• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

zik_man

zik_man

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Lot's of questions, first, how did you get Compiz Fusion to work in a virtual machine? I have VM Workstation 6 on XP and can not get Ubuntu Gutsy to work with Compiz at all.

2 where did you get that awesome windows theme for XP. It's like Royale & vista rolled into XP. What program did use to get those icons in XP. Very nice overall.

I think it's Ubuntu in native mode, because openGL acceleration it's not enable in vmware...

QuietOC

QuietOC

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

this was a little more involved to get setup, but is very interesting as it shows the evolution of MacOS from 7 to 10

Posted Image

Nice, but missing some steps. Mac OS 9.0.4 runs pretty well with Sheepshaver. I had Mac OS 8.1 running with SoftMac8 under XP Pro under Parallels 2.5, but I didn't have much need of running 680x0 apps after all.

Also, I can't see how you all are able to work with the OSX dock on the bottom of the screen.

Attached Files

• Attached File  os9.gif   127.59KB   114 downloads

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 807 posts
OS 9, Sheepshaver.

Attached Files

Ryu-ka

Ryu-ka

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Here's my unsuccessful virtualization.

Attached Files

PainWarlock

PainWarlock

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

This is my Windows XP with Vista Customization Pack :

you know those packs are full of spyware and when i installed vista transformation pack it told me i had a trojan and it destroyed my system luckily i could use ubuntu to retrieve my music files

Kari_Juhani

Kari_Juhani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Messing around, annoying other people, fixing things that are not broken, and - of course - put...
I had some trouble with Parallels, it did not start any Virtual OS. But it's solved now - if you have same trouble, remember to check Intel VT or Intel Virtualization Technics settings from BIOS :) [<- when you are a n00b, you can only blame yourself]

This topic was "Post your virtualization screenshot" .... well, im sure someone has figured out this before, but :

Set up Spaces, and you can have Virtual OS on other Desktop as "Full" and you can switch between them with F8.
like in my photo...
Attached File  Picture_2.png   210.07KB   57 downloads

Just open Paralles, and first OS. Push F8 and drag it to space2. Then open second, drag it to 3 and third...... Start them and use Full Screen mode and you have 3 - 4 os running, and by pushing F8 you switch

and as it seems, 3 OS running leaves some RAM free.. this is, if you - by some odd reason - need Windoze for something :angel:

Attached File  Picture_4.png   401.63KB   41 downloads

Of course you can use Coherence, but i prefer this.

bw,
Kari

ncd

ncd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well I got Parallels Desktop working. However I wasn't able to use my Vista partition off the bat. It would give me an error that it could not gain full access to the drive. Anyways, I got XP installed in a virtual drive and it works OK. It lets me use winamp!

Posted Image

hitoush

hitoush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Well here is my virtualization with Crossover, the advantage of this is that instead of installing a whole virtual machine (well, it does BUT) emulates .exe files like a mac application. Here is my iAtkos 5 emulating proyect64 (sixtyforce is a piece of {censored}) but is very unestable.
I also have VMWare and I will try now using it with Windows 7

Attached Files

Graebags

Graebags

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Here's my Fusion 2.05 Win7 virtual machine, running a Dvico Nano2 digital tuner. There's no Aero desktop support, but the VM runs reliably in unity mode.

Attached Files

bonfilio

bonfilio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Posted Image

Picked up Parallels 5 @ Target last week for $60. LOVE IT! Also have Crossover (just upgraded after the freebie expired) but nothing running in it. Everything shown is in Maclook -> Crystal mode.

Macwin64

Macwin64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted Image

Finally Got Snowy running successfullty on VMWARE ;) But cant increase the vram or make my GPU ditect so that i can run FCP :( is there a way to get fcp work on virtual mac my pc config is on my sig PLZ HELP ME IF U CAN

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted Image

Finally Got Snowy running successfullty on VMWARE :) But cant increase the vram or make my GPU ditect so that i can run FCP :( is there a way to get fcp work on virtual mac my pc config is on my sig PLZ HELP ME IF U CAN

Not possible to do this in VMware. If you need to use FCP you will need either a real Mac or a Hackintosh.

gsw953

gsw953

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I'm currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.4 in VirtualBox as a guest os with a Windows 7 Ultimate host
Attached File  desk3.PNG   1.05MB   33 downloads

gazzanova

gazzanova

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Posted Image

Wayang-NT

Wayang-NT

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
my Snow Leopard Server 10.6.4 64bits running Parallels Desktop 6 ......

Posted Image

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
Windows7 Professional SP1 host operating system
Oracle VirtualBox 4.1.22
Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Virtual Machine
Attached File  desktop_within_desktop.PNG   712.86KB   11 downloads

Intel i5-3570k (Ivy Bridge)
ASRock Extreme4-M
8 GB Corsair RAM
AMD 6770 1GB GDDR5
Original G5 Case

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

:)

Parallels 9 with Pear OS 7 / win7 / win8 

444309Capturedcran20140408012021.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy