8-channel HDA with vanilla 10.5.7/8 and 10.6 AppleHDA for ASUS P5K PRO (ALC883)

Master Chief

62 posts in this topic

I'll have to ask you, since "The King" basically skipped the most important question, are you guys aware of any documentation about getting, for example, the gray output jack functional?

Good! Let's keep on working on that Alc883 AppleHDA hacking :(

We managed to enable grey LineOut adding good Nodes in Pathmap (23 / 15 /5) and the good Config data for Node 23 BUT it automaticaly deletes SPDIF from Pref pan

You also need to bundle the 2 green outs items in pathmap and use DetectDelegate

You can have a look in our latest version, grey is working with it

Cheers

Good! Let's keep on working on that Alc883 AppleHDA hacking :(

We managed to enable grey LineOut adding good Nodes in Pathmap (23 / 15 /5) and the good Config data for Node 23 BUT it automaticaly deletes SPDIF from Pref pan

You also need to bundle the 2 green outs items in pathmap and use DetectDelegate

You can have a look in our latest version, grey is working with it

Cheers

Yep, gray is working for me, as are all analog output jacks. And yes, SPDIF out vanished from my pref panel as well, but I haven't had a change to look into it – the "The King" might be right, but I like to fool around (sort of a GO game) ;)

p.s. It's my son's birthday today, so I won't be much around today.

Later!

Is it impossible to have more than 4 outputs devices at the same time, that's why SPDIF desapeare.

The only alternative to have full analog 7.1 + headphones is to bundle L/R + Headphones together to use jack override.

All depends on your HIFI equipements, but to me it's sounds logical to keep SPDIF out working in order to use Dolby Digital and DTS streams.

Now we can decline the plist in two versions : a full analog out and a 5.1 analog with SPDIF output.

Cheers.

BTW: I'm fine and not insulted. It's probably just a misunderstanding between two people, at least that's how I see it. Too bad that "The King" don't want to document anything anymore, but that won't stop me.

Peace!

I just told you what I discovered months ago, 4 analog out => not working w/o losing other stuf and in most cases(didnt tested on 5.7) leads to kernel panic, and I didn't liked your answers...I dint came here to argue with you ( Trauma posted the topic link in a private discussion on irc), my intention was to help you....them...etc.

So good luck, I will not do this anymore...

@Boombeng as I said to Trauma on irc, Mic needs a proper MuteGPIO to get a right signal, as you know olny one Mic can be added on platform plist layouts...and again ExtMic is used by apple for acpiheadset, dont use it or you will get fmikey errors....also I tried to make the second Mic LineIn still no go since no more then 1 Line in can be added, so 1 mic and 1 line in I think is enough...the setup has to be diff for those who dosent have front panel.

Glad to hear of your work, and not needing HDAEnabler is very interesting, as it has no source available, and to "Sound assertion" error messages, also caused by HDAEnabler.

I´m interesting in grabbing your files as soon as they are available.

Thanks, a lot! :wacko:

Glad to hear of your work, and not needing HDAEnabler is very interesting, as it has no source available, and to "Sound assertion" error messages, also caused by HDAEnabler.

I´m interesting in grabbing your files as soon as they are available.

Thanks, a lot! :)

Hi Jimmy,

I've add a note about files, because there might be no need for files now that Trauma and Boombeng are doing such a great job.

@Trauma and Boombeng,

Guys, don't forget the VREF in your codec dump – below "Pin-ctls" (Pin Widget Controls). Mine has three. Two for the rear/front mic's:

Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP VREF_80

And one for the line-in jack:

Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP VREF_HIZ

Note: See also: Chapter 7.3.3.13 "Pin Widget Control" in the HDASpecifications (page 137 and 166).

Cheers!

I just told you what I discovered months ago, 4 analog out => not working w/o losing other stuf and in most cases(didnt tested on 5.7) leads to kernel panic,

Your first language aka native tongue isn't English, right? Hey, me neither, but that might explain things. I am however a "black and white" guy and thus when I read things like this:

I didn't tried to add more then 5.1 ch on 10.5.7(or 5.8) applehda, my focus was to get the rest of inputs/outputs working...

And now read up where you say: "...didnt tested on 5.7...". See the pattern here?

I tell you that got me thinking. It screams something like: "I know it all... but I haven't done any testing whatsoever related to this tutorial". That I tell you got me confused?!? Very confused.

p.s. I am usually a very friendly "bloke" but please... skip the personal attacks next time as it only hurts you. Not me.

EDIT: You also skip questions, and now even removed your tutorial – I was about to add some references (after dinner) but you (The King) removed your tutorial. It's gone! It now only reads: "Deleted. Done with this." Well well. How lovely. So long. Don't let the door hit you while leaving :)

Your first language aka native tongue isn't English, right? Hey, me neither, but that might explain things. I am however a "black and white" guy and thus when I read things like this:

And now read up where you say: "...didnt tested on 5.7...". See the pattern here?

You are stupid or playing stupid...wtf is not clear on didn't tested on 5.7? Do you think I'm so idiot to play with stuff I already know it dosen't work w/o fu*king something else?

I tell you that got me thinking. It screams something like: "I know it all... but I haven't done any testing whatsoever related to this tutorial". That I tell you got me confused?!? Very confused.

Again only words from you...Can you prove that you have what you claim w/o sound assertion errors and with the rest of stuff working? My bet NO! Where the hell is that kext? You really don't understand that 7.1 setup borke something else...get some pills...

p.s. I am usually a very friendly "bloke" but please... skip the personal attacks next time as it only hurts you. Not me.

LOL No comment or I will have to send you a really nice PM

EDIT: You also skip questions, and now even removed your tutorial – I was about to add some references (after dinner) but you (The King) removed your tutorial. It's gone! It now only reads: "Deleted. Done with this." Well well. How lovely. So long. Don't let the door hit you while leaving ;)

Yes I'm THe KiNG, you have a problem with that? And yes I deleted the guide, you forgot to copy something? I can send you a copy...LOL

Now the real reason I did that is b/c I'm moving from what was a really nice place, and now is a stupid joke full with lamers like you, to a better place...

I hope I will not see you there...

I wasn't really planning to reply to you, but you leave me no choice.

You are stupid or playing stupid...wtf is not clear on didn't tested on 5.7?

I'm not going to repeat things here. Just re-read what I wrote.

Do you think I'm so idiot to play with stuff I already know it dosen't work w/o fu*king something else?

I never said so, and I never implied this. You keep reading things that aren't even there.

Again only words from you...Can you prove that you have what you claim w/o sound assertion errors and with the rest of stuff working? My bet NO! Where the hell is that kext? You really don't understand that 7.1 setup borke something else...get some pills...

I've never said that everything worked (without sound assertions) and there's even a section with two specific sound assertions that I am trying to solve! And I don't think that adding more documentation is a bad thing, because I do see a lot of holding back here – yeah yeah so you know it all and thus others can do what again?

Yes I'm THe KiNG, you have a problem with that?

Not at all, but I do have a problem with the exposed attitude here. Which to me is uncalled for.

And yes I deleted the guide, you forgot to copy something? I can send you a copy...LOL

Right. And you call me a lamer? Now bear with me for a second; what do you think that other people will read into this action of yours? But spare yourself the time, because these people already know the answer. Seriously!

I'll also make sure that you work will be restored – starting with a link, so that people won't have to miss anything.

Now the real reason I did that is b/c I'm moving from what was a really nice place, and now is a stupid joke full with lamers like you, to a better place...

So you run into me, and probably a few other people before me, who don't bow for you and then you what? Run?

No. I'm not much of a fan of quitters, I'll admit that here in public, because I rather see you stay and change your attitude – I have worked with people in the past who exposed the same kind of bad behavior and attitude... but they became real men, and some of them made me really proud.

It might take years before you'll be able to admit it, most likely, but trust me that day will come. All I hope for you is that this event will happen soon, without a snap, so that you can start enjoying life as it is supposed to be. Joyful.

Oh yes, you are allowed (to a certain degree) to say what you want, but please... try to act normal next time, and don't add PM threats – I try to communicate with people on a fair and equal level, but I can't in your case because that would require me to lower my standard. Which I won't of course.

I'll also make sure that you work will be restored – starting with a link, so that people won't have to miss anything.

Whot the hell gave you the right to do something with my work?

It is my right to do what I want with my work

I decided to remove it, it's my choice!

I wil post a new and complete(I think) guide soon, and also the place is my choice!

Stop messing with my stuff or you will see what is next. That's a warning!

Whot the hell gave you the right to do something with my work?

It is my right to do what I want with my work

I decided to remove it, it's my choice!

There are no rules about this on this public forum, and thus English copyright law gave me that right, simply because you forgot (I presume) to add a copyright note. Also, linking to Google cache is not prohibited, neither in my country nor where the forum server is located. I'm in the clear so to speak.

And for the record; I also copied it to my own server, with your nick name and a reference to this forum.

I wil post a new and complete(I think) guide soon, and also the place is my choice!

Splendid.

Stop messing with my stuff or you will see what is next. That's a warning!

You keep making a soap out of this, and no I am not impressed. Not at all.

I have 10.5.7

10.5.6 updated.

Vanilla Kernel

ASUS P5K PRO too.

I never had to patch anything.

I have all OUT and IN.

Just use ALCInject + AppleHDA

Ever since 10.5.1

I made it for you :

http://files.filefront.com/13940758

ALC883_6_out.zip

Hi, I found this, (link), he seems to have all lines working in one output, without having the other shown... it seems so..

ahm, he said also he has no sound assertions at all..

maybe using his info.plist could bring some light on, or not ;)

Hi again Jimmy,

Thank you for the link, that might help people, but some people (post: 88, 93, 98) are also seeing sound assertions. Still, the more people can find from this point on, the better it is.

I have 10.5.7

10.5.6 updated.

Vanilla Kernel

ASUS P5K PRO too.

I never had to patch anything.

I have all OUT and IN.

Just use ALCInject + AppleHDA

Ever since 10.5.1

I made it for you :

http://files.filefront.com/13940758

Hi g33,

I myself never used ALCInject, and the purpose of this mini-tutorial is to use LegacyHDA*.kext instead, but I'll have a look at it a.s.a.p. Thank you ;)

Hi, it does not work here... used hdaenabler, alcinject, none, prayed a lot and nothing... do you have any special configuration?

thanks! ;)

ALC883 LegacyHDA for 10.5.7 (old ones doesnt work):

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zgt42n1j1mb

Gives you 3 analog outputs, mic, line in, spdif out. You need 10.5.7 stock AppleHDA.kext with these

Just in case I made a mistake uploading, try this ones:

P5K_VM_ALC883_LegacyHDA_10.5.7.zip

Make sure you have the right AppleHDA.kext (version 1.6.8; unmodifyed from 10.5.7):

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Flush the kextcache on boot (-f).

Im using these kexts form /Extra/Extensions.mkext with DSDT injection, but it works with the right version of HDAenabler:

HDAEnabler.kext.zip

Also take in account we dont have the same motherboard, so the codecs may differ. But if the old legacy kexts by Stickpin were working for you these should work as well as they are based on stickpin's ones.

Also take in account we dont have the same motherboard, so the codecs may differ. But if the old legacy kexts by Stickpin were working for you these should work as well as they are based on stickpin's ones.

Even same codec on different motherboard could differ in some pin connections and outputs...

If we would really want to make a universal AppleHDA like Trauma suggested it should be tied to specific motherboards/systems (i.e. for identical/compatible codec dumps), not just codecs (not all ALC889 are the same).

Hi, I think the problem is within the LegacyHDAController.kext, it gives me the " could no allocate AppleHDAController...." msg

Then, I mixed your pinconfigurations with the ones I had in an old plist I used with 10.5.6... and with some info from this post, now it works here with vanilla here

It would be nice to have the 3 lineouts working but only one integrated showing, Any ideas? I´m still searching...

Thanks!

(link)

I mean, only one line out showing in audio preferences, but all of them working, as in voodoohda kext, I tried here but I skip center... so, with no luck for me :|

Have you checked "Jack Grouping – for System Profiler" which explains (or at least should) how that can be changed.

<snip>

Flush the kextcache on boot (-f).

Im using these kexts form /Extra/Extensions.mkext with DSDT injection, but it works with the right version of HDAenabler:

</snip>

And with "the right version" I presume you mean one with com.apple.kernel.iokit set to 7.9.9 instead of 6.9.9 in previous versions – I think that MacGirl wrote that somewhere.