How do I make a linux codec dump?

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > [codec dump filename].txt

X-tra

X-tra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I'm sorry, I dont get it. Should I enter that in terminal or browse to that folder? Because both dont work:P

RaidenII

RaidenII

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I'm sorry, I dont get it. Should I enter that in terminal or browse to that folder? Because both dont work:P

???
You did that under Mac?
You need a Linux (livecd is ok) and enter terminal and type the command.

X-tra

X-tra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Guess I'll just download a copy of Knoppix. BTW, do I need to send age_sabres18 the applehda.kext with my dev id in it?

CompCrasher86

CompCrasher86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Building computers, audio and video editing, HOME THEATER, Xbox 360.
Hey I am having troubles. I followed your tutorial step by step and did everything. Then installed both the AppleHDA and HDA Enabler with kexthelper. Look at my screenshot below and this is what System Profiler is showing. However, under "sound" under system prefs, it says theres no input or output devices detected. I have a Dell Studio 15 laptop and my Device ID for the IDT Audio on this laptop is 7675. In decimal form, that came out to be 287143541. I feel like I am very close, can you help?

Attached File  systemprofiler.tiff   76.06KB   374 downloads

I took screen captures throughout the entire patching if theres any areas you would like to check....

greenflesh

greenflesh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Anyone tried this on an ECS A780GM-A "Black Series" ?
I followed the guides on this forum, none worked at all...please need help.
Thanks.

CompCrasher86

CompCrasher86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Building computers, audio and video editing, HOME THEATER, Xbox 360.
well once my IDT Audio is working, I have some nice screenshots and a detailed log so I can write a in-depth for any beginners out there, however I need to figure out why mine is not working first....

rmartinl1109

rmartinl1109

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi

i am tryin to config the driver but i dont know what i am doing wrong

in osx86 tools i have
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)

in system profile i have

Device ID: 0x103C30F4
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:
Microphone:
Connection: Internal
Speaker:
Connection: Internal
Microphone:
Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

so wich one i need to config the applehda.kext

thanks

age_sabres18

age_sabres18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
hi everyone sorry ive been away. i will be posting the pinconfig guide within the week for all you IDTers out there with no sound!

P.S. i got your emails and it seems like pinconfig is the problem :(

Fujilives

Fujilives

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
It's late now and I have to go to bed, but I'll be trying this in the next couple days - I'm very visual, so I'm awaiting those screenshots to guide me through before I attempt this.

I just got the wireless working on my dell studio 17 with the new airport fix, so if I can get sound via this fix - that leaves only finding proper video drivers to make this a pretty much fully-functional osx86 install. We get this {censored} going and I'll post a full out "how to" on the dell 17 - maybe even give a video :(

Bongo Kong

Bongo Kong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Akiraosx i think we have exactly the same notebook.can you upload somewhere the files you used please?

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
age_sabres18
-really looking forward to the write up and also could you email me your dump and applehda.kext? I would like to compare yours tom mine to see what the major difference is

mdkjr@comcast.net

Guest: bkpatel7_*

Guest: bkpatel7_*
  • Guests

MAKE SURE TO USE HDAENABLER.KEXT NOT ALCINJECT SO APPLEHDA LOADS! :D

I was wondering if anyone could provide a detailed step-by-step on this? I checked through Vista that I have the same DevID etc. as yours age_sabres18. I'm running the the HP dv3500t. I tried this but when I put the AppleHDA kext into the System/Library/Extensions folder I get an error saying that the "System ext cannot be used: the System extension 'System/lib/ext/hda enabler.kext' was install improperly and cannot be used.

So my question is, how do I use the HDAEnabler kext with this procedure, what I did was to copy into the same Extensions folder...I'm guessng that's not correct.

Thanks and sorry for this noob issue.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
from a noob stand point if you are not used to using terminal I would suggest kexthelper. if you do a search in google you can find it the rest becomes self explanitory

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Age_sabres18 Hey man I could really use your codec dump and AppleHDA.kext I feel I am very close and I am just a little confused about pin layout It would be a great help and I looked at the pathmap do all of your inputs and outputs work? Seems like something is missing but that may just be me.
Thanks,
Mark
MDKJR@comcast.net

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay I now have sound through internal speakers only and I will be working on getting the rest working however does anyone know how to get the sound hardware controlled instead of software controlled?

admezor

admezor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I have a Gateway P-6860FX notebook with an IDT 92HD71B8 that now works with internal speakers and headphones using the kexts provided in this thread.

One oddity is that Audio/Midi shows the output device, but shows no output controls - it does show input controls (which I assume are actually the output controls). System pref's Sound panel looks right with working controls for output. Input shows internal mic, but also says it has no controls.

Thanks very much to Areon and age_sabres18 for making this happen. And thanks to bifnewman for hooking me up with this thread.

RaidenII

RaidenII

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
waiting for a driver could shutdown properly under 10.5.5...

satie kim

satie kim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
idt 9273E

0x111D7676

revision id 1002

applehda hex data plz.. help me. T,.T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy