ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

BIM167, the only way to know is to test.

If the BIOS is not compatible, cbrom will crash or loop.

In this case, you can patch DSDT.aml with the patcher and use Chameleon.

I just published 0.1.6 version, the main new functionnality is vanilla Network.

The next function to be added will be GFX DSDT since it's like HDEF Patch but its easier.

The HDEF Patch is delayed for the moment since it's Christmas and I've other things to do.

Status is in main page.

Maybe in a few days...

Edit : Mojodojo, yes I can do it's very simple and my version can do it since I use it for debugging, I will let it the next version.

My first patched Bios seems to be ok, everything was smooth but ... no HPET (AppleIntelCPU....kext causes panic)

In case of using DSDTPatcher i had to use -newHPET to make it work

seems that this function id missing right now. Ethernet fix is ok time machine works w/o strings or patches.

Anyways this tool is very promising.

Tnx a lot.

ontoid, the HPET Patch write a new HPET section and delete the older.

Can you post you're BIOS please.

It may be a problem in localization of the HPET section.

EDIT : I tried with F8j from GA-G33-DS2R, using RTC, HPET, WAK and Local0 fixes.

When decompiling the BIOS the HPET section is patched.

So could you post you're non working BIOS and you're working DSDT.aml please ?

It's surprising since I tested with EG31MF-S2, and the DSDT table is similar.

Did Leopard panics when updating to 10.5.6 ?

BIM167, it's not a problem, you always need to uninstall previous version.

homepav, it's a temp cbrom file when adding ACPI table to the BIOS, you can delete it (The patcher removes all temp files but I forgot it).

Hi ,Koalala! I'm not quite sure that i 've done the patching right?I have GA-P35T-DS3P , so i downloaded bios file from Gigabyte and extracted it on the desktop,the bios utility again from there.Ran your patcher,choosing the original bios file with loacal0 fix,it gave me 0 errors,1 warning & 600 optimizations.Then i ran bios utility and chose the same bios file from desktop,asuming for myself that it had been already patched then restarted and it seems to be o.k.Please inform me whether this is the way to do it.

Thank you.S rojdestvom!

ontoid, the HPET Patch write a new HPET section and delete the older.

Can you post you're BIOS please.

It may be a problem in localization of the HPET section.

EDIT : I tried with F8j from GA-G33-DS2R...

My bad cause i did not say that i'm testing it on other mobo wich is GA-945GMF-S2,

used bios is F3 cause F4 is crashing cbrom.

http://rapidshare.com/files/176924869/945gmfs2.F3 - bios

http://rapidshare.com/files/176929220/945gmfs2.F3FX.F3 - patched bios

http://rapidshare.com/files/176924781/dsdt_fixed.txt - dsdt generated by patcher

http://rapidshare.com/files/176931369/dsdt.aml - compiled dsdt (with this one AppleHPET.kext is loading fine)

i'm not sure about this dsdt_fixed.txt file but this is only one i could find.

ontoid, I published 0.1.6.1 which fixes this problem.

In fact new HPET section was only writed if an older section was present.

Now it's fixed.

On my computer, cbrom won't crash with F4. Do you used patcher 0.1.6 ? Since this problem was present with 0.1.4.1 and older and is gone normally gone now.

You always need to uninstall previous version before installing a new one.

Mojodojo : can you describe your problem please, do you used the same BIOS you had before ?

koalala, every time then I was patching bios I used fresh bios file, downloaded from gigabyte for my GA-EP35-DS3L with version F5. But the "beep" appears only with patched bios. It doesn't affect on the functionality of my motherboard. Maybe this just minor artifact?

BIM167, it's not a problem, you always need to uninstall previous version.

Obey your board, and uninstall version 0.1.4.1, installed version 0.1.6. Creating DSDT.aml successful, but when you install it on your system, as with other versions of the file obtained by other means, have the following problem: HPET loaded and visible in the tree of devices and the list of drivers. But the list of drivers he disappeared spontaneously after 5 minutes of the computer. In the tree of devices HPET there is no vetvleny, such as from the RTC. If the system to remove Disabler.kext, when the first and sometimes second, third and start watching the computer freezing at startup graphics. The subsequent launch of causing panic on CPU0. As this fight?

Screenshots are attached. Can you provide any information on his computer, which is available to me.

__1040___1088___1093___1080___1074_.zip

Obey your board, and uninstall version 0.1.4.1, installed version 0.1.6. Creating DSDT.aml successful, but when you install it on your system, as with other versions of the file obtained by other means, have the following problem: HPET loaded and visible in the tree of devices and the list of drivers. But the list of drivers he disappeared spontaneously after 5 minutes of the computer. In the tree of devices HPET there is no vetvleny, such as from the RTC. If the system to remove Disabler.kext, when the first and sometimes second, third and start watching the computer freezing at startup graphics. The subsequent launch of causing panic on CPU0. As this fight?

Screenshots are attached. Can you provide any information on his computer, which is available to me.

0.1.6.1?

ontoid, I published 0.1.6.1 which fixes this problem.

In fact new HPET section was only writed if an older section was present.

Now it's fixed.

Confirm works!.

Thank U much

Im using virtual machine and this could be reason of cbrom crashing.

Anyway, bios seems to be patched (mean F4) but program has unexpected quit

at the end (or something)

No issue at all.

Tnx again, looking forward for fully loaded version.

How long does it take to patch the bios file? I've installed the tool, downloaded the bios-file from the gigabyte site (I have a EP35-DS4 board), started the tool and selected the downloaded biosfile to patch (ep35ds4.f5). A dos-box opened and that's it for over an hour now, the dos-box is still open. Is it normal that it takes this long or dit something else go wrong?

harbri

How long does it take to patch the bios file? I've installed the tool, downloaded the bios-file from the gigabyte site (I have a EP35-DS4 board), started the tool and selected the downloaded biosfile to patch (ep35ds4.f5). A dos-box opened and that's it for over an hour now, the dos-box is still open. Is it normal that it takes this long or dit something else go wrong?

harbri

few sec acctually, maybe 10

I did test on your bios everything was ox.

harbri

No it isn't. However, patching EP35DS4.F5 is working on my computer.

Try putting BIOS on another place or updating .NET Framework to 3.5.

Never put BIOS in read-only places or places which requires administrator rights like system disk root or something like that.

I just posted 0.1.7 patcher which add GFX DSDT functionnality.

Hi! I have patched BIOS(insert Windows SLIM table) on my m/b GA-EX38-DQ6.

This patcher destroy it ?

p.s Sorry at my bad english

No, all the BIOS modules are left. However inserting SLIC table in BIOS isn't legal...

But the patcher will work.

That sounds very interesting! Any chance of getting desktop GMA950 working properly? I think the problem lies in the amount of shared memory and dev-id. Since that's the only difference between GMA950 for laptops (which works) and desktops (which don't work)!

Desktop GMA950 works with this code

Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020000) //  use a proper value for each board
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x1A)
{
"device_type", 
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},
"model", 
Buffer (0x07)
{
"GMA950"
},

"built-in",
Buffer (one)
{
0x01
}

}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
{
/* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, 
/* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
}))
{
If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
{