767 replies to this topic

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Hello from Greece.

I have bought this superb mobo and I am planning to install ideneb 10.5.7 (not the combo update disk). Which are the settings for the mobo (kernel, patches etc) for this distribution? Has anyone tried it?

DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE
move on to the new one for whatever question you may have

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=174385

zero0cost

zero0cost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
i search and search and search for good specs to can set up mac on pc
and edit and make graphic and render videos by final cut and motion and color and many graphic programs like after effects and maya
but i afraid from the pc after paying specs to will be bad performance in these programs
so advice me please for these components to run these programs in good way and edit my documentary in it

just wanted suitable and cheap specs

GIGABYTE EP45 - UD3R

Q 6600 Core 2 Qude 2.4 G / 8M PC 1066

XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3

Kingston HyperX DDR2 2GB bus 1066MHz

Western Digital 500GB AACS 16M Cache SATAII

DVD W -ASUS X20 SATA

Power supply 500 w

LucasIsEpic

LucasIsEpic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 52 posts
i hate to revive old threads, but a lot of people here have sleep working on their boards, so i ask,
can the people whose ep45-ud3r's can sleep post either bios settings and or/smbios. cos mine used to work. then i went retail. and it just wont sleep.

the monitor goes off, and the usb devices unmount. but the pc is still on, and cant be awoken. i have to hard reset it, and im greeted by the bios.

ignore my sig, ive yet to update it.
specs are
vanilla install 10.5.8
Q9950
8800 gts SC
ep45-ud3r

id really like to find out why the option is there sometimes but gone later.
also the "enable this computer to recover after a power loss" (SIC) option is missing from energy save, and ive been told that this has something to do with sleep working and what not.
also- a moot point but, when i was on voodoo kernel. my cpu was shown perfect in system profiler it even had the correct l2 cache listed. "6mb per core pair" i think it was. the vanilla kernel just shows 6mb, so does this mean that osx is seeing only one pair of cores cache and using that. or is it just system profiler being dumb. is there a way of seeing if the full 12mb cache is recognized. cos my geek-bench score is less than my old AMD 6400x2

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

i hate to revive old threads, but a lot of people here have sleep working on their boards, so i ask,
can the people whose ep45-ud3r's can sleep post either bios settings and or/smbios. cos mine used to work. then i went retail. and it just wont sleep.

the monitor goes off, and the usb devices unmount. but the pc is still on, and cant be awoken. i have to hard reset it, and im greeted by the bios.

ignore my sig, ive yet to update it.
specs are
vanilla install 10.5.8
Q9950
8800 gts SC
ep45-ud3r

id really like to find out why the option is there sometimes but gone later.
also the "enable this computer to recover after a power loss" (SIC) option is missing from energy save, and ive been told that this has something to do with sleep working and what not.
also- a moot point but, when i was on voodoo kernel. my cpu was shown perfect in system profiler it even had the correct l2 cache listed. "6mb per core pair" i think it was. the vanilla kernel just shows 6mb, so does this mean that osx is seeing only one pair of cores cache and using that. or is it just system profiler being dumb. is there a way of seeing if the full 12mb cache is recognized. cos my geek-bench score is less than my old AMD 6400x2

But do you have a working DSDT file? I am over in the Snow Leopard threads and they have everything almost completely fixed due to proper DSDT.aml files made for our boards. You have to make them and really should investigate it further. Good luck.

LucasIsEpic

LucasIsEpic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 52 posts

But do you have a working DSDT file? I am over in the Snow Leopard threads and they have everything almost completely fixed due to proper DSDT.aml files made for our boards. You have to make them and really should investigate it further. Good luck.

im not sure if my dsdt is correctly patched or not tbh, i dont know of a way to check. my audio works, and i thought dsdt had something to do with it.
but none the less, i found the solution to my problem, i remover disabler.kext and the appleintelcpu**blahblah*disabler.kext too, and my sleep worked fine, until yesterday.
i have a new problem, now when my pc goes to sleep, the monitor doesnt wake up again. i think maybe it has something to do with my screensaver never coming on, so i used the screensaver fix, this did nothing and now it seems the lcd doesnt wanna turn back on.
thanks for the reply.

sixstringsg

sixstringsg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Have any of you tried to do the apple update to 10.5.8?

LucasIsEpic

LucasIsEpic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 52 posts

Have any of you tried to do the apple update to 10.5.8?

mine worked, albeit with one caveat.
if i'm running utorrent, after a random time i'll get a kp
if i check with console it gives me a "throttling in 9 seconds" message, it counts down down to 3, then it panics.
i don't remember it doing it with 10.5.6

OSX86tester

OSX86tester

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Hi Guys! Thanks to skx for linking me to this thread and attaching the drivers I used for this mobo. I installed with the boot-132 method, using grub-dfe.iso and netkas' PCEFI_v9. The kexts I've used were the ones in skx's earlier posts linking to my posts.

Everything works great, except for 1 problem I'm having. Whenever I do a large data transfer to another hard drive (NTFS) it takes WAY too long!! I tried transferring 17GB of data from the OS X Hard drive to the Data hard drive, and it said it would take 12 hours!! But maybe that is just a reported estimation and it could be wrong, right? So I let the transfer process go on anyway, but 5 hours later it was still not done, so I just canceled it. This is a serious problem for me and I need to fix it, does this happen to anyone else here?

If that one problem is fixed, I think we'll have a 100% functional OS X installation.

P.S. I noticed that you guys have problems with the hard drive icons showing as External drives. I did not have that problem with my kexts. Every hard drive showed as Native right out of the box (even with grub-dfe.iso). However, I am having the slow file transfer speeds problems. Just a peice of information I wanted to share with the community so we can figure out something for the best for all of us using this board. ;)

the chameleon loader solves the file transfer issue with ntfs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy