• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

I tried for the first time to install a retail copy of 10.5.6 but it cannot locate my HDD.

Check your bios and see if the drive is showing up there.

PS: everyone else, did we ever get the audio fixed after the 10.5.7 update so that it shows up on the System Profiler?

Edkroket

Edkroket

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Music, I'm a bass player

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone whose been involved with this particular project. It has been a great help.

I tried for the first time to install a retail copy of 10.5.6 but it cannot locate my HDD.

I have purchased a separate 40 GB Western Digital SATA 7200RPM drive for this use, but anytime I boot into the retail install screen, it cannot identify the Hard drive at all.

Even when I go into the disk utility, all it sees is the DVD drive with the retail disc.

When I attempt to boot with my 320GB WD SATA HDD, it comes up perfect with the 2 partitions I already have on there and detects everything just fine.

I have browsed these forums and others and have tried everything possible, including creating two partitions, setting up an "id=af" partition through diskpart to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I was doing the same but then on a IDE-HD. I also don't see/find the new HD but only the one I already had.
I've searched too and I want to see if I can set my DVD to master or slave. Some people say that's the trouble! I will give it a try tomorrow.
;)

wildchild

wildchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

PS: everyone else, did we ever get the audio fixed after the 10.5.7 update so that it shows up on the System Profiler?

The drive shows up as a master drive and the DVD as a slave.

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

yes get my latest pack
link is in my sig

my board is dead I fried it the other day, new (well open-box deal) is coming later today ;)

djaleeproduktama

djaleeproduktama

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hello,
i'm success updated to 10.5.7 with ipc 10.5.6 vanilla

my current method:

1. Pathcing DSDT
http://img257.images...515/dstset5.gif
http://######.com/do...cherGUI_1.0.zip

2. install dsmos/appledecrypt dan appleintelcpupm disabler kexts
see ur mac partition>>Extra,copy or extract them to the folder.
http://rapidshare.co.../dsmos.kext.zip
http://rapidshare.co...sabler.kext.zip
http://farm4.static...._7d2e7ec767.jpg

3.Download Mac Os X 10.5.7 Update (Delta/Combo)
http://support.apple...Combo10.5.7.dmg

4. Install update

if u found a icon orange hdd, some system profile cannot fix
u can download repair fix for 10.5.7
http://rapidshare.co...r0rists.dmg.zip

and now...
Posted Image
Posted Image

sorry about my bad english:(

Thanks to Netkas, cVad for repairpack, and all osx86 Teams.

note:all version of hackintosh safety for update

Bart86

Bart86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
For those having problems with auto-sleep, we've found that leaving a DVD in the optical drive allows it to work on the EP45-UD3P and 10.5.7 and probably a lot of other people having the same problem. Note this is not a fix for sleep that doesn't work or resume. Only those having an issue with the inactivity setting in Energy Saver. Hopeful, this will lead towards a more viable solution.

xgenius

xgenius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

my board is dead I fried it the other day, new (well open-box deal) is coming later today :(

ouch.. hope you will get your system back in order very soon.

I am having this strange problem with my USB webcam (Logitech Ultra with built-in mic). After the system wakes from sleep, video is lost. Both iChat and Skype reports that no video device is connected, however detects the mic properly. A system restart or plug-out and plug back in of the webcam fixes the problem.

Anyone using an external webcam and experiencing this issue?

Edkroket

Edkroket

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Music, I'm a bass player

I've created a "SlimBuild-Preboot" whit the "initrd.img" content on it.
I've put the essential kext and JMicron kext on it. So I assume that when I can get this in the grub-dfe.iso the retail installer will detect my IDE HD!?
Can someone help me with that? I've tried everything but I can't seem to get my IDE HD seen by disc utlility when I've booted from the Leopard Install disc.

I know Eliade has made one also but I'm not getting the "initrd.img" in de grub-dfe.iso

Thank already!

I would realy like to try a retail install!
^_^

RLembke

RLembke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Anyone ever have a problem where they leave the system running (no auto sleep) at all times but come back later to a system that is still running yet the monitor doesn't wake? I have yet to figure out what the issue is. Seems to happen every few days. Only way to correct it is to reboot. It seems like the system might have gone into a KP or similar because using volume up/down on keyboard makes no sound, trying to initiate spotlight doesn't get the hard drive cranking as usual but without the video output turning on I don't know how to confirm the problem.

Wondering about the stability of the Voodoo Power kext now (using it currently). Any thought at all? Any way to see what happened after rebooting?

Thanks guys!

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Anyone ever have a problem where they leave the system running (no auto sleep) at all times but come back later to a system that is still running yet the monitor doesn't wake? I have yet to figure out what the issue is. Seems to happen every few days. Only way to correct it is to reboot. It seems like the system might have gone into a KP or similar because using volume up/down on keyboard makes no sound, trying to initiate spotlight doesn't get the hard drive cranking as usual but without the video output turning on I don't know how to confirm the problem.

Wondering about the stability of the Voodoo Power kext now (using it currently). Any thought at all? Any way to see what happened after rebooting?

Thanks guys!

I'm 99% sure your have a kernel panic, disable sleep screen and you'll see...

anyway:
there is one known possible cause, is if you are using jmicronata and did not disable "HD sleep" in "energy saver" you'll get KP

if you did disable HD sleep
then the best bet is Voodoo Power being unstable as you thought... replace it with openhaltrestart, and see if you still have the problem
let me know, if it is unstable I'll remove it from the pack....

are you overclocking your machine?

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

The drive shows up as a master drive and the DVD as a slave.

There's your problem, using IDE drives instead of SATA. I have no experience in this, anyone else?

HawgGuy

HawgGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Sleep is definitely wonky for me with 10.5.7. Worked well in 10.5.6.

Using a sanitary fresh 10.5.7 install and only Eliade's great extension pack (with the exception of IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext from the Chameleon 2rc pack in place of LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext in Eliade's (Fixes orange drive icons for me). Non-speedstep setup here. 2.4 Q6600 gently over-clocked to 2.7.

Tried the DVD in the drive suggestion - nope.

Won't go into timed deep sleep, and often won't wake up- from sleep.

Chris223

Chris223

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
In iTunes my Airtunes is not working :)

does anybody know why?

Vanilla 10.5.7, iTunes 8.1.1

SurfWaxAlex

SurfWaxAlex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I wanted to say thanks for this thread. It's helped me a lot getting my Leopard Retail 10.5.6 on my system.

C2D 8400 @3.6ghz
Ep45-UD3R
2x2gb G SKILL DDR1000 5-5-5-15 2.1volts
8800 GTS 512mb
600 watt OCZ PSU
400GB/w Vista64
640GB storage
160GB/w Leopard Retail

cwall64

cwall64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 81 posts

In iTunes my Airtunes is not working :)

does anybody know why?

Vanilla 10.5.7, iTunes 8.1.1

Are you using the RealtekR1000.kext from Psystar, or the native Apple one? I can't get anything working with Bonjour unless I use the R1000 kext.

Chris223

Chris223

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i use the kext from this threat,
so i think psystar...

what kext should i use to get
airtunes/bonjour to work?

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

i use the kext from this threat,
so i think psystar...

what kext should i use to get
airtunes/bonjour to work?

and did you add the <key>-f</key> <string></string> to your com.apple.boot.plist in Extra/?
without it realtekR1000 won't load during boot when its in the Extra/Extensoins, meaning no bonjour...

Chris223

Chris223

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
oh thanks,
i forgott to add this.

do i need a *.mkext on efi?

and how can i load the natit.kext from efi?

to get my hd4850 to run...

Bart86

Bart86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
On the UD3 boards you can use the native kext just fine. BUT, you have to have a working EFI string so it registers as built-in for en0. Otherwise, it will still work, but some things like TM, streaming Netflix, and Bonjour will not work properly. This is assuming you want a more vanilla install. There are some hacked kexts and smbios that work around some of those issues.

Eliade

Eliade

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

oh thanks,
i forgott to add this.

do i need a *.mkext on efi?

and how can i load the natit.kext from efi?

to get my hd4850 to run...

you didn't use chameleon 2 ?

<key>-f</key> <string></string>, makes an mkext useless, everything can be managed from /Extra/Extensions...
(at least with chameleon 2)

efi partition is pain in the a**, I would really suggest using chameleon 2

when using chameleon 2, you can put the natit.kext into Extra/Extensions...
try it on the efi, it may still work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy