XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

Is this booting the DVD? So, if you see the text scrolling down, which is the last message? where stops?

The patched boot.plist (the one under "bootprompt") looks like this:

Thanks for testing!

Yes, DVD boot. Display shows the DARWIN boot (chameleon V 1.0.8) screen and starts with some

verbose text messages. Then, after 1 minute nothing else happens.

The textmessages stay on the screen.

And if i press an key i can see it below the messages , RETURN scrolls all messages one above.

No KP but boot stopped - no really known error message cames up before these (only USBMassStorage not loaded, but it isnt needed - DVD is SATA buildin the tower case).

Yes, DVD boot. Display shows the DARWIN boot (chameleon V 1.0.8) screen and starts with some

verbose text messages. Then, after 1 minute nothing else happens.

The textmessages stay on the screen.

And if i press an key i can see it below the messages , RETURN scrolls all messages one above.

No KP but boot stopped - no really known error message cames up before these (only USBMassStorage not loaded, but it isnt needed - DVD is SATA buildin the tower case).

I would say is either ICH9 SATA booting is not well supported (but you would get 'waiting for root device' message), or the ISO isnt well burnt...

everything work fine thanks for the good work................

Great; Can you post your full specs please?

will this work with sse2 (pentium M 1.6ghz) I have an alienware sentia (http://www.uniwill.com/products/other/223ii0/223ii0_print.php) that i have had 0 luck on so far.

The GPU is not supported (no QE/CI, no res change; VESA driver only), You need to install an extra kernel (voodoo or stage).... beside that it might work. But to be honest seems a bit slow machine to run leopard....

Just try it, is the only way to know....

BlackCH why didnt you add the driver i gave you in the previous locked thread ? ( for ati x1950pro and GT )

I also attached you a new ALC882 driver that makes it show in Profiler.

Thanks.

yeah, is coming in the next PPF. Can you confirm they work with both Pro and GT models?

I had to fix some base problems first....

ATM i'm still testing and trying to install... got a few failed installs...

Installation goes very fast <5 min. i like that ;-)

Testing my Desktop right now, with a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard, any advise?

i think my network card is giving me a hard time... witch driver should i select?

Overlordt.

Installation goes very fast <5 min

Cannot be that fast, something's wrong there. Are U sure U're installing the BASE 10.5.5 package?. Attach the install log please.

Gigabyte site doesnt say what ethernet controller model is on the mobo...

i gave you the pro , gt PCI-Express ,and the pro AGP . they WORK.

one question , does that 10.5.5 BASE Package on your dvd contain any non-vanilla kexts ? or removed ones?

all vanilla; nothing removed or added

Whats modded on your ALC882 package?

yep; ATI chipset...

If you want (you need OSX installed), download this file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZTF7Q5IW

unzip it on your desktop

then mount the XxX ISO from the terminal:

sudo hdiutil attach -readwrite -owners on /Path/to/the/XxX.ISO

then

sudo rm /Volumes/XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_beta1/System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sudo cp ~/Desktop/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_beta1/System/Library/

Eject the image, reburn and see if it works....no warranty, but worth trying.

Hi!

I dont have Mac OS X ;)

Can you upload to megaupload a PPF patch for ATI chipsets?

Have a nice day.

Hi BlackCH,

Not sure if I post on the right place or not. I have made a driver for ALi M5455 AC97 on my ASUS K8U-X motherboard. If possible, can you consider to add it to your DVD?

Here is the link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=135191

Thanks in advance.

Chun-Nan

Definitely! And thanks to you too! Theres a lot of your drivers on the DVD already!

Can you upload to megaupload a PPF patch for ATI chipsets?

Have a nice day.

You will have to wait a couple of days until I release the next PPF....

Cannot be that fast, something's wrong there. Are U sure U're installing the BASE 10.5.5 package?. Attach the install log please.

Everest in Vista tells me that my motherboard has a Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.

I'm sure those required packages are being installed, I've got Raptor HDD's that could explain why its going that fast, same thing with installing other OS's...

ehmm stupid question, where can i get the install log?

Thanks!

Everest in Vista tells me that my motherboard has a Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.

I'm sure those required packages are being installed, I've got Raptor HDD's that could explain why its going that fast, same thing with installing other OS's...

ehmm stupid question, where can i get the install log?

Thanks!

The ethernet should work without any extra drivers...

Try first installing ONLY this items:

Base 10.5.5

Chameleon

All essentials kext BUT SMBIOSEFI

SMBIOSEnabler (from optional essentials)

ICH_dune

JmicronATA

BootPrompt

Get the log:

Menu bar/Window/Installer Log

when the installation finishes save the log somewhere you can access later.

I used to dual boot with Vista by using chain0 method. I don't see chain0 file on the DVD and when I used the old existing chain0, the pc reboots itself. I can't use that method here ? The installation went fine though.

I dont know much about the chain0 method. If you PM with details about what has to be included on the DVD I might add that....

oddly enough, i could not get the install disk to boot untill i did cpus=2 and then it went in just fine. kinda weird because other releases i had to do cpus=1.

Thats odd. Please post your hardware specs

i've just learned that on other pc's the pointer moves very fast (almost opposite mine)

on my friend's pc after installation there's no darwin bootprompt, instead of it "Boot0:mbr boot:done".

i'm attachin' his CPUz log...

what checkboxes do you recomend to choose for installation?

cpuz.zip

all vanilla; nothing removed or added

Whats modded on your ALC882 package?

It has an updated AppleHDA.kext by Taruga himself ( right before he stopped his project ) and a replacement for ALCInject by taruga also , which is HDAEnabler.kext .. this allows the system profiler to detect the sound info. and it works great anyhow. Thanks

i've just learned that on other pc's the pointer moves very fast (almost opposite mine)

on my friend's pc after installation there's no darwin bootprompt, instead of it "Boot0:mbr boot:done".

i'm attachin' his CPUz log...

what checkboxes do you recomend to choose for installation?

That seems more a problem of HD partitioning/boot sector. Give me the details of the partition scheme. Is he running Windows on the same HD? if yes, how is he selecting the partition to boot?

Anyway as start just install the BASE 10.5.5, bootloader, and the essentials kexts (whats selected by default) and add a kext for chipset/ATA support; and see if works in that way....

It has an updated AppleHDA.kext by Taruga himself ( right before he stopped his project ) and a replacement for ALCInject by taruga also , which is HDAEnabler.kext .. this allows the system profiler to detect the sound info. and it works great anyhow. Thanks

I thing those kexts are already inside the DVD. Did you test them? please run a diff between yours and the ones from the ISO and see if are the same or not. BTW HDAEnabler is from kabyl, not from taruga.