HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Anybody running Snow L on HP 6720s?

i tried it on my hp 550 (similar to 6720s) and i get a lot of kp's but gprince is running it on his, seems to have usb issues i guess. if you do manage to get it up and running please post the how to's

• 2 weeks later...
Here's my dsdt help to fix this so I can see if I can change the brightness like in Windows or Linux.

It is from a 6720s with Celeron M530 and BIOS version F0.B

I found out also iasl for Windows if someone want to try... http://www.acpica.org/downloads/binary_tools.php

and you can get dsdt and aml directly in windows.

cele_82 did you manage to get the dim light display of your laptop to work corectly? Thanks!

BlackCH, Thank you very much! Im testing and I will be reporting. Saludos y Gracias de nuevo.

P.D. Te adjunto mi dsdt.dsl para que por favor le des un vistazo en la parte de la ethernet 82562GT (device C137), la cual me reconoce perfectamente en el perfil del sistema (PCI) con ayuda de chameleon 2.0RC2 y el boot de netkas pcefiV10.3, solo coloque el flag <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>y</string>

en el com.apple.Boot.plist de la carpeta extra; tambien va en la carpeta extra/extensions el IONetworkingFamily.kext (vanilla) previamente preparado, dentro de el coloque en /PlugIns el Intel82566MM.kext de Guijin Ding, borre todos los plugins (kext de otros modelos) restantes y listo. Bueno, ahora si, despues de este intento de aporte jejeje me despido. :D

De nada, espero que te sirva.

I keep it in english for the rest of the people to catch up...

I think my last DSDT will be good for you (and for the rest of the users). You dont need any flags for the PCI devices to appear; theres an injection for that in the DSDT, but probably you want to change the wifi card info (im using a broadcom).

Also theres many more optimisations; you can compare my dsl with yours with TextWrangler (it has a function to compare two files and its free). You'll see there are some changes here and there (I dont mean the 'zero' and '0x00'; those are made by the compiler).

Thanks.

It's apparently the ACPIThermal kext which prevents sleep from working.

So the solution is to unload it before sleep and reload it afterwards:

install sleepwatcher, and edit /etc/rc.sleep to add:

"/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIThermal.kext"

edit /etc/rc.wakeup to add:

"/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIThermal.kext"

• 2 weeks later...

@ gprince

Can you, please, be more specific about adding line in rc.sleep or rc.wakeup.

If this is executable part of rc.sleep :

for user in `echo 'show State:/Users/ConsoleUser' | scutil | awk '/kCGSSessionUserNameKey/ { print $3 }'`; do

home=`eval echo ~$user`

if [ -x "$home/.sleep" ]; then

logger -t $0 "executing .sleep of user $user"

su - $user -c "$home/.sleep"

fi

done

Then were exactly to pu the line :

"/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIThermal.kext"

To clarify for us, non programer, users, you can paste here you own rc.sleep file

Thanks in advance

I've installed succesfully SL and got it working with your kext pack except for those:

- Brightness keys are not correctly mapped * You can't solve that cuz they're system-managed keys and do not accept another driver to take control of these, needs DSDT remapping *

- Brightness is not working at all (as with the other DSDT's you made) for me it puts the half left of the screen in nearly absoulte dark while leaving the other in a little more visible dark.

It's directly related to DSDT as there's a funcion there (PNLF, superhai posted a dsdt from a macbook air that had it solved) who manages AppleBlackilight (see in IOregistry). There could be two ways to solve it (well three):

1st Modify AppleBlacklight to exclusively our display to do what's meant to be, ie, use the brightness in a correct way. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t48894.html

EDIT: Something similar happens with SL and MBP 13" (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...=0&start=15). It's related with brightness levels, if we can manage to put the brightness levels to a correct level it'll work (probably).

2nd Repair the PNLF device in DSDT so that works as it was meant to be (with the correct display levels).

3rd (Maybe Works) As i've seen in another post related to blacklight issues, we could adjust the maximum/minimum of the display's blacklight (in DSDT) so that at the end we might find two valors that reproduce exactly what does the BIOS do (i'd prefer that the lowest level of blacklight suspends both display and blacklight, but oh well if that's the way...).

- Sleep hangs the system (you can't return from sleep and it doesn't go to sleep). I'll try the sleepwatcher post asap.

- Internal modem still doesn't work (It needs a script to be done, but i'm too lazy to do it + Agere Systems was absorbed some years ago).

I'm hoping on getting this solved, i've been around with this from 10.5.5 and it has really, really improved but still i don't have wifi neither it works 100%. BTW: I'm not using modified x3100 kexts.. just the ones that came with apple and i've got native 1280x800.

PD: anyone has tested SD/MMC reader? I think it doens't work w/o a properly kext but i haven't tried it.

EDIT: The most similar display specification i've found is this http://www.gblcd.com/datacenter/lg_Philips/LP154W01%20A3.pdf

Could we achieve this with the upcoming 10.6.2 drivers? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t162431.html (1680x1050x32@60). Also, wait for Thireus to solve the problems with x3100 overclocking in SL, maybe we can get this chipset to do something good.

Guys! Please help me.

i've been installing iatkos v7 on my compaq 610 laptop. but i had so many issues to solve. Please help me to solve issues. I've try so many things but no luck.

any hakintosh cd compatible with my drivers?

Display - not supported

LAN -wired internet-- not working

sound okay

This are the specs.

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 / 2 GHz

Chipset Type - Mobile Intel GME965 Express

RAM Installed Size - 4 GB

Display - Max Resolution - 1366 x 768 ( WXGA )

Video Graphics Processor / Vendor - Intel GMA X3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0

Max Allocated RAM Size - 384 MB

Networking - Wireless LAN Supported

LAN - AGERE

Wireless NIC - Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Data Link Protocol - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

Remote Management Protocol - SNMP

Compliant Standards - IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g

Guys! Please help me.

i've been installing iatkos v7 on my compaq 610 laptop. but i had so many issues to solve. Please help me to solve issues. I've try so many things but no luck.

any hakintosh cd compatible with my drivers?

Display - not supported

LAN -wired internet-- not working

sound okay

This are the specs.

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 / 2 GHz

Chipset Type - Mobile Intel GME965 Express

RAM Installed Size - 4 GB

Display - Max Resolution - 1366 x 768 ( WXGA )

Video Graphics Processor / Vendor - Intel GMA X3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0

Max Allocated RAM Size - 384 MB

Networking - Wireless LAN Supported

LAN - AGERE

Wireless NIC - Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Data Link Protocol - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

Remote Management Protocol - SNMP

Compliant Standards - IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g

My advice - if you want to take it in considretion- : Install iDeneb 1.5 on a 10 GB partition (of your HDD, partition scheme GUID). It'll pop up with working trackpad and keyboard. Grab DSDT.aml from this post and put it on your hdd (you could use a windows live cd with macdrive, use linux or boot with iDeneb DVD and put it there) - This step is optional-. Get your Snow Leo original DVD, run OSInstall.mpkg, run Chamaelon installer on Snow leo's partition (must be RC3).

Last, without rebooting on snow leo copy BlackCH drivers to where they're pointed and enjoy.

I know this is almost nothing, there's a guide out there just search for 6720s and look at "Snow Leopard on 6720s".

I recommend at last to keep iDeneb's partition. I know it's 10 GB, but it can save your live on a failed driver install and make an Snow Leopard's HDD image (using SuperDuper!, for example). That way you'll only have to boot with a bootable Mac Os X DVD / Installation and restore it.

EDIT: I've seen that on Lan you have AGERE. 6720s incorporates an internal modem Agere HDA Modem. Don't expect that modem to work because nobody will make a driver for a company that has disappeared + 56k modem.

Go grab 82566's kext (driver) and use it.

My advice - if you want to take it in considretion- : Install iDeneb 1.5 on a 10 GB partition (of your HDD, partition scheme GUID). It'll pop up with working trackpad and keyboard. Grab DSDT.aml from this post and put it on your hdd (you could use a windows live cd with macdrive, use linux or boot with iDeneb DVD and put it there) - This step is optional-. Get your Snow Leo original DVD, run OSInstall.mpkg, run Chamaelon installer on Snow leo's partition (must be RC3).

Last, without rebooting on snow leo copy BlackCH drivers to where they're pointed and enjoy.

I know this is almost nothing, there's a guide out there just search for 6720s and look at "Snow Leopard on 6720s".

I recommend at last to keep iDeneb's partition. I know it's 10 GB, but it can save your live on a failed driver install and make an Snow Leopard's HDD image (using SuperDuper!, for example). That way you'll only have to boot with a bootable Mac Os X DVD / Installation and restore it.

EDIT: I've seen that on Lan you have AGERE. 6720s incorporates an internal modem Agere HDA Modem. Don't expect that modem to work because nobody will make a driver for a company that has disappeared + 56k modem.

Go grab 82566's kext (driver) and use it.

Thanks alot, i will try this. thanks for your time and effort to reply.

anyone found a way to get sleep working again?

Edit: After using the AppleACPIPlatform.kext provided in the first post it seems like my fan is always on, too bad i didnt backup my kext before installing this one, now ive lost sleep and my fan is annoying

My fan is going running ok with the kext's from this post. In fact it works better than with windows. It doesn't warm up (unless i have two virtual machines on; they're not configured for laptop mode).

What annoys me most is the battery metter, it's not stable, always changes up and down, it's that correct?. Also my battery gets drown like hell, it lasts for about one hour (two with the lights off, as it's for me one level down brightness = half screen dark).

I've asked BlackCH on what did he touch in the DSDT in order to get brightness keys to work (the two keys left to Insert) because i want to modify, if possible, the keyb adress they're assigned (I've found they keyboard there, not much difficult just search for C297 or PS2, the device, but no clue on where they're assigned).

While i wait for it's response i'm trying to get some sort of cheat to change those system keys to FN+F7 and FN+F8.

Oh and btw, BlackCH you should change the Wi-fi device as i hope this week we'll have a working Intel 3945 kext (mercurysquad) so that Mac OS X doesn't recognize it (at least the string) as Broadcom.

We're near having our 6720s to become a real mac! Don't get down now!

My fan is going running ok with the kext's from this post. In fact it works better than with windows. It doesn't warm up (unless i have two virtual machines on; they're not configured for laptop mode).

What annoys me most is the battery metter, it's not stable, always changes up and down, it's that correct?. Also my battery gets drown like hell, it lasts for about one hour (two with the lights off, as it's for me one level down brightness = half screen dark).

I've asked BlackCH on what did he touch in the DSDT in order to get brightness keys to work (the two keys left to Insert) because i want to modify, if possible, the keyb adress they're assigned (I've found they keyboard there, not much difficult just search for C297 or PS2, the device, but no clue on where they're assigned).

While i wait for it's response i'm trying to get some sort of cheat to change those system keys to FN+F7 and FN+F8.

Oh and btw, BlackCH you should change the Wi-fi device as i hope this week we'll have a working Intel 3945 kext (mercurysquad) so that Mac OS X doesn't recognize it (at least the string) as Broadcom.

We're near having our 6720s to become a real mac! Don't get down now!

use functionflip v1.3 to remap ur keys for brightness and volume. And i think before we start talking about a real mac, your forgetting about the lack of sleep which is essential for a laptop, i think we should concentrate on trying to get sleep working with the new kexts posted here since i had it working without these kexts with sleepenabler.

Edit: thanks juanerson for the kext, finally managed to get sleep working again.

yushir, please take a look to my dsdt, i got 3945 patch (entry), C297 device (PS2K) and all fixes by blackCH, and some usb cosmetics differences. You need this wonderful tool: DSDTse for open, edit and apply fixes to your own dsdt... with DSDTse you can open .dsl or .aml files and recompile it. I recommend always to use the last file.dsl for each modification and do not use the file.aml directly. About Fan control, here no problem at all, and my opinion is the same like you. About the battery metter and battery life time, i have no problem with that, but is not enough for me, because i did always have 3:30 hrs in leopard and now i have only 3:00 hrs in SL. I think something is not working fine with 6720s in SL and my doubt is the Openhaltrestart.kext that i didnt need it ever in leopard, and make me worried because i dont know if SL really shut down or not. Finally, dont forget coolbook for speedstep is the best (PM me), also a proper MacBook3,1 profile (smbios.plist) is very important in my opinion for general system stability (compatibility). Please Sorry for my so bad English. Bye.

hi juanerson

ive never used smbios.plist and my laptop is workin fine. in my extras folder all i have is fakesmc. by goin back to vanilla appleacpi provided by you ive even got sleep workin now (obv loosing the usb fix, although i havent tested it now). so my question is, do we really need smbios.plist and proper macbook3.1 profile? mine shows macbook2.1 at the moment.

yushir, please take a look to my dsdt, i got 3945 patch (entry), C297 device (PS2K) and all fixes by blackCH, and some usb cosmetics differences. You need this wonderful tool: DSDTse for open, edit and apply fixes to your own dsdt... with DSDTse you can open .dsl or .aml files and recompile it. I recommend always to use the last file.dsl for each modification and do not use the file.aml directly. About Fan control, here no problem at all, and my opinion is the same like you. About the battery metter and battery life time, i have no problem with that, but is not enough for me, because i did always have 3:30 hrs in leopard and now i have only 3:00 hrs in SL. I think something is not working fine with 6720s in SL and my doubt is the Openhaltrestart.kext that i didnt need it ever in leopard, and make me worried because i dont know if SL really shut down or not. Finally, dont forget coolbook for speedstep is the best (PM me), also a proper MacBook3,1 profile (smbios.plist) is very important in my opinion for general system stability (compatibility). Please Sorry for my so bad English. Bye.

Referring to your post, i'm not intending on using FuncitonFlip. There are lots of programs that can remap a normal key to do some special function for Mac OS X, but i want those that where intended for it (Fn+F7 and Fn+F8) to do that job. the problem is that those keys are hardware-based, and when Mac OS X takes the control of the kbd they do loose functionality. What i want is some way to change the actual mapped keys to those that should be (but Applekbd kext won't even recognize Fn+F7 and Fn+F8 code...).

BTW, I've never got Sleep to work on my 6720s, not even with all the patches on 10.5.6... So, what did you exactly do to get it working? Simply use the kext you attached?

I don't even get it with that kext. On 10.5.6 it didn't go to slee (maybe there was some problem with usb's keeping it from sleeping), but on snow when i tr to sleep the screen goes dark and the system hangs up, making no possible to return to it unless you hard reboot it. Any clue?

Ty in advance.

Well ALL should know that Apple special quicklaunch buttons are directed by the interface in APIC HPQ0006, which is device C29B. This may give us a clue on how to get it working.

EDIT: I've been looking on the IOregistry for values changing on brightness achnge.. they appear to be not only normal but higher than they should (level 1 is 0x78 from a maximum of 0x80 and a minimum of 0x00)... interesting.

Hi dakku, i always did need to use smbios.plist in /Extra because my hardware information was wrong in system profile, i mind like core processor speed, bus speed and FSB. Another reason was coolbook, because this program need a real compatible macbook information with speedstep support for to work properly. Thas why im using a smbios.plist (MB3,1 profile) and this Apple models table is the better hackintosh reference if you want a clone jejeje:

iMac9,1 E8135-E8435 (Penryn) nVidia_9400M, nVidia_GT130, ATI_HD4850

MacMini3,1 P7350,P8400 (Penryn) nVidia_9400M

MacBook3,1 T7500 (Merom) GMAX3100

MacBook4,1 T8100,T8300 (Penryn) GMAX3100

MacBook5,1 P7350, P8600 (Penryn) nVidia_9400M-(shared memory!!!)

MacBook5,2 P7350 (Penryn) nVidia_9400M

MacBookAir1,1 P7500,P7700 (Merom) GMAX3100

MacBookAir2,1 L9300,L9400 (Penryn) nVidia_9400M

MacBookPro1,1 T2400,T2500 (Yonah) Mobility_Radeon_X1600

MacBookPro1,2 T2600 (Yonah) Mobility_Radeon_X1600

MacBookPro2,2 T7400 (Merom) Mobility_Radeon_X1600

MacBookPro3,1 T7700 (Merom) nVidia_8600M_GT

MacBookPro4,1 T8300,T9300,T9500 (Penryn) nVidia_8600M GT

MacBookPro5,1 P8600,T9400,T9600 (Penryn) nVidia_9600M

MacBookPro5,2 T9550,T9800 (Penryn) nVidia_9600M

P.D. the dell Inspiron 1720 is a very close clone of macbookpro4,1 (near perfect clone), see this: Dell Inspiron 1720 SL Installation