452 replies to this topic

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
hi, guys,
I'm trying with my Toshiba P300 with 512mb ATI Mobility HD 3650.
got C/I QE so called "enabled", all resolutions with Vanilla. exciting thing, hum?
but this is a not a real success!
no video can be played, mice moves like thousands tons heavy, refresh rate is n/a, many program can not be launched.
btw, I try will many combinations of all the kext, HD3650 PKG, natit, this result is the most likely to be the real one.
guessing it's the frame buffer problem,
my screen blinks slightly, which surely will kill my eyes if I don't turn it off, or/and it will kill my screen.

Attached Files

Sign_90

Sign_90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
my laptop is a Toshiba A300-1DV.I've tried the YannickD's kext but not work!!!
(I've tired with iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5, iDeneb 1.3 10.5.6, iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 and Kalyway 10.5.6)

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

my laptop is a Toshiba A300-1DV.I've tried the YannickD's kext but not work!!!
(I've tired with iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5, iDeneb 1.3 10.5.6, iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 and Kalyway 10.5.6)

P300 should have the similar mobo as A300. some one posted sucessful installation on Toshiba. but I doute it's a true sucess.

my way was one of possible combinations of fuji1.kext, natit, Yanik.kext.

BTW, could YannickD verify and report where what he got is a true sucess? i.e, play DVD or avi file?

YannickD

YannickD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

P300 should have the similar mobo as A300. some one posted sucessful installation on Toshiba. but I doute it's a true sucess.

my way was one of possible combinations of fuji1.kext, natit, Yanik.kext.

BTW, could YannickD verify and report where what he got is a true sucess? i.e, play DVD or avi file?

just tell me what you want to see.

and by the way , i think refresh rate will never be available on laptop displays because they are lcds and have a fixed refresh rate.
and i'm not sure if this is part of your problem , but you dont have quartzgl enabled , you should enable it (in osx86tools or somewhere else).

oh and i'm really not the kind of guy who is all like "use the search function" ... but why dont you have a look here:Mouse tearing

caryntjen

caryntjen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Ok I used the Fuijlives (or something like that) his kext also black screen internal, blue screen external.

Also tried for a second time YannicD, first installed Test 1 reboot, then installed his kext, same thing, black and blue screen.

Also when I added the kext with Kext Helper b7 when I reboot it says Updating Boot Caches.

Is there another way to try? I really would like to get things work on my Toshiba A300.
It's the Appledecrypt things I keep getting when I boot with -v -f. Is there a solution to it?

liupingguo

liupingguo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

just tell me what you want to see.

and by the way , i think refresh rate will never be available on laptop displays because they are lcds and have a fixed refresh rate.
and i'm not sure if this is part of your problem , but you dont have quartzgl enabled , you should enable it (in osx86tools or somewhere else).

oh and i'm really not the kind of guy who is all like "use the search function" ... but why dont you have a look here:Mouse tearing

LCD surely has refresh rate, no matter under windows or OS X.
this is screenshot of my desktop which works perfectly with dual LCD, using Asus Geforce 8400GS.
Please report a DVD player or Movie player status, thank you! I just want be sure there is a way to get all things working.

Attached Files

YannickD

YannickD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

LCD surely has refresh rate, no matter under windows or OS X.
this is screenshot of my desktop which works perfectly with dual LCD, using Asus Geforce 8400GS.
Please report a DVD player or Movie player status, thank you! I just want be sure there is a way to get all things working.

Of course they have a refresh rate, but on built in lcds its a fixed one (look it up on windows, its 60hz) and osx therefore doesn't allow to change it , simply because it can't be changed. You can read it here if you want.It's a different thing on a desktop computer.

On my laptop, both vlc and itunes play videos and dvds flawless.

Posted Image

Joao Paulo Mello

Joao Paulo Mello

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys.
I have a Sony VAIO FW160 16:9 widescreen with a Mobility Radeon HD 3400 series ( 0x95C4 ). I have tried all possibilities and combinations with all those kexts. I have installed iDeneb 10.5.6 and IPC 10.5.6 and no go ( no screen, black screen, disco screen and so on ), I don't have a HDMI cable, I think it's a bios thing but I can't activate external VGA output in keyboard and there's no such option in bios, this notebbok bios sucks I can only change boot sequence.

Everyday I'll be here, if you guys need some tests...

thanks in advance.

VIC_CN

VIC_CN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Well here is another picture

Posted Image

We still need to figure out some things and we need testers....

Hey~I have a Mobility HD3470 and I deadly need a driver that can open qe/ci.
Do you need testers of Mobility HD3470 and other mobility radeons? Or just Mobility HD3650 individually?

nzouber

nzouber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hey Guys, I'm on an Asus M70sa with Mobility HD 3650 1Gb... just tried YannickD kext's and result is Black screen on internal, and Blue screen on VGA external, haven't tested HDMI on external (don't have the cable).

But when I do: ioreg -l w0 | grep "HDID" , it returnes nothing! This means that LCD Edid is not detected! I think Fugilives was right, we have to dump the EDID on windows and then insert it in Natit... somehow...

Here's the interesting part of my system.log after the installation of YannickD kext's:

Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: VGA: family specific matching fails
Mar 13 01:18:42: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: device-id: 0x9591
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Found device
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Found device name
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,PlatformInfo=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFICompileDate=Dec 18 2007
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIEnabledMode=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,Copyright=Copyright AMD Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2005-2008
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,display-connect-flags=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIHWInitStatus=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,IOSpaceOffset=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,MCLK=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,Rom#=113-B1480A-236
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,ATY,EFIDisplay=TMDSA
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIDriverType=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting model=ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650(Vanilla)
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting MVAD=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,display-type=NONE
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL01,blackscreen-preferences=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL00,blackscreen-preferences=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,backlight-control=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,RegisterSpaceOffset=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,display-type=LCD
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting name=ATY,MegalodonParent
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,aux-power-connected=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,FrameBufferOffset=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,MemVendorID=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,MemRevisionID=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,connector-type=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIOrientation=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,VRAM,memsize=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,EMC-Display-List=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,MRT=
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,compatible=ATY,Megalodon
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,RefCLK=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,name=ATY,Megalodon
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL01,Coherency=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,SCLK=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,AAPL,boot-display=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,name=ATY,Megalodon
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,compatible=ATY,Megalodon
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,Card#=109-B148xx-00
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,HWGPIO=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,PCIConfigSpace=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,connector-type=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIVersionBios=113-B14801-023
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,EFIVersion=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting device_type=ATY,MegalodonParent
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,VRAM,memsize=<data not shown>
Mar 13 01:18:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting ATY,VendorID=<data not shown>

So clearly Natit detect the card and assign it values... We have to check if those value are correct (like VRAM etc.) and if not, correct them in Natit's plist... Then try to add the EDID data in the same plist.

If EDID is present, than the framebuffer will know what screen it has to deal with and consequently will send the correct signal to the screen.

So essentially from what I understand, the problem is that the display connection on most laptop with ATI mobility prevent it to automatically transfer the Diplay's EDID info to Mac OSX. So by dumping it the EDID in windows and inserting it in Natit, it should solve the problem.

I'll try that soon and report back. I think we're almost there guys! Let's do our best and solve this problem as soon as possible!

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

So essentially from what I understand, the problem is that the display connection on most laptop with ATI mobility prevent it to automatically transfer the Diplay's EDID info to Mac OSX. So by dumping it the EDID in windows and inserting it in Natit, it should solve the problem.

I'll try that soon and report back. I think we're almost there guys! Let's do our best and solve this problem as soon as possible!

may the force be with you.. good luck

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
we can insert EDID into natit, but what's the point? OSX doesn't know which way to send signal, we need to insert connector tables, so it could detect EDID automaticaly and send signal in right way. connector tables are hardcoded in linux opensource drivers. deadbeef is working on that

nzouber

nzouber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
@Aidass, you must be right man! I tried EVERYTHING or at least, but no luck, tried to insert EDID in every possible way... but no luck, Display Overides no luck...!

What's weird is that i see better result without natit!

In fact without Natit the screen gets scrambled and I can see some effect of the mouse moving! Furthermore there is still computer hard drive activity! But with Natit it get's stuck to black screen internal and a complete halt to all computer activity! Even the hard-drive completely stops... Thats not a good sign...

I think the connector table idea is great! If you guys can acheive this you're really geniouses! It's our only hope for now... @Deafbeef good luck man! Keep us informed! :)

may the force be with you.. good luck

Thanks man! But I'm really sorry... I've tried my BEST, coding C++ and working with this EDID stuff but no sucess... :)

Guys, Also let's hope that 10.5.7 which is already out (or coming pretty soon) will have some new framebuffers, drivers ...etc. that are more Mobility friendly and with better display detection! :)

Sign_90

Sign_90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
is possible work with mobility 3650 on my Toshiba A300-1DV???

with which kext??I have tried them all and they do not work.

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
you're doing something wrong then

caryntjen

caryntjen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

is possible work with mobility 3650 on my Toshiba A300-1DV???

with which kext??I have tried them all and they do not work.

I've tried them on my Toshibe A300-AI1 and they also didn't work ;). I'm having a lot of AppleDecript errors... You?

(boot with -v -f)

tallgeese04

tallgeese04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi all,

I've been trying to get my ATi mobility hd3650 to work for few days now..
First I tried the Kalyway 10.5.2, installed all kext from the package Trial2 RV636, which YannickD used. At first it seemed like everything worked, got the 1280x800 resolution, mouse, dock.. everything worked smooth.
Couldn't play videos though, got bit of sound.. and black screen. Also noticed yesterday, that if I would drag a window over desktop fast, it would kind of break (not smooth at all).
Tried to update my install to 10.5.6, but failed, don't really get that whole DTSt patching and stuff :unsure:

Today I have installed the iPC 10.5.6 Final, since I couldn't update the Kalyway, I thought perhaps this would work. Installed the kexts, same results as with previous install, except that if I drag any window fast it goes smooth, without any graphic breaks. Also tried to play a dvd.. sound works perfect, get fullscreen, but black.. :(
Btw, in the readme of the Trial2 RV636, it says to repair permissions after, I skipped that part, because when I used it last time and rebooted, whole screen was messed up.. blocks, few colors,, etc.

I liked the Kalyway install better, for some reason now the system sees my videocard as 512mb instead of 256mb and it seems im running 1440x instead of 1280x... I doubt this helps anyone, still wanted to share.

Cheers.

!!! UPDATE !!!

Because of the wrong hardware info, and some boot errors messages, I decided to install Kalyway 10.5.2 again.
This time I installed the Trial 1 package first (the one with mobility3650pkg) and guess what, it WORKS!!!
First thing that I noticed was, the task bar became transparent, didnt have that with the Trial2 RV636..
The video worked, finally got some animation instead black screen.. BUT it was like it had trouble with playing, the sound was being interrupted all the time, so I installed some new sound patches from iPC OSx86 and perfect!

ALSO important! In my case, I installed Trial 1 package first , rebooted and it was ready! But due the sound issue I thought I needed to install the Trial2, BUT NO! It made things worse, so I reinstalled Trial1 again, tried some new Audio patches and thats IT!

If screenshots needed, I will post them later, need to figure out how to make and save them in OS X :P

Posted Image

humas

humas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my ATi mobility hd3650 to work for few days now..
First I tried the Kalyway 10.5.2, installed all kext from the package Trial2 RV636, which YannickD used. At first it seemed like everything worked, got the 1280x800 resolution, mouse, dock.. everything worked smooth.
Couldn't play videos though, got bit of sound.. and black screen. Also noticed yesterday, that if I would drag a window over desktop fast, it would kind of break (not smooth at all).
Tried to update my install to 10.5.6, but failed, don't really get that whole DTSt patching and stuff :wacko:

Today I have installed the iPC 10.5.6 Final, since I couldn't update the Kalyway, I thought perhaps this would work. Installed the kexts, same results as with previous install, except that if I drag any window fast it goes smooth, without any graphic breaks. Also tried to play a dvd.. sound works perfect, get fullscreen, but black.. :(
Btw, in the readme of the Trial2 RV636, it says to repair permissions after, I skipped that part, because when I used it last time and rebooted, whole screen was messed up.. blocks, few colors,, etc.

