New solution to enable udma on sis chipset working 100%

djdan2006

116 posts in this topic

Tnx for the reply SaxMachine.

Im running on a MS-6701 its SIS648(was part of a Medion PC)

What was the command to get into "terminal" on starup. Can't find it anymore.

Made backup files, so should be able to put them back.

ive put back the original plist file, and osx boots again :thumbsdown_anim: gonna give it another try.

ive seen people using 0x55131039 and 0x10395513 Ive used the first one.

and should i delete all other values in the plist file (all other id's)

tnx

Hello ,

My chipset is an SIS 650 .I have installed OS X 10.4.7 without problem in IDE port .The problem is that my motherboard do not support SATA and when I do the changes in ATA controller or SATA controller I have this mesage :

AppleVIAATADriver: VIA Unknown (CMD 0x1F0, CTR 0x3F4, IRQ 14 BM 0x4000)

AppleVIAATADriver: VIA Unknown (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15 BM 0x4008)

thanks for you help

Deb

Unfortunately on my most recent boot (the boot after I did this quick fix) the numbers went back to their original ones. I'm wondering if the OS changes them back to the way they were due to an item that isn't recognized when loading. Has anyone seen a simliar instance?

Would there be a way to run a script prior to boot, that would change the information needed to make this work on the SiS 655 Chipset?

EDIT: Ok, I forgot to delete the GENERIC kext, I took care of that, rebooted, and boom, it's working again! Thanks a bunch for finding this fix, definately deserves a high five bro!

I'm currently using a SiS648FX chipset.

(still waiting for root device)

Here are my specs :

P4S800

2.6ghz SSE3 enabled

IDE-ATA hdd

Chiptsets :

SiS648 FX

(South) SiS963

I'm watching this topic, I'll try the JaS 10.7 DVD Repack that I found on eMule tomorrow. Still no improvement yet. Let's get rid of this problem guys!

@JaS thanks for the excellent work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all: I'm somewhat curious: is OSX86 running on any mobo with any type of SiS 648-specific chipset? Just wanted to throw that in the air for now.

(my system is dreaded Asus P4S8X with normal config, no overclocking or mods, and I also get 'Still waiting for root device' when trying to boot from OSX DVD w/ Jas Patches.)

Does macgirl or someone know of a solution already? Thanks a million!

Nobody ever get that chipset working, unfortunately. I also have a p4s type of motherboard and I'm stuck with the same problem. You can search everywhere, there is no solution. Many many people with SiS chipsets are complaining of this issue.

I think that this issue happen because Apple hasn't made any drivers of those chipset so OSX doesn't recognize it well. That's my opinion of course.

Fortunately, there is nice programmers like JaS who dedicate their time to this project and help other people to get working their OSX finely on their comp.

Hi all,

For me its working also with CHIPSET SIS 650 .

The controller id is 0x55131039 and the UDMA is now activated and now all is beter.

PS to Jas : Dont forget to include this in your new realase.

Thanks for all.