• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gotrpms

Gotrpms

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Ok i have search the internet and am struggling with this. I would like to use the Apple tv as a bridge from my wireless network to an Ethernet connection. Is there any way of doing this on apple tv 2.1 firmware.

cmdshft

cmdshft

Retired OSx86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
Not to my knowledge, no. That's not what it's built to do.

kdb424

kdb424

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Not easily that I can think of. The apple TV was made to take in the ethernet, not put out data. Sorry. Neat idea though!

tom1971

tom1971

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
no, you can't do it.
Sorry.

Adrian Fogge

Adrian Fogge

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 794 posts
Why are you claiming that "you can't do it"?

We are talking about simple functionality that exists inside of all network stacks for *every* operating system.
While I absolutely admit that I have personally not tried this under an AppleTV, you have a standard network stack that supports all aspects of the OSI model.

Just because there are no graphical tools available to make the whole process "pretty" doesn't mean that it isn't possible.

One thing that I do know for certain is that the AppleTV's base OS contains IPTables.
And here's a guide on how to set up exactly what you are talking about *with* IPTables.

http://www.howtoforg...rading-on-linux

Have a nice day!

~Adrian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy