Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

First of all Change the SATA Configuration in the Bios to AHCI Mode.

Please remove all the external devices that you have connected to your computer. Disable the onboard LAN and also remove the external LAN card if you have one.

Have you tried iATkos OSX?. If iDeneb is not working then try that one and see............

My BIOS was changed SATA to ACHI before installation of MAC.

I have no external devices. Only MOBO P5Q Deluxe, C2D 8500, Video Zotac NVIDIA 8600 GT, DDR2 Kingston 1066 - 2GB, HDD Segate SATA, DVD SATA.

I have tried iATKos OSX, but installation is fault :angel: . And I aslo tried Leo4All 10.5.3 and again fault :wacko:

Screen for iDeneb 10.5.5 (after installation and before first booting)

post-331641-1229144492_thumb.jpg

What i must check in the Custom before installation? kernel, software etc...

Same here... I suppose it's caused by the latest BIOS update 1611, but I'm not sure.

Bios 1611 modded was already flashed on the old installation, then I did a complete reinstallation it booted ok, then I did the mac update and I received the kernel panic error during the operation.

I think I'll try to flash back the 1501 modded bios, I can't even start the installation and I received some error about "don't steal mac osx"

get back to 1501 modded bios (1611 was even removed from the asus download page)

booted with the installation dvd

Utility - Terminal

deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext directory

reboot

solved :)

I used "Terminal->Bash-80x24" typing "deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext directory". Out messsage "command not found". Also i observe, that CPU error (similar to "cpns=1" etc.) often happen at installation with diffrent kernel's and BIOS. I used 9.0.4 kernel of iDeneb.

excuse me... the command is:

rm -rf AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

You have to go in the /System/Library/Extensions/ directory maybe browsing it from /Volumes/yourmacdisk/System/Library/Extensions/

So the command should be:

rm -rf /Volumes/yourmacdisk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Substitute yourmacdisk with your OSX86 disk label

I don't remember if it needs the "sudo" before the command, but I think no.

i can't go back with the 1501bios, 'cause the sofware for vista tells the bios 1501 is older than mine(1611), ad when i go in the ezflash dos software, it tells me that the boot blocks are not valide.

how can i downgrade my bios in 1501, please.

thanx

excuse me... the command is:

rm -rf AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

You have to go in the /System/Library/Extensions/ directory maybe browsing it from /Volumes/yourmacdisk/System/Library/Extensions/

So the command should be:

rm -rf /Volumes/yourmacdisk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Substitute yourmacdisk with your OSX86 disk label

I don't remember if it needs the "sudo" before the command, but I think no.

oh, it doesn't work for me :P

this is a screen of log

post-331641-1229202915_thumb.jpg

@Moisi you need to run AFUDOS 2.07 (google for it) from a DOS boot USB key or floppy with obviously the BIOS file you want to flash, then you give:

AFUDOS /ifileNAME.ROM /pbnc /n

I don't think the problem is the BIOS but I'm not sure, because I downgraded then removed the kext directory.

@Hozra you are using the single user mode, instead you have to start the installation, maybe with -x, then on the top you have some menus, you click on Utility then on Terminal and you should remove the directory.

My BIOS was changed SATA to ACHI before installation of MAC.

I have no external devices. Only MOBO P5Q Deluxe, C2D 8500, Video Zotac NVIDIA 8600 GT, DDR2 Kingston 1066 - 2GB, HDD Segate SATA, DVD SATA.

I have tried iATKos OSX, but installation is fault :) . And I aslo tried Leo4All 10.5.3 and again fault :wacko:

Screen for iDeneb 10.5.5 (after installation and before first booting)

post-331641-1229144492_thumb.jpg

What i must check in the Custom before installation? kernel, software etc...

Man O man.....

Your Mobo is P5Q Deluxe.......Which is different from ours.... Ours if only ASUS P5Q and yours is P5Q Deluxe

The Bios which I gave you earlier is for only P5Q Only ASUS P5Q no Suffix....

Download your modded P5Q Deluxe bios from here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=39768 ...

i can't go back with the 1501bios, 'cause the sofware for vista tells the bios 1501 is older than mine(1611), ad when i go in the ezflash dos software, it tells me that the boot blocks are not valide.

how can i downgrade my bios in 1501, please.

thanx

You need to flash the bios using EZ Flash Utility from the Bios...You will be able to downlgrade the Bios

robert_xes it won't downgrade from EZ flash, the only way (as I know) is downgrading it with afudos 2.07

May be.... But I was able to downgrade using EZ Flash.

By the way I have added the Shutdown /Restart kext for Shutdown /Restart problem.

Man O man.....

Your Mobo is P5Q Deluxe.......Which is different from ours.... Ours if only ASUS P5Q and yours is P5Q Deluxe

The Bios which I gave you earlier is for only P5Q Only ASUS P5Q no Suffix....

Download your modded P5Q Deluxe bios from here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=39768 ...

I know what my MOBO is P5Q Deluxe. In the Post #64 i wrote about this

"bios: 1611_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_Deluxe_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip

from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136586"

"

After replacing my BIOS i be able to install MAC, but i can't make fisrt boot.

I know what my MOBO is P5Q Deluxe. In the Post #64 i wrote about this

"bios: 1611_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_Deluxe_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip

from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136586"

"

After replacing my BIOS i be able to install MAC, but i can't make fisrt boot.

I noted one thing on the error message that you posted, Nvkush is not detecting your Graphics Card.

Try selecting other options in Graphics and see....

If that is not working then try to install iAktos 10.5.5......

Hello,

I have the normal P5Q, and i'm trying to install iATKOS_4a (osx 10.5.4) and i have flashed my bios to 1611 modded.

But when i'm booting with the '-v' option, the installer wil hang at this line:

'Dec 15 15:26:48 localhost DirectoryService[51]":aunched version 5.0 (v514)'

Specs:

Mobo: p5q

Memory: Corsair Dominator

Processor: Intel E8500

Soundcard: Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platium Pro

What is the problem?

Thank you!

DJVG

Edit: Here is an screenshot:

4946e8d260d28-IMAGE_179.jpg

Hello,

I have the normal P5Q, and i'm trying to install iATKOS_4a (osx 10.5.4) and i have flashed my bios to 1611 modded.

But when i'm booting with the '-v' option, the installer wil hang at this line:

'Dec 15 15:26:48 localhost DirectoryService[51]":aunched version 5.0 (v514)'

Specs:

Mobo: p5q

Memory: Corsair Dominator

Processor: Intel E8500

Soundcard: Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platium Pro

What is the problem?

Thank you!

DJVG

Edit: Here is an screenshot:

4946e8d260d28-IMAGE_179.jpg

Did you change the Storage Configuration in the Bios to AHCI Mode

Couple of questions. NVkush is not working for my ATI 3450 video card (512MB), even though I updated the info.plist file via NVkush and deleted Geforce and NV* kexts. Do I need to delete any other kexts? I need a resolution of 1680x1050. Any suggestions? Using iAtkos right now.

Also, is it possible to do a retail install on the P5Q? I tried following the instructions on the Retail DVD Guide but I get an error (cannot install on this disc) when I try and "open OSInstall.mpkg".

DJVG I had to disable every CPU features in BIOS even disable the ethernet onboard eventually even the other things like audio, marvell controller and firewire port, you don't need during the installation, when the installation finish and you have to boot the system, set back the CPU features to standard and enable the audio.

Start the installation with -x -v

DJVG I had to disable every CPU features in BIOS even disable the ethernet onboard eventually even the other things like audio, marvell controller and firewire port, you don't need during the installation, when the installation finish and you have to boot the system, set back the CPU features to standard and enable the audio.

Start the installation with -x -v

Hi Marionez,

Thank you, i have tried with al onboard devices disabeled, as Ethernet, IDE Controller, Audio and Firewire.

Which CPU features do you mean?