• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

KIP4

KIP4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks! It works great even without restart and it sees my ethernet cable (Intel couldn't do it)
ASUS P5WD2 Premium

neubie

neubie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Gurus,

I have an AMD3800+ 2GB machine with Marvell Yukon Network Controller. Being a really idiotic noob, I tried installing Kalyway's 10.5.2 on my PC. No problems with the install.

But when I tried your method to install Musashi's skge.kext.02d.zip, I run into some problems. When I tried executing your step 14, the system prompted no files found. Proceeded to 15 and rebooted the system and the system failed to boot even after a few hard resets.

Where did I go wrong? Or does this patch does not work with 10.5.2? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

at last:D:D:D i figure it out! easy and painless way.spent whole night on it but finally it's working:) heres my way:
my chip is 88e8053<--only 4 last digits matters.my hex number is 0x432011ab. i found some italian guide how to do it and did in 5 min<god>;p
guide:
1. download skgw.kext from here:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15700&st=0

2. save it somewhere<sorry for my stupid comments but i'm so happy;p

3. unzip it

4. place it for example on desktop

5. open terminal

6. type sudo -s and press enter

7. type your password and press enter

note:
if you unzipped it to your desktop,then type:
8. type: cd desktop and press enter(return key) if somewhere else it's good to know how to navigate thru folders in mac: list files: ls; current folder: pwd; entering folder: cd folder_name; changing to root folder:cd /;
don't place ";" in commands;p
let's move on:
9. mv skge.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns press enter(return key)

10. cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns press enter(return key)

11. chmod -R 755 skge.kext press enter(return key)

12. chown -R root:wheel skge.kext press enter(return key)

13. rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext press enter(return key)

14. rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache press enter(return key)

15. kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions press enter(return key)
16. reboot
WAIT AND ANJOY YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION:)
thanks to all people who helped me,and specially great thanks to m.musashi for developing working driver:)
i tried to do it by myself but relult was os crash after recieving first packets of data<-- was desperate to get it done...really
hope it will help somebody.if u have any questions,pm me;)

supersilverpig

supersilverpig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Thank you for this!

I have a dfi lanparty board and the nforce ethernet keeps freezing on me whether I use forcedeth or forcedeth_nokcd. I tried this out, it worked, and have removed the forcedeth drivers and I have no more freezes and speedy ethernet again!

spawn6578

spawn6578

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I tried the latest version on my laptop Sony VGN-FZ290. I got the following error messages on dmesg.
I am running MAC OS X 10.5.4. What can I do? Thanks.

skgeosx::probe(PXSX)
skgeosx::start(PXSX) <1>
skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2e ---- M.Musashi ©2007
skgeosx: VendorID:11ab DeviceID:4351 Rev:16
skgeosx ERR: unsupported chip type 0xb7
skgeosx ERR: board reset failed
skgeosx: Stopped!
skgeosx::start(PXSX) <3> failed

bruin4life

bruin4life

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I've a Marvell 8001 NIC (on an Asus P5B-V) and I use the Leopard build of your skge.kext.

Every time I boot my PC I get a kernel panic from skge.kext (1 in 2 boots, the next time it boots is does work). Could you explain this why it doesn't work the first time and does work the second time ?

Hey guys, here is a panic msg i get when i loaded the sjge.kext for my 88E8001/8002/8003 Gigabit adapter. Tubgirl 10.4.10 , Says it loads fine with kextload, i did notice it had a second line about dependancies. Wasnt clear as to what.

Regards,
Joedubya

I Get the same error! I PMed the author about the kernel panics during bootup (which happens to me 2 out of every 5 times). No response yet. Hopefully he reads this :P

heras

heras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey m.musashi,

Thx for your driver. My system was all the time freezing when using the Nvidia NForce 4 lan card. SO i disabled the Nforce and enabled the Marvell and with using your driver my system doesn't freeze anymore.

Thx,
H

GiaFast

GiaFast

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
It works great on Jas OS 10.4.7 but it doesn't work with Jas 10.5.2. Is there any new patch to make it working?

anishcool

anishcool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks a ton, the 8001 LAN on my P5B Deluxe Wifi is working PERFECTLY now! Cheers!

GrahamAJones

GrahamAJones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am pretty stumped, and I hope someone can help.

I have a Sawtooth G4/450 running MacOS 10.4.11 (fresh install), and a D-Link DGE-530T Rev-B2. I have read every post in this thread, and have tried every .plist permutation I can think of with build 0.2d and 0.2e(u).

Every time I tried something new I followed Mr. Musashi's advice (Nov. 25, '06) to first trash the existing skge.kext file and delete the Extensions.ketxtcache and Extension.mkext, then reboot. I tried each of the several sets of instructions on this thread (I set up Applescripts to avoid retyping all those Terminal commands).

No one on the whole thread has mentioned having a Rev-B2 card, so I suspect that may be an issue. However, the 0.2e(u) driver seems to work partially, and with it my System Profiler recognizes the card and reports a device ID of 0x4b01, which is the same as a Rev-B1 card.

