iDeneb v1.5.1 10.5.7 for Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

114 posts in this topic

Hi i have trying to install whis dist today, and i have sort of problem starting it up after reboot.

I install on my IDE disk connected to my JMicron controller.

the discwizard (spelling), find it and i can partition the disk and install OSX perfectly..

but than i reboot it's seems the system can find my root partition.

if i use -v (verbose) it stands nothing about JMicron... and my drive....

how can i fix this ?

Decided to try and install again and now for some strange reason it works! I will post up my configuration shortly but i still have one problem...Audio.

My sound card uses the ALC888 chipset and has 6 ports on the back (7.1 is the max speaker config) I have a 5.1 speaker set so i chose to install one of taruga's modded drivers from the disc. I have tried all of them and still cannot get the sound to come through all of my speakers. Any one have any insight or knowledge of getting all speakers to work it would be much appreciated.

My hardware is:

gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

Phenom 9550 2.2 Ghz

2Gb Ram

Ide DvD Rom Drive

Sata HDD 80GB

It does not detect any drives in disk utility while partitioning

I tried sata as ide & achi both

Please help, it sometimes also gets stuck at Waiting for boot device

How do I load a different kernel at the begining of the cd boot??

Pleaseee help

Hi install issues with the new iDeneb v1.5.1 10.5.7.. how ever the iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 works fine

what changed between the new version to the old one other than the 10.5.7 os update?? and the bootloader?

my system specs.

AMD 5200+

mobo Asus M2NPV-VM

2 Gig Cossair DRR 800

150 Gig WD Ide

Ati 3870

Any Help would be Great Thanks :)

I just download the updtaed version (1.5.1) and im still geting "still wating for root device", what can i ido?

Specs:

AMD 5000+

ASUS M2N-X PLus

1 SATA DVD-ROM

2 IDE HDs(1 for the mac os and the other to the time machine)

1 SATA HD

Thanks

Decided to try and install again and now for some strange reason it works! I will post up my configuration shortly but i still have one problem...Audio.

My sound card uses the ALC888 chipset and has 6 ports on the back (7.1 is the max speaker config) I have a 5.1 speaker set so i chose to install one of taruga's modded drivers from the disc. I have tried all of them and still cannot get the sound to come through all of my speakers. Any one have any insight or knowledge of getting all speakers to work it would be much appreciated.

Installed iDeneb 1.5.1

I have the same problem with ALC888. I tried a lot of things but still didn't work. No problem previously with ideneb 1.4, so I gone back to 10.5.6.

Motherboard is

Abit IP35 Pro

Thanks, but will this make all my speakers work and not just stereo (2.0) sound? Oh and another thing, has anyone else noticed a really slow boot up and shutdown time. It takes about 1-2min to boot up fully and with other distros it has never been this slow.

My Specs:

Phenom II X3 720be

Gigabyte GA-M770-UD3

4GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2

8800GT 1GB

1TB Samsung F1 (WIN7=320gb, MAC=100gb, Shared=620gb)

Onboard Ehternet

Onboard sound

Installing iDeneb 1.51 i used:

Bootloader: Chameleon v1.0.12

Fix: Mouse Lag Fix, VoodooPower

Kernel: 9.6.0 AnV ( Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 )

Audio: ALC 888 Taruga patched (6port) ----------------------------PROBLEM!

Video: NVDarwin 1024

Ehternet: Realtek R1000

Chipset: ATIATA ( 64 Bit Support )

BIOS: AppleSMBIOS 800

My two main problems are the lack of 5.1 sound and the slow startup and ahutdown time. I would welcome any help available.

Decided to give up on this distro and im now using iPC 10.5.6 updated to 10.5.7 with the iDeneb combo update. Works flawlessly....everything works including the sound. Boots up in 20secs. Seems to me that this distro is still broken.

I need a little guidance please.

I've completely installed iDeneb v1.5 and upon restarting i get chameleon loader. when i select mac os x it goes to to the grey loading splash screen. the little grey loading wheel under the apple goes round and round and then all of a sudden a small grey "no" symbol (circle with a line through it) appears in the center. at that point i assumed it is no longer loading and i reboot.

In verbose mode it stops at:

"

Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.

ERROR: firewire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure

Still waiting for root device

Still waiting for root device

"

my specs:

Asus P5K-V motherboard

2gb OCZ ram

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Western Digital Sata HDD (only for OS X. Vista is on a seperate HDD)

ATI HD2600 Video Card

Sata DVD drive

I looked everywhere for a solution and couldn't find one so THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER! :)

EBIOS Read Error 0x01 when I boot up. I see it display about 30-50 times then the Chameleon Boot loader appears.

I did select both Chameleon v2 and DSDT for the install.

See my Signature for the system I have.

Just a new Seagate 1.5TB drive is all I added.

One other issue. Chose Nvdarwin 256 and it shows 128MB in the profiler. I have the Nvidia 7300 GT card 256MB.

When I googled searched I see the EBIOS error is related to the DVD install. My Ebios error is on my Hard drive every time I boot up.

Interesting. Another google search pulled up this. See last thread from the link below, as it describes exactly my problem. I have three partitions also. I wonder if Chameleon RC2 is to blame for this? Does this iDeneb release v1.5.1 use the Chameleon RC2-r640 build? If not I guess I could try to install that to see if that error goes away?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=147277

Edited about 1 hour later:

I can confirm as the link posted above has stated. I changed my partition to two instead of three and the error went away.

Maybe if I increase the size of the third partition it will get rid of the error? So this is a Chameleon issue then correct? Tried this and anything over 2 partitions on a 1.5TB drive causes this error so it has to be a Chameleon Boot Loader issue.

No CDROM Eject/Close Icon on the top Bar? CDROM is working and recognized in Profiler.

Is there a way to get it on the bar?

CDROM is a Liteon Sata relatively new DVDR/CDR drive.

No CDROM Eject/Close Icon on the top Bar? CDROM is working and recognized in Profiler.

Is there a way to get it on the bar?

CDROM is a Liteon Sata relatively new DVDR/CDR drive.

Yes there is go into system/library/core services then folder menu extras scroll down and double click on eject menu and wallah eject icon in menu bar. :) And it works mate!!!

Cheers Plucka

Thanks for the CDROm fix. Another big problem with Voodoo 9.7.0 . The seatbelt fix does not seem to work on all the DMG's. Some of them still crash the kernel.

Anyone else notice this? I think I have to grab the seatbelt fix from the iPC 10.5.6 Installer. See if that works?

Edited about an Hour Later:

I just replaced the seatbelt.kext fix with the vanilla one on the iDeneb v1.5.1 DVD installer using Path Finder, Pacifist and Kexthelper.

All DMG files extract fine now.

Hello

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, Asus A8V-XE, ATI 1950Pro 256MB PCI-E,2GB Kingston RAM 400mhz,Samsung 80GB SATA II

Can i run Mac on this machine?

Sorry my bad english.

But install these drivers i think

I've got a problem, ever since installing my left key has been constantly held down, even when unplugging my usb keyboard.

Anyone know any solutions?

Oh, my specs are...

Inspiron 640m

Intel gma 950

Sigmatel audio

Integrated graphics

I also just realized, that it is also pushing down 7 along with the left arrow key, constantly. The only thing I can do right now is make it so that it repeats slower so I can actually get some typing done.

I've reinstalled with different options over and over for about 2 days now, many of them never working. I just finally got it to work again, but now I can't connect to the internet with it, (though it worked when it first booted just fine).

Currently running ubuntu live, btw.

NVIDIA GeForce 9400

Advice on this onboard card? I snagged some 9xxx drivers and added an EFI string

I can switch to any resolution but using frontrow I have a blackscreen on the dvi monitor or hdmi tv. All else works fine otherwise. From what I've searched around this shows signs of the wrong driver.

help? :)