2009 Live DVD

spartango

123 posts in this topic

im sure you could have saved yourself some humiliation rolleyes.gif..

also, might wanna clean up your sig some so its about half that size before the mods come in and recklessly destroy it

Sorry, im here since a time when people did not humiliate each other, but helped each other.

I'm sure the mods are more respectfull about any concern than you showed on your comment.

About the "burn" it was just a way of saying... even being possible to use the "repair" on disk utility to expand disk images into normal read and write drives.

About the signature, it showed a quite hard-to-run hardware wich in that time of the osx86 project (we started at 10.4.4 versions) could help people identifying what is or isnt possible to run, including the audio kext made by me for the soundcard, and the north and southbridge for identifying AGPGart compability. Anyway it isnt my hardware anymore, i have to update it.

I'm really sorry for the community seeing such a kind of answer here. Things grow, gain volume, and sometimes loose quality.

Hello to all

I was just wondering if somebody else could write a definitive guide on how to make a LIVE DVD, and include what the person will need to make their own.

Thank you for your time

All the best

NSCXP2005

My only doubt is the point 1 of the guide: how to create a bootable DVD with boot132 ..... I have tried, but the boot of the dvd, does not work .....

Anyone who has tried, can post a detailed procedure?

spartango, please answer me :)

thanks...

My only doubt is the point 1 of the guide: how to create a bootable DVD with boot132 ..... I have tried, but the boot of the dvd, does not work .....

Anyone who has tried, can post a detailed procedure?

thanks...

Same here Cris... It's driving me nuts now. I'm no n00b, but this has me stumped.

I've made about 4 coasters so far.

I've planted the correct files from the GALAXY_BOOT disc (Boot132), but I can't get the DVD to boot for the life of me!

Hi Cris900 & adamsweeting,

I have just noticed at the INSTAHackintosh thread that STLVNUB has implemented the creation of LIVEDVD into his tool, if you look here you will see his post.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=129593&view=findpost&p=1027480

We will all soon be able to make this without any problems.

All the best

NSCXP2005

They are two different projects .... me interested in the LiveDVD not INSTAHACKINTOSH with support of liveDVD :) ....

...The guide is to create live, I must point out only 1 of driving .... the rest is easy .....

Waiting Spartango ....

...Once I understood the point 1, so I can try to make a script to automate everything ....

I am interested in this live DVD since my system is AMD and I want to test another system that it is Intel based and I don't have the external HD in order to install there and then make a Live DVD.

Is there a working image of the Live DVD?

ToroLoco, I might be wrong, but I think there is no 'working image' of the Live DVD because every Hackintosh is unique.

You need a configuration that works on your Hack. The Live DVD that I build on my Intel Mobo Hackintosh won't run on the Gigabyte Hackintosh that you own.

Perhaps you can look thru the .sigs and find someone who has the same mobo, CPU, video card, etc, that you have, and contact them for guidance.

dopeyo - I think Cris and I have the same issue - We just can't get the DVD to the bootloader (at least I think Cris has the same issue as me!)

I have created the live.dmg on the computer I wish to use it on, so I know I have all the correct kexts.

When I set the BIOS to boot from the DVD drive, it just doesn't get to the Darwin bootloader. It just times out, then boots off the next availalbe device (i.e. my hard drive)

Need to know if there are any specific settings / steps to take to make the DVD bootable.

As I said earlier, I have taken all the files off a boot132 CD that I know works on my hardware (I used it to do my Retail install) - then added my /System/Library/Extensions.mkext, and /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist along with the live.dmg.

Could someone please take 5 mins to just elaborate on the steps in the first post?

P.S. - I've also tried to get a USB stick to boot, and I can't get that to boot either! - But I don't know if thats to do with my BIOS settings or not... *sigh*

yes, i know, but i'm not interested using the retail for make liveDVD, but dmg that i already maked .... then I support the LiveDVD is something more than instahackintosh not the purpose .....

However, I am happy to be implemented, but I would rather have my leopard installed on hdd I already ready .... I need only know how to make the bootable dvd .... will be a stupid thing but I have not been successful .. .... aspect Spartango or STLVNUB or anyone has been successful .....

:)

Sorry, im here since a time when people did not humiliate each other, but helped each other.

I'm sure the mods are more respectfull about any concern than you showed on your comment.

About the "burn" it was just a way of saying... even being possible to use the "repair" on disk utility to expand disk images into normal read and write drives.

About the signature, it showed a quite hard-to-run hardware wich in that time of the osx86 project (we started at 10.4.4 versions) could help people identifying what is or isnt possible to run, including the audio kext made by me for the soundcard, and the north and southbridge for identifying AGPGart compability. Anyway it isnt my hardware anymore, i have to update it.

I'm really sorry for the community seeing such a kind of answer here. Things grow, gain volume, and sometimes loose quality.

geez bro, its just a little friendly torching, you need to chill

Hey !

I am French and I do not understand exactly all that is said in this topic cause my english is very bad (sorry) .

I understood that it is possible to make a liveDVD of Mac OS X (10.5 ? ) but your "How-TO" is too much complicated for me I do not control enough:-)

Is here a gentleman who speaks French and who can explain me what it is necessary to make? Or is there a .torrent without customized sessions?

I have 2 computer :

- iMac intel "white" with Mac OS X 10.5.6

- Fujitsu siemens "amilo Li 1718" <==(but hackintosh CD's don't work : the pilots of my hard disc are not found and Mac does not find HD.)

In fact, I want to use MAC OS X on my PC.

Can anybody help me?

(You can use my email if I contaminate this topic : hazertyck@gmail.com )

thank you very much

From my understanding, this method only makes a PC LiveDVD for OS X Leopard. To use NetBoot on the new Intel Macs (with EFI) we would have to bypass the DHCP server that the NetBoot process (as far as I understand) requires. Do we have any ideas on how to have a "universal" (i.e. supported PCs and all Macs) LiveDVD/USB?

If there is a way to trick EFI into NetBooting the image from the DVD/USB, then we are good.

Good Great work!

It is really all about the rc script. I made a 10.5.5 Live DVD about four month ago but I didn't released it because

the network was somehow not working due to some user/ramdisk problems.

@Spartango:

If you are interested: I pimped the DVD maker tool from Rammjet to work with Leopard by including the image from

modbin and updated some scripts. I can pass it to you but it would need a few modifications to work with your solution.

That way, you could create a n00b-proof one click solution. Also, the script could be modified to skip other than wanted

Apps from the app folder, etc, so that we also can use a full installed system for live DVD creating.

btw. here is the Leo 911 desktop image I made for my last Live DVD ;)

defaultdesktoprv4.th.jpg

w2080.png

Good work!

It is really all about the rc script. I made a 10.5.5 Live DVD about two month ago but I didn't released it because

the network was somehow not working due to some user/ramdisk problems.

@Spartango:

If you are interested: I pimped the DVD maker tool from Rammjet to work with Leopard by including the image from

modbin. I can upload it but it would need a few modifications to work.

That way, you could create a n00b-proof one click solution.

I...can you please explain the point 1 of spartango's guide? ... how to make the disk bootable? Because guide is not explained very well ... (if possible step by step)

Please ;)...