• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

frantisheq

frantisheq

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
maybe installing QuickTime 7 from Optional Installs.mpkg on Snow Leo DVD will help
EDIT: no it won't. it causes qt7 to crash

echobass

echobass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

maybe installing QuickTime 7 from Optional Installs.mpkg on Snow Leo DVD will help
EDIT: no it won't. it causes qt7 to crash

Great! New OS killed my camera. Is this Vista or what? Progress eh?

drueter

drueter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

When I download the SONIX drives on snow leopard, the installation keeps failing.

I'm having the same problem with snow leopard. I'm using the sonix SN9C201 driver with a VEHO VMS-004 USB microscope. It worked fine under 10.5.8 but 10.6 has killed it.

Strangely, the sonix 'webcam monitor' app seems to work fine - except that the setting for LED ON/OFF is greyed out. Unfortunately it's stuck 'off' and you need it on most of the time!

I seem to remember messing about with plists some time ago with the older VEHO VMS-001 USB microscope, using the sonix driver. I somehow got the LED to turn on whenever you changed the 50hz/60hz setting, but now I can't remember how or what I did!

Anyone else have either of these microscopes working?

I fixed the SONIX installer - two of the scripts in the package need to be tweaked. Don't know why they wrote them this way, but they start with

#!bin/sh

instead of what they should be:

#!/bin/sh

Just change that at the top of two scripts in the installer package. The scripts are in Contents/Resources, and are called preflight and postflight. That got the installer working for me.

However, the driver (configured as described in this thread for my VX-6000) works at first but crashes any app using video when the app stops using the camera. Maybe it just isn't Snow Leopard compatible? Anyone else experience this?

Here's the error it puts in the system log:

WebCam Monitor[11509] CFDictionaryReplaceValue(): immutable collection 0x349fc0 given to mutating function

Also, don't know if it makes any difference, but I opened it up and the controller chip in my cam is not the sn9c201, but the sn9c202.

cptnhitop9

cptnhitop9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
<<<OK here it is. Not sure but it should work. VX-1000 is a combination of Sonix sn9c105r+OV7660 so first install Sonix SN9C102p driver

SN9C102p_Series_WebCam_Driver_OSX_1.01.0004.zip ( 634.48K ) Number of downloads: 317>>>

Hey mate... this worked great for me (thank you), but do you know how to get ichat to work better with this method? Still kinda strobe-ish.

frantisheq

frantisheq

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
no idea

macphreak4evr

macphreak4evr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

try to put this in /Library/QuickTime/

MAN THIS WORKED GREAT!!!

I tried editing the plist, but I was using textedit and must have screwed it up, but after downloading the file and plopping it into the same location it worked great!!! Skype , Ichat, Everything!!! AWESOME!!! oh im on a 10.5.6 hackintosh (HPD530)the camera is a lifecam VX-6000

thank you so much!!!

boldfire

boldfire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Does this work with PhotoBooth for anybody? When I go to the Camera menu it lists the iSight and "Camera (In Use)" - the camera is the VX-1000 which works in every other application I've tried - and it most definitely isn't in use.

capsulecore

capsulecore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

OK here it is. Not sure but it should work. VX-1000 is a combination of Sonix sn9c105r+OV7660 so first install Sonix SN9C102p driver

and then extract the fixed quicktime component and put it in /Library/QuickTime. Overwrite the original one.

Let me know if it works and don't forget to delete macam component or any other driver that you have tried or it may conflict with this one.

Hi all, So - my company decided to order 40 vx-1000 cameras to install on macs. I have downloaded the revised files and it doesnt appear as though they work. I have installed the driver (SN9C102p Series WebCam Driver OSX 1.01.0004) & replaced the Info.plist file - but i get nothing. Im hoping someone has found a solution to this problem and simply hasn't posted it.

boldfire

boldfire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have yet to find / make one which works nicely with PhotoBooth, if anyone has could they upload the .zip please? It'll be much appreciated.

Mac Junky

Mac Junky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
using the latest 1.0.3 driver from sonix for the VX-6000, camera is recognised in monitor but no picture / sound and the camera does not switch on. any ideas?

this is in SL 10.6.2

robrecord

robrecord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Sorry guys. Microsoft VX-1000 is broken under Snow Leopard, due to under-the-hood changes with how Quicktime Components work. You need to get a refund or wait for new drivers to be created - don't hold your breath.

Edit: new drivers created & got it to work, see http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1577626

robrecord

robrecord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I spoke too soon - I have a fix for Snow Leopard!

(Edit: I now have a better fix - see here: http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1577626 )

Download the latest CVS build of Macam: http://sourceforge.n...bcam-osx/files/

Place the macam component in both ~/Library/Quicktime and /Library/Quicktime (that is, your main library AND your user library.)

Restart your computer. Open Skype or whatever, and behold the camera working! :D :(

robrecord

robrecord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I have a fix for Snow Leopard!

...behold the camera working! ;) :o

Working driver for Microsoft LifeCam VX-series under Snow Leopard.

OK Here's an even better idea. This is for all Microsoft LifeCam VX-Whatever (VX-1000 is mine).

EDIT: Unfortunately this driver seems to kill Skype... But the (inferior) Macam driver doesn't - use that if you need to use Skype. I will try to find a solution.
EDIT 6 Nov 2010: I found a new driver from Sonix that fixes the Skype problem. Attachement has been updated.

I have attached a driver with all the modifications necessary for Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000.

Use this to get the benefit of auto-white balance and auto-gain which doesn't come with the macam component.

Here's what I did, in case you want to do it yourself:
  • Download the modified Sonix driver as detailed above.
  • Make the changes to the driver as detailed above, if necessary. (tip: right click on the driver and choose 'Show Package Contents').
  • Very important, as detailed above, to set the tag which has a 1 to an 0. This only needs to be set within the <dict> ..... </dict> indent where your camera's product/vendor ID is.

Installation:

This is the key to making this work: Make sure you put this driver (VERY IMPORTANT FOR SNOW LEOPARD) in your User/Library/Quicktime folder - that is: /Users/yourusername/Library/QuickTime - NOT the main HD library ('all users') as Snow Leopard won't detect it there.

Remove any other webcam driver that's meant to be specifically for your webcam from both the Main library and your User library's Quicktime folders: i.e. Macam, Sonix whatever.. leave just the newly modified Sonix driver in your User/Library/Quicklime folder. (This might not be necessary, but do this first and check if it works).

Use WebCam Monitor from the Sonix installer (detailed in a post above) to set the correct settings. [Note: the installer might overwrite your modified driver!] The camera driver is just called 'Camera' in apps that ask you to select from a list. If you have several 'Camera's, it'll be the last one.

If you want to use with iChat or PhotoBooth, you'll need an app called iUSBChat - search for it. It needs paying for. EDIT this no longer works with Snow Leopard - sorry.

No need to restart your computer, it should just work after restarting your webcam apps (e.g. WebCam Monitor, Iris, Skype).

AUDIO:

If you need audio and aren't getting it, make sure all camera apps are quit, then open WebCam Monitor (which comes in the Sonix installer as detailed above somewhere). Make sure you're getting a picture in the preview box first. Go to Monitor > Sound Settings. You should see the green bar move with your voice. If not, check the 'Source' tab has 'USB Camera' highlighted. Turn on the 'Speaker' setting to check it - click your fingers next to the camera. It should normally be off while recording. I found it was necessary to set the gain to Max.

So now, whenever there is an app using the camera, the sound should be available via the input channel called 'USB Camera'. Set it in System Prefs > Sound > Input. Turn up the mic volume (gain) to max.

With skype you need to set this in the Audio Preferences too.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files

Edited by robrecord, 06 November 2010 - 12:50 PM.

robrecord

robrecord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
If you feel the need to disable/enable quicktime components or just see what you have installed, here's something you can use to manage them:

http://macdaddyworld...ponent-manager/

Warmtai

Warmtai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I got my VX-1000 to work on my Mac OSX Leopard. Here are the steps:

1 Download the Sonix driver as stated above.
2 Install the driver as per instruction.
3 Open Library/Quicktime/Contents/Info.plist
4 Search for idproduct 24827.
5 Change idproduct to 247 and idvendor to 1118
6 Look for the <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> key and change the value to 0
7 Save changes and close file

Make sure to delete macam or other drivers/components too.

Have fun!

The above technique works also for Lifecam VX-500. The only difference is the idproduct which should be set to 1866. I've tested with Skype and Photo Booth on Snow Leopard. I've also attached my modified files based on the original SN9C102p Driver OSX 1.02. The file should be unzipped under /Library/Quicktime.

Thanks goes to the original poster of the solution. Cheers!

Attached Files

runegood

runegood

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Finally got my VX-6000 working with Skype, iChat (using iUSBCam) and QuickTime. All you need to do is download "SN9C202 (Phase out)" driver from Sonix , install it and edit /Library/QuickTime/Sonix SN9C201 WebCam.component/Contents/Info.plist . There are some dots but better than nothing. Take a look at the pic.

A little HOWTO.

I have a MS LifeCame VX6000 and I downloaded the Sonix Driver you linked and edited the info.plist file to match what your picture shows; device id:244 and vendor id:1118. I repaired permissions with disk utility and I was able to get photo booth to take a picture but its completely black. I went back and changed the info.plist again using the device id:0x00f4 and the vendor id:0x045e. Again, I repaired permissions with disk utility but still got no picture from the camera. Is the light on the cam supposed to come on when its working? Also, the Sonix Web Cam Monitor does not pull up any cameras in its list when i open it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

John Coles

John Coles

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

I have tried all the methods in this topic and still can't get the Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 to work in snow leopard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jefffi

jefffi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, just wanted to detail for anyone searching for the Clique HUE webcam (not to be confused with the Clique HUE HD webcam) my steps to get the system working with Skype. No, Photo Booth and iChat etc are not working -- these applications are still limited to UVC compatible webcams.

Hardware Details:
Clique HUE webcam (appears in system profiler as USB 20 Camera, Vendor ID: 0x0c45, Product ID: 0x6282)
OSX 10.6.4
Skype 2.8.x (assume other apps not dependent on UVC will work, not yet tested)

No info.plist hacking required, our device is supported!

1) Remove other webcam drivers from /Library/QuickTime and /Users/<username>/Library/QuickTime (macam, hue drivers, etc)
2) Download and install the Sonix SN9C201/202 driver
3) Move the "Sonix SN9C201 Webcam.component" from /Library/QuickTime to /Users/<username>/Library/QuickTime (reported elsewhere: since 10.6.3, OSX fails to detect webcam drivers in the system-wide Library)
4) Change the video settings to 640x480 @ 60Hz using the "WebCam Monitor" installed with driver (Skype only showed 1/4 of the video screen before changing this)
5) Change the Sound Input to "USB 20 Camera" in System Preferences
6) Fire up Skype and celebrate, you don't yet have to buy a new webcam yet! Although, as noted above, if you want to use other UVC only apps -- you still do :-).

Thanks for this thread, it's what sent me down the right path to get the camera working.

jgar

jgar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Jefffi. Thanks for your guide however I seem to have a black screen in both webcam monitor and skype. I have the same HUE camera ( checked in system profiler ), the only difference is I'm running 10.6.3.

Any advice anyone?

frantisheq

frantisheq

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
tried VX-6000 with old skype 2.7.0.330 and it works. most apps will crash after you close video but until then no problem. every version of skype 2.8 will crash no matter what. http://mac.oldapps.c...hp?old_skype=32

Sonix SN9C201 WebCam.component in /Library/QuickTime

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy