ALC889A, Gigabyte (Intel): now having a working front mic

VCH888

1,156 posts in this topic

@ Tmongkol

Internal speakers working fine but Some how The HeadPhone doesn't work from the front green no mater what I did, I have used your AppleHDAplatform structure as a template checked the routing over and over seems to be correct but no success.....

can you help please...

thnx in advance

@indraganzo

Do you have HDA front audio panel? Changing from "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones" requires HDA front audio. You can see that I made many options.

@indraganzo

Do you have HDA front audio panel? Changing from "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones" requires HDA front audio. You can see that I made many options.

I have a front audio panel.. and I used your HDA Headphone files as a template check my AppleHDAplatform

should I have used the regular headphone one instead?

and as a mater of fact one old kext I have found on this thread my front panel Hp worked but only hp and speakers worked

I have compared the routings in beetween to my surprise the routings were the same

I wonder if it is a mistake in the codec verbs default association values ?

I have used your default associations composing my codec verbs

or can it be related to delete delegate values in the AppleHDAplatform info.plist

thnx

I have a front audio panel.. and I used your HDA Headphone files as a template check my AppleHDAplatform

should I have used the regular headphone one instead?

and as a mater of fact one old kext I have found on this thread my front panel Hp worked but only hp and speakers worked

I have compared the routings in beetween to my surprise the routings were the same

I wonder if it is a mistake in the codec verbs default association values ?

I have used your default associations composing my codec verbs

or can it be related to delete delegate values in the AppleHDAplatform info.plist

thnx

@indraganzo

I think your front audio kit does not support HDA. You can see the name of front audio header, HDA/Azalia or AC97. If it is AC97, you should use any regular one.

Hi tmongkol,

Trying out your latest ALC889A drivers (1.6.2a37 4outs3ins analog HDA haeadphones) and they are perfect except for error#1.

Any new development fixing this error? What are the known issues if any associated with this error?

On your Post#1, You mentioned

"DIY

Edit AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings"

What program do you recommend to edit the file 'Localizable.strings' which happen to be an unix executable file?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Hi tmongkol,

Trying out your latest ALC889A drivers (1.6.2a37 4outs3ins analog HDA haeadphones) and they are perfect except for error#1.

Any new development fixing this error? What are the known issues if any associated with this error?

On your Post#1, You mentioned

"DIY

Edit AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings"

What program do you recommend to edit the file 'Localizable.strings' which happen to be an unix executable file?

I still have no idea to solve the error of fMikeyDriver.

You can use TextEdit, Smutron or any text editor for editing Localizable.strings.

move mouse to AppleHDA.kext & click right button --> Show Package Contents --> Contents --> .... unlit you reach Localizable.strings

click right button over Localizable.strings --> Open With --> select TextEdit, for example.

I'm trying to get my ALC889A sound working, I followed stickpins guide on Legacy Apple HDA and nothing is showing up under devices like his screen shot. I then tried installing the kext in this thread for the 889A1056fix, same result except now 889A is not showing in system prefs.

I am using EFI partition with a retail dvd.

Bill

I still have no idea to solve the error of fMikeyDriver.

You can use TextEdit, Smutron or any text editor for editing Localizable.strings.

move mouse to AppleHDA.kext & click right button --> Show Package Contents --> Contents --> .... unlit you reach Localizable.strings

click right button over Localizable.strings --> Open With --> select TextEdit, for example.

Thanks for your help and prompt reply.

I was scare that I might screw up the file if I use the wrong application to edit the file esp. info mention that its a Unix executable file.

Also I saw on your Post#1 something on CodecVerbs.

What is CodecVerbs and how to apply it. In the CodecVerbs folders, there are a number of rtf files e.g 889-000.rtf, what are these files for?

I'm trying to get my ALC889A sound working, I followed stickpins guide on Legacy Apple HDA and nothing is showing up under devices like his screen shot. I then tried installing the kext in this thread for the 889A1056fix, same result except now 889A is not showing in system prefs.

I am using EFI partition with a retail dvd.

Bill

@billdlv

Can you listen to music? Where did you install kexts?

Thanks for your help and prompt reply.

I was scare that I might screw up the file if I use the wrong application to edit the file esp. info mention that its a Unix executable file.

Also I saw on your Post#1 something on CodecVerbs.

What is CodecVerbs and how to apply it. In the CodecVerbs folders, there are a number of rtf files e.g 889-000.rtf, what are these files for?

@helob

See picture where CodecVerbs will be.

post-93383-1233933613_thumb.jpg

I need you to read THe KiNG's guide about CodecVerbs.

@billdlv

Can you listen to music? Where did you install kexts?

No, no music from itunes, sound from youtube. I installed the kexts on my EFI partition. I installed the ALC889A. I tried the front jack, and the rear jack.

@helob

@helob

Thanks for your help and advise.

A lot of useful info. on THe KiNG's guide. Take time to digest.

Again thanks for your time and have a great day.

I started fresh and tried the 1.5.7a24_4outs_3ins_analogHD phone and 1.6.2a37_4outs3ins_analog_reg phone but still no devices are showing up.

I went back to stickpin HDA_885_889_for_BOOT-132 A_V4, and now I have devices that show up:

Device ID: 0x1458A102

Audio ID: 889

Available Devices:

Line Out:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Headphone:

Line In:

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

S/P-DIF In:

But no sound out of any jack and I don't have any output devices listed in sound under sys prefs.

I started fresh and tried the 1.5.7a24_4outs_3ins_analogHD phone and 1.6.2a37_4outs3ins_analog_reg phone but still no devices are showing up.

I went back to stickpin HDA_885_889_for_BOOT-132 A_V4, and now I have devices that show up:

Device ID: 0x1458A102

Audio ID: 889

Available Devices:

Line Out:

Headphone:

Line In:

Speaker:

S/P-DIF Out:

S/P-DIF In:

But no sound out of any jack and I don't have any output devices listed in sound under sys prefs.

Can you tell me what your motherboard is? Does it has ALC889A? if yes, go on.

1) remove (if you have) AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, ALCinject.kext, legacy*.kext from everywhere you installed.

2) if you install, for example, 1.6.2a37_4outs3ins_analog_reg phone, you have to install to /System/Library/Extensions. The best way is to use KextHelper for installing, and then restart your system. It should work.

3) if you prefer to legacy, you have to install "vanilla (original) AppleHDA.kext" into /System/Library/Extensions. Legacy*.kexts and HDAenabler.kext (must be the one with Legacy*.kexts) can be installed into /Extra/Extensions, /Extra/Extensions.mkext, or /System/Library/Extensions. You can get on the first post.

The main point is to get your soundcard works. Don't worry about Audio info. in System Profilers.

That's all I can think how to solve your problem.

CodecVerbs, 889-00.rtf can be used for Gigabyte ALC889A & ALC888

I'm not sure whats the purpose and the difference between the different 889-* rtf files you provide in that zip? Can you please explain that, do we need to exchange the config data you put in the kext with the values from the rtf files?

I tried to put that one (889-00.rtf) on the Config Data and I still get 2 line out devices while System Profiler reports I have 3.

Not a big problem though, the song is working great... (all the back & front (non-hda) analog ports are working except the back orange center sub port)

Thanks!

I'm not sure whats the purpose and the difference between the different 889-* rtf files you provide in that zip? Can you please explain that, do we need to exchange the config data you put in the kext with the values from the rtf files?

I tried to put that one (889-00.rtf) on the Config Data and I still get 2 line out devices while System Profiler reports I have 3.

Not a big problem though, the song is working great... (all the back & front (non-hda) analog ports are working except the back orange center sub port)

Thanks!

You don't have to do anything about CodecVerbs. I want to tell anyone who wants to learn how CodecVerbs can be.

In System Profilers, I have to make it 10 devices; otherwise, I will get errors of Sound assertion.

I think AppleHDA.kext has some limitation. I could get only 4 maximum outputs to be appeared in System Preferences' Sound.

You don't have to do anything about CodecVerbs. I want to tell anyone who wants to learn how CodecVerbs can be.

In System Profilers, I have to make it 10 devices; otherwise, I will get errors of Sound assertion.

