PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

I don't have a concrete answer for you, but I have both installed and both seem to be working as they are supposed to and not interfering with one another. :whistle:

Thank you for your reply.

I have 3 questions:

1)The ACPICPUThrottle v1.01 works well I think, but when I work without power supply (only with batteries) the laptop work slow, and sound works bad. And when I plug power supply again, I work slow until restart (with power supply, of course).

2)I use the autostart version, Can I use the GUI to config the application? Where is the GUI? I have the three files.

I need the two features: CPU change speed and precise battery metter, and for this I installed both.

Thank you.

Greetings.

@james2mart

The update by default replaces the PowerManagement.bundle with the standard one. What I have gotten used to doing is copying the patched bundle to my desktop before updating then recopying it over after an update. The patched bundle works fine with 10.4.7.

First of all, thanks for you're efforts. It's seems that you've already helped to a lot of people.

My english wasn't so good but i'll try to explain what happened to my laptop.

I have the laptop described on my signature with OSX 10.4.7. I have tried to get ACPI because of the noise of the fans and i have downloaded from this forum and installed three things:

- ACPICPUThrottle_v1.02_autostart.tar

- PowerManagement.tar

- BatteryTimeRemaining.c

Now, i have the battery icon at the top of my bar, but i still heard the sound of the fans all the time and my battery will die in less than an hour. I wonder if you please could help me to solve this and make my Apple's transition even more delicious.

I send here one of the outputs that i've seen on the posts (for my machine, of course):

panchito:~ alcapone$ sysctl -a | grep

hw.cpukern.exec: unknown type returned

hw.cpufrequency = 1067000000

hw.cputype: 7

hw.cpusubtype: 4

hw.cpufrequency: 1067000000

hw.cpufrequency_min: 1067000000

hw.cpufrequency_max: 1600000000

panchito:~ alcapone$

• 2 weeks later...

Well everything worked for me just fine. I loved having the icon availible again making it easy to change my settings at will. Is the DVD problem ever going to be addressed? If not then I won't be able to use it, I have to have my DVD capability. Has anyone found a fix?

I would post my log files, but they look just like the others people have posted with this problem, no need to repost them.

Thanks for you hard work, you did a fantastic job with this project.

HP Pavilion zd8230us

Please excuse me if my question has already been answered but I was wondering wether this bundle - being ACPI related - could help me to turn off properly my Hackintosh which is build on an Asrock 775Dual-915GL mobo.

It seems ACPI isn't handled as it should be in this case, because plugged USB devices prevent OS X to fully shutdown.

Thx for advices.

• 3 weeks later...

Working on Gateway M280 tablet pc, running JaS OSx86 10.4.7. Thanks a lot for this great release. This time it does provide up-to-date information on my power status.

The only problem I am having is that the insomnia method stopped to work. I am not sure if it happened after I installed this bundle or the 10.4.7 update, but if anyone here knows how to get this working again, please let me know. I am using the insomnia.zip method on the /Library/StartupItems and it did work for me before. Now it does not, so any advice is welcome.

Hi,

since I´ve updated to 10.4.7 my Powermanagement didn´t work too. With 10.4.6 it was working...

x50:~ habib$ sysctl -a | grep hw.cpu

kern.exec: unknown type returned

hw.cpufrequency = 2130000000

hw.cputype: 7

hw.cpusubtype: 4

hw.cpufrequency: 2130000000

hw.cpufrequency_min: 2130000000

hw.cpufrequency_max: 2130000000

Habib

Guest goodtime

:D:):D

I have a Compaq X1000 laptop running MacOS 10.4.7 (Upgraded from JaS 10.4.6).

It is a thrill having a Batter Meter back again! The only think I cannot do on this laptop is close the lid while is it running (locks up). This Symptom showed up after 10.4.6 (10.4.3 seemed okay as I vaguely rememember).

Anyways, Great job on this bundle! Battery Meter rocks.

GT

post-22137-1154913260_thumb.png

I have a hp dv1520 and I didn't have a battery meter at all, in fact my sys profile didn't even show a battery installed. After I used this I now have a battery in sys profile and I can get the meter and percentages, but it just says calculating when I switch it to time.....In all honesty thats still a step up from not having it all...so thank you very much

Great work!

haven't tested dvd play but i used vlc anyways!

Pretty sure I copied the PowerManagment.bundle over again after upgrading to 10.4.7, but the battery monitor isn't back, so I don't know if the driver needs updating or not.

*EDIT*

I re-downloaded the .bundle and applied it and the battery meter works now and so does the remaining power calculation.