• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

HannibaL86

HannibaL86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Anyone here got his Radeon 4870 working using this guide? I need help for installing my card...

Chris223

Chris223

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
http://netkas.org/?cat=7

HannibaL86

HannibaL86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

UPDATED PACK with new sound:

I added a bunch of readme I just made: how to use this pack, tips and tricks, how to install from retail disk , etc...
don't hesitate to edit/update/add more detail to the readmes and how to's, I did it quickly and I'm sure it can be improved... then post them so that I can replace them in the pack
that will lower the number of repeated usual questions... in this thread

I did an Update to 10.5.7 but then my system freezes after a restart. I used your install Guide.

Is there anything i have to do before i run the update? I installed all drivers from your Zip before i did the upgrade.

HawgGuy

HawgGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Are your UHCI devices "Built in" in System Profiler? Otherwise, maybe try this DSDT patch.
Also, I would recommend to completely turn off your machine for ten seconds after a failed sleep.

Yes, they all show up as built in.

I have noticed the need to completely shut off ( I unplug) after a failed sleep, otherwise the computer will get into a recycle-loop and fail to start up.

My temporary fix has been to downgrade to 10.5.6 where all (including sleep) works well.

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

I did an Update to 10.5.7 but then my system freezes after a restart. I used your install Guide.

Is there anything i have to do before i run the update? I installed all drivers from your Zip before i did the upgrade.

by freeze you mean an actual kernel panic,or looping circle stops turning , or infinite spinning little circle
after a dead motherboard and dead HD, I finally received the HD yesterday and reinstalled from absolute scratch (retail 10.5.4)
after a major update (in my case combo 10.5.7) the system is supposed to reboot once at the apple gray logo, then after a minute or so reboot again, this time to your desktop
I didn't install openhaltrestart, therefore after the first reboot it "stalled" at the apple gray logo screen but the circle would keep spining forever, just did a forced reset (after a 2 or 3 minutes to be sure) as it was ready to reboot anyway, then it booted as normal to the desktop, installed everything...

installed chameleon but it would boot only with grub dfe, spinning circle at gray logo would stop spinning, but no visible kernel panic, I just recreated the com.apple.boot.plist a second time and it worked this time with chameleon, I guess I just had a typo somewhere in that file (or didn't select the right video card unintentionnaly)

hope this info helps

HannibaL86

HannibaL86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Ok this time i deleted the audio kexts before i updated to 10.5.7

After the installation finished my system rebooted twice and everything works fine :(

*EDIT*

Hm seems that the Sleep Mode isn't working. Any fix for that?

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Hm seems that the Sleep Mode isn't working. Any fix for that?

you mean from the apple menu ? or scheduled sleep?

from the apple menu my system seems to sleep fine, wakes up by moving the mouse, so after you click the sleep button don't touch your mouse or keyboard at all...haven't tried scheduled yet... right now I'm backing a drive onto my new 500Gb because the other one started clicking a little....

HannibaL86

HannibaL86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Did you change anything in Bios? I have S3 Sleeping Mode not S1 activated. Is that the wrong one?

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Did you change anything in Bios? I have S3 Sleeping Mode not S1 activated. Is that the wrong one?

I'm using the default settings, which like you have, is S3

Drfrag

Drfrag

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Thanks for that weird solution. I'll try it when I get at home.
I noticed that my SATA DVDRW's light blinkes sometime when the system try to sleep when not used.
I think it should work for me too.

Thank you.

[Edit] No. The DVD trick didn't work for me.

[Edit2] Yes. I can confirm that this trick works. I think I had not waited enough time before. This time I put a Wii DVD backup on my DVD drive.

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
Anyone trying Snow Leopard on this board?

BillaBongo

BillaBongo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Everyone,

Today I noticed that after running software update and installing safari 4.0 release, after reboot the NIC no longer functions... so far I am unable to see exactly what has changed according to the logs.

It shows that the NIC is present but does not show a mac address (all is ff:ff:ff:etc.) and no dhcp

I was running the standard realtek driver with NO SPEEDSTEP

Using standard Eliade kext pack and retail /extra/extensions only

Anyone else have this issue?

Note that this NIC was flawless before the reboot, and yes it does work as I am dual booted into windows 7 right now for this post.

xgenius

xgenius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Everyone,

Today I noticed that after running software update and installing safari 4.0 release, after reboot the NIC no longer functions... so far I am unable to see exactly what has changed according to the logs.

It shows that the NIC is present but does not show a mac address (all is ff:ff:ff:etc.) and no dhcp

Note that this NIC was flawless before the reboot, and yes it does work as I am dual booted into windows 7 right now for this post.

Updated to Safari 4. No problems here.

Using Chameleon 2,
All modified kexts in /extra/extensions only
retail 10.5.7

gmacman

gmacman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Everyone,

This is probably not what you want to hear but....

With all updates to Hackintoshes we should all do a quick backup (my personal fav is SuperDuper) so that you can revert as needed. Hackintoshes are never completely flawlessly working Macs (if you want a flawless Mac, buy a Mac).

I too updated without issues so something may have gotten corrupted and, regrettably, a complete reinstall may be needed. But if you have done backups just go to the last working one and then reinstall the updates.

Again, sorry for stating something that may not really be of help to you presently, but certainly everyone using a Hackintosh should have a separate partition that is exclusively used for backups for just such an issue. And hopefully this is help you in the future.

BillaBongo

BillaBongo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Well it appears to have been a one time issue.

Today it booted fine and everything works, lol :(
The adapter now shows a mac address. I never did find any log entry to explain the problem.

I have many backups including a time capsule that does my real macs and the hackintosh, I can say that it has worked great if something went horribly wrong.

I cannot say how wonderful time machine is.. even for our hackintosh's it works perfect.

I will say that using chamelon 2 + retail, kexts in extra/extensions is almost flawless so far for the past few months.

Super easy!

gmacman

gmacman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Well it appears to have been a one time issue.

Today it booted fine and everything works, lol :)
The adapter now shows a mac address. I never did find any log entry to explain the problem.

Well that's very good to hear.

I have many backups including a time capsule that does my real macs and the hackintosh, I can say that it has worked great if something went horribly wrong.

I cannot say how wonderful time machine is.. even for our hackintosh's it works perfect.

Well done! I as well use both with TM being my backup of first choice for files and such and my full blown bootable image as the ultimate saver in case of apocalypse.

I will say that using chamelon 2 + retail, kexts in extra/extensions is almost flawless so far for the past few months.

Super easy!

I agree, almost being the key word. I find it curious that I get a number of messages during boot that show there is something not quite as perfect as the Mac, but most don't seem to affect the use of the machine. But clearly something is going on under the hood that doesn't occur with my real Macs. And I think your NIC issue is just one of those things that we have to put up with when using a Hackintosh. That although with this mobo we have a very stable system, we may now and again have something inexplicable that goes wrong. Hopefully, as in your case, it fixes itself with a reboot or two.

jugdish

jugdish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

UPDATED PACK with new sound:

I added a bunch of readme I just made: how to use this pack, tips and tricks, how to install from retail disk , etc...
don't hesitate to edit/update/add more detail to the readmes and how to's, I did it quickly and I'm sure it can be improved... then post them so that I can replace them in the pack
that will lower the number of repeated usual questions... in this thread

Just a quick, perhaps stupid question: why are there two folders ("__MACOSX" and "Pack for 10.5.7 _ May20") inside the Pack_for_10.5.7_May20.zip file? When you open the "__MACOSX" folder, there is yet another "Pack for 10.5.7 _ May20" folder. Is this a weird quirk of opening the zip file in Windows? Which pack should I use? Please advise.

Ok, nevermind... it's a Window's thing. Unzipping on Mac yields only one folder tree.

BTW, thanks for all the work putting this pack and how-to's together. Posted Image

jugdish

jugdish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I did a fresh build today using Eliade's UD3R 10.5.7 pack and how-to's. Everything seems to be working ok except video. The screen resolution defaulted to 1024x768 with no options to change it in system preferences. In the UInstaller, there's an option to use a default resolution which I set to 1920x1200. After rebooting the default resolution is 1600x1200... again, no other resolution options in the system preferences. There's also a problem with windows not refreshing after being moved. This is likely related to the video driver not being associated correctly with my card.

My video card is an nVidia GeForce 9500 GT, 512MB (which I entered in the Custom card setting for UInstaller).

I used this exact hardware (different hard drive) and installed using a UD3P package and instructions. Video worked perfectly (1920x1200) in that setup plus many alternate resolution options in the system preferences. But the system profiler seemed to have problems recognizing some hardware so I wanted to try this approach especially since I have a UD3R mb.

Would someone please point me in the right direction to get my video working correctly?

Drfrag

Drfrag

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I did a fresh build today using Eliade's UD3R 10.5.7 pack and how-to's. Everything seems to be working ok except video. The screen resolution defaulted to 1024x768 with no options to change it in system preferences. In the UInstaller, there's an option to use a default resolution which I set to 1920x1200. After rebooting the default resolution is 1600x1200... again, no other resolution options in the system preferences. There's also a problem with windows not refreshing after being moved. This is likely related to the video driver not being associated correctly with my card.

My video card is an nVidia GeForce 9500 GT, 512MB (which I entered in the Custom card setting for UInstaller).

I used this exact hardware (different hard drive) and installed using a UD3P package and instructions. Video worked perfectly (1920x1200) in that setup plus many alternate resolution options in the system preferences. But the system profiler seemed to have problems recognizing some hardware so I wanted to try this approach especially since I have a UD3R mb.

Would someone please point me in the right direction to get my video working correctly?

Look for NVKUSH

grice

grice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
^^^

OSX86Tools & NVinstaller v52 will probably work for that 9500 GT card, but I think he wants to get it working with UInstaller and an efistring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy