ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

If I patch just the dsdt.aml file the program always crashes with a can't find dsdt.dsl file in vista and in xp the program always deletes the dsdt.asl file. If I patch a bios in either xp or vista (which ins't for my board) it works though.

If I patch just the dsdt.aml file the program always crashes with a can't find dsdt.dsl file in vista and in xp the program always deletes the dsdt.asl file. If I patch a bios in either xp or vista (which ins't for my board) it works though.

It's possible, I didn't test this function since 0.1.4.1, I may have broken it. 0.1.7.4 will fix it and will be released tomorrow.

If I patch just the dsdt.aml file the program always crashes with a can't find dsdt.dsl file in vista and in xp the program always deletes the dsdt.asl file.

Same here. I have an AMI BIOS, so I can only patch the DSDT.aml file.

Is there any chance to add support for AMI bios; or patch the extracted ACPI BIOS modules. Then I could just replace the original module with tha patched one and rebuild the BIOS file....

Excellent work anyways!

Thanks!

Is there anyway to use this without windows, because I don't have windows on my PC. Also is there anyway I could use the desktop GMA950 code without patching the BIOS (eg. EFI string.. etc)?

Sorry for being a noob, but this is way above my computing skills!

Is there anyway to use this without windows, because I don't have windows on my PC. Also is there anyway I could use the desktop GMA950 code without patching the BIOS (eg. EFI string.. etc)?

Sorry for being a noob, but this is way above my computing skills!

Yes, download bios for MB and patch it with marked option for generating DSDT.aml

I've made one based on MB type from your signature

Take a look

DSDT.aml.zip

roisoft, here is my IOREGISTRY and DSDT.aml

ontoid, I already have the DSDT.aml. I wanted the GFX fix for desktop GMA950. I don't have windows.

My dev-id is 2772!

Thanks in advance.

DSDT.aml from ur post does not have gma950 support in it.

The one that u find in my post have gfx patch, did you try it ?

____

Here is my lspci dump from ubuntu:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ/P/PL Memory Controller Hub (rev 02)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 02)

EDIT: ontoid, i just tried your DSDT.aml and it did not work. Still no resolution. I'm using PC-EFI v9

Thx

I reupload the file since I uploaded a wrong file.

If you have a ~400-500kb file you've got the good file.

(Only one person on rapidshare downloaded the wrong one ~767kb according to stats and no one on the forum)

koala, beware that the GMA950 address I posted will only work with desktop version. Laptop version has a different address.

Yes I know, that's why the next version will include the ability to select adress.

But the previous version had a wrong adress for all GMA 950 so it wasn't working.

Now, it works with desktop ones.

I'm getting an error trying to patch my BIOS (and it's ironically the same one in your screenshot - 965pds3.f14b):

cbrom.exe V1.82 [04/11/07] (C)Phoenix Technologies 2001-2007
[ACPI] ROM is extracted to acpi.xtr
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
AML Disassembler version 20081204 [Dec  4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20081204 [Dec  4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

dsdt.dsl   221:	 Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1080 -				 ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

dsdt.dsl   283:			 Store (Local0, Local0)
Error	4050 -						 ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

dsdt.dsl   288:			 Store (Local0, Local0)
Error	4050 -						 ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

dsdt.dsl   438: DTGP(Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf(Local0))
Error	4063 -	^ Object does not exist (DTGP)

ASL Input:  dsdt.dsl - 5651 lines, 186770 bytes, 2302 keywords
Compilation complete. 3 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 657 Optimizations

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, i follow that thread (using "other made" dsdt.aml) with much interest.

Q: DTGP

Is that DTGP section/fix a thing of mainboards with onboard gpu or for what stands DTGP ?

If you have some time in the future, i would it fine you make a very short background information readme about

what each fix / app option does.

What information / files do you need to put new GPU fixes and HDA (889A) into future apps ?

I use an efistring for my ATI 3850(megadlon FB link) and an dsdt changes (by hand) in the dsdt with GA-EP35-DS3.

Ok how does the ethernet fix work? I have manged to get the graphics fix working but I have no idea what the ethernet one is doing. You have to select the pci slot that it is under but how do we tell that? I know mine is under p0p1@1 but how does that relate to a pci slot? Or is there a way to manualy add or change the values needed for the ethernet fix. In other words what is it doing?

Ok how does the ethernet fix work? I have manged to get the graphics fix working but I have no idea what the ethernet one is doing. You have to select the pci slot that it is under but how do we tell that? I know mine is under p0p1@1 but how does that relate to a pci slot? Or is there a way to manualy add or change the values needed for the ethernet fix. In other words what is it doing?

For your mainboard, it's PEX4 for integrated network. You need to use IOReg to find it if you use another port.

Theorically it made your network adaptater recognize as built-in and en0, which is needed by Time Machine, Maya or other licensed soft.

Just click on "Fixes..." and check all.

That worked, thanks. Do you have a GA-965P-DS3?

I'm not sure what revision I have so I'm not sure if I should use F14B (latest for 3.3) or F13 (latest for 1.0/2.0) or even what the differences are between the two.

That worked, thanks. Do you have a GA-965P-DS3?

I'm not sure what revision I have so I'm not sure if I should use F14B (latest for 3.3) or F13 (latest for 1.0/2.0) or even what the differences are between the two.

F14b support more CPUs, but isn't compatible with 1.0 and 2.0. Have a look on your PCB and try to find revision or use Everest in Windows.

Yes I have one and an EG31MF-S2 rev 1.1.

My built in network card doesn't work with OSX so I use a pci addon card. My device path for the card is DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1e,0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0) and this is the ioreg info pertaining to my ethernet interface

+-o P0P1@1E  <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 11>
| |   | +-o IOPCI2PCIBridge  <class IOPCI2PCIBridge, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 11>
| |   |   +-o pci1106,3044@3  <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 8>
| |   |   | +-o AppleFWOHCI  <class AppleFWOHCI, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| |   |   |   +-o IOFireWireController  <class IOFireWireController, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 9>
| |   |   |	 +-o IOFireWireLocalNode  <class IOFireWireLocalNode, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 12>
| |   |   |	   +-o IOFireWireUserClientIniter  <class IOFireWireUserClientIniter, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 4>
| |   |   |	   +-o IOFireWireUserClientIniter  <class IOFireWireUserClientIniter, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 4>
| |   |   |	   +-o IOFireWireIP  <class IOFireWireIP, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| |   |   |		 +-o IOFWInterface  <class IOFWInterface, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 10>
| |   |   |		   +-o IONetworkStack  <class IONetworkStack, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 13>
| |   |   |			 +-o IONetworkStackUserClient  <class IONetworkStackUserClient, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| |   |   +-o pci9710,9805@2  <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| |   |   +-o ethernet@1  <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 9>
| |   |	 +-o com_apple_driver_RTL8139  <class com_apple_driver_RTL8139, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| |   |	   +-o IOEthernetInterface  <class IOEthernetInterface, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 10>
| |   |	   | +-o IONetworkStack  <class IONetworkStack, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 13>
| |   |	   |   +-o IONetworkStackUserClient  <class IONetworkStackUserClient, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| |   |	   +-o IOKernelDebugger  <class IOKernelDebugger, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

does this mean it is pci slot 1?