XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

Update 12/16/08

The PPF3 is up at the usual place. You need to apply PPF1 & PPF2 before using this!

Add-on and fixes:

-Chameleon 1.0.11 cdboot (JMicron fix)

-Fixed ChameleonSMBIOS boot.plist (Timeout added)

-Fixed Uli SATA controller support

-Fixed GMAx3000

-GMAx3500

-New Alc 268

-kXAudioDriver 1.2b1

-Ralink RT71

-Old APIC/ACPI

-Marvin's AMD Patcher

-NTFS Driver

-PackageMaker

-IORegistryExplorer

-Updated x86Tools

-DSDTPatcher GUI

-MKextTool

-Minor typo bugs

Update 12/7/08

I've just released the PPF2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAFTEH76

You must apply the PPF1 first and then use the PPF2 on the resulting iso. Keep the MD5 checksums on eye!

The highlight features are:

-Voodoo 1.0 RevA Kernel (many thanks to the Voodoo XNU team for their work!!). It is also used to boot the DVD installer and thanks to its on-the-fly patching I hope the ISO can work on AMD cpus too! (I can not test this. AMD users please test)

-DSDT patcher (by fassl) is integrated on the installer; it will generate a DSDT.aml file that will be load in the first boot with the right bootloader. (be aware that the patcher doesnt work with all the mobos/laptops; check the Install log to see if the patching succeeded or not)

-PCEFI 9 (by netkas) and Chameleon with smbios and dsdt override (by mackerintel)

Besides those the PPF adds the following patches/drivers: Disabler.kext, SMBIOSResolver, ToH 9.2.0 Speedstep kernel, Jmicron JMB360, ATI SB4x0 ATA, Uli 5278 ATA, Marvell 610111ab IDE, Fixed x1950 pro/gt, x1600, GMAx3100 id 2a12, ALC 268 for ACER Aspire One, STAC 9271d, AD1981 AC97, Ali Uli M5455 AC97, NForce LAN Driver, SKGE 02d, iwi 3945, iwi 4965, ACPIBattery, USB Fixed kexts, AHCI icons fix, OpenDSDT kext, CPUx app, PCITools 3.0.0, MSRTools. It also has a new kextcache that hopefully will fix the issues with mouse/keyboard some where having...

The PPF has the undo data just in case something is wrong. Also theres a alternative kernel in the root of the ISO (which doesnt support AMD patching); If you have any problems starting the installer try booting with: -mach_kernel_2.

ENJOY!

Hi all,

For everyone who was asking for the password to unrar the ISO here it is:

mrspock

I've also made a ppf1 (get it at the bay), to fix already some bugs.

Im sure the ISO still has bugs, so use it at your own risk, and please give feedback, so I can work the bugs out (hopefully).

Probably you will have to install a couple of times untill you stumble upon the right drivers for your hardware. You should know all the details about what you have: CPU specs (SSE2, SSE3, 64bit, etc), Motherboard (Chipset, ATA controller, on board graphics, on board Ethernet chip, on board audio chip, etc), graphic card. The rest of the hardware you might have is not important.

The best way to get this information is running EVEREST or SANDRA under windows (hardware brochures are often incomplete/wrong). These programs will scan your hardware and give you all the information you need.

As start I would suggest to do a 'BASE' installation only with the items selected by default in the installer and adding only a chipset/ATA/S-ATA driver (so you have to be sure at least of the chipset you have). If that worked, then you can re-install adding the graphics; then audio, ans so on and so forth....

When reporting bugs/success (yes, success too) state your FULL SPECS. This is at least:

CPU, Motherboard and gpu; and a list of the ITEMS selected in the installer.... Also when reporting a bug make clear if this happens while running the installer or on the HD installation.

The installer doesnt support AMD at the moment.

If you have any drivers request, be sure it works and provide me with a download link. I will Include it in the coming PPFs...

Thanks to all, specially to all the devs (chameleon team, voodoo gnu team, Chun-Nan, Superhai, AnV, etc, etc. IF YOU WANT TO DONATE, DONATE TO THEM)

Installer Screenshot:

post-51637-1225888347_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

The ISO still buggy,

Hi,

can you tell in short which parts are known to be buggy (even with ppf1).

Or do you mean "still buggy" to untested things (hardware you dont have for tests, ...)

Which HW do you use GPU? (i think this will be bugfree?)

Hi,

can you tell in short which parts are known to be buggy (even with ppf1).

Or do you mean "still buggy" to untested things (hardware you dont have for tests, ...)

Which HW do you use GPU? (i think this will be bugfree?)

Yes, thats what I actually ment.... It needs to be tested.

At the moment I only have my laptop (on the signature) to test...

Ok i am burning the PPF DVD image...

I have a intel pentium D, whit a SATA hdd and a IDE DVD.

Dont work!

Whit the PPF DVD image dont work!

I have this computer:

http://support.packardbell.com/es/item/?pn...3504&g=1400

yep; ATI chipset...

If you want (you need OSX installed), download this file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZTF7Q5IW

unzip it on your desktop

then mount the XxX ISO from the terminal:

sudo hdiutil attach -readwrite -owners on /Path/to/the/XxX.ISO

then

sudo rm /Volumes/XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_beta1/System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sudo cp ~/Desktop/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_beta1/System/Library/

Eject the image, reburn and see if it works....no warranty, but worth trying.

Hi BlackCH

This release is awesome!! I gave it a trial run last night and worked at first time like a charm.

I played around and gave another install onto my "official" harddrive then it gave me this error:

"Package 0 didn't get an HPET"

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x1BD0CD5D) No HPETs available... CPU(s) configured incorrectly..

Sorry I didn't keep a list of what I've installed at the first time so I can't compare exactly what "kext" had made this error come up.

I know the solution to this would be to delete AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext but my question is why it didn't give me such error at first install? What have I missed?

Also the included kext for ATI x1950 pro (7280) doesn't support ci/qe. You'd have known it because some guy also mentioned it so I guess it's fixed in later ppf.

My spec and such:

MB: MSI Neo2-FR (ICH9R chipset) (Marvell IDE) (Realtak 888 audio) (MSI-7345)

CPU: Intel E2180 @ 3.0Ghz (3.0x10)

GPU: Gigabyte x1950pro (7280)

RAM: Transcent Jet Ram 2Gx4

Thanks for your great work!

"Package 0 didn't get an HPET"

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x1BD0CD5D) No HPETs available... CPU(s) configured incorrectly..

You need to apply the PPF1 to the ISO first! That will take care of this

still wait for final release

but, thanks blackCH ... it really nice works

It wont be final release until people test and report so I can fix any bugs there might be....

I patched it with PPF1. After installation, it does not start. It behaves almost like a boot132 retail install. The motherboard is Biostar Tpower I-45 with P45/ICH10R chipset.

The only distro that works for this board is iDeneb with boot flag cpus=1, but with only 1 cpu working.

What is wrong with Intel P45 chipset? It makes me want to go back to P35.

I patched it with PPF1. After installation, it does not start. It behaves almost like a boot132 retail install. The motherboard is Biostar Tpower I-45 with P45/ICH10R chipset.

The only distro that works for this board is iDeneb with boot flag cpus=1, but with only 1 cpu working.

What is wrong with Intel P45 chipset? It makes me want to go back to P35.

Do you get just a blinking cursor?

Which items did you choose on the installer?

You need to apply the PPF1 to the ISO first! That will take care of this

It worked!! This release for me is by far the best. The only things left are 1. use an old kext to fix orange icon 2. enable Marvell IDE support for my DVD-ROM 3. Use another kext for ati x1950pro and qe/ci supported.

Thanks again BlackCH

I tried it on GA-EP35, C2D, SATA only, ATI 3850.

Boots and after some time nothing else happens.

Means i can type in or press ENTER and the verbose boot text (boot messages) scrolls up - but nothing else happens.

I tried it on GA-EP35, C2D, SATA only, ATI 3850.

Boots and after some time nothing else happens.

Means i can type in or press ENTER and the verbose boot text (boot messages) scrolls up - but nothing else happens.

Is this booting the DVD? So, if you see the text scrolling down, which is the last message? where stops?

there's no timeout section in com.apple.Boot.plist :wacko:

The patched boot.plist (the one under "bootprompt") looks like this:

<key>Timeout</key>
<string></string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>

this is ok. It makes stop the booting until you press enter or type any flag you may require. I will add 'Timeout' to the one on the DVD, but it should timeout 10 secs anyway (it does here).

Thanks for testing!

that's ok. i've edited .plist already.

but mac os does't boot!

it posts an error like in iDeneb (all versions)

NTFS driver 2.0 [Flags: R/O]
NTFS volume name System, version 3.1.
May 13 09:40:55 localhost mds[26]: (/.Spotlight-V100/Store-V1/Stores/464EF822-B79A-492C-B364-4A62C95F119A)(Error) IndexCI in ContentIndexOpenBulk:No index
NTFS volume name Big_shaMan, version 3.1.
NTFS volume name Audio, version 3.1.
May 13 09:40:57 localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[74]: starting

and it freezes..

(don't pay attention on the date, it's not right :) )

there's some extra messages i can't remember.

i'll better attach my system.log

system.zip

install.zip

N-X, please try installing only this items:

Base 10.5.5

Chameleon

All essentials kext BUT SMBIOSEFI

SMBIOSEnabler (from optional essentials)

ICH_dune

JmicronATA

BootPrompt

Tell me if you have same results....

hmm..

i've booted into system with the -x flag, but my PS2 keyboard didn't work.

----

ok, i'll try.

As U can boot with -x, seems to me theres a kext making troubles.... I hope is not inside the BASE 10.5.5 package.

about your PS2 keyboard; I saw in your log you installed the PS2_AnV package. That might be the problem (might be)....

thanks again for testing