• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

Chris223

Chris223

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i am using Chameleon-2.0RC1-r431 on the EFI partition.

i have the natit.kext in extras/extensions,
but is doesn't work.

i will now add the <key>-f</key> <string></string>
an test it.

see you soon :unsure:

thx

ok, i have added <key>-f</key> <string></string>

now my airtunes/bonjour is working,
but timemachine doesn't work anymore.

I have added the TM fix string with the UI tool.

so what can i do?

lateralusman

lateralusman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Music, Video Games, Movies, Making Money
Tell me how installing the audio kext's from Elaid's pack on my test osx partition while i was on it causes my regular osx partition on another drive to kernel panic at boot? I then tried booting into vista and that blue screens.

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Tell me how installing the audio kext's from Elaid's pack on my test osx partition while i was on it causes my regular osx partition on another drive to kernel panic at boot? I then tried booting into vista and that blue screens.

it's all in the readme file...
you just copy them to the extra/extensions folder

usually panic at startup, can be due to using voodoo and high overclocking
or didn't edit com.apple.boot.plist well...

it's hard to make perfect sense out of your sentence but are you saying you have kernel panic in osx and blue screen of death in vista, then your problem is either bad overclocking, or hardware failure (bad ram maybe...)

i am using Chameleon-2.0RC1-r431 on the EFI partition.

i have the natit.kext in extras/extensions,
but is doesn't work.

i will now add the <key>-f</key> <string></string>
an test it.

see you soon :unsure:

thx
ok, i have added <key>-f</key> <string></string>

so what can i do?

chameleon was not designed to be used on a separate efi partition, but was made to be installed at the root of the partition where OSX is installed, sure it will for the most part work very well on the efi, but you may still get problems we don't have because it's on a separate efi partiton.... some kext must still be put on the root of the osx install in extra/extensions even if you have efi partition. so why not put everything at the root of osx partition....

move natit to Extra/Extensions/ at the root of the osx install partition (create it if the folder does not exist)
if natit still doesn't work there while using <key>-f</key> <string></string>
then remove it from the extra/extensions (on the efi and the root of osx)
and use "kext-helper" to install it in the system (it will be in S/L/E)

are you sure natit is what you need for your video card, I don't really know anything about it, I have an nvidia, a simple efi string does the job for me...

xgenius

xgenius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I am having this strange problem with my USB webcam (Logitech Ultra with built-in mic). After the system wakes from sleep, video is lost. Both iChat and Skype reports that no video device is connected, however detects the mic properly. A system restart or plug-out and plug back in of the webcam fixes the problem.

Replying to my own post :unsure:

I thought i will update the community with what I have found so far:
Apparently, this is a bug with OSX and UVC webcams. So it should be applicable to anyone with these webcams

The good news is that there is a workaround(other than re-booting), like so:
After restoring the system from sleep, make sure your video application is not active. Go to System Preferences -> Sound and select Logitech Camera. Verify the audio is working and close the Sound window.
Now use your webcam from the application of your choice.

Also see this thread:
http://forums.logite.../...ding&page=1

HawgGuy

HawgGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
My problems with 10.5.7 sleep are driving me nuts. I'm on the verge of doing a downgrade to 10.5.6.

Is this working for everyone else? My machine will try and sleep - but freeze and require hard reset. Speedstep disabled, vanilla 10.5.7.

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

My problems with 10.5.7 sleep are driving me nuts. I'm on the verge of doing a downgrade to 10.5.6.

Is this working for everyone else? My machine will try and sleep - but freeze and require hard reset. Speedstep disabled, vanilla 10.5.7.

I'll look more into it as soon as my machine will be back up and running, hang on a few days
(new replacement motherboard arrived and works, but only then I realized my osx HD also fried, well just the electronic board, disk themselves should be fine, I hope, so now I'm waiting on a new HD, and hopefully can exchange PCB boards to recover my data, worth days and days of work... )

xgenius

xgenius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Sleep is(and has been) working great on my machine. My only problem was timed sleep with Firefox running. Never had to do hard reset.

I am using openHaltRestart kext, vanilla 10.5.7 and chameleon 2.

Do you have any external devices, USB or otherwise that might be interfering with the sleep? just a thought.

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

and don't move your mouse when you sleep, because it will wake up the computer

lateralusman

lateralusman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 200 posts

it's all in the readme file...
you just copy them to the extra/extensions folder

usually panic at startup, can be due to using voodoo and high overclocking
or didn't edit com.apple.boot.plist well...

it's hard to make perfect sense out of your sentence but are you saying you have kernel panic in osx and blue screen of death in vista, then your problem is either bad overclocking, or hardware failure (bad ram maybe...)

Well I'm not using Voodoo, I'm on a vanilla install 10.5.7, and I'm not overclocked.
I just installed Windows 7 everything's fine, on 7 anyway. Right after I used kexthelper to install the kexts to my test partition everything went to {censored}.

Chris223

Chris223

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

chameleon was not designed to be used on a separate efi partition, but was made to be installed at the root of the partition where OSX is installed, sure it will for the most part work very well on the efi, but you may still get problems we don't have because it's on a separate efi partiton.... some kext must still be put on the root of the osx install in extra/extensions even if you have efi partition. so why not put everything at the root of osx partition....

move natit to Extra/Extensions/ at the root of the osx install partition (create it if the folder does not exist)
if natit still doesn't work there while using <key>-f</key> <string></string>
then remove it from the extra/extensions (on the efi and the root of osx)
and use "kext-helper" to install it in the system (it will be in S/L/E)

are you sure natit is what you need for your video card, I don't really know anything about it, I have an nvidia, a simple efi string does the job for me...

thanks.
i used this guid to intall it to efi partition:
http://www.neonkoala...eleon-20-guide/
but i think i will now but all to the root of osx...

i have a hd4850 so i need this kext:
http://netkas.org/?p=104#comment-25532

but i still have the tm problem and dont know why.
i have added <key>-f</key> <string></string>

Chris223

Chris223

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OK, I have fixed the TM problem.
It was my fault...

RLembke

RLembke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I'm 99% sure your have a kernel panic, disable sleep screen and you'll see...

anyway:
there is one known possible cause, is if you are using jmicronata and did not disable "HD sleep" in "energy saver" you'll get KP

if you did disable HD sleep
then the best bet is Voodoo Power being unstable as you thought... replace it with openhaltrestart, and see if you still have the problem
let me know, if it is unstable I'll remove it from the pack....

are you overclocking your machine?

Thanks for the reply. Came back to the machine after leaving it alone all day yesterday - unresponsive again.

No jmicron here - all SATA. No OC either. My money is on the VooDoo Power....hope so anyway. I just changed it out - we'll see how it goes.

One other goofy thing I've had a minor issue with ever since the 10.5.6 refresh is every time I reboot, I have to unplug and plug back in my Logitech keyboard/mouse USB receiver in order to get functions like "back" on my mouse to work. If I don't cycle the receiver, it's like I don't have the Logitech control panel installed at all. Never had that issue on any install in the past.

Thanks again Eliade.

lateralusman

lateralusman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 200 posts

Well I'm not using Voodoo, I'm on a vanilla install 10.5.7, and I'm not overclocked.
I just installed Windows 7 everything's fine, on 7 anyway. Right after I used kexthelper to install the kexts to my test partition everything went to {censored}.

I deleted the extensions.mkext in windows and booted with -f -v to reload the extentions and everything seems fine....

On another note os x doesn't show my sata dvd drive in the eject pop-down menu in the menu bar. Even when there's a dvd in it is there a fix? The dvd shows up on the desktop when there's a dvd in it, just not in the menu bar.

gmacman

gmacman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

On another note os x doesn't show my sata dvd drive in the eject pop-down menu in the menu bar. Even when there's a dvd in it is there a fix? The dvd shows up on the desktop when there's a dvd in it, just not in the menu bar.

To show the DVD eject thing in the menu bar, do this:

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras
double-click on the "Eject.menu"

lateralusman

lateralusman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 200 posts

To show the DVD eject thing in the menu bar, do this:

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras
double-click on the "Eject.menu"

What I mean is my IDE dvd drive shows in the eject menu but not my sata dvd drive.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Drfrag

Drfrag

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

For those having problems with auto-sleep, we've found that leaving a DVD in the optical drive allows it to work on the EP45-UD3P and 10.5.7 and probably a lot of other people having the same problem. Note this is not a fix for sleep that doesn't work or resume. Only those having an issue with the inactivity setting in Energy Saver. Hopeful, this will lead towards a more viable solution.

Thanks for that weird solution. I'll try it when I get at home.
I noticed that my SATA DVDRW's light blinkes sometime when the system try to sleep when not used.
I think it should work for me too.

Thank you.

[Edit] No. The DVD trick didn't work for me.

gmacman

gmacman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

What I mean is my IDE dvd drive shows in the eject menu but not my sata dvd drive.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Okay, got it. I'm assuming both are internal. For external drives (even on my real Macs) both will not show up, only the internal drives will show up using the eject menu in the menu bar.

If both are internal, I'm not really sure how to fix that, sorry.

iHand

iHand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you very mouch for the great tutorial and great kext pack! :D

I had only a little problem, I installed form a retail 10.5.0 and if i do the chameleon thing first I had kernel panic at boot.
So I tried reinstall, first update to 10.5.7, boot with the grub dic, and than do the chameleon install kext efi string etc, and now its up and runnning, everything works! So its grate!
THX THX!:-)

zhell

zhell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Are your UHCI devices "Built in" in System Profiler? Otherwise, maybe try this DSDT patch.
Also, I would recommend to completely turn off your machine for ten seconds after a failed sleep.

lateralusman

lateralusman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 200 posts

Okay, got it. I'm assuming both are internal. For external drives (even on my real Macs) both will not show up, only the internal drives will show up using the eject menu in the menu bar.

If both are internal, I'm not really sure how to fix that, sorry.

They're both internal yes. Hey no problem thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy