• Please log in to reply
1614 replies to this topic

supermx3

supermx3

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
no one has and there probably wont ever be since apple has moved away from integrated intel graphics

Will Survive

Will Survive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
+1 on wait for GMA4500m. stuck on 1024x768. chose GMA950 on customize option but still no way to change resolution. is there a way to have options to change resoution. i have a Lenovo 3000 g530l 4151 and i also can't get photo booth to work because of the video card issue so i don't know any other way to test my camera. i saw it worked on the startup/setup screen when it asked for a picture or snapshot for the user but thats as far as i've got with the camera...so any suggestions????

kenshou

kenshou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
so am I waiting the driver for T400
hope that come soon

heron96

heron96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
waitting for driver for x4500 too

HDjunkie

HDjunkie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
4500m here too. Stuck at 1024x768. I have an Acer Aspire AS4730 that I recently installed ideneb on and I'm also having trouble with my sound drivers. I can't believe there are so many of us looking for a solution. :wacko:

option_t5010

option_t5010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
how difficult would it be to configure the linux driver that is available now for the 4500 to work with osx86?

hzlan

hzlan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
me, too! 4500m user!

maxpadun

maxpadun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
F** i have 4500 too...(((((((((

MrBryan

MrBryan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I have a laptop with gma 4500 mhd --- perhaps with all the demand here we can pool together a bounty so someone will work on a driver? The developer of the x3500 has suggeseted that it may be , but is not absolutely impossible...

Martin255

Martin255

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I am with you on this, MrBryan. Even a basic driver would be worth quite a lot to me.

b:z

b:z

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
+ 1. I am lenovo x301 user.

scooter133

scooter133

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
+1 Lenovo T500 User...

The 1024x768 on a native 1680x1050 looks pretty bad... Windows 7 look sooooo much crisper and cleaner..

This is kind of a deal breaker for me... :(

MrBryan

MrBryan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Well here's my $40 CAD pledge to anyone who makes a x4500 mhd card work....

which is like $47 USD

Scholesy18

Scholesy18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
My $20 pledge. All I want is 1280x800 resolution. Nothing else. :huh:

Martin255

Martin255

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I can go up to 100 euros. It is not much considering that with a working driver, I wouldn't have to buy a OSx86 compatible netbook.

underball

underball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Enough with the +1 and I can pledge $.50 towards a driver posts.

If you don't have anything relevant to add to this discussion, like an actual driver, or progress being made on one, don't post.

tema1487

tema1487

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
@scholesy18: Change in com./ apple boot plist resolution to 1280x800

consono

consono

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I managed to get native resolution (1280x800) on X4500!

But it is not easy... And right now it needs a lot of tweaking. Basically you have to install grub2 bootloader with the integrated 915resolution patch, but first you have to modify this patch to recognize the X4500, After that you can patch the 1024x768 resolution to 1280x800 and boot your OSX vith grub2. (You have to use the boot loader to patch the video modes in order to have the right modes in the videobios when OSX starts). I used archlinux for this because it has a package for grub2-915resolution. I will try to create a bootable pendrive/cdimage which can boot into the 1280x800 resolution but I'm more like a hackar than a developer...

One more thing: you can use this method to use other widescreen resolutions, but it will remain the same old vesa, no CI,no QE!

mynameiszane

mynameiszane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I managed to get native resolution (1280x800) on X4500!

But it is not easy... And right now it needs a lot of tweaking. Basically you have to install grub2 bootloader with the integrated 915resolution patch, but first you have to modify this patch to recognize the X4500, After that you can patch the 1024x768 resolution to 1280x800 and boot your OSX vith grub2. (You have to use the boot loader to patch the video modes in order to have the right modes in the videobios when OSX starts). I used archlinux for this because it has a package for grub2-915resolution. I will try to create a bootable pendrive/cdimage which can boot into the 1280x800 resolution but I'm more like a hackar than a developer...

One more thing: you can use this method to use other widescreen resolutions, but it will remain the same old vesa, no CI,no QE!

Any way you could translate this to a step by step guide cause thats confusing

Martin255

Martin255

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
consono, when you say 'other widescreen resolutions', what do you mean? I thought VESA could not support anything higher than 1280x800.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy