• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

DB1

DB1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 407 posts
Trauma!

Have for a long time had the HDEF device in dsdt on wind (exactly as code you provided and as is on most apple box's) and have wrestled with the King and others tutorials re HDA injection without any real success to date. For one reason or another there is a complexity about ICH7 & ALC codecs which many devs seem not to date be able to resolve.

I have been successful with on my P5k-vm Asus board resolving HDEF in dsdt but the ICH7 chipset seems to be a bridge to far so guess will stay with the Azalia solution.

Thanks anyway.

Wiwi

Wiwi

InsanelyMac Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

I dont think so, by the way you can't disable it with ClamShellDisplay to ! Does real Mac can disable this clamshell fonction ?

If i understand well, you want to use your laptop with the lid closed and monitor on another display ?

Yes !! need sleep LID only on battery, it's possible with insomniac on real mac, but i don't know what it disable...

the thing is done by modding AC0 or whatever you have instead of that

I will try it thanks !

EDIT to coconup :

You've just added

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x10, 
				0x03
			})

And modify Method PCL ??? (For me it's the same that MPB) That's all for acpi power ??? Does it allow you to see if laptop is on battery or AC with any kext ??

For me does'nt change anything....

coconup

coconup

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
mm I don't know if it really does much but now I just have this under ioreg

Attached File  Picture_1.png   6.1KB   22 downloads

btw it seems to be in conflict with voodoobattery since the battery meter doesn't show up properly, however without voodoobattery it doesn't show up at all...

all the problems I had with sleep/lid sleep etc were caused by this string under ac0

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
						{
							If (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.FGEC)
							{
								If (Arg0)
								{
									Store (One, _WAK (Arg0))
								}
								Else
								{
									Store (Zero, _WAK (One))
								}
							 }
						}

which I copied and adapted by andy's dsdt. however, as I said, this enabled restart on my laptop after sleep. so there must be a way to fix everything here..

coconup

coconup

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
look at this, emulating device smb0 (which controls the baettry in macbooks) resulted in:

Attached File  Picture_2.png   130.63KB   322 downloads
Attached File  Picture_3.png   7KB   78 downloads

without voodoobattery or whatever...

however no battery meter because the battery still tells nothing to the smb0 device. I'll try to add methods in both the devices and see if it works.. here's my dsdt with AC0 very little mod to enable appleACPIadapter and emulated devices Attached File  hpet_fixed_gmux_ac0_smb0_little_mods3.txt   206.48KB   100 downloads

Wiwi

Wiwi

InsanelyMac Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

look at this, emulating device smb0 (which controls the baettry in macbooks) resulted in:

Attached File  Picture_2.png   130.63KB   322 downloads
Attached File  Picture_3.png   7KB   78 downloads

without voodoobattery or whatever...

however no battery meter because the battery still tells nothing to the smb0 device. I'll try to add methods in both the devices and see if it works.. here's my dsdt with AC0 very little mod to enable appleACPIadapter and emulated devices Attached File  hpet_fixed_gmux_ac0_smb0_little_mods3.txt   206.48KB   100 downloads

Superhai or Eureka could help us a lot, they have experience of Battery meters...
Good job !

coconup

coconup

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
well it's not just a matter of battery meter I guess. I haven't tried anything yet but if we could make that applesmartbattery control our batteries we could have better battery performances as well... I mean, a friend of mine's old mbp with a 4000mah battery shows 2 hours left at 47%, I will pm superhai :)

btw these are the pieces of code that make the two devices communicate:

under BAT0:

Method (UBSS, 0, NotSerialized)
						{
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRW (0x0A, 0x01, RefOf (BSSW))
						}

