HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Hey all, tomorrow I will post my results!... Basically, my new (from A to Z) DSDT based in last bios available (hp 550 and 6720s)... full code (and non renamed) for better power management... all fixes at moment. Sleep works Out of the box in 6720s, is for sure also in HP 550, I meant w/o sleepenabler in vanilla system (retail installation) like mine. The only one problem is that we "need" appleacpithermal extension and this prevent sleep... the solution for me is the unload/load from terminal. See you.

Nice to hear from you my friend. You've been busy like bee these days.

Looking forward for your newest dsdt.

Considering All the Context DSDT-Sleep, this is a continuation from those Related posts #:

170, 193, 227, 229, 230 (yushir), 238, 240, 242, 244, 247, 260, 265, 269, and 280.

Here we go...

I am going to explain my experience to do successful sleeping. The scenario/context in which the tests were realised, as well as to show to the results and possible recommendations/solutions, but separately in two parts on different threads: DSDT (here BlackCH topic) and Sleep (smilenkovski topic). Please note for reasons of language I cannot extend in the explanation.

New DSDT: compatible with 550, 6520s, 6720s, 6820s and maybe other similar models.

In current DSDT thread I want to make clear that this is a DSDT which completely has been renewed, taking as it base the 6720s F.0D N Bios (the last one published on HP site) and I did made a clean compilable DSDT... in others words... its from scratch! And the most important full non renamed code, that in my opinion, offer a better Power Management resulting in cooler laptops. I mean, the original code is untouched from A to Z, and only was necessary add some hacks and fixes, that has been known corrections around this topic, all improvements at moment, but with a renewed style... and a little bit more things I have added to obtain a almost perfect sleep capability by native way.

Note: Of course, this DSDT by all means is suceptible of being improved. Please feel free to do any improvement... and comment here for all of us.

For understanding purposes, this is the list of corrections (hacks - fixes - injections) to the DSDT:

- Device C004, aka LPCB (injection).

- C294 -- HPET (irq hack - fix).

- C293 -- RTC (irq fix).

- C23A -- ADP1 (proper recognition injection).

- C154 -- LID0 (close lid sleep injection).

- C2B4 -- SLPB (injection).

- C291 -- TIMR (irq audio stuttering fix).

- C29D -- IPIC (irq fix).

- C0F5 -- PATA (injection - hack - IOATA fix).

- C109, C110, C111, C11A - C112, C11C -- UHC1, 2, 3, 4 - EHC1, 2 respectively. USB Native built-in injection.

- C099 -- GFX0 (proper graphics built-in injection GMA X3100).

- C3E5 -- SATA (injection).

- C138 -- PXS1 (Ethernet 82562GT - Time Machine injection).

- C2A1 -- PXS2 (Wlan 3945ABG - PCI injection). For Broadcom Wireless you can edit this part, from last BlackCH DSDT.

- Native shutdown fix.

- Added and Commented the code to the necessary SSDT table for custom p-states and undervolting (recommended).

- Other important additions: SBUS, MCHC, PNLF and PWRB.

FOR SLEEP SOLUTION, SEE YOU ON SMILENKOVSKI THREAD ...

EDIT MAY 09: If you want edit the fan speed settings, see in post 322.

EDIT MAY 11: it is just a explanation on some things that maybe (I almost sure) I did not know to explain well in English, but which I consider important that it is registered in the thread, so that the credits are respected.. I want to make clear that this DSDT was completely from zero, anybody provide it to me, I did take it base the 6720s F.0D N Bios (the last one published on HP site), extracted from my own laptop with DSDTSE 1.4.3, and I did made a clean compilable DSDT... in others words... its from scratch! because I did it the work to find and to correct the errors of the original file to do it compilable. And please, feel free to do any improvements, but respecting the credits... thats it. Thank you.

EDIT SEPT 11: DSDT Update 1 standard, also available for ATI Radeon (6820s) users, following this post...

EDIT SEPT 17: For 6710b users. Its a similar bios structure, but not the same code (ssdt tables speaking). Therefore, please guys dont mix the thread... just I made the compilable dsdt.dsl (base from scratch) for you... Enjoy.

EDT NOV 22: Added HP8710w DSDT 100% compilable (0errors, 1warning Not important). Good Luck.

UPDATED DEC 18: The Best DSDT v0.20 created for 6720s (and similar) available in the FIRST POST. Cheers.

UPD MAR 26 2012: NEW DSDT v0.30 (LION READY) AVAILABLE HERE:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135410&view=findpost&p=1805665

NEW_DSDT_MAY_01_JUANERSON.zip

Hello all!

I'm new in this forum, and I'm trying to install leopard (hopefully snow) on my hp 6820s.

I was reading trough all of your post, but since I'm mac noob i tried installing iATKOS v1.0i all day, and now I'm trying to recover data from erasing the wrong partition :)

Could you please advise me on what tutorial to read trough on installing leopard on 6820s, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

For understanding purposes, this is the list of corrections (hacks - fixes - injections) to the DSDT:

- Device C004, aka LPCB (injection).

- C294 -- HPET (hack - fix).

- C293 -- RTC (fix).

- C23A -- ADP1 (injection).

- C154 -- LID0 (injection).

- C2B4 -- SLPB (injection).

- C291 -- TIMR (fix).

- C29D -- IPIC (fix).

- C0F5 -- PATA (injection - hack - fix).

- C109, C110, C111, C11A - C112, C11C -- UHC1, 2, 3, 4 - EHC1, 2 respectively. USB Native injection.

- C099 -- GFX0 (injection).

- C3E5 -- SATA (injection).

- C138 -- PXS1 (Ethernet 82562GT - Time Machine injection).

- C2A1 -- PXS2 (Wlan 3945ABG - PCI injection). For Broadcom Wireless you can edit this part, from last BlackCH DSDT.

- Native shutdown fix (hack).

- Commented the code to the necessary SSDT table for custom p-states and undervolting (recommended).

- Other important additions: SBUS, MCHC, PNLF and PWRB.

Un pequeñisimo reporte:

-Sleep no funciona en mi maquina. Se comporta igual que con otras versiones del DSDT (tuyas y mias): La pantalla se apaga, ventiladores y leds siguen encendidos y no hay forma de despertarla. Seria bueno que subas las kexts que estan asociadas al DSDT para que los tests sean consistentes. De todas formas creo que esto se debe a que el hardware es diferente (inclusive entre las mismas 6720s)

-ExpressCard32 hot plug ahora funciona perfectamente, como con el DSDT original

-No veo una diferencia sustancial en temperaturas. Diria que son las mismas que con los otros DSDT

-Hay una cantidad de dispositivos sin usar (no necesarios) en el 'IOReg Tree' que habria que 'limpiar'.

En teoria no habria razon para que el hecho de re-nombrar los dispositivos (ej. C294 = HPET) cambiase en algo en el funcionamiento de la maquina (salvo que el dispositivo sea llamado desde una tabla SSDT; que en ese caso habria que tambien modificar dicha tabla SSDT).

Hare algunos tests mas en los proximos dias. Un saludo y gracias por compartir los archivos!

Hello all!

I'm new in this forum, and I'm trying to install leopard (hopefully snow) on my hp 6820s.

I was reading trough all of your post, but since I'm mac noob i tried installing iATKOS v1.0i all day, and now I'm trying to recover data from erasing the wrong partition :P

Could you please advise me on what tutorial to read trough on installing leopard on 6820s, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

(SPANISH BELOW)

Check this post by smilenkovski: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188505

Juanerson: I agree with BlackCH. We've got only two differences: Our screen and our cpu.

Yet i get the same result as BlackCH said (I couldn't test ExpressCard because i do not have one).

Could anyone test wheter they get an external monitor working with their laptop? All i get are mad screens on both the laptop and the monitor, (FN+F4 to enter and leave Video Mirroring Mode), when i leave the mode laptop screen gets back to normal.

---------------------------------------

Lo mismo que BlackCH. Solo tenemos dos diferencias que yo sepa, el monitor integrado i la cpu.

También obtengo los mismo resultados (excepto por la ExpressCard, que no he podido testear aún).

Por cierto, agradeceria que alguien probara de usar una pantalla externa con el portatil (para que se vea en la pantalla externa teneis que darle a fn+f4). El único resultado que obtengo yo son todo de rallas en las dos pantallas (si vuelvo a pulsar fn+f4 vuelve al modo normal). Juanerson puedes postear tu AppleIntel3100FB.kext (el que BlackCH modifico para que tuvieramos brightness), quizas eso sea la solucion a muchos problemas.

EDIT: I got sleep WORKING (It's nearly instant sleep!)! I just installed Prasys ACPIThermal and the other kext it comes with it (ACPIEC) on /E/E, removed SleepEnabler and done! Thanks Juanerson!

Now i see what's the problem we have, that's why me and BlackCh doen't see the screen when we come from sleep. Brightness is set to 0 (you can look with a light and you'll se your desktop). That's because BlackCH's edit, please juanerson post your 3100FB so that i can test it.

EDIT: I got sleep WORKING (It's nearly instant sleep!)! I just installed Prasys ACPIThermal and the other kext it comes with it (ACPIEC) on /E/E, removed SleepEnabler and done! Thanks Juanerson!

Now i see what's the problem we have, that's why me and BlackCh doen't see the screen when we come from sleep. Brightness is set to 0 (you can look with a light and you'll se your desktop). That's because BlackCH's edit, please juanerson post your 3100FB so that i can test it.

Hi yushir, thanks god another successful report jejeje. The vanilla files can be (will be) obtain in smilenkovski thread, now I have posted the GMAx3100 extensions, late today I will post the information and set of my vanilla extensions used. Just to clarify one thing: AppleACPIThermal.kext prevent sleep, of course remember rebuild the /Extra Extensions.mkext cache, but I will test with the other prasys EC.kext too. Thanks for feedback. See you.

@BlackCH, gracias por tu reporte Amigo-Maestro, ahora bien por favor dale una oportunidad al menos un par de días al DSDT así como está, tal vez por armonía de hardware - SSDT: creo que hay unos cuantos dispositivos llamados desde allí, por favor trata de conservarlo salvo tus ajustes personales, por ejemplo p-states y undervolting, que en esta oportunidad me funciona con menos código de la tabla SSDT en cuestión (tal vez sea mucho menos), dicho esto creo que podrás tener una mejor perspectiva sobre el tema de las temperaturas. Sobre el sleep esta funcionando casi perfecto a excepción del autosleep, que no le funciona a casi todo el mundo, según reportes algo relacionado con la grabadora de DVD, voy a publicar información (links) en el tópico de smilenkovski sobre el problemita... y mi set de extensiones vanilla que pueden afectar el sleep. Cabe aclarar que yo no tengo ni una sola extensión modificada en mi sistema /S/L/E. Y para finalizar, el renombrado de las devices, así como la limpieza de código lo dejo a decisión personal de cada quién, porque yo estoy bastante satisfecho y lo considero innecesario, ya que no veo efecto alguno tanto en la velocidad (arranque) como estabilidad del sistema. Por favor dale un chance al DSDT porque en lo que no tengo duda es en las temperaturas, ya que obtengo 2-3 grados menos con el DSDT 99,9% original + correcciones.

P.D. Definitivamente, eso de arriba no lo hubiese podido escribir en inglés jajaja. Saludos.

Well yes i didn't say that i'm using slice's bootloader and sleepwatcher&& unloading Thermal kext before sleep && loading it after sleep.

My lowest temp is now 40º.

EDIT: Confirmed, with the vanilla kext i get screen working when i come from sleep (though i don't have a fine brightness tuning). BTW: Temps are a lot higher when i come from sleep.

@Juan

Great news on dsdt part. Thank for your hard work.

Can you consider making a boot CD using Prasy's

BootCD Maker.

It will make installing procedure less fearful for beginners. And of course it can involve a newest dsdt and appropriate kexts and other necessities for proper working on this kind of laptops. I will rewrite a proper guide on that and we will give to the community a good and cheap hackbook.

EDIT: Confirmed, with the vanilla kext i get screen working when i come from sleep (though i don't have a fine brightness tuning). BTW: Temps are a lot higher when i come from sleep.

Your temps not should be higher at all, because literally the system shutdown on sleep... You can test living sleep for 10 minutes or more. My returns temps are about 30C as should be... also I have and you can try set the hibernate mode to zero (0): old style pure ram sleep. I will post all the information you need to know very soon.

ADVICE NOTE: YOU NEDD SEE IN OIREG, VERIFICATION IF THERMALZONES (TZ0, TZ1... ETC) COMING BACK WITH SLEEPWATCHER?? Because if NOT, you need do it manually form terminal, but APLEACPIThermal.kext need correct dependencies for that... in smilenkovski thread is the corrected one.

About the brightness tuning, you should try dakku´s string in com.apple.boot.plist from /Extra for GMA950. I mean the stock graphics drivers (only 32 bit support) its needed for proper screen wake from sleep. The 64 bit drivers not working for attempt ID or tuning modifications... of course, always talking about sleep.

I want to be clear guys, please pay special attention about Sleep + GMA X3100: Everyone with GMA X3100 0x2A12 variant... JUST ONLY DEVICE IDE hack mod change working after wake (32 bit)... but any other hack NOT worked (like brightness control hack) if I have correct my information. Not use 64 bit drivers.

Yes, i'm using the mooded kext and so, when i return from sleep, it loads up. What i mean is that when i come from sleep it goes to 55º or more and then slowly goes back to normal, i just wanted to note that (i'm sorry if you misunderstood me).

Anyways, could you please look at which display are you using (me refiero al monitor que usas) you can do so by using SwitchResX.

I'm using a mate display, Vendor: LPL - 320C, Product: D600. That means the vendor is LG.

I guess you've got a glossy display, and that might do the difference.

Anyways, i'm playing now with video mirror (dual display), with no luck at all. I get extended desktop && main display switch perfectly, with perfect sync, but when i turn into dual mirror my screen goes into a mess, but it's only the video driver who goes into that mode, the resolution && the rest of the pc stays ok (only if i activate it using the default menu from apple, NOT USING FN+F4!). I can turn back into a normal screen by disabling video mirrroring.

That's done either by disabling it manually or by using a shortcut, for example with SwitchXRes. Anybody has any clue on how to solve this? I really can't get what's the driver doing, i see it does a mosaic mode with the lastest updated part of the whole display but why doesn't he touch the mouse pointer?

PD: Yes, i've got thermalzones after sleep; i've got 0x2a02 gma x3100. I'm not using 64 bit drivers mainly because sl 10.6.3 v1.1 doesn't have them, i'm using the ones you posted on smilenkovski's post.

PD2: Have you added to your DSDT the internal modem? It's a pci device and needs to be added to the dsdt so that mac os x recognizes it and lets you assign an script (default v92 script will be enough) to it. Could you do that?

Yes, i'm using the mooded kext and so, when i return from sleep, it loads up. What i mean is that when i come from sleep it goes to 55º or more and then slowly goes back to normal, i just wanted to note that (i'm sorry if you misunderstood me).

Anyways, could you please look at which display are you using (me refiero al monitor que usas) you can do so by using SwitchResX.

I'm using a mate display, Vendor: LPL - 320C, Product: D600. That means the vendor is LG.

I guess you've got a glossy display, and that might do the difference.

Anyways, i'm playing now with video mirror (dual display), with no luck at all. I get extended desktop && main display switch perfectly, with perfect sync, but when i turn into dual mirror my screen goes into a mess, but it's only the video driver who goes into that mode, the resolution && the rest of the pc stays ok (only if i activate it using the default menu from apple, NOT USING FN+F4!). I can turn back into a normal screen by disabling video mirrroring.

That's done either by disabling it manually or by using a shortcut, for example with SwitchXRes. Anybody has any clue on how to solve this? I really can't get what's the driver doing, i see it does a mosaic mode with the lastest updated part of the whole display but why doesn't he touch the mouse pointer?

PD: Yes, i've got thermalzones after sleep; i've got 0x2a02 gma x3100. I'm not using 64 bit drivers mainly because sl 10.6.3 v1.1 doesn't have them, i'm using the ones you posted on smilenkovski's post.

Much clear, thank you.

How I can Know what display Im using? For example your values: Vendor: LPL - 320C, Product: D600. And if is glossy display? BTW I always did know that all 0x2A02 are native, but Im missing something? Please.

Sorry yushir but... for all of us, can you share the information of procedure, and upload all the sleepwatcher -daemons set are you using for unload/load AppleACPIThermal extension? Its very important complement for sleep solution. Thanks in advance.

Oh almost forget it... the other thing is... the prasys EC.kext its not necessary because the Apple Embedded Controller load natively in our laptops (IOReg).

And Maybe this information can helps for the dual display problem, I don´t know because I don´t tried inject those values to my DSDT: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry3934

Thanks. Saludos.

Just a quick post, try using SwitchResX. It'll show you your display info on it's preferences (it does that way so you can confiugre custom resolutions or so, but it's fine).

BTW: In case you use multiple displays that program comes recommended because it handles resolution savings better than apple does.

I'm using the Thermal extension you uploaded in smilenkovski post, the same load/unload parameters that you posted for loading and unloading Thermal extension from E/E. Respecting to the EC kext, it's true it doesn't do anything on our systems, i just installed the kexts that came with the zip but thruthly only thermal is needed.

I guess that Dual-link parameter that's on that post is only to make Mac OS X know that the graphics card is dual-monitor capable, but it already knows that. I'll try that tomorrow anyways.

EDIT: Something that i've seen is that on mac dsdt's they inject EDID values while we don't (i guess). You can obtain your EDID values by using SwitchResX, selecting (in my case Unkown Monitor) and clicking on export EDID values.

Just look at this:

Descriptor #1 - Unknown descriptor. ASCII interpretation follows (?)

Dunno what happens but it won't allow me to post everything in a single post.

Descriptor #2 - ASCII data:

LGPhilipsLCD

Descriptor #3 - ASCII data:

LP154WX4-TLA1

This shows that the part is a mate display (look at google). I'll try to inject the EDID values directly into DSDT, so that OS X recognizes my display correctly and so it does with the values that AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer asks for, as that post from projectosx said. (Thanks juanerson for pointing to it).

Please note that this is a potential way to solve our brightness issue but note that it will be different for each display. Just make sure the EDID is the same before copying the code.

BTW: Anyone knows how to post on projectosx.com? I've not managed to post there, it keeps saying i do not have enough privs.

EDIT: I added some values that were posted on the post juanerson said, no luck. Then i decided to start going value by value. Now i'm editing this post i've seen that adding EDID makes at least LCD values correctly.

What i meant is that when you boot up you'll get the correct color for your display, no need to calibrate it since it'll point to the true white of it :blink:. It'll adjust framerate and also screen position. The only thing that won't be solved is the backlight, mainly because it's not on that value. EDID is only lcd information, the backlight goes apart.

I recommend everybody to add their EDID to their DSDT.

What i meant is that when you boot up you'll get the correct color for your display, no need to calibrate it since it'll point to the true white of it :unsure:. It'll adjust framerate and also screen position. The only thing that won't be solved is the backlight, mainly because it's not on that value. EDID is only lcd information, the backlight goes apart.

I recommend everybody to add their EDID to their DSDT.

Have you tried dakku´s string (GMA 950) for backlight?

Then, How obtain and add my EDID and were exactly place it? One code example or link procedure-example? Please.

@dakku, please can you let us know your opinion about the screen backlight? GMA 950 string really do something?

BTW yushir, return to sleep. Then you don´t use sleepwatcher like you said?

Well yes i didn't say that i'm using slice's bootloader and sleepwatcher&& unloading Thermal kext before sleep && loading it after sleep.

Nono, justamente al contrario, con esa frase queria decir que si uso el bootloader de slice y sleepwatcher, cargando y descargando los kexts cuando tocan.

Well yes i didn't say that i'm using slice's bootloader and sleepwatcher&& unloading Thermal kext before sleep && loading it after sleep

Este es el archivo que me da el SwitchXRes cuando exporto el EDID, como puedes ver ya te da exactamente los valores que tienes que poner en la dsdt.

DDC block report generated by SwitchResX version 4.1.3 for display
LG D600

-----------------------------------------------------
------------------- RAW DATA ------------------------
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  A  B  C  D  E  F
0  | 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 32 0C 00 D6 00 00 00 00
1  | 00 10 01 03 80 21 15 78 0A B3 40 99 59 53 8D 27
2  | 25 50 54 00 00 00 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01
3  | 01 01 01 01 01 01 BC 1B 00 A0 50 20 17 30 30 20
4  | 36 00 4B CF 10 00 00 19 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
5  | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FE 00 4C
6  | 47 50 68 69 6C 69 70 73 4C 43 44 0A 00 00 00 FE
7  | 00 4C 50 31 35 34 57 58 34 2D 54 4C 41 31 00 4D

<  00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 320C00D6 00000000 00100103 80211578 0AB34099 59538D27 25505400 00000101 01010101 01010101 01010101 0101BC1B 00A05020 17303020 36004BCF 10000019 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00FE004C 47506869 6C697073 4C43440A 000000FE 004C5031 35345758 342D544C 4131004D	> 

{  [b]0x00, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF,  0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00,  0x32, 0x0C, 0x00, 0xD6,  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,  0x00, 0x10, 0x01, 0x03,  0x80, 0x21, 0x15, 0x78,  0x0A, 0xB3, 0x40, 0x99,  0x59, 0x53, 0x8D, 0x27,  0x25, 0x50, 0x54, 0x00,  0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x01,  0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01,  0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01,  0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01,  0x01, 0x01, 0xBC, 0x1B,  0x00, 0xA0, 0x50, 0x20,  0x17, 0x30, 0x30, 0x20,  0x36, 0x00, 0x4B, 0xCF,  0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x19,  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,  0x00, 0xFE, 0x00, 0x4C,  0x47, 0x50, 0x68, 0x69,  0x6C, 0x69, 0x70, 0x73,  0x4C, 0x43, 0x44, 0x0A,  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFE,  0x00, 0x4C, 0x50, 0x31,  0x35, 0x34, 0x57, 0x58,  0x34, 0x2D, 0x54, 0x4C,  0x41, 0x31, 0x00, 0x4D[/b], 	} 

Valid EDID block: checksum passed

------------------- MAIN EDID BLOCK -----------------

EDID Version........1.3
Manufacturer........LPL
Product Code........214 (00D6) (D600) 
Serial Number.......00000000

Manufactured........Week 0 of year 2006
Max H Size..........33 cm
Max V Size..........21 cm
Gamma...............2,20

Display Supported Features:
---------------------------

Display type:
------------- 
RGB 4:4:4 & YCrCb 4:4:4 Color Encoding Formats
Display is non continuous frequency
Default color space is not sRGB standard
Preferred timing mode includes Native Pixel Format

Input signal & sync:
-------------------- 
Digital Input
Color Bit Depth is undefined 
Digital Interface is not defined   

Color info:
----------- 
Red x = 0,600  Green x = 0,324  Blue x = 0,153  White x = 0,312
Red y = 0,351  Green y = 0,554  Blue y = 0,145  White y = 0,328

Established Timings:
-------------------- 

Manufacturer Reserved Timings:
------------------------------ 

Standard Timing Identification:
------------------------------- 

Monitor Description blocks:
--------------------------- 
Descriptor #0 - Timing definition:
Mode = 1280 x 800 @ 59,910Hz
	Pixel Clock............. 71,00 MHz		Non-Interlaced

Horizontal		Vertical
	Active.................. 1280 pixels		 800 lines
	Front Porch.............   48 pixels		   3 lines
	Sync Width..............   32 pixels		   6 lines
	Back Porch..............   80 pixels		  14 lines
	Blanking................  160 pixels		  23 lines
	Total................... 1440 pixels		 823 lines
	Scan Rate...............  49,306 kHz		 59,910 Hz

Image Size..............  331 mm		 207 mm
	Border..................    0 pixels		   0 lines

Sync: Digital separate with
			* Negative vertical polarity
			* Negative horizontal polarity

Descriptor #1 - Unknown descriptor. ASCII interpretation follows (?)

Descriptor #2 - ASCII data:
		LGPhilipsLCD

Descriptor #3 - ASCII data:
		LP154WX4-TLA1

Y la porción correspondiente del codigo del DSDT es este:

"AAPL01,EDID",

Buffer (0x80)

{

/* 0000 */ 0x00, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00,

/* 0008 */ 0x32, 0x0C, 0x00, 0xD6, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,

/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x10, 0x01, 0x03, 0x80, 0x21, 0x15, 0x78,

/* 0018 */ 0x0A, 0xB3, 0x40, 0x99, 0x59, 0x53, 0x8D, 0x27,

/* 0020 */ 0x25, 0x50, 0x54, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x01,

/* 0028 */ 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01,

/* 0030 */ 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0xBC, 0x1B,

/* 0038 */ 0x00, 0xA0, 0x50, 0x20, 0x17, 0x30, 0x30, 0x20,

/* 0040 */ 0x36, 0x00, 0x4B, 0xCF, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x19,

/* 0048 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,

/* 0050 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,

/* 0058 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFE, 0x00, 0x4C,

/* 0060 */ 0x47, 0x50, 0x68, 0x69, 0x6C, 0x69, 0x70, 0x73,

/* 0068 */ 0x4C, 0x43, 0x44, 0x0A, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFE,

/* 0070 */ 0x00, 0x4C, 0x50, 0x31, 0x35, 0x34, 0x57, 0x58,

/* 0078 */ 0x34, 0x2D, 0x54, 0x4C, 0x41, 0x31, 0x00, 0x4D

}

El hack de copiar todo el codigo del method _DSM de la DSDT del MBP 13" data ya del noviembre del 2009. El problema es que no se puede copiar todo ni mucho menos, ya que vuelve inestable al controlador de la targeta.

En concreto el NumFramebuffers no se deberia al menos poner en el valor por defecto, 4. Podeis ver los resultados como la pantalla dividida en 4 trozos con una raya negra enmedio y una fina raya travesando la pantalla por la mitad.

Básicamente lo que voy a hacer es prueba y error, y seguramente encontrare el valor que modifica el max brightness y el min brightness.

Pero aun así eso no nos sirve, para nosotros el max i el min brightness estan a un valor adecuado. El problema reside en la transición, y eso no se como lo gestiona.

Bueno, me he tomado el tiempo para hacer que las cosas funcionen. Finalmente he conseguido que la maquina 'duerma', siguiendo toda la data que han venido posteando ustedes. Excelente! Muchas gracias Juanerson!

Estoy usando sleepwatcher para cargar y descargar AppleACPIThermal.kext (uso el kext que publique en la primera pagina; la version de Prasys se niega a cargar). La maquina entra en sleep perfectamente (el ventilador se detiene y el led parpadea). Tambien actualize la version de VoodooHDA (a 0.2.6) y el bootloader (la version de prasys; bootea en 1280x800).

Lo unico que he perdido es control de brillo (con el x3100FB.kext original). El string de GMA950 no parece solucionar nada en mi caso

BTW: Tenia en mi archivo una utilidad para crear perfiles de pantalla a partir del EDID. No lo he probado y no se si tiene efecto alguno pero se los dejo aqui:

DisplayUtility.zip

@yusir:

Comprueba que el EDID que estas tratando de injectar no esta presente ya en el IOREG (si esta, quere decir que el OS ya lo esta leyendo y entonces no tiendria sentido injectarlo desde el DSDT):

post-51637-1272884958_thumb.png

EDIT:

GUys, for auto-sleep theres PleaseSleep.app; it will ensure the machine goes to sleep when it has to. In my experience also a fresh install can solve the problem. This issue is present also in real macs; I've readed reseting the PM settings also could bring the feature back

No he mirado si era la misma o no, pero realmente si inyecto el EDID MAC OS X me reconoce la pantalla perfectamente (por ejemplo, reconoce el Display Vendor y el Product ID entre otros).

Como ya he dicho, yo recomiendo inyectarla siempre y cuando sea la de la propia pantalla, inyectar valores erroneos podria causar un daño potencial en la pantalla así que ir con cuidado.

Respecto a lo del brightness, se tiene que modificar el DSDT para obtener el resultado que queremos. Básicamente se tendrá que hacer con prueba y error hasta encontrar los valores que afectan a esto, pero como ya he dicho si se inyectan todos los valores que deberian estar presentes el driver nos va a hacer cosas muy feas.

Por otro lado, encuentro el bootloader de Slice mucho más estable que el de prasys la verdad. No se si es porque tambien me he cargado el SleepEnabler o por el bootloader, pero mi configuración actual tira suficientemiente bien. El único problema continua siendo el brightness control.

Por otro lado el string del GMA 950 no hace nada .

Agradeceria Juanerson si pudieras decirme si el device PCI Agere HDA Modem (el modem interno) esta presente en la DSDT.

Voy a seguir probando con diferentes combinaciones a ver si encuentro la buena.

EDIT: I've just tried out Pleasesleep.app, it gives me kp. Anyone else has got the same effects?

Please Sorry guys, can some charitable soul help me uploading for all of us "on smilenkovski thread", additionally share the information of procedure, like a mini guide of SleepWatcher? and upload all the daemons set (prepared) for unload/load AppleACPIThermal extension automatically? Its very important complement for sleep solution without any user intervention. Thanks in advance.

Note: The prasys one posted on smilenkovski topic unload/load without problems.

EDIT: So, If I understood correctly, because I have a glossy display (monitor), then That´s why I don´t have any problems with brightness control (backlight), apart to 0x2A02? Are two different things to consider right? Thanks.

EDIT1: Un poco parafraseando lo dicho por yushir:

Primer párrafo: Mejor me quedo tranquilo jajaja con eso del EDID. No me voy a arriesgar.

Segundo: Según entiendo esos valores en el DSDT dependerán de cada pantalla (monitor) en particular, así que no creo que pueda generarse algo estándar para todos por igual. Yo una vez que recuerdo lo intente, y no me quedaron ganas de seguir porque como tu dices... me hacia cosas bastante feas que temí dañar la pantalla.

Tercero: El bootloader de Slice es el mejor para mi en la actualidad, ahora si lo afirmo jajaja... porque no he vuelto a ver los KPs extraños de antes.

Cuarto: El modem si me parece haberlo visto en el dsdt (allí esta) pero no lo tengo claramente definido, y de verdad no me motiva inyectarle nada básicamente porque el S.O. ni se entera de que esta allí. Ni a través del DPCIManager ni del IOReg. Revisaré luego y te aviso cuál es la device en cuestión para ver qué logras.

Ah... Por favor faciliten lo del SleepWatcher en el topico de smilenkovski, ya con eso estaría casi terminado lo del sleep, faltaría el autosleep por intentar de mi parte, por favor se los agradezco. Saludos.

Como ya he dicho, yo recomiendo inyectarla siempre y cuando sea la de la propia pantalla, inyectar valores erroneos podria causar un daño potencial en la pantalla así que ir con cuidado.

Respecto a lo del brightness, se tiene que modificar el DSDT para obtener el resultado que queremos. Básicamente se tendrá que hacer con prueba y error hasta encontrar los valores que afectan a esto, pero como ya he dicho si se inyectan todos los valores que deberian estar presentes el driver nos va a hacer cosas muy feas.

Por otro lado, encuentro el bootloader de Slice mucho más estable que el de prasys la verdad. No se si es porque tambien me he cargado el SleepEnabler o por el bootloader, pero mi configuración actual tira suficientemiente bien. El único problema continua siendo el brightness control.

Agradeceria Juanerson si pudieras decirme si el device PCI Agere HDA Modem (el modem interno) esta presente en la DSDT.

Voy a seguir probando con diferentes combinaciones a ver si encuentro la buena.

EDIT: I've just tried out Pleasesleep.app, it gives me kp. Anyone else has got the same effects?

Bien quizas me deba explicar un poco. El EDID a mi me va mejor porque de muy vez en cuando mi pantalla se vuelve loca y empieza a mostrar cosas bastante raras (ya que el OS X no detecta siempre bien el EDID). Es por eso que se le inyecta por DSDT, para que no haya problemas con eso.

Aunque si no se inyecta el EDID, cuando salen tales problemas basta con simplemente reiniciar y listo.

Por otro lado, he dicho que se tiene que modificar el DSDT para los valores de lighting basicamente por dos motivos:

1a Dado que OSX funciona con % podemos delimitar un par de valores que nos parezcan bien de brightness de pantalla y hacer que OSX juegue con ellos.

2a También lo comentan aquí http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry3934

Por otro lado si inyecto el valor DualLink obtengo 4 pantallas en vez de una, separadas por una raya negra verticalmente y una pequeña raya horizintal (pero sin los efectos del video mirroring).

Tu LCD es diferente y seguramente también lo sera tu backlight. Es por eso que los valores deben ser los correctos. A ver si me puedes confirmar que tu Brightness max esta en 0x80 y tu brighntess min esta en 0x0 en AppleBlacklightDisplay (IOReg).

puedes confirmar que tu Brightness max esta en 0x80 y tu brighntess min esta en 0x0 en AppleBlacklightDisplay (IOReg).

Yo tambien tengo esos valores. Al cambiar el brillo el parametro 'value' cambia de 80 a 78, 70, 68, 60, 58, 50, etc

Subo mi IOReg por si acaso les sirve de algo en el tema, que por cierto es muy interesante, pero me siento algo perdido jeje. Cualquier aporte que pueda brindarles estoy a la orden. Nuestra hackbook tenía su secreto guardado con el sleep y únicamente debía ser descubierto, fue una semana completa muy intensa para lograr el resultado que deseaba, y aunque me siento un poco agotado, también me gusta la idea de imaginarme que tendrá otros por descubrir. Saludos y gracias por toda la ayuda.

P.D. Acabo de actualizar la información en el otro tópico, muchas gracias BlackCH, tu explicación fue fundamental para mi entendimiento, ahora con SleepWatcher estoy más contento y cómodo jajaja... subí mis archivos listos para que se haga más sencilla su implementación. Espero haber hecho lo correcto, para quienes les cuesta un poco más que a otros.

EDITO: Amigos quiero compartir algunas cosas que me llamaron la atención sobre el tema de la gráfica. Disculpen por favor que coloque un poco desordenado, pero ya estoy casi durmiéndome jajaja.

- Por favor echen un vistazo acá: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=4131

- Aquí alguien llamado "eren70" coloca un código: http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?...p;sk=t&sd=a

El cual supongo que debe ser esta misma persona, y cuyo código revisaré luego para ver si consigo algo interesante adicional a la gráfica: http://www.kexts.com/view/304-hp_6510b_full_fix_dsdt.html

Igualmente leí algunas frases/opiniones relacionadas con la GMA X3100 y el problema del Black Screen luego del reposo, a causa del backlight, que valdría la pena intentar, por ejemplo:

- "You need USB Legacy Support disabled in the bios".

Yo en mi caso lo tengo Activado. Pero si les confieso que cada cierto tiempo restauro los valores por defecto (predeterminados), para recuperar algo de brillo que se pierde a veces. Por cierto, que versión de BIOS tienen ustedes? Tendrá algo que ver que yo tenga instalada la F.0D N (la última)??

- Otra frase: "No backlight after resume seems to be somehow related to AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. Using the version from 10.6.2 fixed it for me".

En fin, para continuar probando y descartando, también me he fijado que dakku tiene este famoso string, que según entiendo es para inyectar gráficas externas PCI:

GraphicsEnabler

y

Espero que les sirva algo de ayuda. Saludos, suerte y éxitos.

Gracias Juanerson por tu constante ayuda, no se que hariamos sin ti.

I must comment that i've found a solution to autosleep not working. Just go here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182535 and download RIP3.app (the one without the hard-coded values). Add it to the startup items and voila! you'll have autosleep working with the values defined on Energy Saver preferences. (As it's an app you must note that it'll need to be started if you don't restart your comp to test it).

Please note that the computer will come from screensaver and then go to sleep, you do not need to deactivate any features. Just add it to startup items and done, that's the installation guide.

----------------------

Nuestras pantallas tienen como máximo una resolución de 1280x800 y no tengo ninguna disponible aqui externa que sea superior a esa resolucion. Aún así el dual link no funciona en modo normal para nuestra DSDT.

Juanerson aunque el brightness control es un valor aparte, si pudieras comprovar como va el modo duplicado seria de mucha ayuda. Por favor ten en cuenta que puede dejar a tu pc como un inútil, por eso te recomiendo que antes de hacerlo (y no lo hagas con fn+f4 que eso va a matarlo) añadas el menú de pantallas en tu menu bar. Con memoralizarlo ya vale, si ves que no puedes ver o lo ves distorsionado o peor recuerda donde estava el icono (simplemente solo pulsa el icono y con las flechas muevete a activar el modo) y restaura el estado con las flechas. La pantalla volvera al modo normal.

PD: Tu revisión de la targeta es 0x000c verdad?

Nuestras pantallas tienen como máximo una resolución de 1280x800 y no tengo ninguna disponible aqui externa que sea superior a esa resolucion. Aún así el dual link no funciona en modo normal para nuestra DSDT.

Juanerson aunque el brightness control es un valor aparte, si pudieras comprovar como va el modo duplicado seria de mucha ayuda. Por favor ten en cuenta que puede dejar a tu pc como un inútil, por eso te recomiendo que antes de hacerlo (y no lo hagas con fn+f4 que eso va a matarlo) añadas el menú de pantallas en tu menu bar. Con memoralizarlo ya vale, si ves que no puedes ver o lo ves distorsionado o peor recuerda donde estava el icono (simplemente solo pulsa el icono y con las flechas muevete a activar el modo) y restaura el estado con las flechas. La pantalla volvera al modo normal.

PD: Tu revisión de la targeta es 0x000c verdad?

Muchas gracias Yushir por lo del autosleep, funciona de maravilla! Voy a hacer referencia en el post del sleep. También probaré lo que dices del monitor externo aunque tampoco tengo pantallas con resoluciones altas, los que tengo son ambos de 1024x768, servirá que coloque la pantalla interna a esa resolución para que me la tome en ambas pantallas? Una vez con Leopard intente hacerlo y solamente salía video por el monitor externo, no en ambas, y cuando hacia click en detectar pantallas se iba todo a la mie$%#, pero esta vez pudiera funcionar. Y si, efectivamente la revisión es 0x000c y mi pantalla es glossy, siempre la he usado a 1280x800, y mi backligth siempre ha funcionado perfecto desde Leopard, solamente al agregar PNLF en el DSDT. Saludos.

Hello all

im trying to install hackintos on my 6820s ad i had little bit of success with ideneb leopard 10.5.7,

but it only works if I disable one core in the bios, otherwise it wont boot.

i tried hazard snow leopard, but i get blank screen after install,

and Empire efi + snow leopard retail gives KP before installation.

Is there any way to work o osx with both cores ?

Also, because im noob with mac, could you give me link on how to use yours DSDT files ?

thanks!

Hello all

im trying to install hackintos on my 6820s ad i had little bit of success with ideneb leopard 10.5.7,

but it only works if I disable one core in the bios, otherwise it wont boot.

i tried hazard snow leopard, but i get blank screen after install,

and Empire efi + snow leopard retail gives KP before installation.

Is there any way to work o osx with both cores ?

Also, because im noob with mac, could you give me link on how to use yours DSDT files ?

thanks!

Your Specifications please, I can help you but only of that way.

the 6820s is the big brother of the series: in fact the same hardware as the 6720s basically, it adds a 17 inch screen and a Mobility Radeon x1350 graphic card that could be the only problem you find in the way to install. Theres some 10.5 success stories here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192792

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...142723&st=0

@Juanerson

He optimizado aun mas el DSDT que posteaste. Quite todos los dispositivos sin uso y cambie los nombres de los otros (como vienen en las tablas de los macs). No he notado cambios en el rendimiento ni en las temperaturas. Todo funciona mas que bien con el ultimo DSDT

El archivo AML resultante es ahora solo de 33k (la mitad de lo que era antes) y el IOReg se ve mas limpio.

Dijiste que cambiar los nombres de los dispositivos afectaba al Power Management, pero cuales diferencias puntuales has notado al hacerlo? Quizas hay algo que se me esta escapando

Eventualmente me gustaria actualizar el post #1 con las ultimas novedades y archivos, que te parece?