8-channel HDA with vanilla 10.5.7/8 and 10.6 AppleHDA for ASUS P5K PRO (ALC883)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Your are speaking only for your specific codec...

Really? What if I tell you that we, this morning tested both the 885 and 889?

But hey, I did tag it with: "for ASUS P5K PRO (ALC883)". Lucky me.

Apple don't give a {censored} on specifications, they don't use analog surround out only digital so anyway getting surround working is kind of lame b/c itunes or other apple app will not gave u more then 2ch out(vlc works if the input is 5.1), so you can sit and watch how nice is to play stereo *4.

Apple is using all the possibilities of the HDA specifications, which allows them to change things, like any other OEM. You'll find that in the HDA specifications too. And yes, of course, there will always be things to work on. But isn't that exactly the fun part for us Hack users?

I didn't tried to add more then 5.1 ch on 10.5.7(or 5.8) applehda, my focus was to get the rest of inputs/outputs working proper and they are...

First, I'm not pretending to know it all, and if that's the red line for you, you better stop here!

Now, I was unable to locate your documentation (during my coffee break) so add it here. Thanks. I'm keen to see what we do wrong – you are aware of the fact that you "made it sound" like what we did/do is not the "proper" way, right? Which to some might sounds rather insulting, really.

Making me wonder why people like: Boombeng, Trauma and me have to work on something like this, when you already have it working properly? Again, like we don't – care to explain that a little here?

So I'm curious if the rest of inputs/outputs works for you with 7.1 out....

Listen. Audio is, and has always been the number one problem for people here – which I'm sure you know by now. And since nobody else here took the time to document the steps I followed... I did.

Right. I'm not done with my documentation, for which I apologized here earlier (with reasoning) and no I don't care if Trauma and Boombeng get it going first. In fact I hope they do (I'm not that a big ego you know) for which I will reward them. Are we clear now?

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 778 posts

Really? What if I tell you that we, this morning tested both the 885 and 889?

But hey, I did tag it with: "for ASUS P5K PRO (ALC883)"t. Lucky me.
Apple is using all the possibilities of the HDA specifications, which allows them to change things, like any other OEM. You'll find that in the HDA specifications too. And yes, of course, there will always things to work on. But isn't that exactly the fun part for us Hack users?
First, I'm not pretending to know it all, and if that's the red line for you, you better stop here!

Now, I was unable to locate your documentation (during my coffee break) so add it here. Thanks. I'm keen to see what we do wrong you are aware of the fact that you "made it sound" like what we did/do is not the"proper" way, right? Which to some might sounds rather insulting, really.

Making me wonder why people like: Boombeng, Trauma and me have to work on something like this, when you already have it working properly? Again, like we don't care to explain that a little here?
Listen. Audio is, and has always been the number one problem for people here which I'm sure you know by now. And since nobody else here took the time to document the steps I followed... I did.

Right. I'm not done with my documentation, for which I apologized here earlier (with reasoning) and no I don't care if Trauma and Boombeng get it going first. In fact I hope they do (I'm not that a big ego you know) for which I will reward them. Are we clear now?

LOL

Dunno from where to start, lets try:
So far all I saw from you is words...about something that is already known, explained and tested.
You have no idea what does Apple unless you have applehda source, my bet you don't.
Don't fly in my face those specs! You are not the only one who read them.
About the "proper" stuff, was refering on sound quality (in/out) not on your work or others LOL
All I tried to say 2u was that with 4 analog outs you {censored} the rest, but you seems to know very well the specs so good luck on what are you trying to do....
About audio "nr.1 " problem there is already a better solution(voodoohda) but again you seems are so full of you and your precious knowledge so stay on hacking bro, I'm moving to voodoohda(also no more documentation from me) and on other stuff for hacking

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Trauma and Boombeng get it going first

It's never been about getting first, or what else !! :D

Just share the work, and hope all together we will make this work better !

Chill out guy's and take it easy, that's all for fun :D

Cheers my friends.

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Yep, it's just for fun dudes :D ...
...and to have a full working audio device of course :P

The King, it seems you are right about the second Mic, the signal is very dirty and unusable, and I loose it after few seconds of use, so back to 1 Mic and 1 Line In stage :(

Cheers, and take a rest guys ;)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
@Trauma, Boombeng,

I'll have to ask you, since "The King" basically skipped the most important question, are you guys aware of any documentation about getting, for example, the gray output jack functional?

BTW: I'm fine and not insulted. It's probably just a misunderstanding between two people, at least that's how I see it. Too bad that "The King" don't want to document anything anymore, but that won't stop me.

Peace!

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

I'll have to ask you, since "The King" basically skipped the most important question, are you guys aware of any documentation about getting, for example, the gray output jack functional?

Good! Let's keep on working on that Alc883 AppleHDA hacking :(
We managed to enable grey LineOut adding good Nodes in Pathmap (23 / 15 /5) and the good Config data for Node 23 BUT it automaticaly deletes SPDIF from Pref pan

You also need to bundle the 2 green outs items in pathmap and use DetectDelegate

You can have a look in our latest version, grey is working with it

Cheers

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Good! Let's keep on working on that Alc883 AppleHDA hacking :(
We managed to enable grey LineOut adding good Nodes in Pathmap (23 / 15 /5) and the good Config data for Node 23 BUT it automaticaly deletes SPDIF from Pref pan

You also need to bundle the 2 green outs items in pathmap and use DetectDelegate

You can have a look in our latest version, grey is working with it

Cheers

Yep, gray is working for me, as are all analog output jacks. And yes, SPDIF out vanished from my pref panel as well, but I haven't had a change to look into it the "The King" might be right, but I like to fool around (sort of a GO game) ;)

p.s. It's my son's birthday today, so I won't be much around today.

Later!

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Is it impossible to have more than 4 outputs devices at the same time, that's why SPDIF desapeare.
The only alternative to have full analog 7.1 + headphones is to bundle L/R + Headphones together to use jack override.

All depends on your HIFI equipements, but to me it's sounds logical to keep SPDIF out working in order to use Dolby Digital and DTS streams.

Now we can decline the plist in two versions : a full analog out and a 5.1 analog with SPDIF output.

Cheers.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 778 posts

BTW: I'm fine and not insulted. It's probably just a misunderstanding between two people, at least that's how I see it. Too bad that "The King" don't want to document anything anymore, but that won't stop me.

Peace!

I just told you what I discovered months ago, 4 analog out => not working w/o losing other stuf and in most cases(didnt tested on 5.7) leads to kernel panic, and I didn't liked your answers...I dint came here to argue with you ( Trauma posted the topic link in a private discussion on irc), my intention was to help you....them...etc.
So good luck, I will not do this anymore...

@Boombeng as I said to Trauma on irc, Mic needs a proper MuteGPIO to get a right signal, as you know olny one Mic can be added on platform plist layouts...and again ExtMic is used by apple for acpiheadset, dont use it or you will get fmikey errors....also I tried to make the second Mic LineIn still no go since no more then 1 Line in can be added, so 1 mic and 1 line in I think is enough...the setup has to be diff for those who dosent have front panel.

Jimmy Mallmann

Jimmy Mallmann

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Glad to hear of your work, and not needing HDAEnabler is very interesting, as it has no source available, and to "Sound assertion" error messages, also caused by HDAEnabler.

Im interesting in grabbing your files as soon as they are available.

Thanks, a lot! :wacko:

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Glad to hear of your work, and not needing HDAEnabler is very interesting, as it has no source available, and to "Sound assertion" error messages, also caused by HDAEnabler.

Im interesting in grabbing your files as soon as they are available.

Thanks, a lot! :)

Hi Jimmy,

I've add a note about files, because there might be no need for files now that Trauma and Boombeng are doing such a great job.

@Trauma and Boombeng,
Guys, don't forget the VREF in your codec dump – below "Pin-ctls" (Pin Widget Controls). Mine has three. Two for the rear/front mic's:
Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP VREF_80
And one for the line-in jack:
Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP VREF_HIZ
Note: See also: Chapter 7.3.3.13 "Pin Widget Control" in the HDASpecifications (page 137 and 166).

Cheers!

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

I just told you what I discovered months ago, 4 analog out => not working w/o losing other stuf and in most cases(didnt tested on 5.7) leads to kernel panic,

Your first language aka native tongue isn't English, right? Hey, me neither, but that might explain things. I am however a "black and white" guy and thus when I read things like this:

I didn't tried to add more then 5.1 ch on 10.5.7(or 5.8) applehda, my focus was to get the rest of inputs/outputs working...

And now read up where you say: "...didnt tested on 5.7...". See the pattern here?

I tell you that got me thinking. It screams something like: "I know it all... but I haven't done any testing whatsoever related to this tutorial". That I tell you got me confused?!? Very confused.

p.s. I am usually a very friendly "bloke" but please... skip the personal attacks next time as it only hurts you. Not me.

EDIT: You also skip questions, and now even removed your tutorial – I was about to add some references (after dinner) but you (The King) removed your tutorial. It's gone! It now only reads: "Deleted. Done with this." Well well. How lovely. So long. Don't let the door hit you while leaving :)

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 778 posts

Your first language aka native tongue isn't English, right? Hey, me neither, but that might explain things. I am however a "black and white" guy and thus when I read things like this:

And now read up where you say: "...didnt tested on 5.7...". See the pattern here?

You are stupid or playing stupid...wtf is not clear on didn't tested on 5.7? Do you think I'm so idiot to play with stuff I already know it dosen't work w/o {censored} something else?

I tell you that got me thinking. It screams something like: "I know it all... but I haven't done any testing whatsoever related to this tutorial". That I tell you got me confused?!? Very confused.

Again only words from you...Can you prove that you have what you claim w/o sound assertion errors and with the rest of stuff working? My bet NO! Where the hell is that kext? You really don't understand that 7.1 setup borke something else...get some pills...

p.s. I am usually a very friendly "bloke" but please... skip the personal attacks next time as it only hurts you. Not me.

LOL No comment or I will have to send you a really nice PM

EDIT: You also skip questions, and now even removed your tutorial I was about to add some references (after dinner) but you (The King) removed your tutorial. It's gone! It now only reads: "Deleted. Done with this." Well well. How lovely. So long. Don't let the door hit you while leaving ;)

Yes I'm THe KiNG, you have a problem with that? And yes I deleted the guide, you forgot to copy something? I can send you a copy...LOL
Now the real reason I did that is b/c I'm moving from what was a really nice place, and now is a stupid joke full with lamers like you, to a better place...
I hope I will not see you there...

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
Calm down people.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
I wasn't really planning to reply to you, but you leave me no choice.

You are stupid or playing stupid...wtf is not clear on didn't tested on 5.7?

I'm not going to repeat things here. Just re-read what I wrote.

Do you think I'm so idiot to play with stuff I already know it dosen't work w/o {censored} something else?

I never said so, and I never implied this. You keep reading things that aren't even there.

Again only words from you...Can you prove that you have what you claim w/o sound assertion errors and with the rest of stuff working? My bet NO! Where the hell is that kext? You really don't understand that 7.1 setup borke something else...get some pills...

I've never said that everything worked (without sound assertions) and there's even a section with two specific sound assertions that I am trying to solve! And I don't think that adding more documentation is a bad thing, because I do see a lot of holding back here – yeah yeah so you know it all and thus others can do what again?

Yes I'm THe KiNG, you have a problem with that?

Not at all, but I do have a problem with the exposed attitude here. Which to me is uncalled for.

And yes I deleted the guide, you forgot to copy something? I can send you a copy...LOL

Right. And you call me a lamer? Now bear with me for a second; what do you think that other people will read into this action of yours? But spare yourself the time, because these people already know the answer. Seriously!

I'll also make sure that you work will be restored – starting with a link, so that people won't have to miss anything.

Now the real reason I did that is b/c I'm moving from what was a really nice place, and now is a stupid joke full with lamers like you, to a better place...

So you run into me, and probably a few other people before me, who don't bow for you and then you what? Run?

No. I'm not much of a fan of quitters, I'll admit that here in public, because I rather see you stay and change your attitude – I have worked with people in the past who exposed the same kind of bad behavior and attitude... but they became real men, and some of them made me really proud.

It might take years before you'll be able to admit it, most likely, but trust me that day will come. All I hope for you is that this event will happen soon, without a snap, so that you can start enjoying life as it is supposed to be. Joyful.

Oh yes, you are allowed (to a certain degree) to say what you want, but please... try to act normal next time, and don't add PM threats – I try to communicate with people on a fair and equal level, but I can't in your case because that would require me to lower my standard. Which I won't of course.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 778 posts

I'll also make sure that you work will be restored starting with a link, so that people won't have to miss anything.

Whot the hell gave you the right to do something with my work?
It is my right to do what I want with my work
I decided to remove it, it's my choice!
I wil post a new and complete(I think) guide soon, and also the place is my choice!
Stop messing with my stuff or you will see what is next. That's a warning!

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Whot the hell gave you the right to do something with my work?
It is my right to do what I want with my work
I decided to remove it, it's my choice!

There are no rules about this on this public forum, and thus English copyright law gave me that right, simply because you forgot (I presume) to add a copyright note. Also, linking to Google cache is not prohibited, neither in my country nor where the forum server is located. I'm in the clear so to speak.

And for the record; I also copied it to my own server, with your nick name and a reference to this forum.

I wil post a new and complete(I think) guide soon, and also the place is my choice!

Splendid.

Stop messing with my stuff or you will see what is next. That's a warning!

You keep making a soap out of this, and no I am not impressed. Not at all.

Jimmy Mallmann

Jimmy Mallmann

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Hi people, peace! :)

Jimmy Mallmann

Jimmy Mallmann

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Hi, I found this, (link), he seems to have all lines working in one output, without having the other shown... it seems so..

ahm, he said also he has no sound assertions at all..

maybe using his info.plist could bring some light on, or not :rolleyes:

g33

g33

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:C2D E6550 @2.8Ghz with default fan.<br />P5K-Pro mobo<br />2G RAM DDR2 667MHz...
I have 10.5.7
10.5.6 updated.
Vanilla Kernel

ASUS P5K PRO too.
I never had to patch anything.
I have all OUT and IN.

Just use ALCInject + AppleHDA
Ever since 10.5.1

I made it for you :

http://files.filefront.com/13940758

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy