• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

enli

enli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I hope there will be some script to automate the process or the working release of the live-dvd itself. Cant wait!!

Keep up the the good work

spartango

spartango

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
1000ft view of LiveDVD for clarification. This should be identical to USB:
Bootloader (Darwin, Boot-132 system)
--> finds mach_kernel, extensions.mkext, boot.plist -- Directly on dvd.
--> launches kernel, loads kexts.
--> kernel searches DVD for disk image(live.dmg, the desktop install) and mounts it.
Netboot/liveboot proceeds.

btw, the PXE idea is a really cool possibility. Give it a try: netboot for hackintosh awaits.

matrog

matrog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

1. Prepare the target media with boot-132. There are plenty of tuts in the genius bar for this...

I need help on this point.... I can't find the right thread in the genius bar ;)

Powaking

Powaking

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Is it possible to create this in a virtual environment like say VMWare? Hate to have to pull out a drive and go through another install just to create a live disc.

lyax

lyax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Do these instructions work for non-leopard versions of OS X, such as 10.4.x?

Thanks guys, you all are great.

SymPak

SymPak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I will test this on my Macbook Pro tonight. Nice Work ;)

Cris900

Cris900

iDeneb Team Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Working amazing here...

All tanks and congratz to the team!

:D

please, can you tell me instruction for make dvd bootable (1) becouse i have copied the file from my cd boot132 that i used for retail and this not work......
thanks....

cartri

cartri

Just a Cone

• Donators
  • 407 posts
Can we burn this into a pendrive?

McPhil

McPhil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Can we burn this into a pendrive?

You cant "Burn it" for the simple fact that you cant burn anything into a usb drive like you could a cd. you can copy tho :P

and if you refer to the first post

This method provides a way to boot from media that are read-only by diverting all writes to a ramdisk. This means it can be used to boot from a dvd(described here), USB drive, or pretty much any other media. It uses BOOT-132/Darwin as a boot loader and then exploits Apple's netboot and imageboot systems to boot from a disk image.

im sure you could have saved yourself some humiliation :P..

also, might wanna clean up your sig some so its about half that size before the mods come in and recklessly destroy it

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
Could someone help / add "Live DVD script part" the team of the INSTAHackintosh Tool (an shell script making OSX86 (bootable) DVD out of an orig. OS X Leo DVD( .dmg) ?

http://forum.insanel...howtopic=136138

Would be fine !
I think for the founders of the live dvd way (with shell script knowledge) it will be not heavy work.
Most shell programming (lot of work, working already since V 1.0 !!!) is done and adding the new part "Live DVD (.iso)" will be only a short step of shell programming, but big step for OSX86_humanzied fans in 2009 !

cartri

cartri

Just a Cone

• Donators
  • 407 posts

im sure you could have saved yourself some humiliation rolleyes.gif..

also, might wanna clean up your sig some so its about half that size before the mods come in and recklessly destroy it

Sorry, im here since a time when people did not humiliate each other, but helped each other.
I'm sure the mods are more respectfull about any concern than you showed on your comment.

About the "burn" it was just a way of saying... even being possible to use the "repair" on disk utility to expand disk images into normal read and write drives.
About the signature, it showed a quite hard-to-run hardware wich in that time of the osx86 project (we started at 10.4.4 versions) could help people identifying what is or isnt possible to run, including the audio kext made by me for the soundcard, and the north and southbridge for identifying AGPGart compability. Anyway it isnt my hardware anymore, i have to update it.

I'm really sorry for the community seeing such a kind of answer here. Things grow, gain volume, and sometimes loose quality.

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Hello to all

I was just wondering if somebody else could write a definitive guide on how to make a LIVE DVD, and include what the person will need to make their own.

Thank you for your time

All the best

NSCXP2005

Cris900

Cris900

iDeneb Team Maker

• Members
  • 4,246 posts
My only doubt is the point 1 of the guide: how to create a bootable DVD with boot132 ..... I have tried, but the boot of the dvd, does not work .....
Anyone who has tried, can post a detailed procedure?
spartango, please answer me :)

thanks...

adamsweeting

adamsweeting

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

My only doubt is the point 1 of the guide: how to create a bootable DVD with boot132 ..... I have tried, but the boot of the dvd, does not work .....
Anyone who has tried, can post a detailed procedure?

thanks...

Same here Cris... It's driving me nuts now. I'm no n00b, but this has me stumped.

I've made about 4 coasters so far.

I've planted the correct files from the GALAXY_BOOT disc (Boot132), but I can't get the DVD to boot for the life of me!

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Hi Cris900 & adamsweeting,

I have just noticed at the INSTAHackintosh thread that STLVNUB has implemented the creation of LIVEDVD into his tool, if you look here you will see his post.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=129593&view=findpost&p=1027480

We will all soon be able to make this without any problems.

All the best

NSCXP2005

Cris900

Cris900

iDeneb Team Maker

• Members
  • 4,246 posts
They are two different projects .... me interested in the LiveDVD not INSTAHACKINTOSH with support of liveDVD :) ....
...The guide is to create live, I must point out only 1 of driving .... the rest is easy .....
Waiting Spartango ....

...Once I understood the point 1, so I can try to make a script to automate everything ....

ToroLoco

ToroLoco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I am interested in this live DVD since my system is AMD and I want to test another system that it is Intel based and I don't have the external HD in order to install there and then make a Live DVD.

Is there a working image of the Live DVD?

Cris900

Cris900

iDeneb Team Maker

• Members
  • 4,246 posts
I tried again but without success ...... mmmm .... I don't understand why DVD no boots ....

dopeyo

dopeyo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
ToroLoco, I might be wrong, but I think there is no 'working image' of the Live DVD because every Hackintosh is unique.

You need a configuration that works on your Hack. The Live DVD that I build on my Intel Mobo Hackintosh won't run on the Gigabyte Hackintosh that you own.

Perhaps you can look thru the .sigs and find someone who has the same mobo, CPU, video card, etc, that you have, and contact them for guidance.

Cris900

Cris900

iDeneb Team Maker

• Members
  • 4,246 posts
dopeyo: I read that you has builded on your Intel Mobo Hackintosh a LiveDVD; can you ask me how make dvd bootable?!?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy