Using Sonix driver with Microsoft Lifecam VX-6000 and others

frantisheq

89 posts in this topic

hello frantisheq . i've tried ur method . my cam is buit in . and it's hp webcam here is the info.

Version: 6.04

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.

Product ID: 0xb016

Serial Number: SN0001

Vendor ID: 0x04f2

i installed the sonix driver . and webcam monitor does work . i just need to change fram setting to less then 5 each time i wanna use the webcam monitor program. i did installed the patch you provided. but for my cam i searched everywhere i couldn't find bringe + sensor combination. so i just picked HV7131R which i think it was a close call. i added the Ven and product id to HV7131R webcam saved plist and everything was ok. and when i clicked ichat . the iusb showed a new webcam detected. with this name HV7131R webcam. but when i tried turning the cam on in ichat . it didn't turn on the cam's light or it didn't turn the cam on at all. although it does turn on when i'm using the webcam monitor application from sonix. so i don't know, if you can give any advice i'll appreciate it. and sorry i typed to much.

oh one more thing . did you try macam . if you look inside macam source package which comes with the installation. inside a folder called cameras . you'll see all the supported drivers and a file called example.m . that file shows how to add ven and product id . i tried doing it but it got a bit confusing so i stopped .

note: my cam works in yahoo and a couple of other programs. like murcary for msn messenger. and camtwist .

same for me, except my product id is b022, have you found any solution?

I got my VX-1000 to work on my Mac OSX Leopard. Here are the steps:

1 Download the Sonix driver as stated above.

2 Install the driver as per instruction.

3 Open Library/Quicktime/Contents/Info.plist

4 Search for idproduct 24827.

5 Change idproduct to 247 and idvendor to 1118

6 Look for the <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> key and change the value to 0

7 Save changes and close file

Make sure to delete macam or other drivers/components too.

Have fun!

Hey Thank you and the thread stater.

Here is mine Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Driver same as VX-1000 just need to change Product id :unsure:

Everything works fine audio and video even photobooth worked out :wacko: awesome. Have fun

Try this website for Sensor+Bridge

Microsoft_VX_3000_Mac_Driver.zip

• 1 month later...

This is a great post. thanks. I ran into a few minor differences, but it works great even so.

When I opened Info.plist, there was no idproduct 24827.

There was an idproduct already set to 247, with the idvendor as 1118.

There were a number of occurrences of "<asicPSnsrPwrDnInv>", so I changed all their values from 1 to 0.

I don't know why this case was different.

Maybe other cameras won't work. Oh well - the one I have does.

In any case, it worked! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I got my VX-1000 to work on my Mac OSX Leopard. Here are the steps:

1 Download the Sonix driver as stated above.

2 Install the driver as per instruction.

3 Open Library/Quicktime/Contents/Info.plist

4 Search for idproduct 24827.

5 Change idproduct to 247 and idvendor to 1118

6 Look for the <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> key and change the value to 0

7 Save changes and close file

Make sure to delete macam or other drivers/components too.

Have fun!

I followed these instructions with my VX-1000 and was able to get video perfectly, but I am not able to get the built in microphone to record anything. I've tried with the WebCam Monitor program that came with the Sonix driver and also with the Google Chat video settings.

Does anyone have the VX-1000 microphone working?

Thanks!

P.S. As a hint, and as someone mentioned above when following these instructions the key <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> appears many times (~20). The first time I tried I only set the first instance to 0 and got no picture out of the webcam. When I tried again I set all instances of <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> to 0 and thats when I got video.

• 4 months later...
OK here it is. Not sure but it should work. VX-1000 is a combination of Sonix sn9c105r+OV7660 so first install Sonix SN9C102p driver

SN9C102p_Series_WebCam_Driver_OSX_1.01.0004.zip

and then extract the fixed quicktime component and put it in /Library/QuickTime. Overwrite the original one.

Sonix_SN9C102p_WebCam.component_fixed.zip

Let me know if it works and don't forget to delete macam component or any other driver that you have tried or it may conflict with this one.

I've been trying to follow this post from the top and get my LifeCam VX-1000 working on my mac. When I download the SN9C102p and install and then go to /library/quicktime the only thing in there is the Sonix SN9C102p webcam.component there is no where else to go can't go further to Contents/Info.plist . to change the settings there. Can anybody help me?

OK here it is. Not sure but it should work. VX-1000 is a combination of Sonix sn9c105r+OV7660 so first install Sonix SN9C102p driver

and then extract the fixed quicktime component and put it in /Library/QuickTime. Overwrite the original one.

Let me know if it works and don't forget to delete macam component or any other driver that you have tried or it may conflict with this one.

I tried downloading this but there is nothing in the quicktime library doesn't go onto /contents/

I've since tried macam which I can finally get a picture with and sound but i's not a quality picture it's {censored} can only make out shaddows and it's flashing bright colours like strobe effect. Can anyone help me. I have the LifeCam VX-1000

I have finally got to the step where I'm trying to edit the info.plist but mine looks nothing like what you say it should. I can not find any product id and all that I'm using a LifeCam VX-1000

Please help. trying to get this set up so my wife can talk to her family in another country.

I have finally got to the step where I'm trying to edit the info.plist but mine looks nothing like what you say it should. I can not find any product id and all that I'm using a LifeCam VX-1000

Please help. trying to get this set up so my wife can talk to her family in another country.

How did you find the contents folder??? I don't see it anywhere! ;)

NVM!!! I found the solution, check this thread. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161761

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I download the SONIX drives on snow leopard, the installation keeps failing.

I'm having the same problem with snow leopard. I'm using the sonix SN9C201 driver with a VEHO VMS-004 USB microscope. It worked fine under 10.5.8 but 10.6 has killed it.

Strangely, the sonix 'webcam monitor' app seems to work fine - except that the setting for LED ON/OFF is greyed out. Unfortunately it's stuck 'off' and you need it on most of the time!

I seem to remember messing about with plists some time ago with the older VEHO VMS-001 USB microscope, using the sonix driver. I somehow got the LED to turn on whenever you changed the 50hz/60hz setting, but now I can't remember how or what I did!

Anyone else have either of these microscopes working?

• 1 month later...
When I download the SONIX drives on snow leopard, the installation keeps failing.

I'm having the same problem with snow leopard. I'm using the sonix SN9C201 driver with a VEHO VMS-004 USB microscope. It worked fine under 10.5.8 but 10.6 has killed it.

Strangely, the sonix 'webcam monitor' app seems to work fine - except that the setting for LED ON/OFF is greyed out. Unfortunately it's stuck 'off' and you need it on most of the time!

I seem to remember messing about with plists some time ago with the older VEHO VMS-001 USB microscope, using the sonix driver. I somehow got the LED to turn on whenever you changed the 50hz/60hz setting, but now I can't remember how or what I did!

Anyone else have either of these microscopes working?

I fixed the SONIX installer - two of the scripts in the package need to be tweaked. Don't know why they wrote them this way, but they start with

#!bin/sh

instead of what they should be:

#!/bin/sh

Just change that at the top of two scripts in the installer package. The scripts are in Contents/Resources, and are called preflight and postflight. That got the installer working for me.

However, the driver (configured as described in this thread for my VX-6000) works at first but crashes any app using video when the app stops using the camera. Maybe it just isn't Snow Leopard compatible? Anyone else experience this?

Here's the error it puts in the system log:

WebCam Monitor[11509] CFDictionaryReplaceValue(): immutable collection 0x349fc0 given to mutating function

Also, don't know if it makes any difference, but I opened it up and the controller chip in my cam is not the sn9c201, but the sn9c202.

• 3 weeks later...

<<<OK here it is. Not sure but it should work. VX-1000 is a combination of Sonix sn9c105r+OV7660 so first install Sonix SN9C102p driver

SN9C102p_Series_WebCam_Driver_OSX_1.01.0004.zip ( 634.48K ) Number of downloads: 317>>>

Hey mate... this worked great for me (thank you), but do you know how to get ichat to work better with this method? Still kinda strobe-ish.

• 1 month later...
try to put this Sonix_SN9C201_WebCam.component.zip in /Library/QuickTime/

MAN THIS WORKED GREAT!!!

I tried editing the plist, but I was using textedit and must have screwed it up, but after downloading the file and plopping it into the same location it worked great!!! Skype , Ichat, Everything!!! AWESOME!!! oh im on a 10.5.6 hackintosh (HPD530)the camera is a lifecam VX-6000

thank you so much!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Does this work with PhotoBooth for anybody? When I go to the Camera menu it lists the iSight and "Camera (In Use)" - the camera is the VX-1000 which works in every other application I've tried - and it most definitely isn't in use.

Hi all, So - my company decided to order 40 vx-1000 cameras to install on macs. I have downloaded the revised files and it doesnt appear as though they work. I have installed the driver (SN9C102p Series WebCam Driver OSX 1.01.0004) & replaced the Info.plist file - but i get nothing. Im hoping someone has found a solution to this problem and simply hasn't posted it.

• 4 weeks later...