I think AppleHDA.kext has some limitation. I could get only 4 maximum outputs to be appeared in System Preferences' Sound.

Yes, everytime I tried 5 outputs, removing on of the inputs, like Digital In that I have no use, neither di I have the bracket dor the Motherboard connection.

But the weird thing is that the Vanilla AppleHDA has some pathmaps with 4 outputs (the 5th is HDMI).

Tmongkol I keep getting a few Sound assertion errors for my alc888 kext too.

So you simply suggest to enter all the ports Codec Verbs to get rid of these errors is thst right?

Hi All,

I have a GA P35-DS3R. I install iPC 10.5.6 Final and all work out of box except the sound. The chipset is ALC889A with Azalia in Auto Mode in my Bios. On Kalyway 10.5.2 with oldest kext, the sound works find.

With this install, the music is ok but the voices are strange and i ear crack on mouse gesture, double click and co.

Can you help me ?

PS: My english is bad

Tmongkol I keep getting a few Sound assertion errors for my alc888 kext too.

So you simply suggest to enter all the ports Codec Verbs to get rid of these errors is thst right?

Try 1.5.7a24 888.zip

Using AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext and SMBIOSEnabler.kext can cause of Sound assertion errors.

Try to use SMBIOSResolver.kext or AnV AppleSMBIOS.kext to get rid of errors.

See my Error_Reports.rtf which I collected and how I solved.

"I would like to say that there are many causes of errors."

Hi All,

I have a GA P35-DS3R. I install iPC 10.5.6 Final and all work out of box except the sound. The chipset is ALC889A with Azalia in Auto Mode in my Bios. On Kalyway 10.5.2 with oldest kext, the sound works find.

With this install, the music is ok but the voices are strange and i ear crack on mouse gesture, double click and co.

Can you help me ?

PS: My english is bad

Try AnV AppleSMBIOS.kext, see my signature. It's also in iPC 10.5.6.

I need advice for alc890 for starting to work i tried with applehda patcher and codec dump (make it my self)no result with appleazalia no sound. Is somethig to escape me? I think i start all over with install mac os

read THe KiNG & MadTux's guides. I used to read taruga's guide; however, I could not get it. Until I read THe KiNG's guide and took several months for understanding. Also, I studied what other people did.

I read your thread and you are using ASROCK. It's hard to get it work. I used to use taruga's patcher on ASRock Conroe 945G-DVI but it's not working. Also, I've never tried to work on this MOBO after I read THe KiNG's guide.

Try 1.5.7a24 888.zip & 1.6.2a37 888.zip

Using AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext and SMBIOSEnabler.kext can cause of Sound assertion errors.

Try to use SMBIOSResolver.kext or AnV AppleSMBIOS.kext to get rid of errors.

See my Error_Reports.rtf which I collected and how I solved.

I'm using vanilla smbios with chameleonsm Smbios override

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=970344

do you think thats a problem

Can you tell me what your motherboard is? Does it has ALC889A? if yes, go on.

1) remove (if you have) AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, ALCinject.kext, legacy*.kext from everywhere you installed.

2) if you install, for example, 1.6.2a37_4outs3ins_analog_reg phone, you have to install to /System/Library/Extensions. The best way is to use KextHelper for installing, and then restart your system. It should work.

3) if you prefer to legacy, you have to install "vanilla (original) AppleHDA.kext" into /System/Library/Extensions. Legacy*.kexts and HDAenabler.kext (must be the one with Legacy*.kexts) can be installed into /Extra/Extensions, /Extra/Extensions.mkext, or /System/Library/Extensions. You can get on the first post.

The main point is to get your soundcard works. Don't worry about Audio info. in System Profilers.

That's all I can think how to solve your problem.

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P which does have the ALC889A. Thnx I'll give it a shot.

Thank a lot, but don't work :) I think, the problem is maybe the voodoo kernel or else...

This night, I try to change some kexts :

Replace Intel ICHx SATA Support by Intel ICH10 SATA Support

Add SMBIOS Resolver

I have already add your suggestion AnV AppleSMBIOS (MacPro)

For my test, I have :

n1_1.6.2a37_3outs3ins_digital_HDA_headphone

n2_1.6.2a37_3outs3ins_digital_regular_headphone

=> Which version for a headphone on greenport with mic on pink ? Actually, I set the output on Internal Speaker. I just want stereo with mic.

A friend, on FR subforum, suggest me to test :

AppleAC97Audio

AppleAzaliaAudio

=> What do you think about ? For test this, I delete AppleHDA and HDAEnabler, ok ?

Whatever the kexts I use, I still strange sound and this info :

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A002

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Microphone:

Microphone:

Line In:

Headphone:

Speaker:

Line Out:

Line Out:

Line Out:

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Combo

S/P-DIF In:

Connection: Combo

I'm using vanilla smbios with chameleonsm Smbios override

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=970344

do you think thats a problem

@indraganzo

Today I tried to test AppleHDA by using DSDT & w/o HDAEnabler.kext. DSDT exactly would not be the cause of errors if ConfigData of AppleHDAController.kext is correct.

For example, if data of ConfigData is not correct, i.e. no data, missing one Pin Complex, wrong codecverb, etc., you might get reports like these following.

Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2508 goto handler

Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 850 goto handler

For your situation, I guess it could be chameleonsm Smbios override. You may get errors as following.

Sound assertion "0 == entry" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 2645 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 == entry" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 2678 goto Exit

Thank a lot, but don't work ;) I think, the problem is maybe the voodoo kernel or else...

This night, I try to change some kexts :

Replace Intel ICHx SATA Support by Intel ICH10 SATA Support

Add SMBIOS Resolver

I have already add your suggestion AnV AppleSMBIOS (MacPro)

For my test, I have :

n1_1.6.2a37_3outs3ins_digital_HDA_headphone

n2_1.6.2a37_3outs3ins_digital_regular_headphone

=> Which version for a headphone on greenport with mic on pink ? Actually, I set the output on Internal Speaker. I just want stereo with mic.

A friend, on FR subforum, suggest me to test :

AppleAC97Audio

AppleAzaliaAudio

=> What do you think about ? For test this, I delete AppleHDA and HDAEnabler, ok ?

Whatever the kexts I use, I still strange sound and this info :

@Schatten

Are you still using 10.5.2? If yes, I think my edited kexts should not work for you. You should upgrade to 10.5.4 for Kalyway and use 1.5.7a24 3+3 regular. Remove AppleAC97Audio, AppleAzaliaAudio, ALCinject if you have them.

@Schatten

Are you still using 10.5.2? If yes, I think my edited kexts should not work for you. You should upgrade to 10.5.4 for Kalyway and use 1.5.7a24 3+3 regular. Remove AppleAC97Audio, AppleAzaliaAudio, ALCinject if you have them.

No, of course :D I'm on Fresh iPC 10.5.6 Final Installation :unsure:

I try again, and I come back here.

Thanks a lot

Edit: I think, I make a bad things on installing kext.

I use Kexthelper for install Two Kexts : AppleHDA and HDAEnabler

After this, I repear permission with DiskUtility and reboot.

I have wrong ?

Edit 2: -f on the boot

the information has changed :

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x1458A002

Identifiant audio : 889

Appareils disponibles :

Microphone :

Connexion : Interne

Microphone :

Connexion : Prise Jack 1/8 pouce

Entrée ligne :

Casque :

Haut-parleur :

Sortie de ligne :

Sortie de ligne :

Sortie de ligne :

Sortie S/P-DIF :

Connexion : Combo

Entrée S/P-DIF :

Connexion : Combo

But I have voice with Echo, not good but better :D

I tray 1.5.7a24 3outs3ins digital regular headphone

Edit 3: on my installation of iPC, I have not install DSDT. Is it important ?

Final Edit: With Hopeless, I try another method 889a.Audio.ICH10, with ALCInject. I have good song but with cracks on mouse gesture, and co. The microphone, apparently works... I don't understand. I think ALCInject is a oldest method and your method, HDAEnable, is better.

If you have suggestion, I take this ;) and Thanks again for your help

PS: P35-DS3R v2 Bios F13C