I liked the Kalyway install better, for some reason now the system sees my videocard as 512mb instead of 256mb and it seems im running 1440x instead of 1280x... I doubt this helps anyone, still wanted to share.

Cheers.

!!! UPDATE !!!

Because of the wrong hardware info, and some boot errors messages, I decided to install Kalyway 10.5.2 again.
This time I installed the Trial 1 package first (the one with mobility3650pkg) and guess what, it WORKS!!!
First thing that I noticed was, the task bar became transparent, didnt have that with the Trial2 RV636..
The video worked, finally got some animation instead black screen.. BUT it was like it had trouble with playing, the sound was being interrupted all the time, so I installed some new sound patches from iPC OSx86 and perfect!

ALSO important! In my case, I installed Trial 1 package first , rebooted and it was ready! But due the sound issue I thought I needed to install the Trial2, BUT NO! It made things worse, so I reinstalled Trial1 again, tried some new Audio patches and thats IT!

If screenshots needed, I will post them later, need to figure out how to make and save them in OS X :P

Hello. Can you put the links for the drivers you used, and aventualy the axact steps that you did (if you run repair permission or how did you installed exact)
How did you installed Kalyway? What did you selact for the instalation? I have also Toshiba A300 so I want to do the exact steps you did. Thanks

tallgeese04

tallgeese04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hello. Can you put the links for the drivers you used, and aventualy the axact steps that you did (if you run repair permission or how did you installed exact)
How did you installed Kalyway? What did you selact for the instalation? I have also Toshiba A300 so I want to do the exact steps you did. Thanks

Hi,

Well, even though I installed Kalyway, there are still some things that dont work properly, (usb, wifi, standby).
I dont know exactly what your specs. are with sound and all..anyway this is how I did it..

Kalyway 10.5.2

Kernels
kernel_vanilla_922

Graphics_Drivers
select nothing

Audio_Drivers
Intel NVIDIA VIA ATI HDAudioController
NVIDIAAC97Audio
Realtek Sigmatel ConexantAnalogDevicesHDAudioCodec (generic output support)
ALC883_DS3,p5k pro etc...
alc889a_shutdown_support
ALC882_p5w_dh_deluxe
sigmatel_9200_inspiron_9400

(I selected them all, and later added several from iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Final)
Conexant HiDef Audio
Sigmater 9200
ALC889A
ALC883
ALC882

Networks_Drivers
select nothing

Networks_Cards
select nothing

Mobo_Chipsets
AppleNForceATA
AppleOnboardPCATA
AppleVIAATA
AppleGenericPCATA
SiliconImage3132

Thirds_Applications (will be installed in /applications/KOOLSOFTS/)
candybar
Growl
GmailNotifier
kextHelperB7
onyx
pacifist
vlc
xbench

Others PATCHES
Francais_pc_keyboard_layout
TimeMachineFix
PowerManagement_bundle (don't install it if you have select sse2 patch !!!)
IntelMemoryController
USBPCGen (fix usbehci detection problem , enable usb2)
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After install, first boot... I installed first: Trial 1 mobility3650, video worked perfect after reboot!!!

*** Due the sound issues I tried to install the Trial 2 RV636. (download: here) which ruined it all again.. so I reinstalled the first package and applied few new patches from iPC and thats it!! ***

Until today I always tried the Trial2 first... while the very first package solves everything, (for my system).

For network I used this: Marvel Yukon 88E8040T
Wifi still not working...

Hope that this helps you.

humas

humas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have done the same but still not working. My configuration it is not the same like yours and probably that is the reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy