4000->0x1b0ebfff

Ok, the IDE/AHCI bios switch trick is working and I could install it. But now the "orange/external drive icons" issue is back. iDeneb 1.4 had a fix to slove it.

I have used "ICHfixed" driver. Anythig else to install to slove this?

BTW: If you make a patch for this release, try to add the "Mac OS X Dualboot Timefix" too.

ok , managed to sort it out - seatbelt.kext works only with voodoo 9.5.0 on this machine

As for the redundant autosleep problem , it appears after scheduling an autowake event ( Library/Preferences/System Configuration/com.apple.AutoWake.plist .

Other than that - battery charge percentage works fine , estimated time remaining is showing random digits ( battery management was working flawlessly on same machine/10.5.6 )

My apologize for my english. Ideneb 1.5 do not recognize my HD I have three of them. I can not change at IDE because my motherboard not allow the option, instead I disabled the sata option and the error "Failed to load extension com. apple.iokit.IOAHCI BLOCK STORAGE has dissapear, but do not still recognize the HDD. I tried to format the HD whit Ideneb 1.4 and work perfectlly I can make the format (MAC Jornaled) but do not still recognize the HDD into v1.5 I don't know why.

My specifications:

Motherboard Asus M3N78-VM

Athlon quad core 64 bit

3 HDD sata II

Any suggestion?

Hi, I have a EVGS 8600 GTS that worked great with Ideneb 1.3 and somewhat with 1.4. Decided to upgrade (new install) with 1.5. Would not go into the install screen with the basic -v. I had to use

-v -x (safe mode) to get into th einstall screen. From there I selected everything and install succeeded. When I reboot, all I get is a either a blank screen or blue one with the curser. I tried differt kernels and with -x with no luck. I thing the problem is my GPU (8600 gts 512). Any suggentions? Tried various distributions with various results but the Ideneb (especially 1.3) distro seem to be the best for me. Need 1.4 for Safari 4 and iWorks to work.

Thanks in advance..

Specs:

-MSI DKA790GX Platinum MB

- AMD Phenom II 940

- 8 gig memory

- 250 Sata drive

- sata DVD

- EVGS 8600 GTS 512

Thanks

Matt

Hello

Tried on a Asus EEEPC 900HA with selection of Netbook/EEEPC only for installation. On first boot USB keyboard and mouse are needed but PS2 mouse and keyboard works ok after that.

The results are the following:

- video works OOB with QE and Core Image. It is because a dsdt.aml is included, without it there is no video and the screen stays blue

- sound works but stutters

- battery doesn't work

- it doesn't shutdown, sleep hangs the computer, not stable

(and I confirm that Chameleon 1.012 is broken as package is missing but 2 works)

This is mostly due to the dsdt.aml which doesn't suit my EEE PC (which is not surprising because even with same models of EEEPC the dsdt can be different), which leads to various ACPI problems.

Removing the dsdt.aml needs adding natit.kext, and perhaps AppleSMBios and ClamshellDisplay (my bios was 803 modded already) and this corrects:

- shutdown sleep battery

Still, deep sleep don't work and I have a very strange network error going to afp:// returns error that it is not a recognized url (whereas vnc:// works), perhaps a leftover from ralink ? (I have a broadcom wifi card). I'm investigating this.

After trying at least 20 distributions on many laptops, the only one so far which is rock solid for me was iAtkos 1.0i r2 (rock solid means 6 months without kernel panic ever).

Edit: Fixed the network error with

sudo rm /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

So only deep sleep problem left to solve and usage to check stability :)

For all the people having problems with the battery manager I suggest deleting voodoobattery.kext .

Extract and install AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext instead from iDeneb v1.4 .

Thanks for the distro , everything is working smoothly now

i installed ideneb v1.5 10.5.7 on my eee pc 10.5.7

there were three major problems

1) no battery icon. I did fix it some how but i forgot. But even when i fixed it, i can only see the percentage but not the time :wacko:

2) no brightness control. I tried a few different kexts, but no luck.

3) bluetooth crashes when i tried to connect it to my phone. I didn't try fixing this yet.

if anyone finds a fix, please help me!!

I am trying to install this on Acer Aspire one. When I get to account creation, the keyboard just types in random characters. Only the external keyboard/mouse works, onboard do not. I installed it with just the acer option under netbook checked.

Please help in what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

I get a constant rebooting when trying to load the install disc. Tried using "cpus=1" and "cpus=1;" with no success. Any ideas? I think I should mention I'm using an x58 chipset and a gtx275. Also I tried booting using -x, -s, ahci on, ahci off, hpet on/off, virtualization on/off etc. etc.

I would really love to get this OS running on my core i7. Thanks!

Works great with Qoopz Kernel & new stuff on my AMD machine ^^.

And (for the ones asking) iDenebApp.mpkg is the installer for the extra apps that usually were in the iDeneb App folder.

Too bad that (I dunno why) I don't have my eject button on the menu bar anymore. And I can't open the tray with F12. I hope this will get fixed in the 1.5.1 release... (gee, will I have to make a clean install again? because I usually Zero Out data and it takes really a lot of time over & over again ;)) ).

Ah, the specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ @ 2.71 GHz

2 GB RAM DDR2 @ 667MHz

Nvidia GeForce 7200GS 256MB

sound onboard (no microphone in iDeneb, {censored}...) - Realtek HD Audio thingy

320 GB 7200rpm HDD (Western Digital blah-blah)

aaand a standard DVD-RW 16x ^^

*rises hand* Doc, I want my Eject hotkey back O.o...

HELP BIOS settings FOR RAMPAGE EXTREME II, I too have loaded ideneb 10.5.5 on my PC, (ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME II AND i7920... i finally got it to find the harddrive where I loaded mac Ideneb on (HOW YOU ASK?= After mac install on a formated extended journed Separate hardrive, I immediately opened the terminal from the install menu before reboot! and typed "fdisk -e/dev/rdisk2s2".....the 2s2 was identified as the actual harddrive and partition on my computer....YOU ASK AGAIN....I found out which drive it was by typing in the termal program Immediately after insall of IDENEB "diskutil list"....which provided me the "2s2" as the mac hardrive in my computer.)

PROBLEM: It will not boot mac from the hardrive, It starts then goes to time out. :(

Also all the other programs: xxx10.5.6, IPC 10.5.6, TOHX86, KALYWAY 10.5.2, v.7, generic kernals/my retail copy of OSX, etc. :D

I have tried everything in setting up the BIOS (note: I have to change the default settings to achieve the above result....I follow simular but not the same as mine and it sometimes allows IDENEB to load)

I have read gobs of forums, But I think I need the Bios settings for my board and processor (asus extreme II + Intel i7-920) for best opperation. Screen shots would be great!

Then a simple step by step process......remember I am a Mac person, not a geek for IBM. For getting my system up and running, I will deal with the sound, 4 cores and internet later.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. thanks

I am getting a kernel-panic while installing (have chosen the Qoopz-Kernel):

vnbzvylgp595t0upks_thumb.jpg

Anybody who can help me on this?

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

4GB MDT DDR2-800 Ram

Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3

GeForce 8800 GTS

Seagate Barrcuda 250GB S-ATA II

Thanks...

Anybody who can help me on this?

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

4GB MDT DDR2-800 Ram

Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3

GeForce 8800 GTS

Seagate Barrcuda 250GB S-ATA II

Thanks...

I think that you can try to put maxmem=3072 in kernel flag

the brightness control, bluetooth problems, and missing battery icon can be fixed with the following attachment.

just install and ignore the instructions

my specs: eeepc 1000h bios revision 1103

2gb 667 ram

bcm94321

usb to internet: UE-200TX-G

!!! there is still something wrong with the wireless and you have to install "USB to ethernet kext" yourselves

I fixed the wireless somehow but i'm not sure. When i'm sure, I'll post how.

IMPORTANT: Remember to install Growl before you install the HOTKEY fix

Asus_EEE1000H___Hotkeys_Enabler.zip

AppleUSBEthernet.zip

Hi Guys , I'm trying to find the release but can't seem to locate it.

Could someone PM a link to the torrent?

MOD EDIT: This users account has been suspended for two weeks, and posting ability disabled for 60 days.

A warning to those who would ask for torrents.

Hi,

i have download it but when i try to extract the "iDeneb_v1.5_1057.zip" i get the following message:

"error: invalid compressed data to inflate"

When i try to extract the "iDenebApp.mpkg.zip" everything works fine!

Could it be that the "iDeneb_v1.5_1057.zip" is corrupt and i have to dowload it again?

I Download it twice but i the error message comes again...

Can anyone help me?