• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Why people still care about DSDT? is have been confirmed that you don't need DSDT in 10.5.6, I already tested my configuration without DSDT and works even more faster than when I was using it. DSDT is useless and slow your machine.

If you really think DSDT patch is not needed, maybe is cause you haven´t repaired any ... if you take a look to the code and it´s errors, you find the coders from Hp,sony,acer...etc, sometimes, don´t release a "perfect" code , and that´s a thing they had to.

There are really so many "special" bioses , with lots of issues, like the cpu aliases, faulty definitions on code, sintax errors, code not optimized...

Of course, you can be lucky and get a nice bios, with no errors or warnings cause the code, but this is the less of the times, normally would be better for you to check the dsdt and see what happends there.

Also, now it´s possible to add video injection on dsdt (no more injectors on memory), Time machine fix, audio (for certain soundcards), added compability for appleintelcpupowermanagement and RTC.kext (wich is better than use disablers) and who knows what else will appear on the future...

If you don´t want to use dsdt, it´s up to you, but don´t mislead others, cause they may really need it.

Koalala, thanks so much for this incredible application for windows, for sure, the people that can´t boot with two or more cores will love it so much.

Maclancer, please, inform yourself better about what is this and for WHO is it before post, cause the DSDT patcher was mainly thinked as a error repair tool, and as addon, the HPET and RTC patch.

Here i give you a link, so you can read a little about where this dsdt thing on osx comes:
http://forum.insanel...howtopic=132757

cVaD

cVaD

InsanelyMac Geek

• Coders
  • 217 posts
koalala

Thanks. Great work.
What about AMI BIOS-es?

koalala

koalala

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

koalala
Thanks. Great work.
What about AMI BIOS-es?

It's possible but cbrom for Award is freely distributed apparently.
AMI BIOS editor are illegals so I don't know if it's a good idea to include it.

BIM167

BIM167

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
But how would this method at Foxconn AA9657 use? There Feonix BIOS installed.
Sorry for my English - it is in machine translation.

kozlek

kozlek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 331 posts
koalala, could you add possibility to edit dsdt from bios file or include custom dsdt?

koalala

koalala

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
BIM167, the only way to know is to test.
If the BIOS is not compatible, cbrom will crash or loop.
In this case, you can patch DSDT.aml with the patcher and use Chameleon.

I just published 0.1.6 version, the main new functionnality is vanilla Network.

The next function to be added will be GFX DSDT since it's like HDEF Patch but its easier.

The HDEF Patch is delayed for the moment since it's Christmas and I've other things to do.
Status is in main page.
Maybe in a few days...

Edit : Mojodojo, yes I can do it's very simple and my version can do it since I use it for debugging, I will let it the next version.

ontoid

ontoid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
My first patched Bios seems to be ok, everything was smooth but ... no HPET (AppleIntelCPU....kext causes panic)
In case of using DSDTPatcher i had to use -newHPET to make it work
seems that this function id missing right now. Ethernet fix is ok time machine works w/o strings or patches.

Anyways this tool is very promising.
Tnx a lot.

BIM167

BIM167

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Attempting to install version 1.6.0 over 1.4.1 on a virtual machine failed. The log file is attached.

Attached Files

homepav

homepav

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
koalala,for me all has turned out only there is a question: after patch operation there is a file bios.rom 7 KB

Sorry for my English - it is in machine translation.

koalala

koalala

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
ontoid, the HPET Patch write a new HPET section and delete the older.
Can you post you're BIOS please.
It may be a problem in localization of the HPET section.
EDIT : I tried with F8j from GA-G33-DS2R, using RTC, HPET, WAK and Local0 fixes.
When decompiling the BIOS the HPET section is patched.
So could you post you're non working BIOS and you're working DSDT.aml please ?
It's surprising since I tested with EG31MF-S2, and the DSDT table is similar.
Did Leopard panics when updating to 10.5.6 ?

BIM167, it's not a problem, you always need to uninstall previous version.

homepav, it's a temp cbrom file when adding ACPI table to the BIOS, you can delete it (The patcher removes all temp files but I forgot it).

dudi4ek

dudi4ek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi ,Koalala! I'm not quite sure that i 've done the patching right?I have GA-P35T-DS3P , so i downloaded bios file from Gigabyte and extracted it on the desktop,the bios utility again from there.Ran your patcher,choosing the original bios file with loacal0 fix,it gave me 0 errors,1 warning & 600 optimizations.Then i ran bios utility and chose the same bios file from desktop,asuming for myself that it had been already patched then restarted and it seems to be o.k.Please inform me whether this is the way to do it.
Thank you.S rojdestvom!

koalala

koalala

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Yes, it's the good way since the patcher modify original BIOS file.
You're right.

ontoid

ontoid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

ontoid, the HPET Patch write a new HPET section and delete the older.
Can you post you're BIOS please.
It may be a problem in localization of the HPET section.
EDIT : I tried with F8j from GA-G33-DS2R...

My bad cause i did not say that i'm testing it on other mobo wich is GA-945GMF-S2,
used bios is F3 cause F4 is crashing cbrom.

http://rapidshare.co...869/945gmfs2.F3 - bios
http://rapidshare.co...45gmfs2.F3FX.F3 - patched bios
http://rapidshare.co.../dsdt_fixed.txt - dsdt generated by patcher
http://rapidshare.co...931369/dsdt.aml - compiled dsdt (with this one AppleHPET.kext is loading fine)

i'm not sure about this dsdt_fixed.txt file but this is only one i could find.

kozlek

kozlek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 331 posts
I have tested new 0.1.6 - works like a sharm! But why I have this new long beep at the end, then my computer is restaring or going down?

koalala

koalala

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
ontoid, I published 0.1.6.1 which fixes this problem.
In fact new HPET section was only writed if an older section was present.
Now it's fixed.

On my computer, cbrom won't crash with F4. Do you used patcher 0.1.6 ? Since this problem was present with 0.1.4.1 and older and is gone normally gone now.
You always need to uninstall previous version before installing a new one.

Mojodojo : can you describe your problem please, do you used the same BIOS you had before ?

kozlek

kozlek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 331 posts
koalala, every time then I was patching bios I used fresh bios file, downloaded from gigabyte for my GA-EP35-DS3L with version F5. But the "beep" appears only with patched bios. It doesn't affect on the functionality of my motherboard. Maybe this just minor artifact?

BIM167

BIM167

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

BIM167, it's not a problem, you always need to uninstall previous version.

Obey your board, and uninstall version 0.1.4.1, installed version 0.1.6. Creating DSDT.aml successful, but when you install it on your system, as with other versions of the file obtained by other means, have the following problem: HPET loaded and visible in the tree of devices and the list of drivers. But the list of drivers he disappeared spontaneously after 5 minutes of the computer. In the tree of devices HPET there is no vetvleny, such as from the RTC. If the system to remove Disabler.kext, when the first and sometimes second, third and start watching the computer freezing at startup graphics. The subsequent launch of causing panic on CPU0. As this fight?
Screenshots are attached. Can you provide any information on his computer, which is available to me.

Attached Files

Colaly

Colaly

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Obey your board, and uninstall version 0.1.4.1, installed version 0.1.6. Creating DSDT.aml successful, but when you install it on your system, as with other versions of the file obtained by other means, have the following problem: HPET loaded and visible in the tree of devices and the list of drivers. But the list of drivers he disappeared spontaneously after 5 minutes of the computer. In the tree of devices HPET there is no vetvleny, such as from the RTC. If the system to remove Disabler.kext, when the first and sometimes second, third and start watching the computer freezing at startup graphics. The subsequent launch of causing panic on CPU0. As this fight?
Screenshots are attached. Can you provide any information on his computer, which is available to me.

0.1.6.1?

BIM167

BIM167

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

0.1.6.1?

And what you had in mind version of the program, or a version of HPET?

ontoid

ontoid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

ontoid, I published 0.1.6.1 which fixes this problem.
In fact new HPET section was only writed if an older section was present.
Now it's fixed.

Confirm works!.
Thank U much

Im using virtual machine and this could be reason of cbrom crashing.
Anyway, bios seems to be patched (mean F4) but program has unexpected quit
at the end (or something)
No issue at all.

Tnx again, looking forward for fully loaded version.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy