Hacked PS/2 Driver :)

babaev

210 posts in this topic

My native notebook keyboard did not work "out of the box".

I downloaded ApplePS2 driver source from Apple's developer site, hacked them a little (added self-test to keyboard enabling method) and my notebook's keyboard (notebook: LG LS50, Centrino (SSE2 only), ATI Radeon M10 (9600)) works almost perfect.

I give no guarantee, that it'll work with your's specific keyboard, but you can try. May be I'll continue to develop this driver. I'm totally newbie to MacOSX developing, so...

How to install:

1. download ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

2. unzip

3. copy it to /System/Library/Extensions (something like "cp -R ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/" in terminal)

4. modify owner (something like "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext" in terminal)

before entering commands in terminal, switch to superuser mode ("su", press enter and enter password)

Reboot, unplug USB keyboard and enjoy (if you can).

Hello!

I have got a lg S1-P151B! Do you think can will work for me?

Many thanks

I downloaded ApplePS2 driver source from Apple's developer site, hacked them a little (added self-test to keyboard enabling method) and my notebook's keyboard (notebook: LG LS50, Centrino (SSE2 only), ATI Radeon M10 (9600)) works almost perfect.

I give no guarantee, that it'll work with your's specific keyboard, but you can try. May be I'll continue to develop this driver. I'm totally newbie to MacOSX developing, so...

How to install:

2. unzip

3. copy it to /System/Library/Extensions (something like "cp -R ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/" in terminal)

4. modify owner (something like "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext" in terminal)

before entering commands in terminal, switch to superuser mode ("su", press enter and enter password)

Hello!

I Have got LG S1-P151B with the same problem! Do you think will work to me?

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

How to install:

2. unzip

I Have a LG-S1-P151B but I did not fix the problem with appleps2controller.ketx ver.10.4.1 or 10.4.3 without any modifications.If anyone can I help me?Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Allright dude! I also have an LG laptop, but LS 70 express model and my keyboard doesn't work too. Thank god that someone developed a patch... Will try patch as soon as get home from work biggrin.gif

Hello! I have got a LG S1!

Do you find any solution for the keyboard LG users?

Cheers!

Hi, I did it, it works awesome and I'm going to gave you step by step Instruction (Del Inspiron 2650)

Native Keyboard and TauchPad Works Flowless :D

1) Go to HardDisk>Applications>Utilities> (and turn on terminal)

2) (Tupe in Terminal) sundo nano /etc/rc (Push Enter)

3)(It Will Ask you Password: and type in your user pasword and push ENTER)

4)(It Will open rc file and navigation menu on the bottom, push CONTROL+V untill you go to the and of the fille)

5) (Betwan) if [ "${VerboseFlag}" != "-v" ]; then

/usr/libexec/WaitingForLoginWindow

fi

(Line and) exit0 (line insert this code:)

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

6)(Push CONTROL+O, to activate saving potion, Push CONTROL+T, to activate "save to file option")

7)(navigate down and right in to a fille list untill you find "rc" file, get cursor on top of it and push enter, it'll save changes)

8)(Push Control+X, to exite rc fille)

9)(Tupe in exit in terminal, close terminal and reboot)

Hopefully itll be work

good luck.

/etc/rc method worked for me.

Desktop computer with usb mouse and ps/2 keyboard.

used a usb keyboard to make these changes.

needs some testing, though, i hope it won't freeze after 10 mins :thumbsup_anim:

Well, a day passed. Driver works normally, without any problems (I work with another drivers now, so I do reboot often and so on). Even display backlight keys works (combinations with Fn key) and volume button works.

If anybody is interested - I've updated one more driver. PCCard now works for me. It's a Texas Instruments chipset. As I remember, TI7620. If anybody needs this updated driver, I can upload it here.

Please Bavaev Can you  pass me the kext PS2Controller and PCCard? Cheers

LG S1-P151B

• 5 months later...

Yes I have the same problem touchpad works keyboard doesn't........ Stupid LG using PS/2 for the keyboard. Ummm so my laptop is te lg T1 so far nothing works but touch pad native 1280 by 800 =D I tried the intel wifi drivers froze my laptop telling me to power down and restart and would keep doing it till reinstall ummm besides that nothing else much to report.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi,

i have LG W1 and the fix did not work 4 me.

i have found no solution for my computer, so i have decided to create one of my own,

i started reading about apple driver development and iokit related articles, got several keyboard/ps2 source code but i need some hints regurding what to change and play with in order to make it work can you describe a little what was your approh of hacking it?

10x ahead,

Shay.bc.

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

i have LG W1 and the fix did not work 4 me.

i have found no solution for my computer, so i have decided to create one of my own,

i started reading about apple driver development and iokit related articles, got several keyboard/ps2 source code but i need some hints regurding what to change and play with in order to make it work can you describe a little what was your approh of hacking it?

10x ahead,

Shay.bc.

Wish you all the best. I am also having problem with the laptop inbuilt keyboard. I hope you can make it work. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Is there a working solution for LG P1 keyboard on Leopard (kalyway or iatkos? by the way witch is the best for this notebook) Still wondering witch to choose.

I've had uphuck's 10.4.9 but because of the infamus keybord issue i gave it up.

Shoud i expect this problem to be solved in any of the new leo releases?

Is there a proven patch to solve it?

I dont own a usb keyboard so i cant realy try out the mac os (I love the looks but i'd like to try it out hands on)

Does anyone have a real solution for this especific hardware.

I'm DESPERATE!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I spent some more time to create more accurate patch. Now it does not do BAT (keyboard self test), but only sets needed parameters. Also I got rid of annoying messages in system log.

But, in fact new KernelExtension do all the same things.

If your keyboard does not work with this patch - PLEASE, tell me keyboard type/manufacturer/ID/somethingElseToDetermineKeyboard. Type of your notebook, if it's native laptop keyboard.

PS/2 protocol is awfull! But I'll try to write normal driver. Next step will be looking to linux ps/2 drivers.

New Extension (installation is the same): ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

my laptop is LG R400, with pentium dual core, chipset 945, ICH7-M... my keyboard on laptop don't work, my trackpad work.... one solution?

forum related: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=55687

dmesg from linux: http://diozro.googlepages.com/dmesg.txt

• 4 weeks later...

just tried this for my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic keyboard with no luck

Any ideas?

There's only SO long I can stand using my graphics tablet'shand writing recognition before it kills me!

• 4 weeks later...

i have a problem... when i type su and then the password it says "sorry" - means the password wrogn (no ?)

but its the correct password and im the only user this pc and im sure that im writing the right password i tried to log out and check it and it right...

so what's the problem and how can i fix it ???

thanks ! (and sorry for my sux eng..)

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I have lg r400 dual core 1.86 with 2 giga ram ddr2 667mhz

working on vanila 10.5.2

lan yakon 88e8039- working - after changing the ven id

wireless atheros(ar5006x) - not working but bus is detect after the update pack in the first page of chau nun.

keyboard - not working

sound - working

dual screen - working

tuch pad - working

usb keyboard - working

usb wn620g wireless lan - not wokring

how can i fix it?

thanks

Hi Octopuss

I Also Have LG LW25

I found Something for The Keyboard to work!

I do not no if this help with your computer , but yo have nothing to lose.

try to put the computer on sleep, and then wake Him up with the Laptop Keyboard

then it Should Work Perfectly

tell me if you Have Keyboard now!!

BTW

You Have To do This Every Time You Restart!!!

and one more thing , I Have Problem After i do this trick i Cant restart or Shut down , its stuck

YEAH I got it to work on my GA-K8N Pro SLI MB with this...

Hi, I did it, it works awesome and I'm going to gave you step by step Instruction (Del Inspiron 2650)

Native Keyboard and TauchPad Works Flowless :D

1) Go to HardDisk>Applications>Utilities> (and turn on terminal)

2) (Tupe in Terminal) sundo nano /etc/rc (Push Enter)

3)(It Will Ask you Password: and type in your user pasword and push ENTER)

4)(It Will open rc file and navigation menu on the bottom, push CONTROL+V untill you go to the and of the fille)

5) (Betwan) if [ "${VerboseFlag}" != "-v" ]; then

/usr/libexec/WaitingForLoginWindow

fi

(Line and) exit0 (line insert this code:)

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

6)(Push CONTROL+O, to activate saving potion, Push CONTROL+T, to activate "save to file option")

7)(navigate down and right in to a fille list untill you find "rc" file, get cursor on top of it and push enter, it'll save changes)

8)(Push Control+X, to exite rc fille)

9)(Tupe in exit in terminal, close terminal and reboot)

Hopefully itll be work

good luck.

AND WITH THIS ...

sorry guys... but i was trying to make it fine. The problem is that the system reload automaticly the permissions as before.

I'll try to explain...

We have a package which is responsible of ps2 devices : ApplePS2Controller.kext, this package contains three kextfile : ApplePS2keyboard, ApplePS2trackpad and ApplePS2mouse.

the problem we have, we have to reload the good version of package with goods permissions.

The package i have is attached here :D

so now, we have many solutions:

- change the /etc/rc file which will be executed at every boot.

- unload and reload the kext file.

i don't garantee this solutions works fine, but you must try many times for working :(

the first solutions (under windows):

Download MacDrive

open the file rc in your osx HD and edit it with texteditor (add

"kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext"

at the end of rc file just before "exit 0")

Save and close.

Reboot and tell me :D

the second solution (under osx):

delete files .mkext .kextcache (2 files normally) in /System/Library/

copy the package .kext i attached into /System/Library/Extensions (you'll need to authenticate so don't forget to load the virtual keybord;))

load this command in terminal (copy it into a textfile and "copy&paste") YOU WILL NEED A ROOT ACCESS!!!

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

ok, let's try it ;)

and if someone comes here and have a better solution WHICH works ...tell us!!

i don't its the best.

So hope you tried like this and it might work for you!!!! :D;)

Hey Phanter- thanks for your advice. I was going to try what worked for you but when I enter sudo nano /etc/rc in terminal nano just opens a blank file. I don't seem to have the rc file. With MacDrive (from Windows) I can see that I just have a rc.common and rc.netboot file. I am using Kalyway 10.5.2 vanilla kernel. Any idea why I can't open the rc file?

Thanks in advance,

mcgyver100

• 3 months later...
I spent some more time to create more accurate patch. Now it does not do BAT (keyboard self test), but only sets needed parameters. Also I got rid of annoying messages in system log.

But, in fact new KernelExtension do all the same things.

If your keyboard does not work with this patch - PLEASE, tell me keyboard type/manufacturer/ID/somethingElseToDetermineKeyboard. Type of your notebook, if it's native laptop keyboard.

PS/2 protocol is awfull! But I'll try to write normal driver. Next step will be looking to linux ps/2 drivers.

New Extension (installation is the same): ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

I'm using Lenovo 3000 Y310 (7756):

I have try nearly all the PS2Controller.kext but none of them work including your PS2keyboard driver.

So please can you help me to get my Built-in PS2 keyboard work for once.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...