1443 replies to this topic

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Hi,
First of all, thank you Blackch for the dsdt file so I got my brightness working. (I have a HP550, X3100 2A12)

With all the last kext (1.5.36), my display got dimmed half part darker as the others.

So I installed the FB.kext version 1.5.18 as I read it didn't give the invalid display error, but I was stucked at a blue screen, and with the Natit.kex gma 950 (laptop) efi string from osx86tools t my laptop succed to boot, but the display wakes totally unlight.
But my brightness control is ok, without the half part darker and works totally, well I have to use the function flip prefpane.

The only thing is that my card is now seen as a gma950 but it's not important.

thanks for the tip, my brightness is working now, have you managed to find a fix to the issue of display waking up totally unlight?
Also, can someone help me with the audio drivers, only speaker output working at the moment, i cant get headphone jack to work.
HP 550 core 2 duo 1.8
running osx retail 10.5.7

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
has anyone managed to get sleep working on hp 550 or hp 6720s?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,450 posts

has anyone managed to get sleep working on hp 550 or hp 6720s?

Here there is something in Spanish with sources of excellent origin on sleep but I have not tested even: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=179432

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Here there is something in Spanish with sources of excellent origin on sleep but I have not tested even: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=179432

thanks for the info, i will try it and let you know my results here

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,450 posts
Hi Guys, I only wanted to comment to all those read this post that now I have native speedstep following this guide of the great Pere: Evosx86team. Please see my sign for the specifications of my laptop. My results are excellents, the temperatures cannot be better. I hope this helps to everyone and let us to know its experiences. Thanks.

23/08/09: Hi, I want report problems with sound, restart and shutdown after native speedstep... In fact, the bad bios structure from hp bios is the cause, thas why Im back to IntelEnhancedSpeedStep.kext (1.4.0) of mercurysquad.

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Hi Guys, I only wanted to comment to all those read this post that now I have native speedstep following this guide of the great Pere: Evosx86team. Please see my sign for the specifications of my laptop. My results are excellents, the temperatures cannot be better. I hope this helps to everyone and let us to know its experiences. Thanks.

23/08/09: Hi, I want report problems with sound, restart and shutdown after native speedstep... In fact, the bad bios structure from hp bios is the cause, thas why Im back to IntelEnhancedSpeedStep.kext (1.4.0) of mercurysquad.

does sleep work with speedstep by mercurysquad?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,450 posts

does sleep work with speedstep by mercurysquad?

Sincerely, I have not tested. I know this: Voodoopower + (Thireus) = works. Well, IntelEnhancedSpeedstep.kext + (Thireus) = ??? I think Maybe KP in perspective, maybe not.

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Sincerely, I have not tested. I know this: Voodoopower + (Thireus) = works. Well, IntelEnhancedSpeedstep.kext + (Thireus) = ??? I think Maybe KP in perspective, maybe not.

VoodooPower + SleepEnabler doesnt work for me, my screen switches off but the fans and led's are still running. Thireus says if sleep wasnt working prior to 10.5.8 it wont work and since sleep never worked for me, that doesnt help much.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,450 posts
Hi friends, I want to report some things:
First, Please read about native speedstep method by Pere (in spanish, but not complicated): Evosx86Team. Second, please see this apple models table (cpu/graphics): THe KiNG. I use the MacBook4,1 profile with CPU and mem changes accord to my system configuration, in my case do the job very well. For stepping view I recomend MSR Tools, which is a helpfully monitor program (dont work for me cpu-x and hardware monitor). I report that MacBookAir1,1, Macbook3,1 and MacBookPro3,1 profiles works excellent in stepping, but i got “stuttering” problems, dont resolve anything the flag: idlehalt=0. Well, also works: MacBook2,1, MacBook5,1 (100% w/o legacy kext, see others supported models: info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext), MacBookPro2,2 and MacBookPro4,1 profiles. Now, you can probe with this eight differents options, for better compatibility choise. I hope this helps to everyone and let us to know its experiences. Good luck... Please, Sorry for my so bad English :D .
PD: dakku, maybe works Sleep without Enabler kext, just with this vanilla method.

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
my sleep is finally working!! to b honest i didnt do nothing to it, this time i was just patient, earlier when i closed my lid my fans and lights were still running, but last night after my gf shut my laptops lid while arguing i later realised that it was actually sleep! :( i guess i just had to be patient with it, give it a around 10 seconds after u close the lid and the fans will stop running and it will finally be asleep.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Anybody running Snow L on HP 6720s?

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Anybody running Snow L on HP 6720s?

i tried it on my hp 550 (similar to 6720s) and i get a lot of kp's but gprince is running it on his, seems to have usb issues i guess. if you do manage to get it up and running please post the how to's

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
@dakku
OK. I saw that thread:
http://www.insanelym...p...8773&st=100
I'll post there.

robertandri

robertandri

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Here's my dsdt help to fix this so I can see if I can change the brightness like in Windows or Linux.

It is from a 6720s with Celeron M530 and BIOS version F0.B

I found out also iasl for Windows if someone want to try... http://www.acpica.or...inary_tools.php

and you can get dsdt and aml directly in windows.

cele_82 did you manage to get the dim light display of your laptop to work corectly? Thanks!

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
First post updated for Snow Leopard

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,450 posts
BlackCH, Thank you very much! Im testing and I will be reporting. Saludos y Gracias de nuevo.

Edited by juanerson, 02 October 2009 - 11:03 PM.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

BlackCH, Thank you very much! Im testing and I will be reporting. Saludos y Gracias de nuevo.
P.D. Te adjunto mi dsdt.dsl para que por favor le des un vistazo en la parte de la ethernet 82562GT (device C137), la cual me reconoce perfectamente en el perfil del sistema (PCI) con ayuda de chameleon 2.0RC2 y el boot de netkas pcefiV10.3, solo coloque el flag <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
en el com.apple.Boot.plist de la carpeta extra; tambien va en la carpeta extra/extensions el IONetworkingFamily.kext (vanilla) previamente preparado, dentro de el coloque en /PlugIns el Intel82566MM.kext de Guijin Ding, borre todos los plugins (kext de otros modelos) restantes y listo. Bueno, ahora si, despues de este intento de aporte jejeje me despido. :D

De nada, espero que te sirva.
I keep it in english for the rest of the people to catch up...
I think my last DSDT will be good for you (and for the rest of the users). You dont need any flags for the PCI devices to appear; theres an injection for that in the DSDT, but probably you want to change the wifi card info (im using a broadcom).
Also theres many more optimisations; you can compare my dsl with yours with TextWrangler (it has a function to compare two files and its free). You'll see there are some changes here and there (I dont mean the 'zero' and '0x00'; those are made by the compiler).

MILAN0

MILAN0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Appreicate your efforts mate! Will try your dsdt and Snow Leo. Great work!
So do you have any glitchy application on Snow Leo?

How can we get sleep enabled?

gprince

gprince

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Thanks.

It's apparently the ACPIThermal kext which prevents sleep from working.
So the solution is to unload it before sleep and reload it afterwards:
install sleepwatcher, and edit /etc/rc.sleep to add:
"/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIThermal.kext"

edit /etc/rc.wakeup to add:
"/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIThermal.kext"

MILAN0

MILAN0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I can get to sleep but can not wake it up. Can you advise what to check please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy