ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

Last night I read all five pages of this post in hopes of getting my video up and running correctly. And I did and I thank that contributed: Yannick, Last exile, etc. Anyway, to the particulars...

Toshiba P305-s8915

iPC 10.5.6

iDeneb update to Camelion 2 from 10.5.8 lite

I d/l the RadeonHD.kext, and trial2(rv635)

deleted all ati kexts/plugins from extensions folder except the ATY_INIT

Installed trial2 and the radeonHD kexts with kexthelperb7, repaired permissions, set extension permissions, cleared caches and touched the extensions folder with osx86tools and rebooted.

Upon reboot, I was greeted with the most beautifull 1440x900 I've ever seen. 2560x1600 is.....

small:) Full QE/CI. I'm elated. And forever indebted to this forum. So, any help I can provide, I will.

peace....

Hi All.

Last night I read all five pages of this post in hopes of getting my video up and running correctly. And I did and I thank that contributed: Yannick, Last exile, etc. Anyway, to the particulars...

Toshiba P305-s8915

iPC 10.5.6

Installed trial2 and the radeonHD kexts with kexthelperb7, repaired permissions, set extension permissions, cleared caches and touched the extensions folder with osx86tools and rebooted.

Upon reboot, I was greeted with the most beautifull 1440x900 I've ever seen. 2560x1600 is.....

small:) Full QE/CI. I'm elated. And forever indebted to this forum. So, any help I can provide, I will.

peace....

Hi, did you use dong's radeon HD kexts? I was looking to test it out.

Had to reinstall OS X, used the RadeonHD kext again, works fine. I've seen people get my specific card, the HD3650 Mobility, working before with QE/CI on Toshiba notebooks. Definitely watching, waiting, and hoping!

I would like to confirm that the drivers provided by Yannick work great in Toshiba A300-18a using iPC updated to 10.5.8

I can change resolutions (currently using 1280x800) and have full QE/CI...

Graphics card model and internal memory (512mb) are detected correctly.

Thank you everyone that made this possible! :thumbsdown_anim:

PS: I tried using the same drivers on Snow Leopard and they don't work... I get a light blue screen that flashes every 5 seconds or so. I assume this is due to the fact that Snow Leopard uses OpenCL and this drivers are not compatible.

Hi i have a HP pavilion dv7 series with a Ati mobility hd 3650. I had installed all the working solutions about this graphic card but it isnt working to me, none of them. With the Yanick's solution i got a "garbaged screen", in the test2 pkg there are some instructions about installing kext, and there says about "radeonDH pkg contentd in the test1 pkg", i din't found it. 

I hope you could help me soon as posible. Thanks a lot. 

• 2 months later...

hello there,

i was trying to install ubuntu on my Toshiba A350-200 with ati HD3650. i wasnt able to get it running while having 4 GB of ram in that laptop, always black screen. i read somewhere this is a known issue, so i removed 2 GB of Ram, an ubuntu started up fine. Maybe there is the same issue on Mac OSX?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/341681

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I have read a lot of mobility 3650 and osx86 in the last days, but nothing works today :-(

My Notebook is a Toshiba A350-12d, wich is not sooo far away from Yannick's A300.

Everything is working except video and bluetooth. Bluetooth is not a Problem, but no driver for video sucks!

The provided Kexts do not work . (System halts on different states while booting)

But maybe Yannick can be useful for me and other people with this GPU. Maybe he has a clean Image from his OSX Partition that we can try? I think it will be easy to make it booting on other Machines so i wish to try it. If i have success i will release it for Public.

Yannick can you do us a favor und send me the Image? Its a lot of Data, but i can send you an account of my FTP Server for Uploading. So you can split it and push it on my Server.

This would be really nice for testing and discovering the differences between our configurations.

I'm dreaming of an Image release which user with this GPU can use...

Give it a try!

Thx

D-Brain

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All.

Toshiba P305-s8915

iPC 10.5.6

peace....

When you said "I d/l the RadeonHD.kext, and trial2(rv635)"

What file do you mean by RadeonHD.kext?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 (id:9591) on Sony Vaio VGN-FW285D. I installed iPC 10.5.6, and I tried to install the Test 1 with Radeon HD kext, with no luck (max res. and just setting Graphics Mode 1400x1050). Then I tried with Test 2 and Radeon HD, same story (removing previously all ATI and Nvidia Kext, I tried also keeping those kext).

I tried also upgrading to 10.5.8 with Combo upgrade, but the video crashed, I solved it reinstlling Test 1 (or 2 is the same for me) and the Radeon HD, but still no CI/QE and no full res... :(

After many trying, I found at least a solution for the Full Resolution, that was working for 10.5.6 and for 10.5.8, and pretty easy.

I just install iPC with no ATI drivers, I didn't remove any ATI Kext pre-installed with the system, and then I just installed the Radeon HD Kext. Upgrading to 10.5.8 video crash. Booting -x and installing in S/L/E all the ATI Kext from the 10.5.6 and the Radeon HD, is working fine.

My resolution is now 1920x1080 but still NO CI/QE.

Any solution to enable the QE??

My system is almost working, I just miss the internal wifi(I'm using an usb wifi now), the Motion eye, and sleep mode.

Any help is really appreciate.

• 4 weeks later...

SONY VAIO FW-11 --> WORKING!

I own a Sony Vaio FW11-ZU. After some days messing with various releases without results (10.5.6, 10.5.7), I got iPortable (10.6.2), created a partition and restored (via CopyCat) the image on a partition of the hard drive. The first time you'll have a resolution of 1024x768x32.

Using the attached (into the folder Hackintosh, Snow Drivers, Video drivers) ATI RadeonHD.kext I succeeded to have a perfectly working OS. I use a 1600x900x32 resolution.

There is just a bug that makes you mouse cursor disappear, solved by editing Info.plist before installing RadeonHD.kext: you have to change the value of enableHwCursor to FALSE, or NO.

After that, everything works fine!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All.

Toshiba P305-s8915

iPC 10.5.6

peace....

Thats great! Fantastic. I use the iPC distro too on version 10.5.6. I have everything working on my ASUS M50SA-X1 laptop working and all thats left is the graphics. I have 3650 mobility 1GB, now what I have done is gone through dong's forums etc and with his help and all others which I am so grateful for I managed to get it to boot with 1280x800 graphics but no CI/QE but Quartz GL enabled. So, Im ready for the procedure my friend... Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

I am waiting on Xxx x86 Leopard 10.5.6 download, after I will get into this issue very well. Then I might be able to solve this Mobility Issue. I want all hands on deck, but anybody working on it now should keep posting anytime there's a change or improvement. Mobility Radeon 3650 DEFINITELY has a solution!!! So don't worry guys, it will come out soon.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Petopay

I want to appeal to you. In a world overflowing with lies, hatred and greed, there are exists such bright and good people like you. You are doing holy work in the struggle against the policies of Apple. When I was diagnosed as MAC's fun, I couldn't believe my ears. I tried to do everything I could but without any success 'cause I am living in a poor third world country and have no money. I have an old pc, and unfortunatelly it has video card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650. You are my last chance of getting driver for MAC 10.5.8 Leopard. Tell dear, if you could forge that driver in the name of bright and beautiful things which still exists in this world. While there are people like you, I am sure that good conquer evil.

With deepest respect, Tibetan monk Ishchenko Kostya

• 4 months later...

B U M P

I have a Dell Studio 1737 with ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 (0x9591)

Has there been any progress the last few months.

I used to have Leopard 10.5.5 but due to alot of boot problems, i upgraded to 10.6.3.

Now i have almost everything working, except the graphics card!

Please help me!

iC.