cosonic

cosonic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Working ......

well i finally got it to work , tested on SL and Lion , heres what i did:
To begin with i used the 0.64.5 version coz the latest version .64.6 caused KP as mentioned by other users..
the NIC uses by default nvenet.kext which is found in S/L/E in IONetworking kext...so all i did is open that IONetworking kext and removed nvenet.kext from it (removing the entire IONetworking caused freezes during booting) . then i ran the installer and installed nforce kext the i just ran system utilties in ##### so that i rebuild caches etc etc.
Rebooted and it was working!

Hope this helps.

kilian

kilian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
But after 5 min my hackintosh losts the connection :(

Onetap

Onetap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys, This Thread is prob already dead but....

I can install 0.64.6 however once installed (repaired permissions etc) and restarted, it cant assign me an IP address. I tried giving it a manual ip but its still doesnt work but says its connected.

Im running a MSI NF980-G65 with a MCP77 Ethernet Network Controller.

ardilla13

ardilla13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
im running a Asus P5N32-E SLI With a MCP55 Dual Ethernet (nForcelan 0.64.5), Q6600, Lion 10.7.2 and have the same issues, lan work and stop working after a few minutes or hard traffic.... but today probe a tweak and no more lan stop workings ;))

in S/L/E/nForcelan.kext/Contents/ Edit info.plist and change the value "DisableMSI" to TRUE (False by default). Reboot and all works fine...

uptime since change value 10Hours, downloading heavy files and Moving files from lan and no problems.

Sorry for my english and hope this tweak help someone.

Regards,
David

palz

palz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
This is a pretty big sack of BS. My built in ethernet driver on iATKOS L2 was telling me it was connected, but no pages would load on safari. The driver on this site is improperly coded (according to Lion), and even after I tried to fix it, no dice. I finally extracted the version of nForceLAN in iATKOS S3, and it worked--- for 10 minutes, then (while still telling me it was connected), pages stopped loading.

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Aviation, FSX, Electronics, Music, Travel, Railways, Guitar, Drums

Hi I am using an M4N98TD evo board, it was the last ever Nforce Chipset, it is an AMD socket board, I am using an AMD 1090T X6 processor.

The Chipset on this is the combined NF200 SLI chip with the MC78 chipset, it shows as MC72 in AIDA 64 but they were all kind of related. Although it claims to be a 980A chipset, its a rebadged 780A that has added support for DDR3 memory.

When I installed my MAC OS X, initially I was installing a Nforce LAN driver, just out of interest on a reinstall, I decided not to use it and lo and behold, the Ethernet was still detected and still worked, I haven't updated this to 10.6.8 as yet but the default IOnetworking kext is working at the minute.

jayzfelon

jayzfelon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys I managed to install mavericks in my system however everytime I try to install nforcelan 64.5 or 64.6 I get kernel panic. I had this working on my mountain lion without issues. Even after remiving nvenet. Attached is a screen shot of my kp. Advice is needed.

Attached Files

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

@ jayzfelon

nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext is working fine for me in Mavericks in /S/L/E

Did you manually set ownership and permissions of the Extensions folder? See my nForce OS X Mavericks Install Guide Post #2.....:)

eno

eno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Just a heads-up. My nForce motherboard fried itself awhile ago so I have no way to test nForceLAN anymore. I will shortly post the latest code on github so that it will be readily available to anyone who wants to fix any of the remaining issues. Just send me a pull request once the repository is up.

Repository: http://www.github.com/hjelmn/nForceLAN

Savva_Mitrofanov

Savva_Mitrofanov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Just a heads-up. My nForce motherboard fried itself awhile ago so I have no way to test nForceLAN anymore. I will shortly post the latest code on github so that it will be readily available to anyone who wants to fix any of the remaining issues. Just send me a pull request once the repository is up.

Repository: http://www.github.com/hjelmn/nForceLAN

Bro , why you disabled wol function?

i mean this part of code:

/* disable Wakeup on LAN */
    writeRegister(NvRegWakeUpFlags, 0);
    _wolEnabled = false;

however it should be like this 

code taken from nforce4lan sources

IOReturn com_triton_forcedeth::setWakeOnMagicPacket(bool active)
{    
    //IOLockLock(lock);
    if( active ) {
        writeRegister(NvRegWakeUpFlags, NVREG_WAKEUPFLAGS_ENABLE);
        wolEnabled = true;
    } else {
        writeRegister(NvRegWakeUpFlags, 0);
        wolEnabled = false;
    }
    //IOLockUnlock(lock);
    return kIOReturnSuccess;
}

Also .. can you release 64.5 sources?

Savva_Mitrofanov

Savva_Mitrofanov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Ok i fixed it , and rewrite for 10.9 sdk

wait for my release

here my speedtest 

3531881852.png

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

@ Savva_Mitrofanov

That is nice to know......waiting to try your modified release........ :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy