• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

abhi93

abhi93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I first updated to PC EFI_v9 Chameleon using the installer/package that is included in the DSDT Patcher GUI. Then, I applied a patched DSDT using the GUI application and restarted. I am stuck at the grey apple logo boot screen. I tried to boot using verbose, safe mode and also in single user mode. It always gets stuck at:
"HFS: Removed 1 orphaned unlinked files or directories"
Posted Image

Please help! I am posting this from my backup OS(Vista).
- thanks!

ab___73

ab___73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

I first updated to PC EFI_v9 Chameleon using the installer/package that is included in the DSDT Patcher GUI. Then, I applied a patched DSDT using the GUI application and restarted. I am stuck at the grey apple logo boot screen. I tried to boot using verbose, safe mode and also in single user mode. It always gets stuck at:
"HFS: Removed 1 orphaned unlinked files or directories"
Posted Image

Please help! I am posting this from my backup OS(Vista).
- thanks!

Have you tried, DSDT=n or DropDSDT=y at the darwin command line?

I'm sure there's an override option that you can use at darwin boot command line.

abhi93

abhi93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Thanx i will try that and post back the results!

abhi93

abhi93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Have you tried, DSDT=n or DropDSDT=y at the darwin command line?

I'm sure there's an override option that you can use at darwin boot command line.

Tried that but didn't work, still stops at the same message. Please help someone!

dungeon

dungeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
How do I install chameleon?
got three files in the folder after I unzip the file. Thanks.

Vertimyst

Vertimyst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Anything comp-related, gaming, reading, writing (mostly fantasy/sci-fi), puppets, anime, etc.
Yea - what do I do with these files (from the zip)? You say to make them /boot, but I'm a little unclear as to what that means (aside from referring to the /boot directory, which I'm familiar with from using GRUB with linux).

I have Chameleon installed, I just need to know what to do with these files.

voggorb

voggorb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Yea - what do I do with these files (from the zip)? You say to make them /boot, but I'm a little unclear as to what that means (aside from referring to the /boot directory, which I'm familiar with from using GRUB with linux).

I have Chameleon installed, I just need to know what to do with these files.

wondering the same thing.

Actually I'm a bit confused. I running 10.5.5 vanilla kernel (main install from kalyway 10.5.2 dvd), and I'm not sure if I even need to do anything before I install the 10.5.6 update. when I read the top of the first post of this thread it seems like there is no need for the DSDT patch or anything, because quote: "...the final version of 10.5.6 AppleRTC.kext doesnt panic without DSDT patch..."

Could someone please explain what I need to do to update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6?

zhanghy

zhanghy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I am quite new to this community and I just downloaded and installed iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 on my computer (Core 2 duo 2.8ghz e7400, MSI G31M3-F, 9500GT Video, 2g ram).

After the installation (which completed successfully) there was the using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster error and so I fixed it with the old JaS files. The computer could boot up normally but only with 1 core or else it will simply restart after showing a few lines.

I tried the DSDT patch and it compiled successfully and I also used your chameleon patch to reinstall chameleon and chameleon replaced my boot file properly, but the computer still reboots in the same manner if I try to use both cores.

I am not much of a programmer, so can anyone help me out with the problem, I attached the dsl file.

Thanks!

Attached Files

pat-pat

pat-pat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've patched my DSDT trying to get rid of the single core problem...
something went wrong and now I cannot even get the single user mode prompt

is there any chameleon boot parameter to avoid loading the /dsdt.aml file on start up????

thanks

cpufreeze

cpufreeze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
[modified cross-post from Install Leopard Retail DVD on ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 (core i7), Boot-132 + EFI Partition Boot]

running the DSDT patch exactly as described, placing the resulting dsdt.aml into the root directory as /DSDT.aml and

then enabling all cores and HT booting gets stuck with the last message:

"using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

Deleting /DSDT.aml resolves it, but of course there is only on core without HT which defeats the purpose of a core i7.,

Booting with one core set in the bios plus- x brings it up.

Thanks in advance - cpufreeze

P6T Deluxe V2 - i7 920 - 12GB - 10.5.6 - currently booting of 132 CD

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Update: file chameleon in chameleon.zip should become your /boot...

I can no longer restart when I use your chameleon as my /boot: though the debug version works for me so what's the catch? How do I solve this?

I mean I don't want a slow(er) startup due to all debug info, and dumping something like: "version 1 not found" in the non-debug version is IMHO not done.

Edit: I have not tried to recompile it, but I might give it a try later today – I don't have any use for Chameleon 2 RC1 since I am only using OS X on my hack, and thus v1.0.1n is all I need (for now).

zman671

zman671

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
PLEASE help me I am trying to do this tutorial but i don't know how to install the chameleon bootloader, I dont know where to start lol :( . Can someone help me I already have chameleon v2 RC4 installed but want to patch my dsdt so that ideneb can recognize my 4 core i7 920. Please help me :euro:

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
The last post in this thread before yours is more than a year old, and the version of Chameleon that this thread is about is obsolete.
If you already have Chameleon 2.0 RC4 installed you don't need to do anything to your bootloader or its configuration to use a patched DSDT with it.

You don't need to patch your DSDT to get OS X to recognize your i7 CPU. All you need to do is add SMBustype=1793 to /Extra/smbios.plist.
Read: http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1400949

The above will not work if you're using the Voodoo kernel, the Voodoo Kernel already has CPU overriding/faking built-in.

What kernel are you using? If you don't know, run Terminal.app, type uname -a and post the output here.

If it turns out you're using the Voodoo Kernel, don't worry about the CPU type being incorrect, it's perfectly normal and it's for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy