The NVIDIA 9500GT Thread

Mrx33

454 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have installed my graphic card with the installer 9000 series and nvdarwin.

It's work but 320Mo on graphic memory.

I will do the change manually after :)

I can play at guitar hero 3, but at the change resolution, i have a black scren and i must do a sleep/unsleep to restore the proper color :(

Hi all,

I have installed my graphic card with the installer 9000 series and nvdarwin.

It's work but 320Mo on graphic memory.

I will do the change manually after :(

I can play at guitar hero 3, but at the change resolution, i have a black scren and i must do a sleep/unsleep to restore the proper color :)

Try this installation method:

(Alternate download location: www.onetimesales.com/drivers/macosx)

Download NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2.zip and NVDarwin 1.2.3 before installing the video card. Your system may not boot up correctly after installing Leopard 10.5.5, but you can boot up with safe mode switch (-x) to bypass it. When you have Mac OSX loaded successfully, just run the installation from NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2.zip first. After rebooting, install NVDarwin 1.2.3 next. Reboot the system again, you should have Geforce 9000 with full resolution and QE feature.

Try this installation method:

(Alternate download location: www.onetimesales.com/drivers/macosx)

Download NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2.zip and NVDarwin 1.2.3 before installing the video card. Your system may not boot up correctly after installing Leopard 10.5.5, but you can boot up with safe mode switch (-x) to bypass it. When you have Mac OSX loaded successfully, just run the installation from NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2.zip first. After rebooting, install NVDarwin 1.2.3 next. Reboot the system again, you should have Geforce 9000 with full resolution and QE feature.

thanks a lot pal

but I made some modification to get the system profiler read correctly as NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, which is after I installed NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2, I continue with the gfxutil method here http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=222.0 so I can use EFI strings.

• 2 weeks later...

How can I boot ideneb without NVdarwin e natit support? After I installed it won't boot.

I tried -x or -x -v and even with "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" it hangs after NVdarwin and natit drivers load...

Can someone help me, please?

Solved in this way: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;mode=linear

Now I need a nvidia 9500gt driver, because my ideneb starts only in safe mode... any help, please?

I don't know what's wrong, but the forum search engine is broken!

I tried searching 9500GT but I receive this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...rch&CODE=01

Anyway I solved with this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137033

Then this (solution 2): http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry949684

NVdarwin.kext must be installed alone, not with the whole NVdarwin installation suite.

Now video card seems working, I don't know how to test it properly, anyway I've got hi resolution and good graphic speed.

Is anyone able to upload this file to another file sharing site or attach it or something?

The first link is dead, and the second one gives me this message "We are sorry, but all downloading slots for your country are busy."

So the fun never ends.

I added device id, changed the NVCAP and swapped the display connectors in NVinject.kext. You can too try with your device id and NVCAP.

I tried the same for my card but it won't enable the QI.

I tried even with the nvdarwin 1.2.5 inserting the NVCAP but there's no way...

NVCAP Maker says:

my card id is 0x064010de

Peak (Nvidia) 9500GT 1GB

If someone want to try to do some kext I would test it

OK I got it.

Update to 10.5.6 then without any injector, I entered the device id in the new nVidia Driver (NVDANV50Hal.kext/ NVDAResman.kext/)updated with 10.5.6, added the EFI string to boot.pl with osxtools giving the NVCAP string.

Now it's harware accelerated with QE enabled :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a 9500 GT with 1GB RAM and can't get it to work with iDeneb. I tried various methods and ended up with severe graphic errors or no picture at all (black screen).

Some additional infos on the card: connectors - starting with the closest to the mainboard - DVI , VGA, TV-Out

My TFT is VGA-only, so it's connected via Adapter to the DVI port.

It would be nice if somebody could give me some advise (or some already prepared kexts :( ).

btw: my system consists of an athlon 3800+ EE, some asus board with nforce 430 chipset, 2GB of DRR2 800MHz, 500GB Sata HDD

All of that works fine. It's just the graphics.

EFI string for 9500gt 512MB

just swaped my 7300gs with an 9500gt 512mb,... left everything alone, works,...

but xbench on user interface gets 16,....

nvinject don't work with 10.5.5

currently running efi string,.... but efistudio don't have a entry for the 9500gt ?

anybody have an EFI string ?

or tried the OSXtools to custom make one ? how does that work,... just a noob,...

thanks