Method (UBIF, 0, NotSerialized)
						{
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRW (0x0B, 0x18, RefOf (Local0))
							Multiply (Local0, 0x0A, Index (PBIF, 0x01))
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRW (0x0B, 0x10, RefOf (Local0))
							Multiply (Local0, 0x0A, Index (PBIF, 0x02))
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRW (0x0B, 0x19, RefOf (Local0))
							Store (Local0, Index (PBIF, 0x04))
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRB (0x0B, 0x21, RefOf (Local0))
							Store (Local0, Index (PBIF, 0x09))
							Store (Buffer (0x01)
								{
									0x00
								}, Index (PBIF, 0x0A))
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRB (0x0B, 0x22, RefOf (Local0))
							Store (Local0, Index (PBIF, 0x0B))
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRB (0x0B, 0x20, RefOf (Local0))
							Store (Local0, Index (PBIF, 0x0C))
						}

Method (UBST, 0, NotSerialized)
						{
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRW (0x0B, 0x09, RefOf (Local2))
							Store (Local2, Index (PBST, 0x03))
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRW (0x0B, 0x0A, RefOf (Local0))
							If (And (Local0, 0x8000))
							{
								Not (Local0, Local0)
								And (Increment (Local0), 0xFFFF, Local0)
							}

Multiply (Local0, Local2, Local0)
							Divide (Local0, 0x03E8, , Index (PBST, 0x01))
							\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRW (0x0B, 0x0F, RefOf (Local0))
							Multiply (Local0, 0x0A, Index (PBST, 0x02))
							Store (0x00, Local1)
							If (PWRS)
							{
								\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SBRW (0x0B, 0x16, RefOf (Local0))
								If (LNot (And (Local0, 0x40)))
								{
									Store (0x02, Local1)
								}
							}
							Else
							{
								Store (0x01, Local1)
							}

Store (Local1, Index (PBST, 0x00))
						}

and under SMB0:

Method (SBRW, 3, NotSerialized)
						{
							Store (One, Local0)
							If (LNot (Acquire (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SMTX, 0xFFFF)))
							{
								If (LEqual (SPTR, 0x00))
								{
									Store (ShiftLeft (Arg0, 0x01), SADR)
									Store (Arg1, SCMD)
									Store (0x09, SPTR)
									Store (SBPC (0x03E8), Local0)
									If (LNot (Local0))
									{
										Store (SBDW, Arg2)
									}
								}

Release (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SMTX)
							}

Return (Local0)
						}

Method (SBRB, 3, NotSerialized)
						{
							Store (One, Local0)
							Store (Buffer (0x01)
								{
									0x00
								}, Local1)
							If (LNot (Acquire (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SMTX, 0xFFFF)))
							{
								If (LEqual (SPTR, 0x00))
								{
									Store (ShiftLeft (Arg0, 0x01), SADR)
									Store (Arg1, SCMD)
									Store (0x0B, SPTR)
									Store (SBPC (0x03E8), Local0)
									If (LNot (Local0))
									{
										Store (SBFR, Arg2)
									}
								}

Release (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.SMB0.SMTX)
							}

Return (Local0)
						}

coconup

coconup

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I was wrong, the battery meter is actually shown but it detects no battery. However, it seems like it tries to find it at startup, 'cos at the beginning it says Power Source: Battery and then it becomes AC Adapter, while in system profiler the battery info appears (empty). I tried different combinations of code but without luck so far.

btw, could anyone extract the dsdt from the macbooklate3,1.ioreg posted on the first page? it's dramatically similar to my laptop's hardware... pls

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

I was wrong, the battery meter is actually shown but it detects no battery. However, it seems like it tries to find it at startup, 'cos at the beginning it says Power Source: Battery and then it becomes AC Adapter, while in system profiler the battery info appears (empty). I tried different combinations of code but without luck so far.

btw, could anyone extract the dsdt from the macbooklate3,1.ioreg posted on the first page? it's dramatically similar to my laptop's hardware... pls

Yes it would be interesting to have such an ioreg...
I know it's UBST that reports the battery status so if we can get that to work, it should be a step in the right way...

coconup

coconup

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
andy, what I understood so far is that UBST method is just meant to dial with SMB0 device and report the right values to the _BST one, which we all have in our dsdts... I don't know if it's actually necessary to keep it since for example in my laptop those values are already there (XST0,1,2,3). however it would be interesting to hear something from superhai...

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

andy, what I understood so far is that UBST method is just meant to dial with SMB0 device and report the right values to the _BST one, which we all have in our dsdts... I don't know if it's actually necessary to keep it since for example in my laptop those values are already there (XST0,1,2,3). however it would be interesting to hear something from superhai...

Yes, that is true, the SMB0 device (SMBus device) reports this right back to the UBST method.
Read SMBus specifications for more info... (Freely available on the net...)

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

Hello,

I'm looking for an iMac8,1 (Anniversary) ioreg and/or ACPIdump if someone has one please let me know.
I don't wan't to abuse but 3,06GHz model would be better, thanks

A noob asking: DSDT patcher don't works for me cause seems that my DSDT is near correct...
So do i need some workaround on the ACPI ? (I have an IOACPITree in IOreg showing all names execpt SMbus and my DRAM controller witch is not supported)

SMBusPCI is loadable but don't see any changes in ioreg but IOSMbusFamily works with Slice method.
In ioreg the smbus device-id is shown <"0)"> so it's why i have to force IOSMbusFamily.kext

DRAM controller have a correct device-id shown as <e0 29 00 00> but the only test i've done with NB support by Slice result in a KP.

Anyway it's just for testing and learning cause even used as DDR my DDR3 works pretty fast without issues.
And i know that even true macbook pro with DDR3 may use DDR3 the same way.

I don't pretend to be good as the less good here. Excuse me if i disturb you and then don't answer me

bye

For the iMac8,1 ioreg dump I can not help you as I only have one for an iMac5,1.
My latest SMBIOS is capable of being set for DDR3 as Apple added this since 10.5.6 (AppleSMBIOS-33).

coconup

coconup

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
seriously guys, is anybody able to extract the dsdt table from this file??

Attached File  macbooklate3_1.ioreg.zip   486.65KB   33 downloads

edit: i found a macbook3,1 dsdt from another topic.. dunno if it's the very same but I think this is the real deal for a lot of laptops, here it is

Attached File  DSDT_Macbook3.1.dsl.zip   13.85KB   45 downloads

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

edit: i found a macbook3,1 dsdt from another topic.. dunno if it's the very same but I think this is the real deal for a lot of laptops, here it is

Sure, can do, will use this file to extract the DSDT table and post the dsl after decompilation...

Tim0288

Tim0288

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
@coconup: Same here i'm almost tempted to load the dsdt as is just to see what happens. however i'm sure this is probably not advisable. what are the key things that need editing in order to begin loading the dsdt? obviously audio but the graphics card is the same (not sure about revision id though) if this came from the 2.2ghz macbook then i have the same processor. i'm not sure where to start but i think it makes more sense to start with the cleaner mac dsdt and make it more like mine than the other way round. or have i got this completely wrong?

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

@coconup: Same here i'm almost tempted to load the dsdt as is just to see what happens. however i'm sure this is probably not advisable. what are the key things that need editing in order to begin loading the dsdt? obviously audio but the graphics card is the same (not sure about revision id though) if this came from the 2.2ghz macbook then i have the same processor. i'm not sure where to start but i think it makes more sense to start with the cleaner mac dsdt and make it more like mine than the other way round. or have i got this completely wrong?

To my knowledge the Mac DSDT only works on true Mac but you can adapt + perfect your own DSDT so it is more like the MacBook one (not mentioning adding the system identification on top... you can instead of your own system id...).
You can also add some of the APP000X stuff...

NOTE: The dsl you've posted is from a MacBook4,1, just look at the top.
DefinitionBlock ("macbook.aml", "DSDT", 1, "APPLE ", "MacBook", 0x00040001)
Haven't had time yet to look at the ioreg file... (I'll get to that though...).

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
I did reply this on January on the SSDT bootloader thread cause my Sony Vaio laptops DSDT and Macbook 3,1 are nearly equal

Auto quote:
Hi, here i have attached ALL the acpi tables from my Sony Vaio Cr11R/Z laptop, i use Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext for speedstep (i get same cpu temperatures as genericintelcpupowermanagement. kext from Superhai, and faster cpu response when stepping with apple kext, fan also works as spected).
The only problem i have is when i shutdown the laptop, it restarts, (This has been my nightmare since 10.5.1).
I edited my battery on DSDT several months ago cause was the only different code from Macbook and i just had success as some of you here, just got the battery icon, but still there is missing real time checking for the battery status, so i have kept my main battery DSDT code.

Tables included:
APIC,APIC-1,BOOT,DSDT,FACP,HPET,MCFG,RSDT,SLIC,SSDT,SSDT-1,SSDT-2,SSDT-3,SSDT-4.

Extra information:
I have modified my Sony dsdt, ported code from Macbook3.1 for bluetooth, network card, Airport (for my dell 1390), added DTGP method to _wak, Changed (DEVICE) names to match Macbook names, Added _SUN to network pcis for Profiler recognition, added HPET and RTC patch, then flashed it to bios (Thats why my dsdt will be different from other Sony vaios when readed from memory).
I havent add Video or audio injection cause incompatibility with ALC262 and ATIx2300

I have even loaded the whole DSDT.aml from the macbook3,1, just changing a little the cpu code, harware adresses and getting back my PCI IRQs (LNKA,LNKB,LNKC...etc) to the macbook code and removing the IRQ to DEVICE (SMC). (As pointed by Roisoft, thanks, bro.) smile.gif

Hope this info helps.

Attached:
Sony Vaio ACPI Tables and Ioreg
Mackbook 3,1 DSDT.dsl and Ioreg

Attached Files

Tim0288

Tim0288

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
k well i loaded the 3,1 dsdt (the one anv posted) and it just sat at the grey loading screen little thing spinning to its hearts content but no further. i tried to boot into single user mode to remove the dsdt.aml but it started looping "battery reported power at zero" or something to that effect. obviously this is to do with the different locations of my battery and the apple battery. i'm going to edit the dsdt so that it sees my bat and continue through verbose mode editing until it boots. it picked up the firewire port though, so not a dead loss.

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

k well i loaded the 3,1 dsdt (the one anv posted) and it just sat at the grey loading screen little thing spinning to its hearts content but no further. i tried to boot into single user mode to remove the dsdt.aml but it started looping "battery reported power at zero" or something to that effect. obviously this is to do with the different locations of my battery and the apple battery. i'm going to edit the dsdt so that it sees my bat and continue through verbose mode editing until it boots. it picked up the firewire port though, so not a dead loss.

All of the addresses need to be set for the addresses of your hardware.
Add also the needed interrupt links of your HW...
That should make it work...
Also you might be thinking of adding the HPET procedure as used in MacBookPro5,1 but with your HPET's address of course... it is a serialized entry...

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

Currently collected:
-iMac5,1
-iMac7,1
-MacPro3,1
-MacBook2,1
-MacBook3,1
-MacBook4,1
-MacBookPro5,1
-MacBookAir1,1

These could be used for fixing up your devices.
I've used this to enable the Apple ACPI Power adapter to attach properly on the power supply of my Packard Bell EasyNote MZ-35 200 notebook.
You can also add for example the backlight control (APP0003 I think) and then it will enable the driver + control.
Many more is possible...

Like I say, a manual DSDT fix saves the day...

Enjoy and feast your eyes.

NOTE: Any other genuine Mac IORegistryExplorer saves (.ioreg files) are welcome, I can use these for more stuff like this...
If you don't have IORegistryExplorer (from XCode, preferred dump format) please make the dump with the following four commands:

echo "IOService:" > [MACHINE_ID].txt

ioreg -l -p IOService -w 99999 >> [MACHINE_ID].txt

echo "IODeviceTree:" >> [MACHINE_ID].txt

ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree -w 99999 >> [MACHINE_ID].txt

This will ensure all of the for various things needed data is there...

Also added my ioreg files...

New DSDTs... enjoy...

cVaD

cVaD

InsanelyMac Geek

• Coders
  • 219 posts

ALL ACPI tables (AML/DSL formats)

from
iMac8,1

Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz Level 2 cache size 6Mb

Posted Image

iMac8.1_all_ACPI_tbls_by_cVad.zip

include SSDT tables

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy