10 teraflops on G5 in 2003...

ced1610

11 posts in this topic

it is interressant to note that we all are not equal in front of god... but thank you my god there are people who are very cultivated...like you bluedragon1971...

you know that 80 % of the followers of this forum are of very recent switcher, and of this fact very far from of having interested itself with the small life of APPLE?

I will have rather hoped for your share a more considered thought...

• 2 weeks later...
it is interressant to note that we all are not equal in front of god... but thank you my god there are people who are very cultivated...like you bluedragon1971...

you know that 80 % of the followers of this forum are of very recent switcher, and of this fact very far from of having interested itself with the small life of APPLE?

I will have rather hoped for your share a more considered thought...

The fact is that the VT supercomputer was all over the tech web sites (not just Apple related ones) a couple of years ago. Most people who have any interest at all in computers have at least heard of it. I was just surprised that someone would act as if it was some big secret or recent announcement.

It was amazing at the time, and at the time you could only pull a stunt like this with G5's. Really had the other people at the top kicking themselves, since it was basically all consumer hardware.

With Opterons and such, I wonder how much better someone could do.... ?

I found the PS2 cluster more captivating at the time, though; even though it's no match for 1100 G5's, the architectural weirdness made it cool.