By "works partially" I mean that System Profiler sees the card, Network Preferences see the card (when I set up manual network settings I get a green dot in the Network Statud and it thinks things are fine, but when set to Automatic I get a self-assigned IP address and an orange dot). Either way, I can not see other machines on the network and can not connect to the internet.

When I try dmesg, I am seeing the same results as Skydiver Tak and 5onIt -- skgeosx: Enabled! but last line ERR: ouputPacket() stall.

Mr. Musashi mentioned using ifconfig to check things out... My Built-In Ethernet is en0, and the D-Link is en1. When I tried to change the NetworkInterfaces.plist file to switch en0 and en1, I got a strange occurrence -- I was able to load ONE web page! I saw life! And then the machine acted like the cable was pulled. I got a red dot in the Network Status. After that, the machine seemed to confuse the Built-In port with the D-Link card, and I got no further web connectivity until I rebooted and changed the prefs again, at which time I again got only one web page.

So... I know that I am close, and I know that this card CAN work, but I am stumped as to how I can get it all the way working. I have been scouring the net and the forums here to find the answer, but am afraid I am coming up short.

I really appreciate whatever help you can give.

thanks,
Graham Jones.

Chris05

Chris05

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, i need help.
I can`t install the driver:
I put sudo -s and it need a password what password i have to put?
thanks

PD: And, i also have a mini pci wlan 1395 dell with the Marvel, is there a driver for that one?
Thank
Chris :)

vatomasta

vatomasta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hello and im new to osx86

but the patch doesnt work on the 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible) maybe i didnt patch it properly... :(

can anyone explain to me, a new guy :censored2: please?

Hi, i need help.
I can`t install the driver:
I put sudo -s and it need a password what password i have to put?
thanks

PD: And, i also have a mini pci wlan 1395 dell with the Marvel, is there a driver for that one?
Thank
Chris :unsure:

Chris, u have to put the password that is used on the user account u logged in.
it doesnt appear as u input it; me too i was confused by this :P and press enter once you ve entered the password

Chris05

Chris05

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Chris, u have to put the password that is used on the user account u logged in.
it doesnt appear as u input it; me too i was confused by this -_- and press enter once you ve entered the password

Thanks vetomasta.

seye

seye

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi

Unfortunately this driver is extremely unstable on my Asus P5B. The mainboard has a second Marvell chip for the other port which works fine after altering the kext. Theoretically the system runs without the 8001 driver. The problem is that the MAC address of the 8001 is used in iTunes for authentication.

Is there a way to swap en0 and en2?

Regards
Seye

Alex0555

Alex0555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
THANK YOU! Use skge.kext.02e.zip -> 3COM 3C940 100% working on Mac OS 10.5.4 Leopard :rolleyes:

anorgan

anorgan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, just reporting that on my OSx Leopard (Kalway 10.5.2) skg kext works. I have Asus A8N-E Deluxe

squashyJ

squashyJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can't get this to work with my DGE 530T (rev.b ). I'm running the iPC 10.5.6 Final on a Foxconn nForce 590 (C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H). In network preferences it shows the card as en0 and connected/green using DHCP except the port and subnet are incorrect (169.254... / 255.255.0.0). I have tried manually setting the IPs and DHCP w/manual ip. With DHCP w/manual ip, the correct subnet does appear after a minute or so, but there is still no apparent connection. The MAC address is correct, i have tried unplugging my computer+router for 30 seconds, etc. no luck, same results.

Also in system profile, it says i have no PCI cards detected even though network preferences detects it as it shows the correct MAC address. Im not sure if that has anything to do with anything.

Gleschnapi

Gleschnapi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi!
i have a p5wdg2 ws pro with marvell yukon 8001, ipc 10.5.6
lan working!!!!! with this kext: its skge 0.2.e
http://www.mediafire...04e75f6e8ebb871
Gleschnapi

Noke

Noke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The driver works partially on my system. It's a Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit ethernet controller. In fact, the driver will work for some times after booting but it will die in a undeterminated time. Anyway, good job for it. :(

Edit: If somebody found a way, PM me.
Edit 2: It's an integrated one in my Asus P5NSLI

pikabli

pikabli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,
I've just update my laptop ASUS A6VA from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 and I use Voodoo kernel. It seems that I can't use skge with this kernel without kernel panic.

So I keep 10.5.5 for now...

SteveGG

SteveGG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The driver works partially on my system. It's a Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit ethernet controller. In fact, the driver will work for some times after booting but it will die in a undeterminated time. Anyway, good job for it. ;)

Edit: If somebody found a way, PM me.
Edit 2: It's an integrated one in my Asus P5NSLI

I'm having this very same problem. Everything works great for a while and then all of a sudden nada. No messages (other than the standard ERR: stall etc..) in the logs to indicate what happened. I have the DLink 530-T as a PCI card running on an Asus P5N-32e SLI board. Anyone else have this issue and have some hints as to how best to fix it? I've tried various drivers (currently using the skge-e_U.kext

Thanks,

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy