Pre-made Chameleon Boot CD Like Boot-132

Darkone84

37 posts in this topic

Update:5/20/09 Removed ISO Due to a bug redoing The Disk and will repost onces it is done ;)

Note:If there are any bugs or problems let me know and I will fix them and reup the ISO

Yes I have Made A Chameleon Boot Cd Much Like the boot132 cd for Most Mainboards.May not work on all.Must be retail Ready.May also work On someLaptops and Netbooks

(Guide Here to make your Own CD http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160234 thanks to sonotone!)

The kexts I used:

snapshot20090518164027.th.jpg

How to use:

Download and burn ISo to CD-R

Boot the CD

Once you get to boot Menu Eject the cd

Insert your Retail DVD

Press escape

when the DVD shows on Menu Select to Boot

Then Install Mac OS X

once rebooted place cd back into drive to use to boot OS X hard Drive

install Chameleon on your Install

Once you Have Mac installed Install chameleon to you hard drive(either to EFI Partiton or to boot drive)The find all the Drivers and Fixes you need and put the in your Extra Folder

Than You! ;)

Iso Attached Below

10.77MB uncompressed

Snapshot_2009_05_18_16_40_27.tiff

Quick and perhaps stupid question... How do you install Chameleon if your new retail OS X installation is not bootable due to lack of Chameleon and required kernel extensions?

In the past I have installed Chameleon beta and now RC1 from a working OS X installation.

Quick and perhaps stupid question... How do you install Chameleon if your new retail OS X installation is not bootable due to lack of Chameleon and required kernel extensions?

In the past I have installed Chameleon beta and now RC1 from a working OS X installation.

opps Big step missed will correct!

well once you have os x install put the boot cd back in and use it to boot the Hard DRive then install Chameleon on to the hard drive from there,and your kexts and fixes to the extra folder then reboot and remove cd the if you installed chameleon correctly you should be able to boot it

:)

Extra, again Extra — bad way.

what do you mean do you have a better way to boot the RETAIL DVD then boot a untouched RETAIL Install and be able to update without ever having a problem.... with out have to use any hacks or scripts...this I think this is for the purely technical nOOB so they have no problems and then once thay learn their way around OS X then do what ever they want..

But personally I think it the best way until we figure out how to use UEFI natively on UEFI ready Motherboards...

Just my opinion and 2 cents

you are {censored} clueless.

DarkOne .. nice work congrats.

Thank you only give me credit for the cd not how it was done or take from the others that actucly came up with this process

Thank you only give me credit for the cd not how it was done or take from the others that actucly came up with this process

Omg there are competent people on this forum.....

Quick question though..does this use Chameleon 2.0 RC1 or Chameleon 1.0.12?

I can boot to the Chameleon disk selection screen, switch discs, and re-scan. Attempting to boot the Leopard disc causes a quick black screen then transitions right back to the Chameleon disk selection screen. Perhaps my hardware isn't supported? Motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe (P965 chipset with ICH8R controller. Also has JMicron controller, but my disks are not attached to those ports).

I can boot to the Chameleon disk selection screen, switch discs, and re-scan. Attempting to boot the Leopard disc causes a quick black screen then transitions right back to the Chameleon disk selection screen. Perhaps my hardware isn't supported? Motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe (P965 chipset with ICH8R controller. Also has JMicron controller, but my disks are not attached to those ports).

From sonotone's Guide

Boot the Retail DVD:

When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press ENTER.

Go to boot options (f8), Swap disks, then press ESC to rescan drive. When the name of the DVD appears, press ENTER.

Boot Partitions:

When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press any key (not ENTER).

Go to Boot options (f8), then choose your partition.

If you get an instant reboot, turn your controller in AHCI mode.

Try that which you change AHCI Mode in your bios.. and also try to boot in verbose by selecting the DVD in the Boot menu and instead of pressing enter to boot press the Down Arrow key and then choose verbose boot to see what the kernle is doing that way we can see if there is something missing

Also do you have Execute Bit Enabled?

I totally get the feeling that, Chameleon2 it's not supporting my chipset or something..??! at least for now.

Works pretty fine with HDs but, with DVDs i always get some cdboot lines (cdboot:init, etc..) and instant reboot. Either in AHCI or IDE modes, with this method (Sonotone guide) or INSTAHackintosh. I don't get to see the bootloader at all.

Hope the future will be brighter :)

Ok, gave this a try and it doesn't do anything. I burn iso, rebooted with burned disc, disc booted and I got the Chameleon screen and then hit F8 key. I then swapped discs with my 10.5.6 retail disc, waited for me drive to stop spinning disc and then hit esc key, up popped my disc (which says Apple HFS+) I then hit enter to boot the disc and it just sits there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know. Check my sig for my system config.

Chevy

Ok, gave this a try and it doesn't do anything. I burn iso, rebooted with burned disc, disc booted and I got the Chameleon screen and then hit F8 key. I then swapped discs with my 10.5.6 retail disc, waited for me drive to stop spinning disc and then hit esc key, up popped my disc (which says Apple HFS+) I then hit enter to boot the disc and it just sits there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know. Check my sig for my system config.

Chevy

No There is a Bug In it I am trying to fix Now which I will update post when i Get The Bug Out...

This same thing has been happening on mine too since I was told about it then I tested and got same thing...so I am fixing it now....update when i get it done

No There is a Bug In it I am trying to fix Now which I will update post when i Get The Bug Out...

This same thing has been happening on mine too since I was told about it then I tested and got same thing...so I am fixing it now....update when i get it done

.iso burned at 2* speed, gives me instant reboot on:

Gigabyte EP31 DS3L

Acer Extensa261 and

FSC Lifebook

after cdboot ........

I am almost done remaking the cd I found out why it reboots on The Retail DVDs is because I had to add the boot and boot1 files and one other along with the cdboot file on the disk to make it boot... I'll update once it is done....

And if anyone is wandering I was under the Impression that only the cdboot file had to be on it

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering are you done with the ISO yet? On May 21, 2009 You stated that you were almost finished, if you are finished now, can you post the iso?

Thanks

yes please would be nice

Just wondering are you done with the ISO yet? On May 21, 2009 You stated that you were almost finished, if you are finished now, can you post the iso?

Thanks

Oh Man Sorry Forgot to update post but yea Waiting on update from chameleon Site because there is a bug in the cd boot bootfile that needs to be fixed I will post once i get my hands on it